PDA

View Full Version : SNME Handicap Match (Spoilers)

tucsonspeed6
02-28-2006, 04:39 PM
The main event of SNME has been anounced: John Cena will tag with HHH to fight Smackdown's Champion (Angle), Rey Mysterio, and Orton in a handicap match.

The match sounds almost too good to be true, and in a way it is. It will obviously draw a lot of attention, and will probably draw a larger buy rate for WM, but somebody's got to lose. So the drawback of the match is that if it isn't booked right to the most minor of details, one headline match of WM will be buried by the other. The WWE bookers have to tread on thin ice to turn this match into gold (and not make it a stupid 'no contest' by emptying the lockerrooms for no reason.) So my challenge is to have all the armchair bookers out there book this match. Who gives the hot tags? How will it finish? That's up to you.

CharismaInjection
02-28-2006, 04:42 PM
I think it should end with one partner turning on the other.

For example:

HHH pedigrees Cena and walks out leaving the SD crew to pin him.
Orton catches Angle in an RKO, he also RKO's Rey and leaves them out.

Xero
02-28-2006, 04:45 PM
It really shouldn't end like this, but I have a feeling that it'll just turn into one big clusterfuck with everyone turning on their partners ending in a no-contest.

Mr. Nerfect
02-28-2006, 04:58 PM
I think it should end with one partner turning on the other.

For example:

HHH pedigrees Cena and walks out leaving the SD crew to pin him.
Orton catches Angle in an RKO, he also RKO's Rey and leaves them out.

I agree with this 100%.

Have some kind of stipulation put on the line where the winning team's match at WrestleMania gets to end the show, and the other is only a secondary main event. This is the kind of glory which could get Mysterio & Orton on the same page, as well as create some kind of reward for Triple H & Cena working together.

The match has Team RAW play the heels. They isolate either Mysterio or Angle, and work him over pretty good. They mention how the numbers advantage is destroyed if one member of Team SmackDown! can't get the tag. Eventually Mysterio/Angle does get the tag, to the babyface who is not being isolated. That babyface goes to town on Triple H, only for The Game to get ameasure of control. Triple H recovers slightly, only to get smacked in the jaw by John Cena with a chain. Angle/Mysterio covers, 1-2-3.

There is now heat between Triple H & John Cena, whilst Angle vs. Mysterio vs. Orton is now confirmed as WrestleMania 22's featured match.

tucsonspeed6
02-28-2006, 05:08 PM
All I'll say is this: I have a feeling that Chavo will play a part in the finish. I'd love to see a clean finish for this one though.

Actually, I take that back. What I really want to see is each partner showing off what he can do to his partners. Every man has at least one hot streak, but nobody wants to give up tags. Eventually enemies would begin saving their future foes for the sake of thier brands. Cena would save HHH from a near fall, Orton saves Mysterio. Then I'd book a spot where you see the in ring wrestlers nonverbally make a truce with thier future WM opponents, and suddenly, mid-match they go from being complete disasters to being clockwork tag teams. Book a few double and triple team moves leading up to some point where Orton's ready to give Cena the RKO. Chavo appears on the ramp, distracting Orton, and Cena gets a quick rollup. Post match, an angry Mysterio, and a frustrated Angle go after Orton, then each other. While watching the carnage, HHH decks Cena from behind, and we have an all out brawl, previewing WM for the folks at home.

The Basic match story is as follows: Awkward "strange bedfellows" tag match start, mid match truce, show the tags working together to show that each man on each team is an equal in wrestling ability and intelligence, a few double and triple team spots, end with the heel getting pinned quick and a post match brawl.

The brawl gives us a glimpse of the MEs of WM22, the finish isn't clean, but gives us a reason for the sudden team breakdown; Cena's guard is down, Mysterio fights for Eddie's honor, Angle is frustrated he lost the match, etc. Having the teams work well together shows that they are on the same level. What better way to build up a WM main event than to have two (or three) men who stand on equal ground. The interference will boost Chavo as a face (Screwing Orton for Eddie's honor) and because it ended with an interference, the Smackdown players won't necessarily get buried for losing a handicap match.

Corkscrewed
02-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Well, that was explained better than I could put it. :y:

FourFifty
02-28-2006, 07:59 PM
You'd think that with titles on the line at WM everyone in the match would want to take each other's heads before WM. I'd like to see one more thing added to the match...
The winning team gets the main event WM. Cena/HHH win it, then Cena/HHH gets the main event at WM. Randy/Rey/Kurt win it, they main event at WM. They could even use that as filler for a promo.

"Winning the title is what everyone in the locker room wants, but winning it on the last match of the card, the main event, what the world is waiting to see, I can put up with my team for one night so I have that night of glory. The Main Event at WM!"

In speaking of promos and spoilers, "I just won 50 bucks in a what Triple H is going to say pool" was funny as hell.

Dave Youell
03-01-2006, 03:36 AM
LOL! Better buy rates than Mania! LOL!

Bad Company
03-01-2006, 04:49 AM
Put Rey over Triple H, that way noone gets hurt.

Xero
03-01-2006, 07:56 AM
Nothing gets more buy rates for Mania except for an appearence by...

DAVE FUCKING YOUELL!

:shifty:

loopydate
03-01-2006, 02:17 PM

He actually said better buy rates for Mania.

DarkScorpion13
03-01-2006, 02:25 PM
I say have Ortan pin Cena and TripleH pin angle but only to have the pins broken up by Rey who decides to leave the ring with them all knocked out

Extreme Angle
03-01-2006, 02:31 PM
This is what i think:
match is going well Angle got triple h out for the count then chavo's music hits and he is holding something of ortons and runs...
Orton follows him and as Angle turns around he gets hit by a big pedigree and then pinned...