PDA

View Full Version : I guess Jay Z stold more than a hand gesture..

Kris P Lettus
02-16-2006, 05:25 PM
My boy L-D came across a Killa Cam mixtape that has the best diss track I've ever heard.. First they flip Jay Z saying "I'm not a biter, I'm a writer" and make it say "I'm a biter, not a writer".. They use that for the "hook" and the rest of the song is filled by clips from others' songs saying lines, then it goes to Jay Z saying the same lines on his tracks.. Does everyone from Biggie (for like 2 minutes) to Snoop to Pac to Rakim to Slick Rick.. Crazy.. I really don't mind someone using someone eles' lines because A) the biter might be able to say it better or B) they want to say the same thing and couldn't find a better, different way to say it.. It really is sad the sheer amount of evidence on wax there is though.. I know that if Jay comes back he'll retaliate but I dunno, it was tightest diss song ever and Cam didn't have to say shit..

I'm ripping it as we speak and can send it to whoever over AIM..

Chris P Lettus

p.s. L-D heard that Jay Z is planning an album and Dre is supposed to be producing it..

:drool:

Johnny Vegas
02-17-2006, 02:23 PM
That is not OLD, but it's nothing new...besides, Cam was caught on video not helping out Jim Jones at the Rucker when he was getting beat up...When i saw that video, i haven't viewd Cam the same..

alvarado52
02-17-2006, 03:00 PM
i love jay-z, but i gotta hear this track. i heard cam released this. you should upload it to....um...forget the site now :-\. its used frequently on the wrestling boards.

alvarado52
02-17-2006, 03:01 PM
That is not OLD, but it's nothing new...besides, Cam was caught on video not helping out Jim Jones at the Rucker when he was getting beat up...When i saw that video, i haven't viewd Cam the same..

was this fat fuck cam or skinny needs to eat cam? guess it dont matter...he shoulda hit 'em with some puertorican judo! hahah, hows that for ol' school cam.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-17-2006, 04:27 PM
I have it on my PC. Good stuff. It's called swagger jacker if I remember correctly.

Kane Knight
02-17-2006, 04:31 PM
I wonder how many people take this seriously?

Come on, Rap is about clichés, overused rhyme schemes, and scores best when it's specifically about a few topics. You're going to hear similar lines come up, or even virtually identical lines, just because there are only so many iterations on a theme.

In college I did this thing on iterations in Goth poetry. It was a presentation I chose specifically for the sole purpose of pissing off this lesbian wicca goth couple who kinda epitomised everything negative about the culture. Anyway, within any lyrical subset, you're bound to find shitloads of repetition even if the folks were completely outside of each others' circles.

Now, Jay Z may be a plagiarist after all (I've never cared for him specifically, so...), but it's hard to really tell just because someone mixed in other people saying the same things.

Kris P Lettus
02-17-2006, 04:41 PM
First, let me say I like Jay Z..

Now, every clip used on the track were released before the Jay Z tracks that said the same thing.. There are several ways to look at it..

-the plagerist (Jay-Z) wasn't hiding where he got it from and didn't potray it as his own

-he was saying the same thing that the other person said and could either say it better or thought that person say it perfectly

My boy L-D says he personally does that alot specially when freestyling not to "bite" their shit but just because he dug what they said and thinks he could flip it better..

I just find the song a new refreashing look at the disstrack.. I mean Cam didn't have to say shit and he ripped Jay to shreds..

94 SVT Cobra
02-19-2006, 01:36 AM
I ALWAYS hated jay-z for being a blatant biter, fuck the fact that he admited it. WWE admited cena isnt over with everyone and they think its okay, just like j thinks it okay cause he admited it. i lost respect for J after the diss atempt on nas....and what nas said back

Skippord
02-19-2006, 05:38 AM
Whats a biter?

Triple A
02-19-2006, 05:49 AM
Someone who copies other people's shit.

94 SVT Cobra
02-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Whats a biter?

What we call in the hip hop community when someone takes someone elses lines word for word. In a battle, a biter usally loses right away for biting off rhymes to give you an idea of how badly its viewed. Jay-z how ever is the john cena of biters beacuse hes admited to doing it (like cena admited to knowin a lot of pepole dont like him) and thinks its okay beacuse he admited it.

McDoogle
02-19-2006, 05:32 PM
The word biter isn't only used in the hip hop community. You do realize this right?

Supreme Olajuwon
02-19-2006, 05:47 PM
So Krispy, is this friend of your's full name actually My boy L-D or what

Funky Fly
02-19-2006, 05:59 PM
"Killa" Cam wears pink. What makes you think he'd jump into a fight?

Kane Knight
02-19-2006, 06:16 PM
LOL @ Cobra being so obssessed with Cena.

Johnny Vegas
02-19-2006, 09:27 PM
These are the facts:

Jay-Z may have used these lyrics in a good or bad way, but personally, his stardom won't go down. This reminds me of Mark McGwire. People pretty much KNOW he took steroids, but will play along with his "i didn't do it" story. No one can't deny Jay's talent. Sure, i will not say that what he did was right or should be brushed off, but the man has done ALOT for hip hop and rap.

Cam'ron is cool, but with the timing of his album coming out, i understand Jay-Z when he said Cam was "using" him. If this was really an issue with Cam, we would have heard this track before the time it dropped. Like KK said, nowadays its pretty much a media thing.

As far as Cam leaving while Jimmy was getting beat up, type in "Cam Jim Jones Rucker" at youtube.com...:nono:

Kris P Lettus
02-20-2006, 05:53 AM
So Krispy, is this friend of your's full name actually My boy L-D or what

People are stupid and some wouldn't realize I was talking about a guy when saying "L-D"..

What Would Kevin Do?
02-20-2006, 06:13 AM
But wait. Isn't, or at least wasn't, LD a term used for saying someone was retarded?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Yeah you made it a hot line/I made it a hot song - Jay Z

OssMan
02-20-2006, 09:07 PM
I am proud to say that I, along with everyone who posted in this thread, is a better rapper than Jay-Z.

Kris P Lettus
02-21-2006, 01:46 AM
I am proud to say that I, along with everyone who posted in this thread, is a better rapper than Jay-Z.

U R LD

94 SVT Cobra
02-21-2006, 10:46 PM
LOL @ Cobra being so obssessed with Cena.

I was using it for an anlogogy, tryin to make it so pepole can relate it to something there familar with. only thing that came to mind