PDA

View Full Version : CORNETTE lol : he told us the problems in wrestling in 97 (video!)

The MAC
02-27-2006, 09:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-l2nOhtgeY&search=Jim%20Cornette

you tell em cornette!

Xero
02-27-2006, 09:39 AM
Was that the promo that sparked him bringing in the Midnight Express and the NWA tag titles?

Dave Youell
02-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Ok, you want to hear something about Jim? Here's a story from Jake The Snake, that I heard in person.

Back in the day, Jake, Jim and Vince used to be the bookers for Raw, it was 94 I think.

At the time Jim was in the middle of a divorce from his wife, it was disputed and went to court, the main part of the eveidence evolved around a sex tape he did with one of the birds he was shagging in which there were really weird S and M acts with the grand finale being........The bird putting Banana's up Cornette's Ass!

That's right, i'll type it again, she was putting banana's in his ass.

Once this got to Vince at the next booking meeting he arranged to have a wheelbarrow of Banana's brought into the meeting, Jim threw a fit and walked out.

And that is the Jim Cornette Banana up the ass incident

Y3J
02-27-2006, 10:28 AM
:rofl: @ Flying Donkeys

Xero
02-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Ok, you want to hear something about Jim? Here's a story from Jake The Snake, that I heard in person.

Back in the day, Jake, Jim and Vince used to be the bookers for Raw, it was 94 I think.

At the time Jim was in the middle of a divorce from his wife, it was disputed and went to court, the main part of the eveidence evolved around a sex tape he did with one of the birds he was shagging in which there were really weird S and M acts with the grand finale being........The bird putting Banana's up Cornette's Ass!

That's right, i'll type it again, she was putting banana's in his ass.

Once this got to Vince at the next booking meeting he arranged to have a wheelbarrow of Banana's brought into the meeting, Jim threw a fit and walked out.

And that is the Jim Cornette Banana up the ass incident
LOL

You must spread some Bananas around before stuffing them up Jim Cornette's Ass again.

McLegend
02-27-2006, 12:20 PM
LOL and then Shawn Michaels came out to the annonce table while Cornette was announcing with a banana.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Do wait, he wants real wrestling, yet says ECW stinks? I'm confused.

Xero
02-27-2006, 01:54 PM
He also mentions Mick Foley and Ric Flair as being greats. Flair must have been pissed. :shifty:

Kris P Lettus
02-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Why isn't this in the thread about the same topic that is also on the front page??

Pepsi Man
02-27-2006, 02:01 PM
ECW was viewed by many as garbage wrestling, and in truth, it did have the whole "extreme" personality. It wasn't uncommon for traditionalists to trash the hell out of ECW.

Batsu
02-27-2006, 02:57 PM
ECW was viewed by many as garbage wrestling, and in truth, it did have the whole "extreme" personality. It wasn't uncommon for traditionalists to trash the hell out of ECW.

The funny thing about it was, that despite the chair-breaking, Singapore caning, and foul language, ECW was more like traditional wrestling than the Big Two, especially WWE (which is why fans were turning their backs on them during the ascension of ECW)...WCW got a little of the hint and made their show more "real" with the nWo angle.

Loose Cannon
02-27-2006, 11:12 PM
I didn't click the video, but if that's the Cornette "rants" stuff, that was pretty gold. I think that was during the USWA vs ECW War, right?

Disturbed316
02-28-2006, 09:19 AM
:love:

YOUR Hero
02-28-2006, 09:47 AM
8 years on and everything has changed.

Wait

No it hasn't

Pepsi Man
02-28-2006, 01:08 PM
I didn't click the video, but if that's the Cornette "rants" stuff, that was pretty gold. I think that was during the USWA vs ECW War, right?
Nah, this was a little bit after most of that had slowed down.

The funny thing about it was, that despite the chair-breaking, Singapore caning, and foul language, ECW was more like traditional wrestling than the Big Two, especially WWE (which is why fans were turning their backs on them during the ascension of ECW)...WCW got a little of the hint and made their show more "real" with the nWo angle.
Like I said, I loved ECW as much as the next guy, but I don't see it as "traditional wrestling". You had guys using insane amounts of profanity, wrapping barbed wire around dildos, throwing fireballs at each other, and never getting disqualified.

I mean, come on. If you get past all the banned moves, the lackluster storylines, and the five minute repetitive matches, the WWE is a lot like traditional wrestling right now.