PDA

View Full Version : Hills have eyes

Crimson
03-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Saw it..it's better than I anticipated, mostly because it showed a lot of gory scenes, and Im sick like that. It had it's hollywood ending as you expect but until that point really, this movie kicks ass.

Crimson
03-11-2006, 04:52 PM
They also showed a trailer for the devil's 6-6-06 movie...hope it's a decent one!

Champion of Europa
03-11-2006, 11:10 PM
I thought it was bad ass.

Boondock Saint
03-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Seeing it in a bit. Can't wait. Have heard great things.

Boondock Saint
03-11-2006, 11:34 PM
They also showed a trailer for the devil's 6-6-06 movie...hope it's a decent one!

You mean The Omen remake? Prolly gonna suck ass.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-12-2006, 12:13 AM
I need to start directing movies. My ending would have been much better.

********SPOILERS. HIGHLIGHT TO READ********

Instead of having the camera switch back to the "binocular view" at the end, I would have just had the cameras pan back to show vultures circling in the air above the survivors.*******END*******

Anywho, besides that, I think it was a pretty good movie, minus a few things.

Boondock Saint
03-12-2006, 12:49 AM
lol Fell asleep, won't be seeing this tonight.

Blitz
03-12-2006, 01:17 AM
It wasn't bad. Aaron Stanford ws pretty badass.

Dunno about the tag line, "The Lucky Ones Die First". (Spoilers-I don't consider being tied to a tree and burned alive "lucky")

94 SVT Cobra
03-12-2006, 12:09 PM
It was a crazy ass movie that was surprisingly good and worth the money i paid, fucking twisted as hell

UmbrellaCorporation
03-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Yeah, this was really great. REALLY, REALLY great.

Next on my list of movies to see is "Slither". Looks like a parody, but the commercial still gave me the creeps a little bit.

[b] [/b]
03-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Horrible remake. When is Hollywood going to wake up and create original, scary movies once again?

The Greater Power
03-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Yeah I totally loved it, Aja's is a great director. This was NOT as gory as his other movie, High Tension, but still awesome.

I kept picturing myself in the movie wondering how it would feel to be the family.

94 SVT Cobra
03-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Im tryin to find a damn torrent for this movie it was that good

Skippord
03-12-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm terrified of the commercial so I wont be seeing that

Crimson
03-12-2006, 05:01 PM
You mean The Omen remake? Prolly gonna suck ass.

Yea, I jus found out it's a remake of the Omen? :( Woulda been cool if someone made up their own shit with that storyline. Someone that doesn't suck.

Ninti the Mad
03-18-2006, 02:21 AM
I need to start directing movies. My ending would have been much better.

********SPOILERS. HIGHLIGHT TO READ********

Instead of having the camera switch back to the "binocular view" at the end, I would have just had the cameras pan back to show vultures circling in the air above the survivors.*******END*******

Anywho, besides that, I think it was a pretty good movie, minus a few things.

Why would they show vultures hovering above them when the gas station is 8 miles away with plenty of food and water to last awhile AND a car that can probably be turned on. The ending was fine.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-18-2006, 02:34 AM
Why would they show vultures hovering above them when the gas station is 8 miles away with plenty of food and water to last awhile AND a car that can probably be turned on. The ending was fine.

Vultures circling something as they are waiting for it to die ;)

It would have been more ominous, cooler, and original, as opposed to the fucking cliche "Oh look, the evil things are still alive/around"

Both endings would imply that it's not over/ the survivors are going to die. Mine's just cooler.

Ninti the Mad
03-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Vultures circling something as they are waiting for it to die ;)

It would have been more ominous, cooler, and original, as opposed to the fucking cliche "Oh look, the evil things are still alive/around"

Both endings would imply that it's not over/ the survivors are going to die. Mine's just cooler.

I dunno. I think vultures are pretty cliche myself. Its the ultimate symbol for impending death. I liked the lens at the end because even though it doesnt directly mean the survivors are going to get attacked, it means that there resistance meant nothing and shit will keep happening to others. It makes their tribulation that much more worthless.

But hey... thats what opinions are for!

BCWWF
03-19-2006, 03:30 AM
I don't get how people think this is a good movie. I wanted to see a movie this week and chose this one because it looked the best of all the bad ones out there and it got 4/5 stars on moviefone.com.

It was awful. The characters weren't personable, the acting was bad, the story was slow and inconclusive, I can go on. I am all up for a bad movie that is cool because of special effects of revenge (something like War of the Worlds), but this movie really had little good to it besides that girl tanning in her bra.

By the way, did you know she is 24 years old?

BCWWF
03-19-2006, 03:36 AM
Also, IMDB is losing it's credibility fast. The voters gave it 6.6/10. Just looking through my movies and comparing some of their other votes.

American Pie 6.8
Anchorman 6.5
D2: The Mighty Ducks 4.8
Legends of the Fall 6.8
The Patriot 6.7
Robinhood Prince of Thieves 6.5
A River Runs Through It 7.0
Dodgeball 6.6

All of those movies, as different as they are, are better made and more entertaining than Hills Have Eyes. I voted it as 2.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-19-2006, 03:38 AM
I dunno. I think vultures are pretty cliche myself. Its the ultimate symbol for impending death. I liked the lens at the end because even though it doesnt directly mean the survivors are going to get attacked, it means that there resistance meant nothing and shit will keep happening to others. It makes their tribulation that much more worthless.

But hey... thats what opinions are for!

Yeah, seriously. To each their own. I've never actually a movie end w/ vultures circling that I can think of though. It seems like nearly all horror movies end with the "Oh dear, the villan is still alive" shot. It's done in different ways, but the idea itself seems played out IMO.

I wonder what the first movie to do that was?

Also, I'm surprised no one does a modern day offshoot of "I am Legend."

Gonzo
03-19-2006, 04:47 AM
Dunno, I always come away from these types of movies thinking how fucked up and deranged they are. This pretty much lived up to that.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Also, I'm surprised no one does a modern day offshoot of "I am Legend."

Nevermind.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480249/

Boondock Saint
03-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Also, IMDB is losing it's credibility fast.

IMDB had credibility?

BCWWF
03-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Yes

Lara Emily
03-21-2006, 03:42 AM
[...]

All of those movies, as different as they are, are better made and more entertaining than Hills Have Eyes. I voted it as 2.

Good for you?

Lara Emily
03-21-2006, 03:43 AM
Yes

Not really.

BCWWF
03-21-2006, 08:40 PM
It's already gone down to 6.6 since the other night.

Lara Emily talking?

Kris P Lettus
03-21-2006, 08:43 PM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42395

Bitches..

Lara Emily
03-22-2006, 03:16 AM
It's already gone down to 6.6 since the other night.

Lara Emily talking?
I know you are making an attempt to copy my response style but at least try and make sense next time.

Very few movies are worthy of a 2 out of 10. Hills have Eyes certainly is not one of them. For a recent horror film Hills Have Eyes was one of the best

Lara Emily
03-22-2006, 03:22 AM
I don't get how people think this is a good movie. I wanted to see a movie this week and chose this one because it looked the best of all the bad ones out there and it got 4/5 stars on moviefone.com.

It was awful. The characters weren't personable, the acting was bad, the story was slow and inconclusive, I can go on. I am all up for a bad movie that is cool because of special effects of revenge (something like War of the Worlds), but this movie really had little good to it besides that girl tanning in her bra.

By the way, did you know she is 24 years old?

oh and not all films have to/should have completely close-ended endings. Also what exactly are special effects of revenge?

Seriously I have no problem with you disliking the film, but your criticisms are hardly what I would call well thought out.

Rob
03-22-2006, 02:16 PM
I thought BCWWF was being too nice.

This movie is absolute garbage. Easy one of the worst 3 movies I have seen in the last 5 years. I didn't think anything would top that Emily Rose nonsense but this beat it out the park. Not a single good thing about this film.

James Steele
03-26-2006, 01:57 AM
I liked it. It wasn't a good horror movie by any means, but it was a great way to spend 2 hours. I also found out that I want to own an axe.

BCWWF
03-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Just because they spend a lot of money on it doesn't mean that it deserves more than a two.

Jalapeņo
03-27-2006, 06:37 PM
meh, Pyro

Fox
04-02-2006, 02:23 PM
I enjoyed it.

The whole concept of the family/teen group getting stuck in the middle of nowhere and attacked by a deranged family has grown pretty thin, but I thought The Hills Have Eyes tried hard not to do the same things everyone else does.

I loved the feeling of revenge when that dorky cellphone guy started killing the mutants. Everything after he left the two kids to get his baby back was brilliantly paced and very, very intense at points.

Lara Emily
04-03-2006, 02:16 AM
Just because they spend a lot of money on it doesn't mean that it deserves more than a two.

Who the fuck mentioned anything about the movie's budget?

The Mackem
04-03-2006, 07:45 AM
I was shit scared up to a certain point. I'm not too sure what the gas station owner's relation to all the mutants and why he was helping them was all about though. Can anyone explain?

The Naitch
04-07-2006, 04:20 PM
lol the best part was the rape scene