PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown sure likes to add in crowd response in editing *not even a spoiler*

Dorkchop
02-16-2006, 11:21 PM
It was really bad during Matt Hardy's match. It was a total snooze fest, but I guess the crowd sure was really into the match. I've never heard a crowd so consistently loud for three punches.

If Smackdown went live, it would force the WWE put more of an effort into Smackdown.

Drakul
02-16-2006, 11:22 PM
I laugh when you hear cheering and the crowd going crazy but you can see the audiance are just sitting there motionless, with a single kid picking his nose.

Kane Knight
02-16-2006, 11:25 PM
I laugh when you hear cheering and the crowd going crazy but you can see the audiance are just sitting there motionless, with a single kid picking his nose.

Or you can see them cheering/booing when the opposite is happening. That's always the best.

It's like they're not even trying.

OTOH, if they went live, we'd probably see them try and step up the "offensive" content.

Plus, half the show'd be pretaped anyway, as Taker can't be removed from his stasis chamber more than once every three months.

Kane Knight
02-16-2006, 11:27 PM
BTW, put up a spoiler warning, DICK. Now I know Hardy's gonna throw 2-3 punches or so.

Dorkchop
02-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Or you can see them cheering/booing when the opposite is happening. That's always the best.

It's like they're not even trying.

OTOH, if they went live, we'd probably see them try and step up the "offensive" content.

Plus, half the show'd be pretaped anyway, as Taker can't be removed from his stasis chamber more than once every three months.

Vince, I keep telling you I haven't been fully dethawed yet. *Undertaker snaps in half*

Kane Knight
02-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Why are they even making a Hardy match exciting? They're primarily responsible for sucking out almost every shred of interest I had in the mopey little bitch.

Kane Knight
02-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Vince, I keep telling you I haven't been fully dethawed yet. *Undertaker snaps in half*

Vince: Maybe he'll grow back...You know, like a worm...

*Smash*

Vince: I told you not to do that off camera!

Boogeyman: Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock...Who will save the Undertaker's jock?

Dave Youell
02-17-2006, 03:04 AM
I've been noticing this with WWE fans in general recently though, they seem to get getting more like Japanese fans and just sitting quietly now

darkpower
02-17-2006, 03:30 AM
I've been noticing this with WWE fans in general recently though, they seem to get getting more like Japanese fans and just sitting quietly now

Scary thing is, I'm not really sure if that's a good sign or not. Sort of like, it would be NICE if they were more respectful than rowdy and obnoxious, but I don't see that being the reason in this case. :shifty:

Schoenauer
02-17-2006, 09:45 AM

That's what happens when you put the Internet Assassin Lesnar as Champ.

Xero
02-17-2006, 10:00 AM
The only difference is that they're bored off their asses and not respecting the wrestling. (As I've heard, that's why the Japanese fans are so quiet.)

Kane Knight
02-17-2006, 10:16 AM

The difference is American fans are quiet out of boredom.

Kane Knight
02-17-2006, 10:26 AM
The only difference is that they're bored off their asses and not respecting the wrestling. (As I've heard, that's why the Japanese fans are so quiet.)

THAT'S IT!

MAsters and Edge's fans are turning Japanese!

Xero
02-17-2006, 10:41 AM
CLIS MASTLS VERLEL EDGE!

Kane Knight
02-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Speaking of which, why didn't they add in some fan response to the HHH Big Show match on Raw?I mean, considering how HUGE the reactions Big Show normally gets are, and the same for Hunter, why was the crowd so dead?

Dave Youell
02-17-2006, 12:11 PM
THAT'S IT!

MAsters and Edge's fans are turning Japanese!
I thought the crowd were getting smaller in height.

Sony - Because cocasion's are just too dam tall

Kane Knight
02-17-2006, 12:15 PM
I thought the crowd was getting smaller in height.

Sony - Because caucasians are just too damn tall.

Awww, Hell. I'll just delete the apostrophe.

Stickman
02-17-2006, 12:31 PM
They've been piping in crowd noise for a long time. Remember when...shudder...Bob Holly was main eventing? The crowd was dead, yet HUGE cheers for him.

Dorkchop
02-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Speaking of which, why didn't they add in some fan response to the HHH Big Show match on Raw?I mean, considering how HUGE the reactions Big Show normally gets are, and the same for Hunter, why was the crowd so dead?

I saw Raw on Monday (Woo Canada) and I don't remember the crowd being so dead. Maybe a little at the beginning. I have that match on tape. maybe I should watch it.

Kane Knight
02-18-2006, 08:47 PM
I saw Raw on Monday (Woo Canada) and I don't remember the crowd being so dead. Maybe a little at the beginning. I have that match on tape. maybe I should watch it.

By all means. For a HHH/Show match, that wasn't much of a response.

Dorkchop
02-18-2006, 11:43 PM
By all means. For a HHH/Show match, that wasn't much of a response.

I just finsihed watching the match, and yeah their wasn't much of a response for a SHow/HHH match. But for a Rob Conway match HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Kane Knight
02-18-2006, 11:53 PM
For a Conway match, a cricket farting is a strong response.

I mean yeah, it weasn't like the crowd was dead, but they sure weren't responsive when you consider Show's always a fan favorite and HHH is...Well, HHH.