PDA

View Full Version : TNA Against All Odds card

Fox
02-12-2006, 03:46 AM
NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
"The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett (c) vs. Christian Cage

TNA X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP TRIPLE THREAT MATCH
"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe (c) vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
America's Most Wanted (c) vs. Sonjay Dutt & Chris Sabin

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH
Rhino vs. Abyss w/ The Minister James Mitchell

Team 3D vs. Team Canada (Eric Young & A1)

The James Gang vs. The Latin American Exchange

Matt Bentley vs. Alex Shelley vs. Petey Williams vs. Jay Lethal

Pretty good lineup. Better than the WWE's monthly ripoffs anyways.

Skippord
02-12-2006, 04:17 AM
Sabin/Sonjay is a dumb team

Cuzziebro
02-12-2006, 04:31 AM

Should be good, hopefully Cage wins.

Impact!
02-12-2006, 06:05 AM

Should be good. I'm hoping that their weill be a return of Sting in this match though (maybe AMW, Abyss, Team Canada run down to interfere, out comes 3D, Rhino to try and stop it. Then the lights go out, and when they come back on we see sting in the ring. They could finish this like UT's return back in 2000 (i think) where he comes out and helps the rock, but gets him DQ'd)

TNA X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP TRIPLE THREAT MATCH
"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe (c) vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels

Should be a great match. I'd like to see Chris and Joe team up and take out styles, creating some new team, kinda like the power trip.

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
America's Most Wanted (c) vs. Sonjay Dutt & Chris Sabin

IMO I think this needs to be a gimmick bout (Ladder, Tables), as the two teams styles may not mesh to well, but I guess we'll soon see.

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH
Rhino vs. Abyss w/ The Minister James Mitchell

I'm expecting either a Jeff Hardy, Sabu, or Syxx Pac return here. Other than that, this match should be a huge brawling spotfest with Abyss hopefully picking up the win.

Team 3D vs. Team Canada (Eric Young & A1)

3D win, that is all

The James Gang vs. The Latin American Exchange

-shrug-

Matt Bentley vs. Alex Shelley vs. Petey Williams vs. Jay Lethal

Let's go Petey, Let's go Petey

I'm kinda surprised that Monty Brown, Ron Killings, Shannon Moore, Roderick Strong + Austin Aries, Jerry Lynn, Hoyt, Diamonds in the rough Don't have any matches, oh well. Here's some other thoughts

I'm guessing the pre - show will probably have:

DITR V Hoyt, Killings, and Someone

Brown will probably interfere in the Abyss V Rhino, and the JJ V CC Matches

Strong, Aries, Lynn will probably appear in the Fatal Fourway match.

Moore will Interfere in either the Fatal Fourway, X title match, or Tag Team match.

And Killings will probably either be involved in the LAE V JG match, or have a promo regarding LAE.

6to1
02-12-2006, 09:52 AM
well thats the best card tna had for a ppv in a long time no real pissbrake matches, jeff and cage might even put on a great match. cage is the best opponent jeff had in a year most everyone else was past there prime ddp nash or no chance of staying hardy. so i think cage could win.

Mr. JL
02-12-2006, 10:43 AM
If Christian Cage does not win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship cleanly tonight...:rant: :rant: :rant:

Loose Cannon
02-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Christian is taking the Title tonight. I am really loving the Outlaws/LAX feud though. I really want to see Outlaws/AMW.

And the three way will steal the show tonight. Hopefully AJ turns heel soon.

PullMyFinger
02-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Yeah, people say the Outlaws/LAX feud is gay, but tbh, I'm into it.

I hope Christian wins because if not, then that'll be fucking gay.

JH
02-12-2006, 01:00 PM
cant wait for tonight
triple threat rematch is what i wanna see most and i hope christian wins the gold

Mr. Nerfect
02-12-2006, 02:28 PM
I read somewhere that Austin Aries & Roderick Strong will take on The Naturals at Against All Odds, as well. Four tag team matches on PPV, the WWE could learn something from this.

Christian Cage should take the title here. CC was a huge commodity for TNA, but he has since dropped off out radars because they haven't done too much with him. He's been in the main event, and winning, but part of the reason we wanted to see Christian in TNA is so he could win the big one. If Jarrett retains here, just so we can see the boring and predictable Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting match, then TNA is not so much an alternative to the WWE as they are a smaller scale replica.

At first I was behind Christopher Daniels winning the 3-Way, but now I can see the point in keeping the belt on Joe. Goldberg was huge when he won matches and went on a streak, and Joe has got a great streak going at the moment. If/when TNA catches on, Samoa Joe will likely be a huge attraction for them. Keep him as strong, and as happy, as possible.

Chris Sabin & Sonjay Dutt may seem like a makeshift tag team, but I think they should take the titles here. TNA needs to create some tag teams of their own. They have a lot already, but most of them have had their chance to run with the gold, let's create some new guys. If Sabin & Sonjay win the belts when Team 3D couldn't get it done, it makes SSXDTT (Sabin-Sonjay X-Division Tag Team) look like a million bucks. Some may argue otherwise, but AMW vs. T3D doesn't need the belts, IMO.

If you have faces as Champions, it makes logical sense to put heels over in the undercard. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong go over The Naturals, Team Canada go over Team 3D (with help from Gail Kim, AMW & the other TC members) and The LAX go over The James Gang (with some kind of screwjob, possibly involving Low Ki or Ron Killings, or both).

Rhino won three matches at TNA's "WrestleMania" last year. I think they should keep him strong. Christian Cage vs. Rhino is my pick for Destination X's main event, so I see The War Machine going over here.

The 4-Way could be really good if given time, especially with some kind of elimination stipulation. Although Generation Next are being established, I think Alex Shelley should lose this match. I think if they put Shelley on par with Aries & Strong, who win their match against The Naturals, Shelley & Generation Next will look good enough. It could also tease a split between the three, much like how they kicked Shelley out of Generation Next in ROH. Not so much to imply they are splitting them up, but just to throw the fans a fun little red herring. Matt Bentley has the girl, and the blood relations to keep himself over, which leaves Petey Williams & Jay Lethal as my top candidates to win this match (even though they both have the least chance to win). With Samoa Joe as X-Division Champion, why not build up his student, and a guy TNA should make feel good about choosing them over the WWE.

So my Destination X card, as established at Against All Odds would be:

-Christian Cage vs. Rhino for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
-Samoa Joe vs. Jay Lethal for the TNA X-Division Championship
-AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels
-Chris Sabin & Sonjay Dutt vs. America's Most Wanted in some kind of gimmick match
-Team 3D vs. Petey Williams & A-1
-Some kind of tag team contender's match
-The James Gang & Ron Killings vs. The LAX & Low Ki

PullMyFinger
02-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Samoa Joe vs. Jay Lethal at DX?!?!!?

PullMyFinger
02-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Btw, great post Alienoid. lol I just disagree with the Joe vs. Lethal match for DX. Other than that, spot on.

I agree, Christian should win this match, and soon after just turn heel. This way it would lead to a blockbuster match between Sting and Christian. I'd definitely pay to see that. Jeff Jarrett doesn't have to be the only heel champion in TNA, nor does every new guy coming in TNA have to be in a story against Jarrett.

However, knowing TNA, Jarrett will win via cheating. Christian is just another flavor of the month knocked off. Which leads to Sting vs. Jarrett at Lockdown eventually in a predictable fashion.

Fox
02-12-2006, 06:15 PM
A few matches have been added to the show:

The Naturals vs. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong

PRE SHOW:

Ron "The Truth" Killings vs. A1

Lance Hoyt / Cassidy Riley / Shark Boy vs. Shannon Moore / Elix Skipper / David Young

Also, it will be Bobby Roode & Eric Young taking on Team 3D, not A1 and Eric Young as previously reported.

Should be an awesome show, I'm definitely going to order it. I'll probably skip the 6-man tag though, since I absolutely cannot stand to watch Shark Boy.

loopydate
02-12-2006, 06:43 PM
That's a really strong card. If I was at home, I might be tempted to order it. Joe, AJ, and Daniels will tear the house down, but that Lethal vs. Williams vs. Shelley vs. Bentley match could steal the show.

Londoner
02-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Does anyone else feel that the TNA X division title seems more important than the NWA Heavyweight title at the moment?

McLegend
02-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Yep a lot of people do actaully, but since TNA has gone to the 3 hour ppvs the X-title has only main evented one PPV. Doesn't seem like it though.

Londoner
02-12-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm not surprised I ain't the only one who thinks that.

How long have TNA been doing 3 hour PPV's for?(and how long did they use to have?)

McLegend
02-12-2006, 06:55 PM
They started 3 hour PPVs in November 04 with Victory Road. Double J and Hardy main evented in a ladder match. That started the Kings of Wrestling stable with Jarrett, Hall, & Nash which was a failure, but still fun for me anyway.

Don't know how long their weekly PPV's were actaully. I don't think they were 3 hours though. Maybe 2?

6to1
02-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Does anyone else feel that the TNA X division title seems more important than the NWA Heavyweight title at the moment?
i think it always, the other belt is the owners sons belt. the 3 guys fighting for the x belt are the ones that should be fighting for the top belt.

loopydate
02-12-2006, 07:00 PM

I definitely think the X roster is deeper.

AJ Styles
Alex Shelley
Austin Aries
CHRIS MOTHERFUCKING SABIN </Skippord>
Christopher Daniels
Jay Lethal
Matt Bentley
Petey Williams
Roderick Strong
Samoa Joe
Shannon Moore
Shark Boy
Sonjay Dutt

Plus, they have guys like Primetime, Homicide, and both Naturals who can work the X style, but are more involved in the tag division.

McLegend
02-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Actually Jerry Jarrett has no say in TNA anymore. It's all the Carters.

Can't say I disargee with what you said either way.

Lock Jaw
02-12-2006, 07:17 PM
From the sounds of last Impact there might be a special ref for the match between Xtian and JJ, and it might be Sting.

So I say have Xtian win, JJ blame Sting. Then Christian has the belt and Jeff gets to have his match with Sting..... and then eventually come back and bury Christian.

McLegend
02-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Also I'm calling it now I guess it might be spoilers, because if I'm right it will be so just in case.

SPOILER ALERT Highlite below

Earl Hebner will ref the JJ/CC match

---------------------
Bank on it

RP
02-12-2006, 07:20 PM
No way Earl Hebner refs the JJ/CC match.

McLegend
02-12-2006, 07:21 PM
LOL

Just watch or read about it on the internet

6to1
02-12-2006, 07:25 PM
that or his brother i want to see ole bret show up and beat him up.

6to1
02-12-2006, 07:57 PM
theres ole dave hebner with larry

6to1
02-12-2006, 09:08 PM
yep this is a good ppv. i wonder why they will not show the tape tonight instead of at the next inpact dumb.

Fox
02-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Monty Brown referees the main event, I gaurantee it.

6to1
02-12-2006, 10:31 PM
nope it is earl i wonder if we will get a screw job

PullMyFinger
02-12-2006, 10:43 PM
LOL screwjob

6to1
02-12-2006, 10:51 PM
new champ great match

The Greater Power
02-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Christian won, and they DID tease a screwjob.

PullMyFinger
02-12-2006, 10:52 PM
WOW!

PullMyFinger
02-12-2006, 10:52 PM
For once TNA didn't fuck it up.

6to1
02-12-2006, 10:53 PM
all the fans in the ring that ppv kicked ass