PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania 22 looks like shit

John la Rock
03-10-2006, 09:16 PM
This will be the first wrestlemania that i will not be ordering since Wrestlemania 2000. The card looks damn awful:

Angle vs Orton vs Mysterio will be a good match but it is a Smackdown match at best. Orton and Mysterio in the Wrestlemania main-event? good god!

HHH vs Cena - Cena is not over enough to be in a main-event match. any match with Cena sucks. HHH has to carry the match At least Cena will get booed out of the building. hopefully HHH wins

Vince vs HBK - will only be good if Bret makes an appearance. This is the only possible Wrestlemania moment

Edge vs Foley - will only be a good match if Foley does some ridiculous bump (which he probably won't do)

Taker vs Henry - isn't Taker supposed to be 13-0 at Wrestlemania? yawn at this Velocity match

Money in the Bank - has potential but we've seen it last yearr? Why not RVD vs Benjamin in a Ladder Matach for the IC title? When was the last time the IC title was actually defended at a Wrestlemania anyways?

Tag Team Titles - another match that should be on free tv

Overall this Wrestlemania looks like it's going to be the worst Mania since 11. I really hope it turns out to be good so i can download it or rent it on DVD.

Xero
03-10-2006, 09:21 PM
I'll be buying it on DVD regardless (it's a tradition since 2000), but I think that something big is going to happen to counter-balance the shittyness.

Innovator
03-10-2006, 09:23 PM
I'll order it for the chance of a "We Want Jericho" chant

Xero
03-10-2006, 09:24 PM
*Lights go out just before MITB starts*

.............................. *BOOM* BREAK THE WALLS DOOOOOWWWWNNNNN!!!

*Huge pop*

:drool:

John la Rock
03-10-2006, 09:49 PM
that would be good. But it still makes Jericho a mid card player......Unless he wins

Jericho for TNA

Xero
03-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Well I thought it was IMPLIED that he'd win...

John la Rock
03-10-2006, 10:04 PM
oops forgot about Benoit vs JBL - another Smackdown match. and didn't Benoit main-event Wrestlemania XX? Why not Angle/Benoit or Benoit/Taker? stupid WWE

Loose Cannon
03-10-2006, 10:06 PM
yea, it sucks. Just save your money for all these awesome DVD's being produced.

Savio
03-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Triash vs Mickie they've been building it up for like 4 months so it'll be mildly interesting.

Corkscrewed
03-11-2006, 12:37 AM
Yeah, but unless they engage in a 15 minute session of hot, seductive, uncensored lesbian sex, it's not enough to really say "lets order this PPV!!"

loopydate
03-11-2006, 12:50 AM
oops forgot about Benoit vs JBL - another Smackdown match. and didn't Benoit main-event Wrestlemania XX? Why not Angle/Benoit or Benoit/Taker? stupid WWE

Because if we went by the logic that once someone has main-evented WrestleMania, they should never be farther down the card, the M.E.s at WM22 would be:

World Title - Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit vs. The Undertaker vs. John Bradshaw Layfield vs. Booker T

WWE Title - John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. The Big Show

Fox
03-11-2006, 12:53 AM
Triash vs Mickie they've been building it up for like 4 months so it'll be mildly interesting.

Isn't Candice Michelle challenging for the Women's Title at Mania?

Fox
03-11-2006, 12:56 AM
WrestleMania might not be that bad.

MITB will be good.

There's no fucking sumo match.

Possibility of seeing Mysterio walk away with the World Heavyweight Championship (something I've been waiting for since WCW teased a Mysterio win back in 99).

Cena/HHH will be interesting, if only for the crowd's reaction throughout (could rival Lesnar/Goldberg in terms of insanity, Chi town fans are nuts).

Maybe we'll get to see a good Intercontinental Title defense (Benjamin/Chavo maybe?) and a good Cruiserweight Title defense (Helms is owning).

Bret Hart is being inducted into the hall of fame.

Still, I'm not nearly half as hyped for WM 22 as I was for WM 21 or 20.

Skippord
03-11-2006, 01:06 AM
Shelton is in MITB

V
03-11-2006, 01:23 AM
this card would be shit even if it was for a "normal" payperview

darkpower
03-11-2006, 02:39 AM
This will be the first wrestlemania that i will not be ordering since Wrestlemania 2000. The card looks damn awful:

Angle vs Orton vs Mysterio will be a good match but it is a Smackdown match at best. Orton and Mysterio in the Wrestlemania main-event? good god!

HHH vs Cena - Cena is not over enough to be in a main-event match. any match with Cena sucks. HHH has to carry the match At least Cena will get booed out of the building. hopefully HHH wins

Vince vs HBK - will only be good if Bret makes an appearance. This is the only possible Wrestlemania moment

Edge vs Foley - will only be a good match if Foley does some ridiculous bump (which he probably won't do)

Taker vs Henry - isn't Taker supposed to be 13-0 at Wrestlemania? yawn at this Velocity match

Money in the Bank - has potential but we've seen it last yearr? Why not RVD vs Benjamin in a Ladder Matach for the IC title? When was the last time the IC title was actually defended at a Wrestlemania anyways?

Tag Team Titles - another match that should be on free tv

Overall this Wrestlemania looks like it's going to be the worst Mania since 11. I really hope it turns out to be good so i can download it or rent it on DVD.

Your post, while raises some points, is something that will be widly disagreed with.

For one, you say that the WM main event is a SmackDown main event at best, as that is supposed to be a BAD thing (I'm going on the assumption that you mean that SmackDown is the inferior show right now, and not what I probably should be thinking, that it would be a ME that would be on a SD show). And why shouldn't Mysterio have a chance at the title, or win it? That's something I never got. It would be somewhat of a change, even if it was only a transitional thing.

Secondly, you say that any match with Cena sucks, as if you know he'll suck in the particular match before the match even happens. Kind of unfair, don't you think? Yeah, I think Cena is stale as much as the next guy, but no one can deny that at times he's capable of putting on a damn good match without any additional help in his own sort of way. He's got a sort of Rock-style where he doesn't really have to use anything real traditional to put on a good show. As for HHH, yeah, maybe he should win, but wouldn't that mean we would have to sit through more 20 minute promos of him boring us to death? If it was my choice, he would never be champion EVER again, period.

The Vince/HBK thing you're right about. The Bret speculations are WIDLY debated on this board right now (did you see Joey Sluggs thread about how he's 110% certain Bret won't show up in any way at WM22). But that would be the only logical explination to where this thing is going, because at this point the feud has lost any point that it used to have, and it's instead just HBK and Vince having a match over nothing.

Taker/Henry should be interesting now that it's a casket match, if only for the nostalgia factor. The casket matches are always matches where Taker seems to do real well in, and is able to make us interested for whatever reason it seems to be.

Cuzziebro
03-11-2006, 03:03 AM
Me and Impact are going halves so it wont be a total waste of money in ordering the PPV. Hopefully Rey wins the title and i hope we get to see a bit of Hart even if he isnt wrestling.

CharismaInjection
03-11-2006, 04:53 AM
The build up this year has been terrible.

Azriel
03-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Hasn't Taker lost more casket matches than he's won though?

JH
03-11-2006, 09:37 AM
i'll be ordering it cause i wanna see the triple threat,MITB and Edge Vs Foley
also i think Benoit vs JBL could be good

Mr. JL
03-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Yes, I agree that Wrestle Mania 22 looks like shit. I won't be ordering it this year.

94 SVT Cobra
03-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Im really at a loss of what to do with this years mania, i wanna order it cause its mania, but i dont beacuse its going to suck horribly...worse then manias 9,11 and 13 combined

Jaton
03-11-2006, 02:42 PM
i'll be ordering it cause i wanna see the triple threat,MITB and Edge Vs Foley
also i think Benoit vs JBL could be good

I had a good idea. Why don't you come over on the night of WM and we can go half in ordering it? I'd hate to shell out 50 bucks for an inferior card, but I can't stand missing a WM. Besides, I have a 64 inch HDTV with surround sound. :cool:

flairwooo
03-11-2006, 02:56 PM
The only thing im looking forward too is bret hart being inducted into the hall of fame..oh and cena geting his ass booed out of the arena

oh and i hope to god that midget doesn't win the world heaveyweight title ..that's just wrong! I would rather see David arquette champ

Skippord
03-11-2006, 03:00 PM
oh and i hope to god that midget doesn't win the world heaveyweight title ..that's just wrong! I would rather see David arquette champ
Orton isnt a midget.

Vermaat
03-11-2006, 05:54 PM
ARE YOU JOKING?

John Cena is the best talent WWE has got since Austin, he is the new big face. There is no one better then Cena at being face in the WWE right now, Cena sells a lot of merchandise and has every tool. Cena is the new generation and HHH is the old generation, OUT with the OLD, in with the NEW I say and HHH better not win because Cena will be screwed then. He is WWE's newest big star.

Bret showing up being the only Wrestlemania moment? How about Mysterio winning the title! Finally, the biggest underdog does the biggest challenge ever and wins. Mysterio winning will be a bigger wreslemania moment that any other wrestlemania moments in the past few years.

Wrestlemania looks good if WWE books it right, it's a MAKE IT OR BREAK IT situation.

Xero
03-11-2006, 05:56 PM
For the love of God let this be a joke account...

Skippord
03-11-2006, 08:45 PM
ARE YOU JOKING?

John Cena is the best talent WWE has got since Austin, he is the new big face. There is no one better then Cena at being face in the WWE right now, Cena sells a lot of merchandise and is a tool.

Mr. Nerfect
03-11-2006, 09:14 PM
ARE YOU JOKING?

John Cena is the best talent WWE has got since Austin, he is the new big face. There is no one better then Cena at being face in the WWE right now, Cena sells a lot of merchandise and has every tool. Cena is the new generation and HHH is the old generation, OUT with the OLD, in with the NEW I say and HHH better not win because Cena will be screwed then. He is WWE's newest big star.

Bret showing up being the only Wrestlemania moment? How about Mysterio winning the title! Finally, the biggest underdog does the biggest challenge ever and wins. Mysterio winning will be a bigger wreslemania moment that any other wrestlemania moments in the past few years.

Wrestlemania looks good if WWE books it right, it's a MAKE IT OR BREAK IT situation.

No, Cena COULD be the WWE's big star, but unfortunately he is more vanilla than plain ice-cream at the moment. He needs edge, and he needs to beat Triple H at WrestleMania in some way that Triple H has never been beaten. I know some people may be against the idea, but I would love to see Cena get himself deliberately DQ'd in some kind of quasi-heel turn. Straight after the match have Cena say it doesn't matter what the fans think, it doesn't matter if he wins or loses, all that matters if that he is WWE Champion, something no one else in the world can lay claim to.

The WWE is asking for shit if they even think twice about putting the WWE Title match higher on the card than the World Heavyweight Title match.

WrestleMania 22 is not as bad as everyone says, but it is lacking a lot of components. I would love to see Rob Van Dam demand Shelton Benjamin put the IC Title on the line in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Have RVD mention that the last time the IC Title was defended at WrestleMania, was the Mania where RVD won the belt.

The Casket Match, as crappy as it may turn out, will draw people in. The Triple Threat should be a classic and MITB will be a high point (pun half-intended). Chris Jericho needs to make an appearance, and I definately like the US Title Match. They need to emphasise that Chris Benoit & JBL have both been in the main event at WrestleMania. Maybe some like "WrestleMania XX Main Eventer vs. WrestleMania 21 Main Eventer for the US Title at WrestleMania 22".

I hope they give good spots to MNM and Gregory Helms as well. I would actually like to see Helms in the MITB Ladder Match, and maybe MNM defending against Paul London & Brian Kendrick, The Mexicools and Jamie Noble & Kid Kash.

I think Shawn Michaels vs. Vince McMahon is a waste of time. The feud has been good, but it feels like it is trying too hard to be epic. They should have just set up a "passing the torch" match between Shawn Michaels and someone.

Eunos
03-11-2006, 09:41 PM
I agree it doesnt look like it's going to be the best Wrestlemania of all time.

The Triple Threat , MITB, Foley vs Edge have potential.

Not enough to get me excited, Feels like just a whole bunch of Matches thrown together.

Fox
03-11-2006, 11:30 PM
To anyone considering NOT ordering WrestleMania 22:

MICK FOLEY VS. EDGE IS GOING TO TEAR THE HOUSE DOWN.

Foley has a history of putting over wrestlers in ways that profoundly effect the wrestler's career henceforth.

He made The Undertaker into even more of a killer than he was before.
He put over Stone Cold Steve Austin many times during the 98-99 season.
He gave Triple H the utmost credibility prior to WrestleMania 2000 (two losses to The Game at Royal Rumble 00 and No Way Out 00 in two of the best matches of the year).
And who can forget what he did for Randy Orton? A clean pinfall victory at WrestleMania 20 AND that incredible street fight match at Backlash (it's too bad that they totally killed Orton's heel momentum by turning him face three months later).

Now we have Foley vs. Edge in a street fight. If the unbelievably brutal Orton/Foley street fight from Backlash is any indication, we're in for something special at WrestleMania 22.

That match alone is going to be worth the $35.

Boondock Saint
03-12-2006, 01:01 AM
Yeah it's like $55 cuz it's Mania.

RVDmark
03-12-2006, 05:22 AM
RVD should win the MITB open the briefcase and say "I now have the my chance with the title" and holds up the ECW title. Make it 24/7 and ah you see this is where it falls down. RVD would be in the spotlight, It would be a different storyline to go with, no-one is expecting it. Sorry it wont happen I'm off now ;)

Impact!
03-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Me and Impact are going halves so it wont be a total waste of money in ordering the PPV. Hopefully Rey wins the title and i hope we get to see a bit of Hart even if he isnt wrestling.
:D :y:

McLegend
03-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Even though the card does look terrible I bet it's going to surprise everyone and be pretty good.

John la Rock
03-12-2006, 07:29 PM
The build up this year has been terrible.

I think that is the main-reason why I won't be ordering the show

Londoner
03-13-2006, 07:43 AM
I'm going to order this because this show is going to decide whether I watch WWE in future or not.If it's shit, then I doubt i'll be watching WWE much anymore.Well maybe Smackdown but definately not Raw.