PDA

View Full Version : Who was the favourite to win the 2001 Royal Rumble

Mr. Nerfect
01-30-2004, 05:14 AM
I just thought I'd bring up a question that has plagued my mind. Who was guy everyone thought was going to win the 2001 Royal Rumble. In 2002 it was Triple H, in 2003 it was Brock Lesnar, etc. I thought Austin was everyone's pick to win, but then I got the DVD and a lot of people on it thought The Undertaker would win. So I just thought I'd ask, who was the main pick to win?

born angry
01-30-2004, 05:26 AM
it definately was'nt the undertaker he's kinda like kane and the big show it's never gonna happen there just made to seem like contenders so that it puts however wins over

to answer your question it was down to AUSTIN and THE ROCK
they probably flipped a coin and said austin would win because it was always gonna be austin v rock at wm

Corkscrewed
01-30-2004, 03:48 PM
Austin and Rock were the favorites.

Mr. JL
01-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Before the Rumble started I thought Austin was going to win. Then, when I watched the rumble, I actually thought Kane was going to win.

Kane's performance in the 2001 Rumble gots to be pointed out.

John la Rock
01-30-2004, 07:54 PM
2002 was actually pretty hard to decide. It had Triple H (the winner), The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kurt Angle and Undertaker all in the Rumble Match

BigGammy v1.0
01-31-2004, 03:25 AM
2002 was actually pretty hard to decide. It had Triple H (the winner), The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kurt Angle and Undertaker all in the Rumble Match

Yeah, but all the hype was about Triple H. On all the shows before his return at MSG, everyone was constantly talking about how HHH would be making his big return soon. Who cared about all the other big stars entering the Rumble - HHH was returning, to kick some ass! (The ironic thing about this is that his latest T-shirt has the slogan "No Hype Necessary")

And BTW, The Rock wasn't in the 2002 Rumble - he had a shot at Chris Jericho's Undisputed title.

Cruiserweight 3:16
01-31-2004, 05:59 PM
I thought Austin would win the Rumble match... it just seemed really obvious at the time that they were gonna go with that considering he was the biggest babyface at the time (he was getting bigger pops than the Rock). They also had the angle with HHH going where Austin got screwed out of the WWF title, then they made out that Austin seemed to be screwed out of the WWF title when HHH attacked him as he was about to enter the Rumble.

2002 and 2003 winners were so obvious. This years was a toss-up between Goldberg and Benoit, until the final Raw before the Rumble and the it became obvious that Benoit was gonna win. Anytime a commentator predicts somebody is gonna win u no that it ain't gonna happen!!! One of wrestling's oldest rules