PDA

View Full Version : Pink Slip On A Pole Match

D Mac
02-17-2006, 04:06 AM
I remember Vince set up this match one time where contracts or something of the 2 wrestlers in it were on a pole. And whoever got thier contract first meant the other wrestler would get fired or, something like that. But I can't remember who was in it or what happened.

Xero
02-17-2006, 05:31 AM
I think there were a few of these. The one that comes to mind involved the Big Bossman and I think Val Venis or Al Snow.

Chico
02-17-2006, 07:09 AM
Didn't Mankind and The Rock have a PSOAP match at one point?

LK
02-17-2006, 07:16 AM
Back in the McMahon/Helmsley, HHH set up the match between Foley and the Rock.

Cactus Sid
02-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Yep, that was the precursor to the Cactus Jack metamorphosis and the match at the Rumble in 2000

LK
02-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Yep, that was the precursor to the Cactus Jack metamorphosis and the match at the Rumble in 2000
Just thinking about that whole angle :drool: :drool:

Xero
02-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Yeah, it was Mankind/Rock. I don't know why I was thinking Bossman/Venis...

Skippord
02-18-2006, 02:23 AM
That would be a pointless match

What Would Kevin Do?
02-18-2006, 02:28 AM
Was that the lead in to him being Cactus Jack? I thought the CJ was just because him and HHH were doing last man standing.

I thought Mankind was "rehired" when the Rock led a revolt of the wrestlers, and they threatened to leave if shit didn't change, and the Rock's first demand was Mick coming back.

LK
02-18-2006, 06:25 AM
Was that the lead in to him being Cactus Jack? I thought the CJ was just because him and HHH were doing last man standing.

I thought Mankind was "rehired" when the Rock led a revolt of the wrestlers, and they threatened to leave if shit didn't change, and the Rock's first demand was Mick coming back.
No Cactus Jack was brought back to face HHH in the street fight at Royal Rumble. Mankind was "rehired" and that night he, Rock and the APA faced DX. After the match HHH beat up Mankind pretty bad and at the end Mankind took off the mask. On the next episode of Smackdown, Mankind came out and declared that he wasn't fit to face HHH in a street fight but he had found a substitute. He then took of the mask, ripped off his shirt and Cactus Jack was re-born.

Pinnacle Charisma
02-18-2006, 06:40 AM
I remember that Rock/Foley match. I was really into that match as well. The locker room revolt led by Rocky was awesome as well

What Would Kevin Do?
02-18-2006, 07:04 AM
No Cactus Jack was brought back to face HHH in the street fight at Royal Rumble. Mankind was "rehired" and that night he, Rock and the APA faced DX. After the match HHH beat up Mankind pretty bad and at the end Mankind took off the mask. On the next episode of Smackdown, Mankind came out and declared that he wasn't fit to face HHH in a street fight but he had found a substitute. He then took of the mask, ripped off his shirt and Cactus Jack was re-born.

So one event led into another I'm assuming here? I just want to be clear that the Pink slip match led to the revolt, which led to the rehire, which led to the beatdown, which led to said Street fight.

Kane Knight
02-18-2006, 01:14 PM
I remember that Rock/Foley match. I was really into that match as well. The locker room revolt led by Rocky was awesome as well

God, yes. I remember the chemistry the Main Eventers had back then.

LK
02-18-2006, 03:42 PM
So one event led into another I'm assuming here? I just want to be clear that the Pink slip match led to the revolt, which led to the rehire, which led to the beatdown, which led to said Street fight.
Indeed

Boondock Saint
02-20-2006, 02:43 AM
WWE in 2000 :drool: