PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see on TPWW?

Triple A
02-24-2006, 06:11 AM
I know I post a thread like this every few months, but this is the definitive thread!!!!!!1

Seriously this time, I hate seeing TPWW go to waste like it is and I really do want to bring it back to being at least a pretty good site that has something to offer that the other hundreds of sites don't have, just like the old days. I want people to come to TPWW for a reason and I want to return the site to its past glory. :mad:

So what would you like to see on the site, honestly? What kinds of things would make you actually go to a specific wrestling site instead of all the others?

Post a bunch of ideas here and I will try my best to do them. BRAINSTORM. :mad:

BTW if someone volunteers for something, you can still volunteer for that same thing cause it is not like I am gonna choose the first person to show any interest. If you are interested in helping out with any of the stuff mentioned below you can either post here or PM me. thxxxxxxxx guys.

Triple A
02-24-2006, 06:13 AM
NEWS AND RUMORS:

I was kinda thinking about bringing back the news and rumors report on the very top of the page but how? :mad: I wouldn't be able to write it since I am basically clueless as to what is going on in wrestling right now. Kinda wish I could write it because I am the man, but I cannot really bullshit my way through it. OR CAN I?

Triple A
02-24-2006, 06:14 AM
ECW THEMES:

Also was thinking about an ECW entrance themes section. Or perhaps a TNA themes section, somehow.

Triple A
02-24-2006, 06:15 AM
TRIVIA AND GUESS THE WRESTLER:

I can bring back wrestling TRIVIA in some capacity. Would anyone be willing to run it? Like five questions a week or so, and have people send in their answers and then post the winners each week?

I can do that with the GUESS THE WRESTLER section.

Triple A
02-24-2006, 06:16 AM
CAPTIONS:

A wrestling captions section somehow? Dunno how that would work though. Just brainstorming here. Thoughts WELCOME.

Triple A
02-24-2006, 06:17 AM
BUDDY ICONS:

Ooh, wrestling BUDDY ICONS! Can anyone make some shit like that? Credit will be given of course.

Triple A
02-24-2006, 06:18 AM
ONLINE GAMES:

Does anyone know of any online wrestling related games? Like small flash games or whatever. I could set up a page of a few of those.

Triple A
02-24-2006, 06:19 AM
WOMEN OF WRESTLING:

Could update the photo gallery section with a women of wrestling section, with a bunch of pics of them. YEAH.

toxic rooster
02-24-2006, 06:22 AM
What would really be cool would be a recap of what's happened in like the last 5 years, cos most of the people that still come here gave up on wrestling like 5 years ago.

Dave Youell
02-24-2006, 06:34 AM
Trips for like the 1000th time, I want to help with something. Let me do the news and rumors, on a weeks trial. If you don't like it, you can just fire me.

But please, just give me a chance!

And a captions bit would be great as some of the guys on these boards are really creative with some LOL funny captions from Raw each week

JH
02-24-2006, 07:25 AM
TRIVIA AND GUESS THE WRESTLER:

I can bring back wrestling TRIVIA in some capacity. Would anyone be willing to run it? Like five questions a week or so, and have people send in their answers and then post the winners each week?

I can do that with the GUESS THE WRESTLER section.

let me do that
i've been a wrestling fan since 1983 so i have a huge knowledge of old chool as well as new stuff

also i would love to write a column every week

Joey Slugs
02-24-2006, 10:38 AM
RSS/Atom feed for news & rumors. I'm not sure if any other site has that feature.

Kane Knight
02-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Two words: Ruse Report.

:shifty:

News wouldn't be that hard. Just pull it from PWinsider like everyone else does.

And a caption contest with a fw random cpations could be entertaining.

Joey Slugs
02-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Yes Yes

The Ruse Report

Just John
02-24-2006, 01:09 PM
So why isn't this getting underway, no offence AAA, but you talk about how good this place is (and I agree) but you havent been doing anyhting, are we gonna see something?

ThruTheWire
02-24-2006, 01:22 PM
I like penis.

JH
02-24-2006, 01:29 PM
I like girls.
I really like man ass.

thats just not right Funky

Would you prefer being banned?

nah man just messing with you
i'm not stupid enough to piss you off

Just John
02-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Don't spam this shit.

I will start handing out bans. - Funky Fly

Yes Sir!

*salutes*

Triple A
02-24-2006, 09:25 PM
So why isn't this getting underway, no offence AAA, but you talk about how good this place is (and I agree) but you havent been doing anyhting, are we gonna see something?
Are you retarded

James Steele
02-24-2006, 09:35 PM
BUDDY ICONS:

Ooh, wrestling BUDDY ICONS! Can anyone make some shit like that? Credit will be given of course.

Thanks to EWR, I have like every picture of every wrestler who is currently active. I could resize them pretty easily and hook you up.

Pinnacle Charisma
02-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Have a column writing contest something like the oratory did a few months back. The top 4 or 5 columns as voted by tpww regulars could write wrestling columns on a weekly or months basis.

RoadwarriorLOD has already expressed interest. I would be interested and Im sure others like KaneKnight, theone and loppydate would get involved as well.

Triple A
02-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Thanks to EWR, I have like every picture of every wrestler who is currently active. I could resize them pretty easily and hook you up.
Word.

Shaggy
02-24-2006, 09:55 PM
I like the whole writing contest....you should ask who would all like to do it so you can have a list...and then give them a subject that has to do with wrestling...something recent so they all know what all will basically have a good feeling for it...then just have them all write something out and send it to you....

You look over it....and pick the four or five you like best and have to do columns on the front page....

besides that...

The whole reason I actually started coming to this site was the wrestling themes...while I know that cant be done anymore because of legan issues the other thing that kept me here was the news and rumours...

Im always checking out the latest stuff in news on other sites so I can help out with that...id also like to try out for the column thing as well...

just throwing those ideas into the pool

V
02-24-2006, 10:03 PM
would make you actually go to a specific wrestling site instead of all the others?

I don't visit wrestling sites anymore, besides the tpww forums.

But when I did, i'd go to sites WITHOUT POP UPS.

and it would be nice to have a site without those ridiculous Links at the bottom like "Stacey Keibler videotaped having sex with Viscera, CLICK FOR VIDEO" but I guess that is not a big deal

Live PPV coverage without pop ups would probably attract a few people, duno, i hate going to wrestling-edge for the coverage cuz of the damn pop ups

HaTeR
02-24-2006, 10:12 PM
stream wwe PPVs for free, guaranteed to make tpww the most popular wrestling site out there

and illegal too, but who cares

Kane Knight
02-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Are you retarded

I can safely field this one...

*ahem*

Yes.

JH
02-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Are you seriosuly that fucking retarded
FIXED

Triple A
02-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Don't post in this thread again.

Skippord
02-25-2006, 05:31 AM
WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT BEFORE

Triple A
02-25-2006, 06:00 AM
Stop copying my type in all caps gimmick. You are ruining it.

Skippord
02-25-2006, 06:00 AM
my bad hows aboot lowercase

Y3J
02-25-2006, 11:03 AM
CAPTIONS:

A wrestling captions section somehow? Dunno how that would work though. Just brainstorming here. Thoughts WELCOME.

Loopydate's doing that at the moment, and doing a good job as well.

Y3J
02-25-2006, 11:09 AM
E-WRESTLING:

A similar concept to the C-Fed. There is a thread where those who want to participate are designated a wrestler (choosing would make it too easy). And they are set rivalries with other members/wrestlers but instead of captioning, they can just type arguements/segments but ensuring they stay in character. After a while, the members or a panel decide who won that feud and they can progress to bigger fueds etc.

Not sure exactly how it will work though, but just an idea.

Just John
02-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Are you retarded

Yeah,

also, you should add Wrestling wallapapers

Nervous Ferret
02-25-2006, 06:24 PM
yteah loopy is doing some awesome "Best Caption of the Month thing"

Maybe the Best Few XCaptions of the month could be posted on the main page

dunno

Nervous Ferret
02-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Best Captions of January:

http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41696

Funky Fly
02-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Don't spam this shit.

I will start handing out bans. - Funky Fly

my bad hows aboot lowercase

http://www.boomspeed.com/funky_fly/banhammer.jpg

2 days to think about what you did.

Corkscrewed
02-25-2006, 08:05 PM
I'll support:
- Ruse Report
- Captions
- Galleries
- Various humor articles.

There are tons of sites that report news, and TPWW can do that too if it wants, but add satire based articles and stuff to the content. That'll make the site stand out even more. Just my $0.02.

weather vane
02-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Funky Fly that was sexy.

JiM PolPot v.W.o.
02-26-2006, 01:37 AM
I can be the wrestling commentator.

I haven't watched since 2001, but from what I have been told, it doesn't sound like I have missed much.

I am also good at "owning" people.

Corkscrewed
02-26-2006, 04:14 AM
Also, I propose combining the Wrestling Forum and the Wrestling Q&A Forum into one. People always put Q&A stuff in here anyway, and I don't think that forum is used enough to really warrant itself. Just my opinion tho.

Pinnacle Charisma
02-26-2006, 07:39 AM
Also, I propose combining the Wrestling Forum and the Wrestling Q&A Forum into one. People always put Q&A stuff in here anyway, and I don't think that forum is used enough to really warrant itself. Just my opinion tho.
:y:

yeah good idea. It might be a good idea for two wrestling board maybe a tna/general wrestling one and a wwe one

Extreme Angle
02-26-2006, 07:44 AM
Jokes?

Kane Knight
02-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Also, the RSS feed idea is a good one. It's how I get like 9/10s of my other news, why not my wrestling news?

Of course, I don't know how difficult it is, because I'm too lazy to fucking bother with something like that unless I'm doing it for a reason (And that'll never happen), but it's a good idea, and if fucking webcomics can do it, I'm sure it can't be that hard.

Kane Knight
02-26-2006, 12:36 PM
I mean, most of those guys can't even draw or be funny.

...Come to think of it, why have I never done a webcomic? I'd fit right in.

St. Jimmy
02-26-2006, 12:55 PM
weekly Banhammer.
possibly make a Results forum,
so people will stop bitching about Spoilers.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-26-2006, 01:13 PM
It depends how much effort you want to put into the site. If you were real ambitious, and wanted to expand a bit, besides wrestling columns, maybe have Movie and Music columns. There are some people on here with good taste who could pull it off.

D Mac
02-26-2006, 10:58 PM
A Games forum where we can play word games and shit.

RP
02-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Me have power.

The One
02-27-2006, 05:18 AM
What would you like to see on TPWW?

Is this the place to request we add a MacGyver section?

The One
02-27-2006, 05:19 AM
And before all ya all start yelling at me, you know you think it's amazing when someone can solve a crime with a eraser and a toothbrush.

Dave Youell
02-27-2006, 10:28 AM
TPWW Radio with your host <s>Dave Youell</s> Kane Knight!

KK on the radio would be great!