PDA

View Full Version : Ashley injured on Raw... Spoilers I suppose?

What Would Kevin Do?
02-21-2006, 01:35 AM
NoDQ.com (http://nodq.com/) > WWE (http://nodq.com/wwe/) > Ashley Suffers Injury At RAW
Posted by Steve Carrier (carrierlp@hotmail.com) on 02/21/2006 at 12:20 AM

The following is from WWE.com:

Ashley suffered a spiral fracture of the left fibula, a non weight-bearing bone, Monday night while competing in the Diva Battle Royal to crown a No. 1 Contender for the Women's Championship. Surgery will not be required, however, Ashley will be in a cast for four weeks.

RGWhat316
02-21-2006, 02:10 AM
I actually taped it, and looked back on it. Ashley did take a pretty good fall after being thrown out. She landed hard on her left side.

Skippord
02-21-2006, 02:43 AM
Ouchies

Corkscrewed
02-21-2006, 04:52 AM
Ouch. That'll be sore for a while, but I'm glad it's nothing major. Never want to hear about freak injuries like that, so it's a good thing this wasn't worse.

PorkSoda
02-21-2006, 08:09 AM
Who cares?

JH
02-21-2006, 08:41 AM
i could nurse her back to health if she wants me to lol

Vastardikai
02-21-2006, 08:58 AM
And to think, this could ALL have been prevented if they had, instead of rushed her out to the ring while she was still training, let her develop her in-ring ability AWAY from cameras...

Disturbed316
02-21-2006, 09:40 AM
I thought it said a spinal fracture at first, which lead me to think OH MY FUCKING GOD!

At least she will still be able to do skits and stuff if needed.

Shadow
02-22-2006, 01:57 AM
And to think, this could ALL have been prevented if they had, instead of rushed her out to the ring while she was still training, let her develop her in-ring ability AWAY from cameras...

Not really. Even guys with years of experience can fall badly. It happens. Glad it's minor though.

Vastardikai
02-22-2006, 08:53 AM
^ True, but she has taken other really sloppy bumps though (A slingshot attempt during the LAST Diva Battle Royal comes to mind, IIRC, the one during Eddie's death)

Savio
02-22-2006, 11:37 AM
yeah they should have her or maria in the ring.

Schoenauer
02-22-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm glad it's minor as well... but this may mean saying goodbye to Diva Battle Royales because somebody got hurt in the process.

loopydate
02-22-2006, 01:51 PM
I certainly hope that's the case.

Focus the division on the women who can actually wrestle.

Fryza
02-22-2006, 03:15 PM
We were wondering what happened on RAW the other night. Damn, Ashley is somewhat entertaining... More so than Candice or Torrie... Or Lita...

Pepsi Man
02-24-2006, 12:10 AM
Ah, so if she took the exact same fall in Deep South Wrestling, it would've been okay?

Skippord
02-24-2006, 01:07 AM
I would like to touch her breasts

Vastardikai
02-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Ah, so if she took the exact same fall in Deep South Wrestling, it would've been okay?

Probably not, but I doubt she would be put in such situation in DSW. I know not much about DSW or OVW, but I doubt they throw their greenhorn divas in a match where they have to throw each other out of the ring. That is dangerous even for professionals (See: Cena, John and Michinoku, Taka), but for someone who barely knows how to string a couple of moves together (that horribly botched sunset flip is screaming in my head STILL, as is the botched Slingshot elimination from the Eddie Tribute show), it was only a matter of time. The fact is, we're lucky it didn't happen SOONER. What if she accidentally injured Mickey James, or Trish Stratus? Then where would the 'E be?

If they are gonna be in the ring, we should at least expect that they know how to protect themselves and their opponents. This was the central point of that remark. Will it have prevented all injuries? No. Will it prevent some? Definitely. Will it make for a better product in the long run? BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT.

The Naitch
02-24-2006, 07:05 PM
as long as she's still able to deep throat, all is good

Pepsi Man
02-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Probably not, but I doubt she would be put in such situation in DSW. I know not much about DSW or OVW, but I doubt they throw their greenhorn divas in a match where they have to throw each other out of the ring. That is dangerous even for professionals (See: Cena, John and Michinoku, Taka), but for someone who barely knows how to string a couple of moves together (that horribly botched sunset flip is screaming in my head STILL, as is the botched Slingshot elimination from the Eddie Tribute show), it was only a matter of time. The fact is, we're lucky it didn't happen SOONER. What if she accidentally injured Mickey James, or Trish Stratus? Then where would the 'E be?

If they are gonna be in the ring, we should at least expect that they know how to protect themselves and their opponents. This was the central point of that remark. Will it have prevented all injuries? No. Will it prevent some? Definitely. Will it make for a better product in the long run? BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT.
Erm. Mick Foley's third pro match was a battle royal. It fucking happens. Whether a camera is rolling or not, the risks these athletes take are real.

loopydate
02-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Erm. Mick Foley's third pro match was a battle royal. It fucking happens. Whether a camera is rolling or not, the risks these athletes take are real.

But Mick was also taking classes in how to wrestle between his bookings. Ashley never had time to properly train, because she got thrown right onto the active roster. If she was in DSW, yeah she might do a battle royal, but they'd teach her how to fall first.

DaveWadding
02-25-2006, 03:47 PM
LOL she botched falling. Just like her idol.

Corkscrewed
02-25-2006, 04:00 PM
:lol:

Pepsi Man
02-26-2006, 09:38 AM
But Mick was also taking classes in how to wrestle between his bookings. Ashley never had time to properly train, because she got thrown right onto the active roster. If she was in DSW, yeah she might do a battle royal, but they'd teach her how to fall first.
I'm sure she was taught how to fall first. If she would've had more PRACTICE at some of the essentials, maybe that wouldn't have happened, and even that's a maybe, but people get injured just as often and easily at indy shows as they do on WWE TV.

Vastardikai
02-26-2006, 06:39 PM
^

I think my point on the issue (at least the one I was trying to make to begin with that got misunderstood, as I was being a bit facetous) is that she needs to be working on her skills more or less non-stop. She needs more Practice in bumping. The other issue to keep in mind was that, Mick was also bumping for six to seven months before his first match, IIRC. He has also had several injuries.

In essense what I am trying to say, and what I doubt ANYONE would argue with, is that she is too green to be wrestling on television. Could she be injured at DSW or at OVW? Definitely. But she would also be a better worker in the long run for her time off.

Pepsi Man
02-26-2006, 11:55 PM
^

I think my point on the issue (at least the one I was trying to make to begin with that got misunderstood, as I was being a bit facetous) is that she needs to be working on her skills more or less non-stop. She needs more Practice in bumping. The other issue to keep in mind was that, Mick was also bumping for six to seven months before his first match, IIRC. He has also had several injuries.

In essense what I am trying to say, and what I doubt ANYONE would argue with, is that she is too green to be wrestling on television. Could she be injured at DSW or at OVW? Definitely. But she would also be a better worker in the long run for her time off.
COULD, not would. I'm all for people having to work their way up in wrestling and start out on the small scale, BUT that's not going to prevent injuries or even put a dent in the amount of them that occur. Everyone's favorite move-botcher Lita spent plenty of time in the minor leagues before being featured on WWF television, and as best as I can tell, she still sucks.

McLegend
02-27-2006, 12:05 AM
Another thing is WWE isn't going to send $250,000 to the minor leagues

What Would Kevin Do?
02-27-2006, 12:49 AM
Another thing is WWE isn't going to send $250,000 to the minor leagues

Puder?

McLegend
02-27-2006, 12:58 AM
Puder?
did he get that much? I didn't think they got $250,000. Also I completly forget about him.

Destor
02-27-2006, 01:10 AM
He won the million dollar Tough Enough. I doubt he got that much.

Vastardikai
02-27-2006, 08:46 AM
COULD, not would. I'm all for people having to work their way up in wrestling and start out on the small scale, BUT that's not going to prevent injuries or even put a dent in the amount of them that occur. Everyone's favorite move-botcher Lita spent plenty of time in the minor leagues before being featured on WWF television, and as best as I can tell, she still sucks.

eh. My friend that I discussed this with had a better counter-example: Torrie Wilson.

There are too many variables, in reality. I'll be the first to admit that training has little to do with how stiff someone works, the type of ring used, freak things like illness and just happening to land on your head, etc. I am suggesting to alter merely one of them.

I think we are lucky it was Ashley and not Maria.