PDA

View Full Version : It's official- The release date for Final Fantasy 7 advent children in the US

Splaya
02-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Advent Children gets US release date, voice cast

Final Fantasy movie comes to America on UMD and feature-packed DVD in late April; Rachael Leigh Cook, Mena Suvari join cast.
It's been a long time coming for North American fans of Final Fantasy, but the countdown can officially begin--home versions of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is coming to the US on April 25. The computer animated film based on the Square Enix franchise was previously released in theaters and on UMD and DVD in Japan, where it has sold hundreds of thousands of copies. The 101-minute film was directed by Tetsuya Nomura and Tekeshi Nozue and written by Kazushige Nojima.
The stars of the movie's English-language cast were also revealed today. Steve Burton, who gamers may know as the voice of Cloud Strife in the Kingdom Hearts games, was a lock to reprise the role of Cloud for the movie, but two Hollywood starlets will also become very familiar to FF fans soon. Rachael Leigh Cook (Josie and the Pussycats, She's All That) and Mena Suvari (American Beauty, Six Feet Under) will voice Tifa and Aerith, respectively, in both Advent Children and the upcoming PlayStation 2 game Kingdom Hearts II.
Those who can't decide between the DVD and the PSP-friendly UMD formats may want to opt for the DVD version. The 2-disc set features a bonus DVD with a story digest, deleted scenes, a "making of" featurette, and footage from the film's debut at the 2004 Venice Film Festival, as well as peeks of upcoming Final Fantasy VII-based games.
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is rated PG-13 and will retail for $26.96.

Print this Story (http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/finalfantasyviiadventchildren/news.html?sid=6144169&print=1)
By Tim Surette Posted Feb 13, 2006 10:54 am PT

Got this from Gamespot.com. The DVD is coming out April 26th. This is the key thing I noticed though and it's highlighted in bold. We knew about Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerebus. But could this be the first indication that the Final Fantasy 7 Tech Demo is not just a demo but possibly the recreation of FF7

Blitz
02-25-2006, 05:07 PM
About damn time.

CharismaInjection
02-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Now we need it in the UK!

Xero
02-25-2006, 06:51 PM
They really should throw in a re-release of FF7 on one PS2 disk.

Shaggy
03-01-2006, 08:26 PM
There is also a Final Fantasy 7 game set to come out on Mobile phones....I dont know the name of it...but its also referring to that...but yea...I would expect them to re-release FF7 soon with better graphics..

UmbrellaCorporation
03-01-2006, 09:03 PM
With the success of this (and it obviously WILL be successful), SE would be foolish not to re-release FF 7.

And I think the game you're talking about is called "Crisis Core". If I'm not mistaken, it revolves around the Turks, which means instant win. :D

Latino Rhys
03-02-2006, 04:23 AM
Actually I think the Turks game is called 'Before Crisis'

'Crisis Core' is about Zack I think.

Dan Electro
03-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Yeh, from what i hear the mobile game is going to impliment the camera on said phone, like as magic, if you take a pic of something red then it does fire magic, blue, ice magic and so on so forth, and yeah, its about the Turks, like your some new member trying to get up in rank or some shiz. sounds pretty damn nifty for a mobile game

CharismaInjection
03-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckf2sBCkgMI&search=mena%20

A preview of what the English voices will sound like for Aeris and Tifa.

CharismaInjection
03-04-2006, 11:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQLPBxkHDgg&search=kingdom%20hearts%20mtv

Another preview of Cloud's English Voice.