PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame: Expectations

Volare
02-23-2006, 04:00 PM
i hope since they are in Chicago, Hawk gets inducted this year...Road Warriors did a lot for the Tag Team Division, plus were bad ass in their attitude, and performance in the ring.

Any other hopes for this years HOF??

wwe2222
02-23-2006, 04:10 PM
im hopin for the million dollar man to be inducted

only because i might be there

tucsonspeed6
02-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Maybe they'll finally add on to thier "Celebrity wing" :roll: by adding Drew Carrey. Or the legendary David Arquette, now that they own WCW.

Jordan
02-23-2006, 06:19 PM
At first I read your post and was like WTF did Hawk really do in WWE/F to deserve HOF? But then I remembered that it's now "wrestlings hall of fame" so I think The Road Warriors would be a fantastic addition, LOD, Bret Hart, Arn Anderson, and Eddie Guerrero... that's a pretty sweet list.

Jordan
02-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Oh and BTW, anyone think HBK is pretty steamed about Bret getting in first? Hahahaha revenge is sweet.

Xerzes
02-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I bet Michaels is really steamed about not having had a stroke.

I think he'd prefer waiting another five years..I mean ten..oh fuck it, Michaels is only slightly more likely to ever retire than HHH.

McLegend
02-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Oh and BTW, anyone think HBK is pretty steamed about Bret getting in first? Hahahaha revenge is sweet.
HBK is still wrestling. So why would he be mad that a ex wrestler got in the hall of fame before him?

Jordan
02-23-2006, 09:06 PM
HBK is still wrestling. So why would he be mad that a ex wrestler got in the hall of fame before him?

Because he's a bitch.

JH
02-23-2006, 09:51 PM

why should he be mad when he'll go down as a better performer than Bret ever was
nothing against Bret but HBK will be mentioned and respected the same way Flair is right now

Pinnacle Charisma
02-23-2006, 11:37 PM
why should he be mad when he'll go down as a better performer than Bret ever was
nothing against Bret but HBK will be mentioned and respected the same way Flair is right now

Theres alot who would say HBK and Bret are even in alot of aspects now.But if Shawn stopped being a pussy and turned heel for the last year or two instead of the bland tired face he would be remembered as prehaps the greatest wrestler of all time.

Honestily his matches while good could have been so much better as a heel and promos while he is a face have been rubbish.

Lara Emily
02-24-2006, 07:07 AM

:|

JH
02-24-2006, 07:23 AM
Theres alot who would say HBK and Bret are even in alot of aspects now.But if Shawn stopped being a pussy and turned heel for the last year or two instead of the bland tired face he would be remembered as prehaps the greatest wrestler of all time.

Honestily his matches while good could have been so much better as a heel and promos while he is a face have been rubbish.

His match against Angle from WM21 was one of his best of all time and yes i know Angle is the fucking man so nobody has to reply with that

wwe2222
02-24-2006, 09:20 AM

No

And why would that be 'revenge'? How does that affect HBK in the slightest?
That doesnt event make any sense.

Zen v.W.o.
02-24-2006, 02:43 PM
His match against Angle from WM21 was one of his best of all time and yes i know Angle is the fucking man so nobody has to reply with that

Bret in 1997 was putting on classics at the age of 40..that is Shawns age now. Bret at the same age as shawn was putting on better matches.
Shawn has become lazy..he fights alot of wrestlers now much bigger then he is, the exact same way he would wrestle a guy his size. Chop, chop and chop...Bret has way more wrestling psychology and knows how to tell a story better then HBK ever has. Shawn was more athletic then Bret, but then hey, so was Owen.
Shit, Bret in wcwn put on good matches with DDP, Booker, Sting and Benoit..and he was going up to 43.

McLegend
02-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Yeah true Shawn is in his 40's putting on good match same as Bret, but Bret didn't have to come back after a crippling back injury.

There's no point in arguing whos better really becuase no one is ever going to change thier mind about the other wrestler

JH
02-24-2006, 03:59 PM
bret just turned 42 shawn just turned 40
bret has never wrestled in his 40's

you wanna play the age game then here ya go there aint a damn man better than ric flair

Zen v.W.o.
02-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Bret is 48 buddy.

JH
02-24-2006, 07:12 PM
watch his dvd and he tells his birth year he's 42

Zen v.W.o.
02-24-2006, 07:44 PM
You were mistaken. Besides, if you've ever seen wrestling with shadows, in one segment he's talking about his family, and mentions he's 40..that was in 1997, and the woman says "well you dont look it", and then he replies, "I will after tonights match".

Besides that fact, Owen died at the age of 34. That was now closing in on 7 years..so owen would be 41 by this may. Bret is not just a year older than his brother.

V
02-24-2006, 08:09 PM
http://imdb.com/name/nm0366170/

he is 48

Volare
02-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Mark out for Hart to call HBK a bitch and challenge him

j/k in reality, Hart deserves it, it was all because of Rival companies that got the best of Hart's career. In the end Hitman will always be a fav in my book

Loose Cannon
02-24-2006, 08:33 PM
There's lots of guys they could do.

I'm hearing Dusty won't get in as originally planned. I hear Sherri Martel, Atlas and Arn are possibilities. Martel is a good choice as the 2nd women (I would go with Richter, but that ain't ever happening) I don't know if Atlas is worthy enough.. Nice guy though.

Joe Kerr
02-24-2006, 08:46 PM
What about Jake the snake

JH
02-24-2006, 08:57 PM
i heard jake was originally scheduled to be inducted but for some reason they decided not to
i think it sucks that dusty got pulled
arn deserves and tony deserves it
tony is from my hometown and trust me guys he's a great guy in and out of the ring

vampiro03
02-25-2006, 02:44 PM
What about Macho? OOOOOH YEEEAAAHHH!

Fryza
02-25-2006, 03:01 PM
DiBiase would be excellent.

vampiro03
02-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Demolition should be inducted also. how many manias were they in? just to hear the music and see them come out in full demolition get up, including face paint. darsow would be cool for the 2nd time in his career.lol

master
02-25-2006, 04:40 PM
OWEN HART

Volare
02-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Here comes the Axe, and here comes the Smasher, We're Demolition, walking disaster...

pain and destruction, are our middle names!!!

ok ok too much time with enterance themes

Danny Electric
02-25-2006, 11:48 PM
IRS :shifty:

Corkscrewed
02-26-2006, 01:23 AM
Geez, is Bret really 48? wow. I always figured he was a lot younger (like Shawn's age)

this means more respect for the Hitman.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-26-2006, 07:22 AM
Bret in 1997 was putting on classics at the age of 40..that is Shawns age now. Bret at the same age as shawn was putting on better matches.
Shawn has become lazy..he fights alot of wrestlers now much bigger then he is, the exact same way he would wrestle a guy his size. Chop, chop and chop...Bret has way more wrestling psychology and knows how to tell a story better then HBK ever has. Shawn was more athletic then Bret, but then hey, so was Owen.
Shit, Bret in wcwn put on good matches with DDP, Booker, Sting and Benoit..and he was going up to 43.

Two things you have to remember. One, Shawn did come back from bad injury ( as said below), plus, his "high risk" style probably took a lot more out of his body than Bret's ground style.

2. How restricted is HBK right now? Yeah, Bret put on some great matches with great psychology, but would he be allowed to do the same today? A lot of time, ground based matches are viewed as boring. Honestly, I think if Bret wrestled today, he'd have to adapt his style a decent amount.

BTW, one of the best "psychology matches" IMO was Shawn's return match with HHH. I just thought that match was done brillantly, and I probably enjoyed that more than any Bret match.

The MAC
02-26-2006, 10:31 AM
bret was also great on the mic ( a lot of you might not agree) but he weally knew how to rile up a crowd whether he was face or heel. HBK was also great on the mic -he could really piss people off!

Bret Deserves to be inducted and michaels too. Its such a pity that this will most likely be brets last appearance ( unless Tna comes out with a ridiculous some of money- but what would they use him for?)

**secret hopes Bret is raws new Gm ( wont happen though cus he stated he wants to be remembered as a wrestler(

vampiro03
02-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Two things you have to remember. One, Shawn did come back from bad injury ( as said below), plus, his "high risk" style probably took a lot more out of his body than Bret's ground style.

2. How restricted is HBK right now? Yeah, Bret put on some great matches with great psychology, but would he be allowed to do the same today? A lot of time, ground based matches are viewed as boring. Honestly, I think if Bret wrestled today, he'd have to adapt his style a decent amount.

BTW, one of the best "psychology matches" IMO was Shawn's return match with HHH. I just thought that match was done brillantly, and I probably enjoyed that more than any Bret match.

I beg to differ with your opinion. The BEST matches are what you call "ground based". Benoit vs. Angle! anytime they wrestled each other you KNEW it was going to be awesome. they never needed hype. we all know where Benoit was trained.

NeanderCarl
02-27-2006, 07:19 PM
I don't know whether Arn Anderson, solid as he was, should really be in the Hall of Fame but then, to be fair, there are a few others in there who he definitely surpasses so I guess why not?

DiBiase should undoubtedly be inducted. Doubt Demolition will ever be inducted although I think they probably should be. If nowadays it truly is the wrestling Hall of Fame rather than just the WWE (as evidenced by guys like Harley Race being inducted) then I think that The Steiner Brothers and The Rock n Roll Express should probably get inducted.

Ron Simmons will prob be in there sooner rather than later. I wonder if Randy Savage will ever get in, but he certainly should.

I'd like to see Jim Cornette and possibly even Mr. Fuji added, Owen Hart should definitely be in there even though he was neevr a bonafide main eventer, and Mr. Perfect too.

Volare
02-27-2006, 08:03 PM
thinking about "back in the day"

Curt Henning, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Honky Tonk Man,

lots of names to be brought up

NeanderCarl
02-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Yep Rude and Honky for sure

Loose Cannon
02-27-2006, 11:07 PM
lol HTM is never going in

NeanderCarl
02-27-2006, 11:29 PM
they said that about Bret. HTM has ripped on WWE for years, but it hasn't stopped him showing up for Royal Rumbles and the odd appearance in the past. If the money was right, ole self-rigteous Honky will sell out once more.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-28-2006, 02:05 AM
I beg to differ with your opinion. The BEST matches are what you call "ground based". Benoit vs. Angle! anytime they wrestled each other you KNEW it was going to be awesome. they never needed hype. we all know where Benoit was trained.

I never said they were boring, I said a lot of people view them as boring. As how often do you see Benoit break out a submission based offense in a match. I love Benoit, but his offense right now is chops, suplexes, headbutts, crossface etc. I don't think even Benoit or Angle right now could pull off a match with a lot of drawn out submissions, and still please today's finicky wrestling fans.

And for the record, besides being trained in the Dungeon, Benoit also was a student, and graduated from NJPW's Dojo. And I don't think where he was trained really matters, as I don't think I would even say Bret and Benoit wrestle the same way. So comparing Bret's style with Angle and Benoit's may be a little fetched.

weather vane
02-28-2006, 02:09 AM
Demolition will never be inducted. It kills me to type that.

vampiro03
02-28-2006, 03:14 PM
I never said they were boring, I said a lot of people view them as boring. As how often do you see Benoit break out a submission based offense in a match. I love Benoit, but his offense right now is chops, suplexes, headbutts, crossface etc. I don't think even Benoit or Angle right now could pull off a match with a lot of drawn out submissions, and still please today's finicky wrestling fans.

And for the record, besides being trained in the Dungeon, Benoit also was a student, and graduated from NJPW's Dojo. And I don't think where he was trained really matters, as I don't think I would even say Bret and Benoit wrestle the same way. So comparing Bret's style with Angle and Benoit's may be a little fetched.

its not a little fetched. if you watch all the great technical wrestlers, they adapt their style with their opponent. when hart vs benoit happened in wcw it was an awesome match and brett adapted to benoits style. men like benoit give 110% everytime BUT if they have a match with a guy who can't wrestle(insert musclehead here) it limits their offense considerably. a guy has to be able to sell the other guys moves. so, don't blame benoit for being a chop, chop, german suplex wrestler. look at the man he is wrestling then you will understand that benoit cant do anything other than those moves because his opponent can't sell them. it also depends on who is calling the match.

FourFifty
02-28-2006, 07:49 PM
I'd like to see Jim Ross get in there. Hey, he holds a pinfall victory over Triple H, and if he's not going to come back to TV they may as well use this to give the fans a proper good-bye.
As much as I make fun of him I loved hearing him on Raw. He always made a match sound better than it really was.