PDA

View Full Version : History Repeats itself.

Pinnacle Charisma
02-20-2006, 07:30 AM
Is it just me or does anyone see strange similarities between today and wrestling in the mid 80’s.

We have the most cartoony gimmicks in the wwe at the moment since before the attitude era reminiscent of 80’s and the wwe is lead by a champion who panders to the crowd and cant wrestle. Sounds like the red and yellow wearing champion of yesteryear.

And then we have the no 2 promotion TNA. Currently that has Christain Cage as its champion who in my mind is the next Ric Flair (when cc was a heel in the wwe they had a similar wrestling and character style ) who was the figure piece of Jim Crockett Promotions who for years where also the second promotion in the us behind the wwe .

Xero
02-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Well, yeah. Wrestling basically goes in cycles. The Attitude era wasn't the first era of blood and shit (although it was tweaked for that generation). The Attitude era, in terms of popularity, would probably be the equivalent of the Hogan era from about 88 to 93 (at which point the "New Generation" came to be).

My bet is by 2009 the WWE will be huge again and be at another all-time high. It'll be the equivalent of the Attitude era again, tweaked for that generation.

Of course, by then, Triple H will be running the WWE because he tore both his quads, both his lats, and both his biceps in "The Great Tear of 2007".

Kane Knight
02-20-2006, 09:58 AM
If you look at pop culture, nothing is really new. The trends always seem to come full circle.

Xero
02-20-2006, 10:08 AM
I hear afros are in again....

*Looks at Carlito*

Funky Fly
02-20-2006, 04:37 PM
"So I tied an onion to my belt, since it was the fashion at the time..."

Pinnacle Charisma
02-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Yeah I know fasion goes in cycles but its strange that the two flagship champions (dosnt include kurt angle)of the two biggest wrestling promotions bear such a resemblance to the champions of yesteryear

Fox
02-20-2006, 11:35 PM

Sure, Grandpa.

Dorkchop
02-20-2006, 11:40 PM

"Nickels had pictures of bumble bees on them. Give us five bees for a quarter, we'd say."

Mr. JL
02-21-2006, 02:32 AM
I honestly see that this era in WWE history is more of the WWF circa 1996. With horrile gimmicks and shit... just minus a Shawn Michaels

Pinnacle Charisma
02-21-2006, 05:51 AM
I honestly see that this era in WWE history is more of the WWF circa 1996. With horrile gimmicks and shit... just minus a Shawn Michaels

Yep and with alot more Diesals

Kane Knight
02-21-2006, 09:53 AM

We've had plenty of Shawn Michaels, they just aren't spending any time developing them.

Jaded-Dragon
02-22-2006, 12:50 AM
We've had plenty of Shawn Michaels, they just aren't spending any time developing them.

:y: