PDA

View Full Version : Money in the Bank (spoilers)

Fox
03-16-2006, 01:02 AM
So, here's the current line-up for WrestleMania 22's Money in the Bank Ladder Match:

RAW: Shelton Benjamin, Rob Van Dam, Ric Flair
Smackdown: Matt Hardy, Fit Finlay, ???

Compared to last year's line-up of Benoit, Edge, Benjamin, Christian, Jericho and Kane, this year's Money in the Bank match looks like its going to be shit.

Ric Flair? Sure he did okay in the TLC a few weeks ago, but Edge carried that match like the skinny, pathetic bell-hop at Super 8 who you force to haul all your shit up the stairs ("I'm afraid of elevators") and then you don't tip him at the door; i.e. like a bitch. Flair in a ladder match? For a title shot none-the-less? Whatever happened to MITB being about new guys getting an opportunity?

Fit Finlay? Okay, I'm sorry, but this shit has gone on long enough. Fuck Fit Finlay, he does not belong in a Money in the Bank Ladder Match.

The only saving grace is going to be if RVD wins and takes the belt off Triple H at One Night Stand 2.

Mr. JL
03-16-2006, 01:09 AM
Yeah, the ECW fans are going to love watching RVD hold up a WWE title. :roll:

Nowhere Man
03-16-2006, 01:11 AM
RVD, Shelton Benjamin, and (especially) Matt Hardy have all proven themselves to be experts at putting on awesome ladder matches. I disagree with putting Flair and Finlay in a match intended for high-flyers (though Kane was in last year's and it was fine), but the other three are more than enough to make this at least worth checking out.

Mr. JL
03-16-2006, 01:13 AM
Sorry to be an asshole... I've just had a bad day. I do agree with everything else you said/

Favre4Ever
03-16-2006, 02:05 AM
Paul London would be an awesome addition to the match.

Funky Fly
03-16-2006, 03:31 AM
Indeed. Throw him in there for good measure.

Lashley's probably going to get the last spot, but who knows? He might be good at ladder matches.

D Mac
03-16-2006, 03:37 AM
Boogeyman baby.

RP
03-16-2006, 03:38 AM
What story lines are Chris Benoit and JBL stuck in? Why arent they in this match? JBL would make this match gold. JBL and Flair need to have a stable.

The One
03-16-2006, 03:42 AM
Benoit and JBL are fighting for the US Title.

RP
03-16-2006, 03:55 AM
O...

RP
03-16-2006, 03:56 AM
Bob Backlund

The One
03-16-2006, 04:00 AM
How do you think Mr. Backlund will do in the 2008 Presidential Election?

RP
03-16-2006, 04:02 AM
stfu

By that i mean " WOW no way! "

Tornado
03-16-2006, 04:50 AM
Pirate Paul Burchill

Mr. Nerfect
03-16-2006, 05:01 AM
The Money in the Bank Ladder Match would work great with one "non-traditional" Ladder Match competitor, they had that last year with Kane and now this year with Ric Flair. Now they also have Finlay. Yawn. Bad booking decision, IMO.

Rob Van Dam & Shelton Benjamin from RAW are fine. I'd have Flair removed somehow. Have Vince McMahon send him into a match with Ric Flair, where if Flair doesn't win he loses his spot in the match, and if HBk doesn't win, he is forced to retire or something. Just make it a Retirement Match, that gets the point across. HBK wins when Shelton Benjamin runs in and hits Flair with the IC Title, forcing Flair to retire from active competition. Flair then returns as a manager, with Charlie Haas in tow, and Haas takes Flair's spot in MITB.

On SmackDown!, I think Matt Hardy needs to back his win up. Have Hardy defend it against The Gymini in a Handicap Match or something. The Gymini are still green, and they're out of the tag title picture, so having them job in a Handicap Match would really do some good for Hardy, making him look like main event material again. Finlay defends his spot as well, but loses it to Paul Burchill, who he doesn't take seriously, but gets his ass kicked by.

The final spot in MITB goes to Paul London when he beats Gregory Helms for the Cruiserweight Title, and Theodore Long puts the CW Champ in there to cancel out the IC Champ.

So you end up with Rob Van Dam, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas from RAW, and Matt Hardy, Paul Burchill & Paul London from SmackDown!. Ric Flair boosts interest in the match, and you have two Champions in there. Matt Hardy & Benjamin have competed in MITB before (at WrestleMania 21 and on the USA Network re-debut show respectively). I think it would work.

Pinnacle Charisma
03-16-2006, 05:26 AM
The only ones that should be in there are Shelton and RVD.

Favre4Ever
03-16-2006, 07:41 AM
I've still got a feeling that Flair is going to take it.

94 SVT Cobra
03-16-2006, 08:43 AM
I've still got a feeling that Flair is going to take it.

If that happens, which ive envisioned myself, its my offical "okay, stop watching wrestling" button.

Lord-Of-Darkness
03-16-2006, 10:27 AM
The Money in the Bank Ladder Match would work great with one "non-traditional" Ladder Match competitor, they had that last year with Kane

I know I'm being picky, but Kane wasn't 'as such' a non-traditional ladder match competitior. If you remember they had him win the 3 team tag title TLC match on Raw in 2002 on his own ;)

tucsonspeed6
03-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Whatever happened to MITB being about new guys getting an opportunity?

You can't tell what a match is "about" when there's only been one. If the first ladder match had a million submission moves in it, would all ladder matches be about submissions?

Lord-Of-Darkness
03-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Like tusconspeed said. But as well as that, not all of the competitors last year were 'new guys'. With the exception of Shelton, all of them have been around for a fair while. Hell, 3 of them (Jericho, Benoit, and Kane) were former World champions. Its like saying the Royal Rumble is an oppertunity for a new guy. When its almost every year(recently with the exception of Batista) its been a guy thats been around for a while thats won.

Stickman
03-16-2006, 12:35 PM
If that happens, which ive envisioned myself, its my offical "okay, stop watching wrestling" button.

We all know that button is just for show and doesn't work.

V
03-16-2006, 12:52 PM
last years line up, i could imagine each of them winning the match

this year i can't see anyone but RVD winning it, which makes the match boring since you pretty much know the outcome. well i haven't been watching smackdown but i don't think they'll give it to hardy, that is for sure

carlito and masters should have been in this match imo

Afterlife
03-16-2006, 01:02 PM
I know I'm being picky, but Kane wasn't 'as such' a non-traditional ladder match competitior. If you remember they had him win the 3 team tag title TLC match on Raw in 2002 on his own ;)

Since we're being picky, doing something once doesn't make it a tradition. And Kane is, as a wrestling style, not the high-flying super-speed type of guy that goes for ladder matches. So a ladder match, for him, his not "traditional" even in theory.

Just to be picky. ;)

Fox
03-16-2006, 01:22 PM
You can't tell what a match is "about" when there's only been one. If the first ladder match had a million submission moves in it, would all ladder matches be about submissions?

Okay, maybe it was never flatly stated by one of the mealy mouthed WWE announcers that: "Money in the bank is the foot in the door for any up and coming WWE Superstar!"

But look at last year's concept: six of RAW's youngest and best fighting it out in a ladder match for a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. Kane, Jericho and Benoit had all won the World Title before, but each of their reigns was lack luster. Benjamin, Edge and Christian were all upper-midcarders at the time, and the MITB match actually did propel Edge to main event stardom and huge ratings.

This year we've got Finlay and Ric Flair in it. The simple addition of those two makes the match seem less exciting. Nobody wants to see Fit Finlay or Ric Flair get a World Title shot - not on TV, not on PPV. This match should be reserved for those ready to break into the main event spotlight, but instead they've given two of the prestigious spots to a couple of washed up old veterans.

That's my gripe.

The One
03-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Nobody wants to see Fit Finlay or Ric Flair get a World Title shot - not on TV, not on PPV.

I want to see Flair get a World Title shot. Anyone who watched the NWA in the 80's wants that as well...I admit it isn't a large enough market to make it a good idea, but there ARE a lot of people who want to see it.

The One
03-16-2006, 01:53 PM
I would submit more people would be happy to see Flair get one last run then were happy about Hogan's one last run back in 2002.

Rob
03-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Yeah, the ECW fans are going to love watching RVD hold up a WWE title. :roll:

But the building will be filled with WWE fans who used to watch ECW though.

The One
03-16-2006, 02:28 PM
But the building will be filled with WWE fans who never saw a single show of ECW but decided now that it's done and it's become trendy to like the Bingo Hall Show they will finally show their undying support to ECW though.

You've been KK...er...uh...just I fixed it. :shifty:

Fox
03-16-2006, 03:48 PM
I want to see Flair get a World Title shot. Anyone who watched the NWA in the 80's wants that as well...I admit it isn't a large enough market to make it a good idea, but there ARE a lot of people who want to see it.

Personally, I would rather see someone younger and more talented get a title shot off Money in the Bank. Someone like Chavo Guerrero or Carlito (who introduced the idea of Money in the Bank this year, yet for some reason was booked not to be in it).

Flair is good for nostalgia and promos. He should not be the headlining world champ or challenger.

Lord-Of-Darkness
03-16-2006, 06:04 PM
And Kane is, as a wrestling style, not the high-flying super-speed type of guy

He used to do the enziguri......and, erm..... flying clothesline :shifty:

Yeah, I got nothin

Nervous Ferret
03-16-2006, 06:07 PM
nah Finlay will be amazing in a ladder match with his "unique" style of offense. Flair should be nowhere near it though :mad: