PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance

RoXer
03-16-2006, 12:55 PM
I hear it's unfuckingbelievable. It's 2 discs, the first disc is Snake Eater with a new 3rd person view and different camos. The second disc features the NES versions of Metal Gear and, oh yeah, ONLINE PLAY.

I don't have broadband though. :( If I did, I would kill everyone.

I'm thinking of getting this and selling Snake Eater.

Xero
03-16-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm considering it as well.

Is it worth getting for anyone who has it? I've played through Snake Eater 1 1/2 times and I'm not going to restart again if I'm getting this.

DS
03-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Snake Eater hit $19.99 and I was going to pick it up and then I heard about Subsistance and it's online mode. I think I will dish out the extra $30.

Blitz
03-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Isn't it budget priced? EBgames.com has it listed at 29.99.

RoXer
03-16-2006, 07:26 PM
No shit?

Fryza
03-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Subsistance (the special edition) has:

-Snake Eater (plus a little extra in it)
-A second disk that has MG and MG2
-Better online play
-Two extra disks. One is a theater disk, basically taking the SE game clips and making it a movie. The second one is the history of Metal Gear, explaining a majority of everything.

Comes with a shitload of trailiers too.

Xero
03-16-2006, 09:07 PM
I thought that one of those disks was a preorder item.

Fryza
03-16-2006, 09:09 PM
I know it's limited edition.

UmbrellaCorporation
03-17-2006, 04:33 PM
I got the Limited Edition yesterday, and all I can say is

OH MY GOD.

This is Snake Eater +20.

Online play is fucking SPECTACULAR, and this is coming from someone who doesn't like online gaming that much. You get assigned an animal rank depending on how you play (If you're stealthy, chameleon. If you get slaughtered online, you're a pig. I'm a flying squirrel, which is based on how much you move around...In my case, it's a lot.).

Also, the Demo/Secret Theaters let you watch EVERY video in the game in succession, as well as some HILARIOUS parodies (and I do mean Hilarious. Metal Gear Raiden is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen.).

Not to mention the original MG/MG2 are included, and the fact that Snake Eater now comes with a third person behind the back camera, and new camos/facepaints.

Buy. This. Game. Now.

And if someone gets it, look me up online. Screen Name: Royal Hawk

Fryza
03-17-2006, 04:58 PM
My friend has online play, I'll post it up for him after I get home from the movies tonight.

Disturbed316
03-17-2006, 05:27 PM
I didn't really get into Snake Eater when I played the demo, but I'm thinking of getting this just for the online mode :drool:

UmbrellaCorporation
03-17-2006, 05:33 PM
If you're going to get it, don't get it solely for Online.

Don't get me wrong. Like I said, it's amazing. But the Snake Eater revamp is what I paid for, and it's what I've spent most of my time on (so far). I've spent a few hours online, but SE has been consuming me.

RoXer
03-17-2006, 05:39 PM
How much was it?

UmbrellaCorporation
03-17-2006, 05:42 PM
For the LE, I paid 40. The regular (which is a better buy, imo. You can download anything off of the LE online. All I got was a pretty red box with it.) was 30.

If you're going to opt for one, save yourself ten bucks and go for the regular.

Disturbed316
03-17-2006, 05:43 PM
I really couldn't get on with MGS1, but I loved MGS2, and now I can't really get into MGS3. Maybe when MGS4 comes out I'd really love it.

Maybe I only like the even numbered MGS games :-\

UmbrellaCorporation
03-17-2006, 05:53 PM
Well, don't let what I said cause you to miss out on a great game.

I was just stating that I (personally) love the online play on MGS, but I hate it on pretty much everything else. I have a headset, but I rarely talk on MGS: Online, mainly because I just don't like conversation. The play itself is great, FAR better than anything else I can think of. That was just a little personal tick I had.

If you give Snake Eater a shot though, I guarantee you'll be hooked on it. The ending left me in tears practically.

Disturbed316
03-17-2006, 05:57 PM
The Socom headset is the shit :cool:

Extreme Angle
03-17-2006, 06:21 PM
can't wait for it to come to uk :)

Ben Rodrigues
07-16-2006, 10:26 AM
I really couldn't get on with MGS1, but I loved MGS2, and now I can't really get into MGS3. Maybe when MGS4 comes out I'd really love it.

Maybe I only like the even numbered MGS games :-\

Really? I loved MGS1, hated 2 and 3 I was indifferent about. 3 is good - but I don't like the fact that the boss characters (aside from the final boss) - have no back story. In MGS1 - every character had a compeling back story. Eh, maybe that's just me.

Anyway - waiting now for Subsistance to be released in Australia.

Fignuts
07-17-2006, 07:09 AM
Even if you don't like it that much, it's worth playing through for the story. Greatest videogame ending ever.

UmbrellaCorporation
07-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Even if you don't like it that much, it's worth playing through for the story. Greatest videogame ending ever.

No doubt. Only some of the FF endings rival it, IMO.

El Fangel
07-17-2006, 11:35 PM

Sorry I have to disagree, Best STORY EVER and ENDING EVER.

I loved this game so much, its story and gameplay is awesome.

I managed to beat it

5:46:23
0 kills
0 alerts
21 meals
4 health bars
24 time saved

ranking fox
acquired STEALTH CAMO

And I plan to get this if I get broadband, and also MGS4 maybe

My Final Heaven
07-25-2006, 08:31 PM
a couple of things about online mode:

1: Cheating is pretty rampant on it. It's become a little infamous that there's tons of people exploiting Ladder glitches, exploiting lag, ect.

2: This more my personal opinion than anything else, but people seem to take themselves waaayyy to seriously on MGO. Example: my 1st time playing it, i'm walking around, & I see this guy who's my squad leader. I walk up to him, salute, & say "hey." His response? "YOU FUCKING GAY ASS MOTHERFUCKER!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK YOU'RE A FUCKIN FAG!!!!" *boots me from room* me: :eek:

3: Never, ever, ever pick a shotgun when you go into a room. 9 times out of 10 that'll get you booted.

Besides that, MGS3 is as awesome as ever, & MGO can be a hoot if you know what you're getting into.