PDA

View Full Version : What sport do you suck at the most?

D Mac
02-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Baseball for me I guess. Of course hitting a baseball is one of the toughest things especially if you have a decent pitcher you are facing.

loopydate
02-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Hockey. I was always decent at floor hockey or whatever we called it in gym class, but on ice I wouldn't be any good 'cause I don't know how to skate.

But of the sports for which I actually have the skills, probably soccer. I have terrible foot/eye coordination and really bad stamina. The stamina messes me up in basketball, too, but I have quick hands, a decent jumper, and can pass well. I just get my feet tangled trying to pass or shoot a soccer ball.

Skippord
02-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Prolly Basketball cause its gay and I cant shoot for shit

I'm a mean wrestler though seriously I'll kick your ass

CNM
02-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Soccer for me. I dunno, just never really felt the need to practice my footwork and shit because I don't really like the sport.

Mike the Metal Ed
02-17-2006, 04:31 PM
Rugby because I'm a pussy.

Triple A
02-17-2006, 05:08 PM
What loopydate said about hockey.

MVP
02-17-2006, 05:21 PM
Ice hockey cause I don't have the size or the skill

RoXer
02-17-2006, 06:45 PM
If I knew how to skate, I would be the man at hockey. Golf would probably give me problems. And soccer. Darts too.

Loose Cannon
02-17-2006, 06:56 PM
anything where you can't run/skate. Like pool, golf, darts, bowling, shuffle board.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Hockey. I can't skate for shit and I'm not even good at floor hockey or anything. I think I'm pretty good or alright at most other sports, I really suck at "extreme" sports though.

El Capitano Gatisto
02-17-2006, 07:01 PM
I am pretty bad at golf.

Cool King
02-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Prolly Basketball cause its gay and I cant shoot for shit

I'm a mean wrestler though seriously I'll kick your ass

Agreed, but I'll just add this part.

It's also a stupid sport with stupid rules.

LK
02-17-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm fairly terrible at golf. If you want to see someone slice a golf ball, call me.

Cool King
02-17-2006, 08:10 PM
OK.

*Dials 01224....*

loopydate
02-17-2006, 08:46 PM
How can you like soccer, but not basketball? It's the same basic objective, except in basketball...y'know...stuff happens more than once every half hour.

YOUR Hero
02-17-2006, 11:50 PM
Volleyball. Always hated that sport and it caused me not to get good at it like I did everything else I ever tried.

RoXer
02-18-2006, 12:36 AM
I'm awesome in Volleyball. Probably because I'm 80 feet tall.

D Mac
02-18-2006, 01:04 AM
How can you like soccer, but not basketball? It's the same basic objective, except in basketball...y'know...stuff happens more than once every half hour.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read King's post. :|

The Miz
02-18-2006, 10:36 AM
I was really good at everything I tried, except tennis. Man, I sucked. I think it was because when I tried to play it I was a high school junior playing baseball 4 hours a day and I swung the racquet like a bat and sent the ball way out of bounds every time

Cool King
02-18-2006, 11:58 AM
How can you like soccer, but not basketball?

Because football takes skill to play.

Loose Cannon
02-18-2006, 12:03 PM
lol, you're like one of those kids that when they suck at something they get all pissed and blame it on everything but themselves.

Cool King
02-18-2006, 12:09 PM
:lol:

But seriously, it takes more skill to play football than to play basketball.

Y3J
02-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Swimming, because I can't swim.

MVP
02-18-2006, 01:59 PM

I dunno, I'm a lot better at soccer than I am at b-ball.

It depends on where your skills lie. I'm better at dribbling with my feet than with my hands.

LK
02-18-2006, 03:39 PM
My main problem with basketball is that if you even slightly touch someone then that's a foul, wheras with football (proper football) it can be a physical game which I enjoy as much as the skill and tricks.

loopydate
02-18-2006, 04:21 PM
My main problem with basketball is that if you even slightly touch someone then that's a foul

That's only half-true. If you even breathe on one of the game's superstars, it's a foul. But the stars can practically run you over and not get anything. This is the reason why Shaq is considered the best center in the game. If officials actually called the same fouls on him that they call on everyone else, Shaq would foul out of every game he's ever played.

But that's more of a problem with the way the game is officiated than with the game itself.

I will agree with you about how physical soccer is. It is a brutal game, but I just can't sit and watch a game, because other than the occasional big tackle or the even rarer goal, it just doesn't seem like anything happens.

At least with basketball, points get scored fast, but a team that plays good defense (see: Detroit and San Antonio) is that much better than the rest.

I'unno, it just seems less random to me than soccer.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-18-2006, 06:40 PM
You can hit people just as much in basketball as you can in soccer, using that as your reasoning for not liking the sport is bologna. I don't get why people who are ignorant about a game say it sucks.

Mike the Metal Ed
02-18-2006, 07:04 PM
I will agree with you about how physical soccer is. It is a brutal game, but I just can't sit and watch a game, because other than the occasional big tackle or the even rarer goal, it just doesn't seem like anything happens.
Football used to be a physical sport, but the modern refs have pussied the game up so much, it's a joke, we had a player sent off today for shirt pulling. :|

And the best part of football is where no-one's scoring, but you have a tense match, in basketball, if someone's dribbling up the court, chances are they're gonna score, they get 2 points the opponents do the same and the game finishes 95-97.

In football, you watch your team playing at 1-1 for 70 minutes, there's no goals being scored, but as every shot grazes the post, you go to your feet, watch it just miss and the entire stand goes "YEEEAHHOOOOOOHHHHH!" I'd hate football if people scored all the time, close finishes are what make the game worth watching, and while it's nice to see the odd goalfest (Aston Villa 4-4 Leicester City in 1995 springs to mind), I'd probably hate it if all matches ended in hockey scores.

G-wrath
02-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Golf or soccer...I was forced to play soccer in jr. high, and it was not fun. My uncle takes me to the driving range once in a while, and I miss the ball some of the time. I suck at pool too, but I would own all of you in air hockey though.

Gonzo
02-24-2006, 03:25 PM

But seriously, that is one of the single most retarded things I've ever heard in my entire life.

Theres absolutely no denying every sport takes special skills to play and play well. Just because those skill sets are different doesn't make anyone harder than the other.

I could easily say soccer is pussy and easy because the goal is as wide as the side of a barn, but I don't because that is just a retarded assumption.

Gonzo
02-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Mike, that post was equally as stupid.

Yeah basketball games are generally high scoring and end up 95-97 or something to that effect. So whats the difference if someone takes a last second 3 point shot to win the game, and someone takes a last second shot on the goal to win the game? Absolutely nothing. Just because the game and its rules are different doesn't make any one better than the other. This discussion is pretty subjective and arbitrary.

It all comes down to the cultural barrier, always going to be there.

JesSoad
02-24-2006, 05:02 PM
I really can't skate so i would say ice hockey.

Seriously, I need my boyfriend to hold me up when i skate!

The Mask
02-24-2006, 05:12 PM
i am rubbish at golf and cricket

G-wrath
02-24-2006, 06:42 PM
I really can't skate so i would say ice hockey.

Seriously, I need my boyfriend to hold me up when i skate!

Hey look...a girl! Younger than me! SuperSlim has a new fish....:love:

Mike the Metal Ed
02-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Mike, that post was equally as stupid.

Yeah basketball games are generally high scoring and end up 95-97 or something to that effect. So whats the difference if someone takes a last second 3 point shot to win the game, and someone takes a last second shot on the goal to win the game? Absolutely nothing. Just because the game and its rules are different doesn't make any one better than the other. This discussion is pretty subjective and arbitrary.

It all comes down to the cultural barrier, always going to be there.

Speaking of stupid posts...

I think you'll find I didn't say one sport was better than the other, I might have been a bit harsh on basketball, but no harsher than anyone's been on football, the main point of my post as you can see if you read it properly is explaining what exactly people see in football, I enjoy playing basketball, and used to watch it, so I'm not too biased either way.

Gonzo
02-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Nah I didn't say you did but I said that because this always comes up in these types of discussions, usually morons who don't know how to talk in a civil manner.

I understand exactly what you're saying with soccer going down to the wire with last second goals and every shot making you hold your breathe, I am the same way with American football when a team is driving in the waning minutes.

Sorry for coming off as a dick, but Cool King's post just struck a soft spot.

samichna
02-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Do sTiMa34's mom's tits count as a sport?

diothoir
02-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Pretty bad at golf. Awful at squash too.

Sting Fan
02-27-2006, 04:45 AM
Basketball, I'm ok if facing crappy or even just ok opponents but I am easily suckered in by anyone with any real skill.

I am pretty good on Defensive rebounds though.

Team Sheep
03-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Even though I love watching and playing cricket, I'm pretty bad at it. I'm alright at catching the ball in the outfield, but batting: :n: I'd probably be pretty shite at baseball too, even though I've never played. And hockey no doubt. I went ice skating for the very first time in Rutland, Vermont last week, and what a funny day that was. ;)

FakeLaser
03-01-2006, 12:54 PM
I suck at everything except baseball.

I don't know if you count bowling as a sport but I am decent at that. Inconsistant though.

FakeLaser
03-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Oh yeah, I was good at soccer back when I played, though probably not anymore.

weather vane
03-03-2006, 04:25 AM
Every single "Extreme" sport. Also I am pretty embarrassing at golf. I am going to change being bad at golf this year I think.