PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlers with glasses...

Xero
03-11-2006, 07:33 AM
I was wondering, do wrestlers who wear glasses wear contacts to the ring? I would imagine that at least some do, because I, personally, can't see shit without my glasses. I'm just thinking about them losing their contacts during the match.

So yeah, do wrestlers wear contacts in matches?

redoneja
03-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Yes, I'm pretty sure they do. I remember Tommy Dreamer telling a story once where his contact got pushed up behind his eye in a match and had to be surgically removed. I also assume that Arn Anderson had to wear contacts during match, seeing as how he wore his glasses some during promos and such.

Volchok
03-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Yeah they wear contacts.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Unless you're Stan Hansen :)

Kane Knight
03-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Yes, I'm pretty sure they do. I remember Tommy Dreamer telling a story once where his contact got pushed up behind his eye in a match and had to be surgically removed. I also assume that Arn Anderson had to wear contacts during match, seeing as how he wore his glasses some during promos and such.

Trying to figure out how that even works.

Xero
03-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Poker: Almost done... *SQUISH*

Contact wearer: WOO! I can see my brain! Now pull it out.

Poke: .........I can't...

Contact wearer: Uh oh...

redoneja
03-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Trying to figure out how that even works.

I wear contacts and I've had this happen to me. What happens is the contact moves up the eye, under the eye socket and when the person blinks and shuts their eye(which is a natural reaction) the contact starts to slip behind the eye. The easiest way to get it back down(unless its completely behind the eye) is to hold your eyelid open and attempt to blink.

Evolution
03-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Ouch.

Kane, Mysterio and Viscera all wear contacts. Imagine if that happened to them on live TV...

Oh the hilarity!

Lord-Of-Darkness
03-13-2006, 02:34 PM
I know RVD wears glasses, so with the moveset he uses I'm pretty certain he must use contacts

TerranRich
03-14-2006, 11:15 AM
I wear contacts and I've had this happen to me. What happens is the contact moves up the eye, under the eye socket and when the person blinks and shuts their eye(which is a natural reaction) the contact starts to slip behind the eye. The easiest way to get it back down(unless its completely behind the eye) is to hold your eyelid open and attempt to blink.
From what I've read it is physically impossible for the contact to be stuck BEHIND the eyeball because of the conjuctiva membrane. This happened to me once before I knew that it was impossible to be stuck, and I neraly freaked out. :lol:

:'(

Kane Knight
03-14-2006, 11:10 PM

JEsus. I've been wearing them for 9 years and never had anything happen even remotely close to that, nor heard of it.

Kane Knight
03-14-2006, 11:12 PM
I know RVD wears glasses, so with the moveset he uses I'm pretty certain he must use contacts

Not necessarily.

I used to play baseball, and needed glasses only for things like reading long distance. Nowadays, I can only see about 8 inches from my face without corrective lenses, but he doesn't need to be as nearsighted as me. HE might only need them for reading, need them for driving, or some shit like that.

Skippord
03-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Are they dark sunglasses that hide his eyes

Skippord
03-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Cause in that case they may not be for vision

Kane Knight
03-15-2006, 10:05 PM
I like to "wrestle" my friends in thick glasses. :naughty:

Y3J
03-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Rob Conway used to wrestle with glasses.

Skippord
03-15-2006, 11:39 PM
Trying to figure why my life is so meaningless and why god wont let me die when I cut my wrists.

Kane Knight
03-15-2006, 11:44 PM
CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

Lord-Of-Darkness
03-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Not necessarily.

I used to play baseball, and needed glasses only for things like reading long distance. Nowadays, I can only see about 8 inches from my face without corrective lenses, but he doesn't need to be as nearsighted as me. HE might only need them for reading, need them for driving, or some shit like that.

You always see him wearing them at press conferences etc. So I just assumed he wore them on a regular basis

Skippord
03-16-2006, 02:40 PM
I TEAAR MY HEAAAAAAAAAART OOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Volchok
03-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Sometimes people wear glasses to make themselves look smart, I've never had a contact go behind my eye, they usually just fold in my eye which sucks..

Kane Knight
03-17-2006, 12:04 AM
You always see him wearing them at press conferences etc. So I just assumed he wore them on a regular basis

I can't see I've always seen him wearing them though.

And even if he does, he still might not need them for wrestling.

RVDmark
03-24-2006, 07:02 AM
Does Mysterio wear conatcts for his sight or just to make his eyes look weird?

Aussie Skier
03-25-2006, 12:56 AM
curiously,can any1 get contacts?

I have glasses, but I am kinda curious about whether or not I could get contacts

Kane Knight
03-25-2006, 01:46 AM
Anyone can get them, but you might not be able to wear 'em.

Skyler
03-25-2006, 05:22 PM
unless you have a really bad astigmatisum like i do then your outa luck. my eyes are so bad they can't figure out how bad they are with out making me go to this special eye doctor with this fancy lab.

Kane Knight
03-25-2006, 07:12 PM
LOL. Astigmatisms suck.

Mine got better apparently...:wtf:

Skyler
03-26-2006, 07:53 PM
yeah mine should get better to sometime

Volchok
03-26-2006, 10:30 PM
I wear contacts.. I get yelled at because I never take them out, Yet whenever I do I scratch my eye.

Kane Knight
03-26-2006, 11:58 PM
I wear contacts.. I get yelled at because I never take them out, Yet whenever I do I scratch my eye.

Since I got new contacts, they've bugged me if I wear ém for more than 6 hours.