PDA

View Full Version : Shows unite at KotR

Savio
01-30-2004, 03:34 PM
I don't know what site I got this from (i'll try to find it). It says something like The champions will face each other and the winner of KotR will fight the Undisputed Champion. altough this might be just another "my uncle" story because I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Cactus Sid
01-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Keeping in mind, that the King Of The Ring is no longer a PPV....

Boondock Saint
01-30-2004, 03:35 PM
:wtf:

There is no more King of the Ring...and I don't think they plan on going back to the Undisputed title thing...

Evil Vito
01-30-2004, 03:41 PM
<font color=goldenrod>They need to bring back King of the Ring. The split brand PPVs can still work, and since there would be an odd amount of split-brand PPVs each year, it would make things more interesting. Like this year NWO is a Smackdown PPV, but if there's an odd amount of split-brand PPVs it would be a Raw PPV next year.

I still don't think they ever should've scrapped the tourney. I read in a WWE magazine that the reason the WWE was giving the fans for not having the tourney anymore is because Brock Lesnar dominated it in 2002 and the officials decided they shouldn't even bother holding it anymore.</font> :|

Corkscrewed
01-30-2004, 03:46 PM
LOL. Both stories are probably bogus.

Savio
01-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Too bad I thought the reason why they skipped KotR that one year was because of the US title tournoment.

sensai86
01-30-2004, 05:42 PM
?....HUH? :wtf:

BigGammy v1.0
01-31-2004, 03:10 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I read in a WWE magazine that the reason the WWE was giving the fans for not having the tourney anymore is because Brock Lesnar dominated it in 2002 and the officials decided they shouldn't even bother holding it anymore.</font> :|

:foc: at the officials if that's their reason for scrapping KOTR.

Personally, I'd like to see both brands stage their own separate KOTR tournaments, and have the two winners face each other at one of the joint PPVs (eg Summerslam) to find the undisputed KOTR.

FourFifty
01-31-2004, 02:25 PM
:foc: :foc: :foc: :foc:
I here by express anger!

Head
01-31-2004, 02:27 PM
No

Mister Sinister
02-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Brock Dominated The Tournament? He About Got Beat by Test, RVD would of Beat him, as did Booker and isn't that the same Brock who almost became Buh Buh Ray Dudley's Bee yotch?

lariat
02-01-2004, 11:34 AM
They should have kept King of the Ring and alternated it between RAW and SmackDown! each year.

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 11:43 AM
When were the shows tied in the first place?

Ohhhh...UnITE!

I thought...

M-A-G
02-01-2004, 09:33 PM
<font color=goldenrod>
I still don't think they ever should've scrapped the tourney. I read in a WWE magazine that the reason the WWE was giving the fans for not having the tourney anymore is because Brock Lesnar dominated it in 2002 and the officials decided they shouldn't even bother holding it anymore.</font> :|

It's not like Brock is going to leave the main event scene or lose the title anytime soon so I hardly see that as a legit reason to scrap the tournament. It's completely unfair to those who need the same elevation as he received.