PDA

View Full Version : RATE - Wrestlemania 2

Eunos
03-12-2006, 09:31 PM
So the baby that Started it all Scores an 81.3.. Not Bad but it could have been better.

So today it is the Second ever Wrestlemania.
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Headers/wrestlemania2banner

And here is what went down. If these are spoilers for you than it's your tough shit,,, youve had 20 years to check it out :p
Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff vs. "Magnificent" Don Muraco w/ Mr. Fuji went to a double countout

Intercontinental Championship
Randy "Macho Man" Savage w/ Elizabeth def. George “The Animal” Steele to retain his title

Jake “The Snake” Roberts def. George Wells

Boxing Match
Mr. T w/ Joe Frazier and the Haiti Kid def. “Rowdy” Roddy Piper w/ Cowboy Bob Orton by DQ

Women’s Championship
Fabulous Moolah def. Velvet McIntyre to become new champion

Flag Match
Corporal Kirchner def. Nikolai Volkoff w/ Classy Freddie Blassie

WWE and NFL Battle Royal
Andre the Giant def. Jimbo Covert (Chicago Bears), Pedro Morales, Tony Atlas, Ted Arcidi, Harvey Martin (Dallas Cowboys), Dan Spivey, Hillbilly Jim, King Tonga, Iron Sheik, Ernie Holmes (Pittsburgh Steelers), Big John Studd, B. Brian Blair, Jumpin’ Jim Brunzell, Bill Fralic (Atlanta Falcons), Bret “Hit Man” Hart, Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart, Russ Francis (San Francisco 49ers), Bruno Sammartino and William “Refrigerator” Perry (Chicago Bears)

World Tag Team Championship
The British Bulldogs w/ Captain Lou Albano and Ozzy Osbourne def. The Dream Team, Brutus Beefcake & Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, w/ Luscious Johnny Valiant to become new champions

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat def. Hercules

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/ Jimmy Hart def. Uncle Elmer

Terry & Hoss Funk w/ Jimmy Hart def. Tito Santana & Junkyard Dog

Main Event: WWE Championship Steel Cage Match
Hulk Hogan def. King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby “The Brain” Heenan to retain
------------------------------------------------------
What did you think off WM2?.. Rate

WM rating History
Wrestlemania 1: 81.3

Eunos
03-12-2006, 09:34 PM

Bulldogs vs Valetine/Beefcake was the best match of the card IMHO

I also enjoyed the Battle Royal.

But Overall was pretty weak. I didnt like the idea of it being held in 3 different places either

And what the hell was Uncle Elmer vs Adrian Adonis all about?

mrslackalack
03-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Yeah I enjoyed the tag team match for a WWF match it was quite long for its day at almost 14 minutes and I liked the battle royal as well. Funks vs. Tito and JYD was not that bad as well. I give WM 2 overall a 5.

D Mac
03-12-2006, 11:36 PM

Destor
03-13-2006, 12:20 AM
2. I am not even going to comment on how much I hated that show.

The Show Off
03-13-2006, 12:44 AM
5 out of 10

Wrestlemania 2 was an example of how a good concept can go horribly wrong. The idea of having three locations host Wrestlemania is pretty innovative and it would have been good except for one really big problem, the play by play and color commentating was god awful. Every single announce team just made you want to blow your brains out. It was so bad that it distracted you from the matches, which weren't good enough to shine above the terrible commentary.

--Orndorff/Muraco could have been good, but it was given absolutly too little time.
--Savage/Steele also could have been good but it was given too little time to develop.
--Roberts/Wells nothing special at all, it would be a boring dark match.
--Mr. T/Piper was the best non-wrestling match in Wrestlemania History. It was nice to see these two actually put across a good storyline despite the fact they had to somewhat legitimatly box. It was entertaining for the fact of Piper selling it.
--Moolah/Velvet they would have been better served for Moolah to just walk in the ring hold up the belt and leave. This match served no purpose
--Kirchner/Volkoff was awful.
--WWF/NFL Battle Royal was a pretty bad Battle Royal, the only excitment was the crowd getting into William Perry, who should have been the last man in the ring for Andre to throw out.
--Bulldogs/Dream Team pretty good match, still one of the best tag matches in Wrestlemania history, all four men nearly stole the show.
--Steamboat/Hercules was average.
--Adonis/Elmer, I've seen gay sex more competitive then this match. The only excitment was to see who would have a heart attack first, unfortunatly for the fans neither did.
--Funks/Santana & JYD was alright, The Funks carried the match.
--Hogan/Bundy a pretty good main event, was the best match in the whole show, but still not good enough to warrent a main event. You never really believed Bundy would win.

FakeLaser
03-13-2006, 12:46 AM

One of the weakest cards in WM history.

redoneja
03-13-2006, 12:56 AM

Astley316
03-13-2006, 12:56 AM

Dave Youell
03-13-2006, 03:20 AM
3, fucking terrible.

Trying to run out of 3 places at the same time was a mistake

Cuzziebro
03-13-2006, 06:12 AM
4, No comment

Londoner
03-13-2006, 07:05 AM
What's all this 3 places at the same time stuff about?Seems like a shit show just by reading the 'spoilers' though.

Cruiserweight 3:16
03-13-2006, 07:10 AM
0 - it was a terrible event. Worst Wrestlemania ever

Loose Cannon
03-13-2006, 07:41 PM
not the best, but it's old school and I'm a mark for old school

XL
03-13-2006, 08:01 PM
What's all this 3 places at the same time stuff about?Seems like a shit show just by reading the 'spoilers' though.
WM2 was held at three different arenas across America. One of which was Chicago, I don't recall the other two but I'm sure if you use that new shit they're calling the "internet" you could find out!

I have WM2 on video and is kinda poor.