PDA

View Full Version : TNA Live in Detroit

The One
03-18-2006, 05:43 AM
As some of you know, Friday was TNA's first house show event which was took place in Detroit. The fallowing the the results from TNAWrestling.com

- TNA's Jeremy Borash kicked off the event by welcoming the fans to the show! The arena is packed, with a line still wrapped around the arena for fans waiting to get in!

- Shark Boy defeated Simon Diamond in the first bout with the Dead Sea Drop!

- Chris Sabin defeated Alex Shelley with his Cradle Shock finisher....the Insane Clown Posse are about to make a special in-ring appearance

- The Insane Clown Posse hit the ring to welcome fans to their native Detroit, but were interrupted by Team Canada. As a result, the ICP faced off against Eric Young and Petey Williams! ICP won the bout when Coach D'Amore hit the ring, but had his glasses knocked off. While blind, D'Amore accidentlaly hit the Canadian Destroyer on Petey Williams!!! Yes, you read that right - Coach D'Amore pulled off The Canadian Destroyer! As a result, ICP got the win over Team Canada as D'Amore quickly realized the mistake he had made.

- "The Canadian Enforcer" Bobby Roode defeated the returning Jerry Lynn after Lynn went for a sunset flip, but Roode grabbed the ring ropes for leverage to score the three count.

- Sabu defeated Abyss in a wild brawl after Sabu hit the Arabian Facebuster through a table to score the pin!

- "The War Machine" Rhino beat Team Canada's A1 - after Rhino hit a spinebuster on A1 and covered him, D'Amore yanked the referee out of the ring during the count. Rhino gave chase to D'Amore on the outside, with the manager ending up inside the ring. Rhino hit a GORE! on D'Amore, then another GORE! on A1 for the pin!

- "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe defeated "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles after a long and grueling bout that had fans on their feet throughout. In the end, AJ went for a roll through but Joe caught AJ and forced him to tap out to Joe's clutch! AJ appeared to have a bloody nose following the bout.

- NWA World Tag Team Champions America's Most Wanted defeated rivals The Naturals after AMW hit Andy Douglas' injured knee with a steel chair and James Storm got the pin. Following the bout, EMTs were sent to ringside to assist Douglas from the ring.

- NWA World Heavyweight Champion "Captain Charisma" Christian Cage, still nursing three cracked ribs, was able to overcome "The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett (and interference by AMW) in the main event, earning the win after hitting his "Unprettier" finishing move! Following the bout Jarrett, Abyss and AMW got into a brawl with Rhino, AJ Styles and Christian Cage!

I am glad this wasn't televised. First of all, wasn't the plan for Rhino and JJ to fight...wait no...then Jarrett dropped the title to Cage, so we have to rearange the card to fit Jarrett in the Main Event. Having Lynn do the J-O-B is simply B-S. And let's look at something that troubles me the most...ICP??? Seriously could TNA not fucking blow their money fast enough? How the fuck could having ICP be at this event make any sense or money...and then force Eric Young (He has a helluva future) and Petey Williams to lay down for them!? If this is where TNA is moving towards, I officially retract my former support of them.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-18-2006, 06:35 AM
Apparently ICP had a big part in sponsering the show ;)

Butch
03-18-2006, 06:35 AM
It won't be a regular thing, aren't they from Detroit or have a huge following there or something? It was to gain local interest and attendance for what, remember, is only there first house show.

Sounds like a pretty decent show considering TV cameras weren't there!

JH
03-18-2006, 08:20 AM
the show looked good i think

McLegend
03-18-2006, 09:44 AM
It's a house show Jerry Lynn losing doesn't matter.

Also ICP is supposed to be really good promoters believe it or not.

Blitz
03-18-2006, 03:05 PM
'Twas a pretty good show. Place was pretty full, but not sold out. Match of the night for me Sabin/Shelley. Joe/AJ was good, but nothing you haven't seen out of them before. I hate ICP with a burning passion. Crowd was damn hot all night.

Blitz
03-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Sounds like a pretty decent show considering TV cameras weren't there!

I believe Joe/AJ was taped for Impact.