PDA

View Full Version : Hope for the Cruiserweight Divisions (Spoilers if you're anal)

Corkscrewed
02-25-2006, 12:24 AM
On SD tonight, Cole noted that Teddy Long is going to make Greg Helms defend his CW belt every week against a different challenger, in basically a one on one version of what happened on Sunday at No Way Out.

Cruisers on SD every week??? :eek: Isn't this what we've been asking for since the division was formed like four years ago? FINALLY they do it.

But good to see a renewed investment in the Cruisers.

Dorkchop
02-25-2006, 12:27 AM
yay for Smackdown and cruisers. I guess I missed that part though.

Super Crazy and Nunzio have a match on Velocity and the WWE has said it's already a possible match of the year candidtate. I can't watch it because my internet is crap right now. Has anyone watched it?

Corkscrewed
02-25-2006, 12:35 AM
It wasn't that good. They were doing the usual hype, except even more blatantly exaggerative than usual. It was really nothing special.

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Nunzio vs. Super Crazy had some moments of brilliance in it, but it wasn't a classic.

I like the way they're going through with the cruisers. I hope they do Greg Helms vs. Paul London next week. They could do some good shit and get the fans excited.

Fox
02-26-2006, 12:53 AM
They're definitely feeling the heat from TNA's X-Division.

Mr. JL
02-26-2006, 07:13 AM
The best cruiserweight match I have seen from the WWE was Billy Kidman V. Paul London at No Mercy 2004. It had the storyline, as well as two guys who could actually perform in front of the crowd, plus it was given time to build up.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-26-2006, 07:14 AM
WWE dropped the fucking ball with Taka :(

Spaceman Plancha = Ratings

PorkSoda
02-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Cruisers every week = :yes:

Cruisers with limited moves :nono:

Y3J
02-26-2006, 09:46 AM
IMO, the CW division is the most promising and has the most potential. All are very talented and can pull of, at least, a good match and all look like legitimate champions.

Mr. Nerfect
02-26-2006, 03:55 PM
I have these fantasies about Gregory Helms bringing back the Vertebreaker. Can you just imagine the crowd, having no idea what's coming.

Have Gregory Helms hit it on Paul London. Maybe have the piledriver ban cause the referee to disqualify Greg Helms. Have Michael Cole shoot off about how Helms doesn't care about winning, he's trying to eliminate he competition.

The next week, Helms defends against some random cruiserweight. He goes for the Vertebreaker again. Brian Kendrick is out, though, and he nails Helms and prevents the move from being hit (also giving Helms the DQ victory). Kendrick hits Helms with Sliced Bread #2, and then challenges Greg Helms in place of Paul London for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship at Saturday Night's Main Event.

The two have a nice match, which ends via disqualification (again) when Paul London runs in and attacks Helms, which causes some tension between London & Kendrick. Both Paul London & Brian Kendrick now want rematches with Gregory Helms, so Theodore Long announces that since there is already a Triple Threat Match for the Heavyweight Championship of the World, he's not going to pass Helms vs. London vs. Kendrick for Mania. He will however make it a Fatal Fourway to be determined via a tournament or something.

Have Jamie Noble earn the fourth spot, so we get Gregory Helms vs. Paul London vs. Brian Kendrick vs. Jamie Noble at WrestleMania for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

Mr. Nerfect
02-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Oh, and make the Vertebreaker legal, so Helms can hit the move (just for this match) without getting disqualified.

A nice spot could have someone take the Vertebreaker, then stay down for around five minutes with guys scrambling for the pin only to have it interrupted by someone. Selling the move as match-ending for around five minutes would really put over its effects.

Corkscrewed
02-26-2006, 08:52 PM
:y: :y:

Fryza
02-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Alienoid, I love you man.