PDA

View Full Version : WrestleMania 23 and beyond (yes, I'm getting ahead of myself)

NeanderCarl
03-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Looking back at the concept for WrestleMania 2, does anyone else think that by next year we could be looking at a Raw location and a SmackDown location for WrestleMania shows. WM always sells out the big arenas anyway, so why not sell out two in one night!

With all of Raw's matches and segments emanating from, say MSG, and all of SmackDown's coming from maybe Toronto... and of course the fans in the arenas would be kept entertained during the other brand's matches by having the WWE show the alternate location's matches on the TitanTron screens.

Just an idea. WM2 was a bit of a mess, but with the brand split, I think it could well work this time around. What does anyone else think?

Loose Cannon
03-14-2006, 08:46 PM
no, the only thing I find entertaining with these big shows now and days is seeing Smackdown and Raw interact with each other.

NeanderCarl
03-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Well they could still have their interpromotional matches... say two interpromotional matches, one at each arena.

The One
03-14-2006, 09:21 PM
It didn't work in 1986...I doubt it would work in 2006. Well actually you're right there would be sell out in both arena, but undoubtedly history would look at it as a complete mess much like the before mentioned mess of Mania 2.

Jordan
03-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Haha that would be interesting... especially if they got two arena right next to each other... I like the idea myself... I like it a lot.

Xero
03-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Haha that would be interesting... especially if they got two arena right next to each other... I like the idea myself... I like it a lot.
And then have one of the wrestlers say he's going to invade and have him take like 2 hours to get across the street.

How about have RAW at MSG and have SmackDown! in the theater at MSG? :shifty:

V
03-14-2006, 10:31 PM
terrible idea imo, cuz of what LC said

NeanderCarl
03-14-2006, 11:48 PM
I realy don't think it would be a WM2 style mess, because each show has it's own crew, it's own roster, it's own main eventers, it's own assigned commentary teams... what they did back in 1986 would be tantamount in today's terms to running an episode of Raw from 3 different arenas. You are overstretched in every single department.

However with the two distinctive brands, both used to running individual shows, I could see this scenario working.

And not only that, but TWO WrestleMania gates in one night!!! On top of your usual huge PPV buys. That would be BIG money. My God, I must be a business genius! If Vince ever does this, he owes me royalties for coming up with the idea! :D

V
03-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Yes the brands are split, distinct, seperate, etc.

And that's what makes Royal Rumble / Wrestlemania / Summerslam / Survivor Series special, you get to see the 2 brands in one arena, where anything can happen with any wrestlers from the 2 brands

ESPECIALLY at Wrestlemania. This is a bad example, but I would love to see Kane come in and help Taker chokeslam mark henry because he's too heavy for Taker to do it alone. But it limits things like that, that could happen if they are in seperate arenas.