PDA

View Full Version : You Tell Me

DS
03-06-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm a firm believer that the best place for game content is from the players. So with that in mind I would like to know everything you can think of about the best and worst things in any FPS or RPG you have played. Also name some things you would like to see. This includes technical sides, gameplay, multiplayer, fight system, class system, leveling, etc.

I guess this would be your turn to make a game if you had the chance.

Kalyx triaD
03-07-2006, 10:44 AM
An age old discussion amongst gamers that can never end. I have a million thoughts on what to add and remove all genres. Me and Drakul cooked up an RPG concept codenamed: DraKalyx that had alot of conventions I want in an RPG. Stuff like freedom and customization; which is found almost primarily in American RPG (which supports my thought that US RPG's are the only real Role Playing Games).

I jotted a bunch of ideas down for FPS games at my old security job. That pad was good for something. Most of the ideas focused on the control scheme, based on conventional controllers. Certain ideas you may recognize:

Left Stick: Forward/backward, straffing. Hold forward (4 Secs) to initiate limited sprint.
Right Stick: Look up/down, turning. Double tapping right or left performs 180-Spin.
Pad Up: Team broadcast.
Pad Down: Private broadcast.
Pad Left: Double tap to change broadcast channels.
Pad Right: Double tap to change broadcast channels.
Face Button Up: Switch Weapons.
Face Button Down: Universal Interaction (You'll wanna open a door).
Face Buttom Left: Toss Ammo. Hold to Toss Weapon to comrade.
Face Button Right: Crouch. Hold to go Prone.
Left 'Trigger': Left Hand Actions.
Right 'Trigger': Shooting.
Left Button: Health Use. Hold button to 'Offer Health' to comrade.
Right Button: Reload. Hold to 'Offer Ammo' (of current weapon) to comrade.
"L3": Jump.
"R3": Melee Attack. Press in "Secret Rhythms" to unleash melee a weapon's secret combos.

My philosophy is that all the actions pertaining to actual combat the most are located in places you don't have to 'look for' during battle. It's not a problem to me but I've heard many complaints going back to certains actions being possible only at the dissuse of other actions. And some of the more original commands are related to team interaction.

DS
03-07-2006, 11:21 AM
I don't want to blatanly steal ideas from people I just want to get a good sense on what people are looking forward to most when they get a game and try not to leave anything out. That's what I'm looking for though so thank you.

Kalyx triaD
03-08-2006, 06:49 AM
I had no thought in my head that you were going to steal the control scheme.

When I get a game; I know what I'm getting into. I would've read so much previews on the game I could safely guess the type of game I was booting up. Essentially, I'd have a review in mind before I play it. 8/10 my thoughts are the same as the general public.

I wish that developers would stop being to underachieving in quality. SvsR06 is a prime example of odd game design. One second they'd do something awesome, and the next would be a perplexing bug or missing game feature. In short, I want consistancy.