PDA

View Full Version : Poster for the next Spider Man movie: The Black Costume?

Blitz
02-24-2006, 03:16 PM
http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/pics/spidey3teaser.jpg

discuss.

D Mac
02-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Probably the regular one, but made to look dark by the storm or something. Making you think he's going to be in a shitload of trouble. :D

Blitz
02-24-2006, 03:21 PM
No. In fact it's been said by Sony themselves that it's not a black and white image, etc.. It is Spidey wearing a new costume.

Nowhere Man
02-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Sweet, so they're doing the black suit after all!

V
02-24-2006, 03:34 PM
he's emo

CharismaInjection
02-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Please be VENOM!!!!!:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

He is the best Spider-Man Villain ever! He's right up there with Doc Ock in my eyes.

Sephiroth
02-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Dudes, check out IGN.com, the movie section.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/653/653818p1.html

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/685/685866p1.html

Check out the links.

They have an interview with Kirsten Dunst, she told the guys over at IGN that one of the main villians is going to be Venom and possibly also the Sandman.

So it could indeed be that Spidey is wearing the black "Venom" suit in this pic.

RP
02-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Maybe thats Underworld 3.

Pinnacle Charisma
02-24-2006, 09:45 PM
If this movie has Venom as the main vilan and really focas on the black symboyote storyline this would be the best spiderman movie

Fox
02-24-2006, 09:52 PM
fucking sweet, except that's not what the black spider-man symbiote costume is supposed to look like.

UmbrellaCorporation
02-24-2006, 10:02 PM
VENOM FTW. :drool:

Lara Emily
02-25-2006, 12:40 AM
"Quick we need to do the black costume on the cheap. Let's just take his normal one and make it black. Brilliant!"

Kalyx triaD
02-25-2006, 12:57 AM
Don't wanna be the villian here but the suit he's wearing looks alot like the one he always had. If they were going for the black costume, I'd think they would atleast make it resemble the 'White Spider across the torso' look instead of simple color swapping. And storyline clues show that Venom's origin will be different from the comics, and Peter won't be wearing the suit at all; it may start and end on Tobey/Eddie Brock.

mitch_h
02-25-2006, 01:11 AM
I think that the suit is only grey for that advertisement. Looks like he is suppose to resemble a gargoyle statue.

Kalyx triaD
02-25-2006, 01:17 AM
I think that the suit is only grey for that advertisement. Looks like he is suppose to resemble a gargoyle statue.

It's nothing we can't do with current Siper-Man pics on a photo program. But the poster seems to give us hint at the coming issues for Peter.

Seems abit Batman to me, but the situation justifies.

Blitz
02-25-2006, 01:28 AM
knackered atm.

Mr. Monday Morning
02-25-2006, 08:10 AM
http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/bugle/press_releases/16.php

You may think you’re looking at a black and white photo. Look closely, Spider-Man wears a black suit in Spider-Man 3. Tobey Maguire returns as Peter Parker / Spider-Man in Spider-Man 3. In Theaters 5/4/07

Sephiroth
02-25-2006, 08:29 AM
http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/bugle/press_releases/16.php

You may think you’re looking at a black and white photo. Look closely, Spider-Man wears a black suit in Spider-Man 3. Tobey Maguire returns as Peter Parker / Spider-Man in Spider-Man 3. In Theaters 5/4/07
Indeed, i remember something about the "alien suit" taking the form of spidermans normal suit...only the "alien suit" made it look black and with a big white spider in the center of his chest.

Like this:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/2933/GraphicsSpiderman2a.jpg

I can't see the big white spider on his chest in this pic though, but it could be that they choose to make it look different, no problem imo.

Savio
02-25-2006, 12:34 PM
he's emo:lol:

Optimus Bone 69
02-26-2006, 03:21 PM
its is the black costume, there was an article in one of the scottish papers on it and it is Venom and it also spoke of Eddie Brock but it isnt the correct story line it was going on about a mysterious stranger giving it to Peter Parker after the original suit is destroyed in battle:-\

John la Rock
02-26-2006, 06:19 PM
I like what i see :y:

The Naitch
02-26-2006, 07:05 PM
what's the history behind the black suit?

And for some weird reason, I always pictured The Rock to play Venom

The Naitch
02-26-2006, 07:06 PM
with that tongue of his IF YA SMELLLLLLLALALALALALALALALALALALL

Blitz
02-26-2006, 07:12 PM
If anyone wants to know who is supposedly playing Venom, it is rumoured to be (SPOILERS-Highlight to read) [Topher Grace of That 70's Show]

Danny Electric
02-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Right, this black one is as Blitz said a new suit.
To re-invent Spiderman for the new times, Marvel have said that their giving Spiderman a new black suit. Just like he had a different suit for a while in the 80's.
It was said, at first, that he wasn't goign to wear this new suit in the film but it look as if he is.

DaveWadding
02-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Sooo....aintitcoolnews.com posted these neat little spoilerish tidbits, then Sony asked them to remove it. Its a Q&A with someone evidently in the know. Presented here in black font for your enjoyment.

Q1. Who are the villains and how much screentime does each one get?

A. Venom,Sandman, and GG2. Sandman is the main one, building up to venom at end. GG has a good amount, though not sure how much time. He's in 2 major battles.

Q2.Does the GG look cool,how much green does he have on him, is his black snow suit have a black hood that covers the top of his head,do the belts on his legs hold pumpkin bombs,is his goggles yellow lens,does he wear gloves of any kind,and why does Harry go with this suit instead of the one his father used?

A. He looks cool as an individual idea. But again, nothing remotely goblin like about him except the weapons, glider and some green on him. No hood, the belts hold two swords. One long one on his back, a smaller one on his right leg. Pumpkins bombs are in his glider. Goggles are black. He has a green mouthmask. Gloves are black. No idea why. Possible to make it more to his liking, a way to "improve".

Q3.Does Venom fight in this movie or does he just show up as a cliffhanger?

A. Yes he fights. Again, he will fight Spidey with Sandman at the end, the movie leads up to this "battle royale" at the construction site. GG will also join in the fight, but not on the sides of Ven/San. GG fights with Spidey instead.

Q4. [missing from original source, assumed to be something like "What does Venom look like?]

A.I've seen the costume of Venom (yes hes in it, but only towards the end) and its extremely cool. Think all black latex with veins all over his upper half, reaching over onto his arms. However the veins also shape into the Spider thats on his chest in the comics (no white). Venom will be a little larger than. spidey. Basically the bad version of spidey. Venom has nasty teeth, no where near exaggerated in the comics. Just really sharp yellow teeth, very fang like, it will be prosthetics. Tongue will be CG.

Q5.I'm kinda confused,does spidey wear the symbiote before Brock gets it?

A.Yes. After his date with MJ, the symbiote clings to his shoe and waits for Parker in his room one night. He then wakes up upside down on the side of a building wearing the symbiote costume.

Q6.If spidey does wear the symbiote,what does it look like exactly?

A.The same costume as blue/red only black with all the scale detail and webbing over it. Not impressive. It looks like this because it stuck onto his old costume then it clung on Peter.

Q7.And how long does he wear the suit?

A.For right now, a good chunk since the movie is about Peter and how the symbiote possesses him, and the decisions he has to make.

Q8.Who does he fight with it?

A.Sandman, robbers, and Harry

Q9.What makes him take it off?

A.Bell Tower.

Q10.What kind of things does Sandman do in this movie power wise?

Grows a lot. Sandstorms. Hand as a sledgehammer and mace. The FX will raise the bar.

Q11.Where do all the fights take place on/at?

A.All over. In the air/Alley, underground subway, armoured truck in the streets, construction site.

Q12.Is there a cliffhanger at the end of this movie?

A.Not currently. But there is one scene that leaves questions opened about the return of the symbiote.

Q13.Who does Bruce Campbell play?

A.He has a cameo as somebody named Quentin Beck.

Q14.Where does the symbiote come from?

A.An astroid.

Q15.Does spidey wear his regular red and blue spidey suit in the movie?

Yes. At the beginning and end of the movie.
Q16.Is S-M3 and S-M4 being made back to back?

A.Nope.

Q17.Is Venom going to be the villain for S-M4,or is S-M3 going to be it for him?

A.End of the line for Brocks version of Venom, but not the symbiote itself.

Q18.Are there lots of fights/action in this movie?

A.TONS. Four BIG fight sequences. All very fun, and clever. Wont be disappointed in that department. Be prepared for A LOT of fight sequences including a revisit to the subway fight sequence (only underground this time).

Q19. What is that church for?

A.The church sequence is used when Black Symbiote Spidey attempts to tear his suit off by the ringing of the church bell. Unknown to him that right under him in the church Brock is walking in where pieces of the symbiote land on him and then bond with him.

Q20. Do GG2 and Spidey ever face off?

A.Yes. I will mention one fight scene at the beginning of the movie in particular. Harry in full GG Glory first attacks peter, and tosses him into the side of the building. This also where they have a huge airal fight sequence leading to a chase into an alley where (yes as a previous plot spoiler had reported) Harry is knocked out and Peter saves him and brings him to a hospital.

Q21. How much screen time does Dr.Connors have,does he mention anything about lizard experiments?

A. Connors studies the symbiote sample. So we see the inside of his lab. A lot of Lizards references.

Me
02-26-2006, 08:35 PM

:eek:
* Mysterio? *

Joey Slugs
02-26-2006, 08:42 PM
:eek:
* Mysterio? *

Correct. Sam Rami has always said that he would love for all of this to end up in a huge showdown with the Sinister Six.

Volchok
02-26-2006, 08:52 PM
That would be soooooooo sweet if the series ended like that.

Blitz
02-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Awesomeness. But the series cannot end until we see Carnage.

Nowhere Man
02-27-2006, 12:50 AM
what's the history behind the black suit?

From Wikipedia:

"While embroiled in a major crossover storyline fighting the Secret Wars on an alien planet, Spider-Man's costume was badly damaged. Informed by other heroes of a machine in a nearby lab which could repair his suit, Spidey went searching, but unwittingly activated the wrong machine, freeing from imprisonment a sentient alien symbiote. As Spider-Man touched the black blob, it flowed over his body, forming a new costume which he soon discovered responded to his thoughts, was able to mimic street clothes and seemed to provide an inexhaustible supply of webbing.

Once back on Earth, Spider-Man learned the true nature of the costume, and discovered that the symbiote desired to fuse permanently with him, enveloping him at night as he slept, using his unconscious body to go out and fight crime. With the aid of Mister Fantastic, Spider-Man removed the costume with the aid of sonic waves, to which it was vulnerable, but it broke free from the Fantastic Four's custody, and attempted to bond itself to Spider-Man in a church tower. The clanging of the church bells, coupled with Spidey's forced rejection of the symbiote, weakened the alien, and it slithered away, apparently to die."

Joey Slugs
02-27-2006, 05:42 PM
It's only fanart... but how sick would it be to see this on the big screen:

http://www.composerarts.com/Blackenstein.jpg

Blitz
02-27-2006, 06:05 PM
That is very cool.

Sephiroth
02-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Indeed, fucking sweet.

Nice fanart.:y:

Kalyx triaD
03-03-2006, 07:05 AM
Sooo....aintitcoolnews.com posted these neat little spoilerish tidbits, then Sony asked them to remove it. Its a Q&A with someone evidently in the know. Presented here in black font for your enjoyment.

Q1. Who are the villains and how much screentime does each one get?

A. Venom,Sandman, and GG2. Sandman is the main one, building up to venom at end. GG has a good amount, though not sure how much time. He's in 2 major battles.

Q2.Does the GG look cool,how much green does he have on him, is his black snow suit have a black hood that covers the top of his head,do the belts on his legs hold pumpkin bombs,is his goggles yellow lens,does he wear gloves of any kind,and why does Harry go with this suit instead of the one his father used?

A. He looks cool as an individual idea. But again, nothing remotely goblin like about him except the weapons, glider and some green on him. No hood, the belts hold two swords. One long one on his back, a smaller one on his right leg. Pumpkins bombs are in his glider. Goggles are black. He has a green mouthmask. Gloves are black. No idea why. Possible to make it more to his liking, a way to "improve".

Q3.Does Venom fight in this movie or does he just show up as a cliffhanger?

A. Yes he fights. Again, he will fight Spidey with Sandman at the end, the movie leads up to this "battle royale" at the construction site. GG will also join in the fight, but not on the sides of Ven/San. GG fights with Spidey instead.

Q4. [missing from original source, assumed to be something like "What does Venom look like?]

A.I've seen the costume of Venom (yes hes in it, but only towards the end) and its extremely cool. Think all black latex with veins all over his upper half, reaching over onto his arms. However the veins also shape into the Spider thats on his chest in the comics (no white). Venom will be a little larger than. spidey. Basically the bad version of spidey. Venom has nasty teeth, no where near exaggerated in the comics. Just really sharp yellow teeth, very fang like, it will be prosthetics. Tongue will be CG.

Q5.I'm kinda confused,does spidey wear the symbiote before Brock gets it?

A.Yes. After his date with MJ, the symbiote clings to his shoe and waits for Parker in his room one night. He then wakes up upside down on the side of a building wearing the symbiote costume.

Q6.If spidey does wear the symbiote,what does it look like exactly?

A.The same costume as blue/red only black with all the scale detail and webbing over it. Not impressive. It looks like this because it stuck onto his old costume then it clung on Peter.

Q7.And how long does he wear the suit?

A.For right now, a good chunk since the movie is about Peter and how the symbiote possesses him, and the decisions he has to make.

Q8.Who does he fight with it?

A.Sandman, robbers, and Harry

Q9.What makes him take it off?

A.Bell Tower.

Q10.What kind of things does Sandman do in this movie power wise?

Grows a lot. Sandstorms. Hand as a sledgehammer and mace. The FX will raise the bar.

Q11.Where do all the fights take place on/at?

A.All over. In the air/Alley, underground subway, armoured truck in the streets, construction site.

Q12.Is there a cliffhanger at the end of this movie?

A.Not currently. But there is one scene that leaves questions opened about the return of the symbiote.

Q14.Where does the symbiote come from?

A.An astroid.

Q15.Does spidey wear his regular red and blue spidey suit in the movie?

Yes. At the beginning and end of the movie.
Q16.Is S-M3 and S-M4 being made back to back?

A.Nope.

Q17.Is Venom going to be the villain for S-M4,or is S-M3 going to be it for him?

A.End of the line for Brocks version of Venom, but not the symbiote itself.

Q18.Are there lots of fights/action in this movie?

A.TONS. Four BIG fight sequences. All very fun, and clever. Wont be disappointed in that department. Be prepared for A LOT of fight sequences including a revisit to the subway fight sequence (only underground this time).

Q19. What is that church for?

A.The church sequence is used when Black Symbiote Spidey attempts to tear his suit off by the ringing of the church bell. Unknown to him that right under him in the church Brock is walking in where pieces of the symbiote land on him and then bond with him.

Q20. Do GG2 and Spidey ever face off?

A.Yes. I will mention one fight scene at the beginning of the movie in particular. Harry in full GG Glory first attacks peter, and tosses him into the side of the building. This also where they have a huge airal fight sequence leading to a chase into an alley where (yes as a previous plot spoiler had reported) Harry is knocked out and Peter saves him and brings him to a hospital.

Q21. How much screen time does Dr.Connors have,does he mention anything about lizard experiments?

A. Connors studies the symbiote sample. So we see the inside of his lab. A lot of Lizards references.

None of this sounds abit... :-\ The actual source seems so-so...

Indifferent Clox
03-03-2006, 04:23 PM
how many spiderman movies do you think there will be?
i'm thinking 5 or 6...
lizard man mysterio and carnage in 4...
what about hobgoblin?

UmbrellaCorporation
03-03-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm curious too.

For some reason, I want to believe it, but how credible is the source?

CharismaInjection
03-03-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm gutted Venom isn't getting a whole film to himself, he's such a good villain.

UmbrellaCorporation
03-03-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm gutted Venom isn't getting a whole film to himself, he's such a good villain.

Word.

I'm digging the whole Green Goblin plot, but can you imagine how awesome it'd be to have a series dedicated to the symbiotes (IE: Venom, Carnage, and the symbiotes featured in Separation Anxiety)? :drool:

Kane Knight
03-03-2006, 06:02 PM
None of this sounds abit... :-\ The actual source seems so-so...

It looks like it's written by someone who took one too many falls from the top of the Empire State Building.

If true...

Spoiler warning:
Spoilers ahead, maybe

So yeah, that was for people who might whine about that which I think is probably baseless speculation. The notion that Venom (Or at least Brock) Will only have a brief appearance in the Spider-Man series is a bitdisheartening, as played properly he could rock. The notion that the symbiote will return but not Brock makes me think Carnage, and the guy just wasn't as interesting. At least Venom had that whole "lover scorned" deal. Carnage was okay initially as a foil to Venom, but...

I actually like the idea of GG2 not looking much like the original, but the description sounds lame and it looks like they're building more towards the concept of a redux. So if they do something that different, I'll be surprised.

The idea of a Battle Royale seems cool, but not with Venom and Sandman. I mean, it could be cool, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

All in all, if that ESL document is correct, we're looking at a disappointing movie.

Savio
03-03-2006, 07:04 PM
I heard this one will be the last one for awhile.

loopydate
03-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Raimi has said that he'd be up for as many as six, but I'm with Paul. I think this will be the last for a while. Let Toby, Kirsten, et al go off and do their own thing for a couple of years, then if the interest is still there, bring 'em all back for another series.

Not like they'll ever run out of villains (although I guess if they keep killing off one per movie, they might).

Joey Slugs
03-05-2006, 05:48 PM
If Rami gets his way and does 6 movies, look for them to pan out this way:

3 -
Sandman (main baddie)
Green Goblin II/Hobgoblin (appearance)
Eddie Brock (appearance)
Quinten Beck (appearance)

4 -
Lizard (main baddie)
Venom (appearance)

5 -
Sinister Six (main baddies)

6 -
Finish SS and GGII/Hobgoblin storylines

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2006, 11:17 AM

3 -
Sandman (main baddie)
Eddie Brock (appearance)

4 -
Lizard (main baddie)
Venom (appearance)

5 -

6 -

Doing a Sinister Six movie would make more sense in the sixth movie. Just promotional thinking, there.

I just wanna see Venom.

Joe Kerr
03-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Id like to see the Maximum Carnage Storyline. Venom was a great villian But Carnage was just plain bad ass

John la Rock
03-07-2006, 02:20 PM
I love the poster. looks awesome :y:

But why the fuck is Sandman in the movie? Sttupid choice IMO. Should have been just Venom

John la Rock
03-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Id like to see the Maximum Carnage Storyline. Venom was a great villian But Carnage was just plain bad ass

It could work only if it is Spidey and Venom vs Carnage

Sephiroth
03-07-2006, 02:23 PM

Yeah that would be better.

I'm really wondering how this one is going to work out.

Cause i'm really hoping they'll put in Venom as one of the MAIN villians.

alvarado52
03-07-2006, 02:36 PM
IGN had a pic up of whats his name as the Sandman awhile back, i dunno if its still up

John la Rock
03-10-2006, 09:02 PM

3 -
Sandman (main baddie)
Eddie Brock (appearance)

4 -
Lizard (main baddie)
Venom (appearance)

5 -

6 -

source?

YOUR Hero
03-11-2006, 03:25 PM
his brain

Kane Knight
03-11-2006, 04:55 PM
source?

His sources are a few quotes that Raimi wanted to do a Six Part series and a mention of wanting to do the sinister Six, the "interview" that Wadding posted, and filling in the blanks himself.

I'd frankly rather see him murder Venom/Carnage than murder the Sinister Six though, so I hope we see that over the SS.

Not to be too bitchy, but Raimi's done something I didn't expect--He made a comic book movie MORE 2-D than the comics themselves were.

Spider-Man was kind of the prototype for the hero who was more than just a monotone, spandex clad, badass. He had a life that was immediately identifiable with, and that didn't take a backseat to his Super-Hero career. Before everyone was doing it, Spider-Man was.

Raimi pays lip service to the elements that really made Spider-Man what it was, but he doesn't capture it. The first movie did an okay job (Since his origin MANDATES it), but the second one didn't.

Carnage needs little depth or introduction or even a major point of interest. He's Jason Vorhees with a big mouth, or Freddie Krueger sans the finesse. He'll do well at the box offices, make a lot of money, and avoid killing interesting characters (Except PArker and Venom).

Joey Slugs
03-12-2006, 01:59 AM
His sources are a few quotes that Raimi wanted to do a Six Part series and a mention of wanting to do the sinister Six, the "interview" that Wadding posted, and filling in the blanks himself.

:yes:

thank you sir.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-12-2006, 10:03 AM
*******MAJOR POSSIBLE SPOILERS********

There is a rumor going around, that I heard from my friend (already sounds like bullshit, I know, but he's a huge spiderman geek ,so I believe he's heard it. ) That one plan is to just say the Venom costume is a government weapon/Oscorp creation, instead of an alien, to make things easier. Also, Venom and Spiderman will only have 1 confrontation, at the very end of the movie, and during their battle, Harry, as the green goblin, will save, and possibly get killed in the process, of saving Spiderman from Venom.

Personaly, I think that sounds great, especially if they only do 3 movies. It saves the trouble of having the whole Green Goblin/Hob Goblin thing redone. Granted, it's different from the comics, but if it's only a trilogy for now, I think it would work great.

******** END*********

Kane Knight
03-12-2006, 11:08 AM
That rumour is based not around any real substance, but is rather taken from Ultimate Spider-Man (And slightly modified to fit the current series).

Kane Knight
03-12-2006, 11:09 AM
The bit about Venom, not the part involving Harry.

UmbrellaCorporation
03-12-2006, 11:33 AM
I love Ultimate Spider-Man, and I love Venom in any incarnation, be it 616 or Ultimate.

However, if they do it, I hope they model Venom after the 616 one. Something about Ultimate Venom disturbs me, although I don't quite know what it is.

94 SVT Cobra
03-12-2006, 12:07 PM

Which would be ill as fuck if they had a movie with venom in it first, then next movie or so, the two put diffrences aside and team up, leading in to the maximium carnage storyline......what an amazing comic series that was when i was a kid.

John la Rock
03-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Which would be ill as fuck if they had a movie with venom in it first, then next movie or so, the two put diffrences aside and team up, leading in to the maximium carnage storyline......what an amazing comic series that was when i was a kid.

:y:

Kane Knight
03-13-2006, 09:55 AM
I love Ultimate Spider-Man, and I love Venom in any incarnation, be it 616 or Ultimate.

However, if they do it, I hope they model Venom after the 616 one. Something about Ultimate Venom disturbs me, although I don't quite know what it is.

Ultimate Venom sucked.

Kalyx triaD
03-13-2006, 11:34 AM
I have a feeling Venom will NOT have the alien origin. As the last two bad-guys really were experiments gone wrong; having the suit be a creation of science seems to be the sensible route for the movie series. Sandman will obvious take that route as well.

I doubt we'll see Cargnage in a Spider-Man movie.

Raimi pays lip service to the elements that really made Spider-Man what it was, but he doesn't capture it. The first movie did an okay job (Since his origin MANDATES it), but the second one didn't.

:wtf: The second movie was as long as it was because we're getting into Peter's life as Peter Parker, not Spider-Man. Add to that an entire section where Parker retires from being Spider-Man completely until Doc Ock gives him the motivation to swing into action.

Raimi did a better job at portraying normal life over vigilance than say... Tim Burton portrayed vigilance over normal life with Batman. People were interested in Peter's segments than the Spider-Man action scenes; which is saying alot for a superhero film. You did see Dare Devil, did you?

On a past note, I think Mysterio would make for a better movie villain than Carnage. Raimi likes villains that play into the overall feel of the movie's plot; and what the heck type of movie would Carnage fit in that'll never be rated R (hence my earlier thought)?

Kane Knight
03-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Note I said "pays lip service to it, but doesn't capture it."

Might I be implying here, that the elements in the second movie fail to actually capture Parker?

Come on, 90% of the social elements of that movie were total shit. Comparing it to Daredevil, which was shit period, isn't saying anything. You might as well say it was better than Catwoman or the Hulk. Or Captain America.

Kalyx triaD
03-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Note I said "pays lip service to it, but doesn't capture it."

Might I be implying here, that the elements in the second movie fail to actually capture Parker?

Come on, 90% of the social elements of that movie were total shit. Comparing it to Daredevil, which was shit period, isn't saying anything. You might as well say it was better than Catwoman or the Hulk. Or Captain America.

Well, I guess comparing movie Peter to comic Peter; who has years of volumes to exploring his character, is totally fair. The movie version is being quite faithful to the Peter we know compared to the fallout of the "Evolve of Die" fiasco (The Other), which is just playing with the character. And maybe comparing it to DD was laughable, since they're two Marvel superhero movies; what was I thinking?

Spider-Man 2 was well done, although the chocolate cake scene was odd placement.

Dave Youell
03-15-2006, 03:36 AM
Hang on, wasn't Doc Oct in the SS?

How's that one gonna work then?

Kalyx triaD
03-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Hang on, wasn't Doc Oct in the SS?

How's that one gonna work then?

Supervillain deaths are never to be taken seriously.

Fox
03-16-2006, 01:38 AM
We never saw Doc Oc die, we only saw him slowly floating to the bottom of the ocean whilst being crushed by a massive machine, all the while still wearing those huge, metallic octopus arms.

But that doesn't mean he's dead.

Jaton
03-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Spider Carnage, FTW.

http://www.samruby.com/Spiderverse/Spiderman/CostumeSpiderCarnage.gif

Kalyx triaD
03-16-2006, 10:00 PM
With the Ben Reiley suit? When?

Jaton
03-16-2006, 11:03 PM
It happened when Ben Reilly was fighting Carnage. The symbiote basically decided it liked Reilly and attached to him.

Kalyx triaD
03-17-2006, 09:36 AM
Sleep for a day and miss out on the week.

Jaton
03-19-2006, 05:13 AM
Indeed.

alvarado52
03-30-2006, 12:50 AM
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/665/665139/church-sandman_1131401419-000.jpg

Blitz
03-30-2006, 12:56 AM
I suspect Thomas Haden Church may be on the juice.

Joey Slugs
03-30-2006, 01:53 AM
fake or real? let the debate begin...

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2006/SM3black.jpg

Blitz
03-30-2006, 01:59 AM
Cool looking either way.

Lord-Of-Darkness
03-30-2006, 05:44 AM
Looks very cool, but if you look closely at the outside of his left forearm, you can see where there person who did this left some red on his arm. Its to bright to be blood, so I'm assuming its fake

Kalyx triaD
03-30-2006, 07:39 AM
His injuries look like the ones he had in part two. And the setting looks like Harry's place (as in after he found out Peter was Spidey). I'll check it out myself. But yeah, cool photoshop if it's fake.

Fignuts
04-07-2006, 04:22 PM

I'd like to see them do the new avengers "breakout" storyline, where the sentry takes carnage into space and rips him in half.

Don't know how many times I'm going to go through this debate, but what the hell.

Venom was a great villain, yes. And yes, carnage had a pretty bad ass look. As far as 90's standards go, anyhow. But that's all he had. He was just a crazy guy with a symbiote. No depth whatsoever, where as Venom's backstory made you look at the character in different ways.

Plus, Carnage would not be a good choice for the movie just because very few people will like him. Most hardcore comic readers hate carnage and rejoiced when he was killed off recently. Then there are the people who don't read comics, but go to see it just because it's a summer blockbuster. They would probably recognize Venom before Carnage. Secondly, this movie would come out after Venom has appeared. So your average movie-goer would see this as an unoriginal and lazy effort at a new villain(which carnage actually is) unless they drasticly changed his origin and powers. And that will make all of you upset.

And who are you? I'm guessing most of the people in here who support Carnage, are people who used to read a little bit of comics in the 90's. Mostly mainstream stuff. But you havn't picked anything up since. You just remember carnage because back then you didn't need great characters with great stories. That's what all that indy garbage is for. You just needed a cool looking villain. Not even an original one. So all you ever read was crap, but because there was nothing else, you thought it was the golden standard.

Kalyx triaD
04-07-2006, 07:04 PM
I'd like to see them do the new avengers "breakout" storyline, where the sentry takes carnage into space and rips him in half.

Don't know how many times I'm going to go through this debate, but what the hell.

Venom was a great villain, yes. And yes, carnage had a pretty bad ass look. As far as 90's standards go, anyhow. But that's all he had. He was just a crazy guy with a symbiote. No depth whatsoever, where as Venom's backstory made you look at the character in different ways.

Plus, Carnage would not be a good choice for the movie just because very few people will like him. Most hardcore comic readers hate carnage and rejoiced when he was killed off recently. Then there are the people who don't read comics, but go to see it just because it's a summer blockbuster. They would probably recognize Venom before Carnage. Secondly, this movie would come out after Venom has appeared. So your average movie-goer would see this as an unoriginal and lazy effort at a new villain(which carnage actually is) unless they drasticly changed his origin and powers. And that will make all of you upset.

And who are you? I'm guessing most of the people in here who support Carnage, are people who used to read a little bit of comics in the 90's. Mostly mainstream stuff. But you havn't picked anything up since. You just remember carnage because back then you didn't need great characters with great stories. That's what all that indy garbage is for. You just needed a cool looking villain. Not even an original one. So all you ever read was crap, but because there was nothing else, you thought it was the golden standard.

:y: Couldn't have said it better myself. Well, yeah I can actually; but got the point down. Carnage just isn't movie worthy, story or otherwise. Mysterio on the other hand...

Kane Knight
04-07-2006, 10:25 PM
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/spiderman3/site/?hs308=email&hs305=sm304072006

Kalyx triaD
05-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Some photo-edit of my own. How's it look?

http://superherouniverse.com/art/data/595/venom-suit.jpg

It's what I would like the suit to look.

Just John
05-12-2006, 05:08 PM
It looks good, I would have thought it genuine if you didnt tell us.

Kalyx triaD
05-13-2006, 07:39 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/Kalyx_triaD/SupermanKingdomCome.jpg

How's this?

Smitty
05-16-2006, 09:29 PM
There are new set pics from Spider-Man 3, and Spidey is wearing the traditional colors in them....hmmmmm

Kalyx triaD
05-17-2006, 12:11 AM
If he does get into the black suit, I doubt its for the whole movie. So what you saw doesn't mean he won't do it.

Where are these pics anyway?

Kalyx triaD
06-03-2006, 06:17 AM
http://superherouniverse.com/art/data/595/Venom_Hunts.jpg
More photoshop. I'm happier with this one than the last.

Blitz
06-27-2006, 11:32 PM
So the trailer is out now. Looks pretty good, but no shots of Venom (that I noticed, at least), and I didn't see the supposedly revealed 4th villain.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/

Fox
06-28-2006, 01:26 AM
Holy shit. This is going to be greatness.

Joey Slugs
06-28-2006, 02:10 AM
So the trailer is out now. Looks pretty good, but no shots of Venom (that I noticed, at least), and I didn't see the supposedly revealed 4th villain.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/

From what I understand.... the 4th villian is not "in costume" but is definatly there.

Fignuts
06-28-2006, 02:29 AM
Sandman is going to steal the show.

Be interesting to see how they pull off gwen stacy.

Looks a lot more promising than superman.

Dave Youell
06-28-2006, 04:19 AM
From what I understand.... the 4th villian is not "in costume" but is definatly there.
I still reckon the 4th one is going to be a really minor villian right at the start of the film to get things kicked off, like the Vulture or Rhino

Dave Youell
06-28-2006, 04:31 AM
I counted them through and it doesn't add up:

Maguire = Spidey
Grace = Venom
Church = Sandman
Franco = Hobgoblin
Dunst = Mary Jane
Howard = Gwen Stacy

That's it! There's no one else in that trailer

So unless Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane are going to become super villians.........we aint gonna know who the 3th is yet

Blitz
06-28-2006, 07:18 AM
If you pause the trailer, Franco's outfit looks very.........interesting.

Joey Slugs
06-28-2006, 11:52 AM
I counted them through and it doesn't add up:

Maguire = Spidey
Grace = Venom
Church = Sandman
Franco = Hobgoblin
Dunst = Mary Jane
Howard = Gwen Stacy

That's it! There's no one else in that trailer

So unless Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane are going to become super villians.........we aint gonna know who the 3th is yet

Franco might be the Hobgoblin (even though you don't see his face) but he gets pumpkin bombed in one scene.... so there's your 4th.

Blitz
06-28-2006, 04:36 PM
Franco might be the Hobgoblin (even though you don't see his face) but he gets pumpkin bombed in one scene.... so there's your 4th.
Even if that's true, it's not really "revealing" someone. It could easily be a dream sequence or something.

Fignuts
06-28-2006, 11:12 PM
They're probably fucking around with everyone by saying there is a fourth villain, when in reality they mean the costume.

Like when Obi Wan Kenobi said darth vader killed luke's father, and then later he said it was true "from a certain point of view."

Obi Wan Kenobi is a douche.

alvarado52
06-29-2006, 12:40 AM
AAAAAAH GOOSEBUMPS WATCHING IT! Although no Venom shot =( But still, the whole thing looks darker. Awesomeness...going to be....fuckin...awesome.

alvarado52
06-29-2006, 12:48 AM
sorry for double post, and i dunno if it was mentioned, but if you look at the very end of the trailer, it does look like he has the spider in the back as well.

Fignuts
06-29-2006, 12:57 AM
I really don't expect to see venom until the very end. ala harry finding the green goblin gear. It's going to be something to set up 4. So don't expect to see venom in the trailers.

alvarado52
06-29-2006, 01:05 AM
yea. Remember those spoilers early in, i believe, this thread where it says Venom will only appear at the end during a battle, or something to that extent? I agree with you Fig, we probably will only get a glimpse of him in this one, and hopefully have him much more featured in the next one. They cant really afford to screw this one up though, yknow? Alot of people, including myself, feel Venom is the biggest villian Spidey really has.

Smitty
06-29-2006, 03:23 PM
It looks like Harry is wearing a pre-Goblin suit...maybe they're saving his full transformation for the next one???

Disturbed316
06-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah, that ruled.

Fignuts
06-29-2006, 11:30 PM
yea. Remember those spoilers early in, i believe, this thread where it says Venom will only appear at the end during a battle, or something to that extent? I agree with you Fig, we probably will only get a glimpse of him in this one, and hopefully have him much more featured in the next one. They cant really afford to screw this one up though, yknow? Alot of people, including myself, feel Venom is the biggest villian Spidey really has.

Nah, man venom is a close second.

Yeah, venom is cool and all, but he's only really spiderman's villian. Whereas the Green Goblin is both spiderman and peter parker's villian. Venom has beat spider-man up a few times, sure.
But the Green Goblin has killed his first love, made him think his parents were alive, was responsible for the clone saga, kidnapped aunt may, and stole his freaking baby.

That and he has close personal ties to peter.

Kalyx triaD
06-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Like the new spider on his chest. Almost fainted when the suit moved in liquid form.

Is Hobgoblin in black?

Joey Slugs
06-30-2006, 03:32 PM
"Read on if you dare..."
(highlight)
Where does Venom come from? Well, the symbiote clings to Peter after a date with MJ - like gum on his shoe to begin with, almost. As he sleeps, covers him - we see this in the trailer. When he wakes up, he's hanging upside down on the side of a building - much like the final shot in the teaser. It's the old werewolf thing - but used to dramatise Peter's internal conflict. Venom adopts an appearance like the red/blue Spidey suit because Peter is wearing it when it covers him - though he's not wearing the mask, so there's a little dramatic license at play. Tut tut - can do better, Mr. Raimi. See me after class.

Before getting on Peter, the symbiote has a rather 50's sci-fi origin, not unlike that of The Blob. It looks like Raimi has had a lot of fun with this element of the story.

Okay - back to the plot. How does Eddie Brock become Venom? Well, when Spidey is "caught" by the symbiote, Brock follows this Venom character to a church bell tower. He's both trying to upstage Peter's coverage in the Bugle, and also twist the knife into Spidey. Here, Peter manages to overcome the symbiote and rip himself free of the suit, but some of it falls onto Brock. That is, of course, all he needs to soon "become" Venom. We see plenty of shots from this sequence in the teaser, including Brock's discovery of who is inside the suit just before the symbiote gets onto him.

The Venom-Brock does not look exactly like the Venom-Spidey, but more organic, more like the comic book Venom. This is, apparently, due to the fact that Spidey had the red/blue suit on, Brock does not. Peter's split into two-halves in so many ways (Peter/Spidey, Spidey/Venom-Spidey, Peter/Dark Peter) that it would get confusing if the metaphorical values of each wasn't so clear.

For most of the film, Spider-Man is in pursuit of Flint Marko, The Sandman, but we begin with an early Green Goblin/Spider-Man show-down - some of which is seen in the trailer - shot at night-time, Harry's face is exposed clearly in most shots, you see him fly into the wall fist first. It is only at the end of the film that Spidey faces off against Venom. Thankfully, Harry herein comes to his aid in Green Goblin guise, showing that he too has won his own internal conflict much like Peter has. Hurrah for Harry.

Sadly, though, Harry is killed. Tears for Harry.

Aunt May also dies within he film's running time. Trust me, you don't want to know when and where.

Apparently, MJ does NOT die. I know I was expecting her to go, but if she does, it is somehow being kept an even bigger secret than the rest of these details.

All the business in the trailer with the ring? Well, apparently, there's much ado about that piece of jewellery - and at one point, it even ends up in a pawn shop. The romance storylines from 1 and 2 are every bit as much of 3 - maybe more so.

The Venom-Brock villain is conclusively dispatched, though the symbiote itself survives - so whatever hack is handed the series after Raimi leaves (taking Maguire and Dunst with him, no doubt) will be able to resurrect some kind of Venom villain.

Dark Spidey, as it were - Peter before he has overcome Venom - is the one who courts Gwen Stacey. Problems in the relationship with MJ, as well as professional issues - both as a photographer and crime-fighting webslinger, as it were - compound to bring him down. Real down. Even downer than last time. That's how Raimi, Sargent and co are using Venom - as a dramatic device to show Peter not just giving up on his great responsibility, but getting drunk on his great power.

Venom-Spidey fights some robbers, The Sandman and the Green Goblin before Peter dispels it in the bell-tower.

There are scenes inside Curt Connor's lab, where he studies the symbiote, and these scenes are also used to set up the research that will, in the character's story - though not in this movie - turn him into The Lizard. Take these teasing references more as tantalising morsels for the fanboy piranhas than concrete set-up for any subsequent film, however.

Spidey's fights with the Sandman not only take place in the Armoured Car chase so well covered on this blog (http://search.blogger.com/?q=spider-man+blogurl%3Afilmick.blogspot.com&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&x=31&y=2&scoring=d&ui=blg) (I was on set for much of the shooting) but also, I am told, in the subway. The final fight, the four-way rumble with Spidey, The Sandman, Venom and Harry as the Green Goblin, takes place in a construction site.

The extra villain that everybody has been speculating about makes only a fleeting appearance, and then only in a very off-hand but amusing way. Bruce Campbell's character this time around is Quentin Beck - known to fans of the comic as Mysterio. Again, don't take this as set-up for a subsequent film, but if anybody ever does put Mysterio in a film and NOT cast Bruce Campbell, they'll have hell to pay.

And of course, this also cleverly shines a new light on Campbell's two previous cameo appearances. Hilarious.

I can now confirm that the Black Cat does not make any significant appearance in the film, despite existing, on paper, in various earlier conceptions. She appears to have been removed for and replaced with Gwen Stacey. She was there for "Dark Peter" to romance, but Stacey was possibly considered a better choice as the franchise will need a new sweetheart now Dunst has made her intentions to depart clear.
(end highlight)