PDA

View Full Version : The Little Things (Smackdown, 1/29/04)

Evil Vito
01-30-2004, 09:58 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah, I'm trying my own version of the Little Things.

<b>Bashams Switch</b>
Although it's something they've done every week, I still love it when the Bashams make illegal switches to win the matches. And as a bonus Kidman took a sick Spike DDT from the top rope, so even better.

<b>Dawn Likes to Play With Balls</b>
I personally loved all the backstage skits throughout the show with the Rumble participants picking their numbers, and all the sexual references to Dawn playing with balls. It made the Rumble seem really random and it's something that should have been done in Sunday's Rumble.

<b>Angle Reacts</b>
I liked how Kurt Angle reacted when he looked at his number. It was cool watching him brag about how he was going to win and do it for the troops, then when he saw his number he made an abrupt exit (and it would be revealed later that he got #1).

<b>Tajiri's Entrance</b>
I thought it was awesome how they came back from commercials just in time to see Tajiri deliver a stiff-looking Buzzsaw Kick to Lamonte (The Cat's butler). It just made Tajiri seem like a legit threat.

<b>Greetings Big Show</b>
Probably one of the best spots in the Smackdown Rumble IMO was when Big Show entered. If you look closely enough you can see that the second the "WELLLLLLLLL" of his music starts, all the superstars in the ring immediately turned around and faced the ramp. It just made Big Show seem like a huge threat, and it got even cooler when they all ganged up on him only for him to shrug them all back and send everyone flying.

That's all I have for now. Feel free to comment or add your own.</font>

Corkscrewed
01-30-2004, 03:12 PM
CW Title Match
One of the better CW matches recently, it had a lot of nice flowing mat work, a few innovative maneuvers, and the Red Bomb!!! (marks out) Nice to see Nidia get unblind. Bobby Heenan would have delivered a classic line when she took her glasses off, though. ;) Anyway, definitely a cool match.

Royal Rumble 1994 Deja Vu
I think that was the year Hogan got eliminated then pulled Sid Justice out with him. This time, Cena goes out, then pulls out Big Show with him. Finally they restart this feud!

Cena cutting off Heyman
Cena flirts with Dawn, then Heyman comes in with a big ethical speech, and Cena brushes him with "Okay, okay, buzzkill!" That was just funny. Had the crowd laughing too.

Chavo/Eddie
It's nice that they drew the feud to a close while still allowing the possibility of continuing it later. Basically, they didn't end an angle with a crappy confused ending where people don't know who's better... etc... for once. In retrospect, that whole feud was actually pretty good and didn't hurt Eddie anywhere as much as I'd feared.

Angle's Subtle Heel Turn
He's getting frustrated. Twice, he's been one of the last men in the Rumble and lost. Obviously he wants that title, and chances are that he's going to grow jealous of Eddie, who eliminated him to win the title shot. He'll probably start doing the "after all I've done for you bit" and then screw Eddie at NWO, saying if he doesn't get a shot, neither can Eddie. However, I like the slow, methodical, and realistic pace of this heel turn.

One question: Will they follow the "who took out Eddie" storyline, or was that just to stack the odds against Eddie? If it was a one-time thing, it was pretty sad. If they do reveal it, I'm intrigued... unless it was Lesnar, who has absolutely no reason to attack Eddie.

Savio
01-30-2004, 03:23 PM
[b]Cena cutting off Heyman
Cena flirts with Dawn, then Heyman comes in with a big ethical speech, and Cena brushes him with "Okay, okay, buzzkill!" That was just funny. Had the crowd laughing too.

He said Captain buzzkill

Loose Cannon
01-30-2004, 03:23 PM
CW Title MatchRoyal Rumble 1994 Deja Vu
I think that was the year Hogan got eliminated then pulled Sid Justice out with him. This time, Cena goes out, then pulls out Big Show with him. Finally they restart this feud!

That was 1992, 94 was when Bret and Lugar both went out at the same time.

But Yeah, Smackdown was an excellent show this week. I really liked the segment where Eddie was laid out in the batroom and Chavo and Chavo Sr. come in and then Rey attacks Chavo, thus starting a feud.

And Heyman had a great comment there saying about Eddie, "What did he just collapse?" :lol:

And, as Cork said, the drawn out Angle heel turn is very cool as I like when turns are more drawn out then those that just happen in one instant. The seeds are starting to be planted for his turn and it's very intersting to see how this plays out.

Savio
01-30-2004, 03:27 PM
One question: Will they follow the "who took out Eddie" storyline....... I'm intrigued... unless it was Lesnar, who has absolutely no reason to attack Eddie.
I think it was nidia.....:shifty:

Corkscrewed
01-30-2004, 03:28 PM
He said Captain buzzkill
Whatever

Also, thanks for the correction, LC. I've just watched both of them so I kinda forgot which was which. 92 was when Flair won by eliminating Justice when Hogan helped pull him out, then, right?

Boondock Saint
01-30-2004, 03:31 PM
If Angle is indeed turning heel, he may have been the one to take out Eddie...

Loose Cannon
01-30-2004, 03:32 PM
Whatever

Also, thanks for the correction, LC. I've just watched both of them so I kinda forgot which was which. 92 was when Flair won by eliminating Justice when Hogan helped pull him out, then, right?

Yep that's the one. You know it's funny how in 89, Savage compalined to Hogan about throwing him out cause they were friends. But then in 92, Sid throw Hogan out and Hogan throws a temper tantrum outside the ring and then does as he pleases and pulls Sid Out. What a Jerk.

Corkscrewed
01-30-2004, 03:47 PM
OH yeah! Good point, Boondock! And LC... I don't want to break this to you, but wrestling is scripted. :shifty:

Loose Cannon
01-30-2004, 03:51 PM
OH yeah! Good point, Boondock! And LC... I don't want to break this to you, but wrestling is scripted. :shifty:

OMG OMG :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ****Writes a letter to the WWE about this.

Corkscrewed
01-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Sorry, buddy. Also, Santa Claus is fake and Michael Jackson is, in fact, black.

Loose Cannon
01-30-2004, 03:56 PM
But Sean O'Haire is not around becasue he's on vacation, not because the writer's don't know what the F'K to do with him right?

The CyNick
01-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Smackdown was excellent from top to bottom. I really cant complain about anything on the show. The three top matches for NWO were set up, as well as two of the matches at Mania from SD were furthered along. We got London and Kidman on TV. Dawn Marie was hot as hell, and Eddie looked like a huge star.

Main event kicked all kinds of ass, they really worked well and the 10 mintue finish with Eddie and Kurt was a sweet way to finish a Rumbe match.