PDA

View Full Version : WWE : KEEP ROLLING : What WWE is doing RIGHT.

Vermaat
03-18-2006, 05:21 PM
Everyone seems to focus on what WWE is doing wrong. I think that is wrong approach and that we need to focus on what the WWE is doing right. What they do wrong, we need to mention, but we should not focus on it so let's take a look at what the WWE is doing right because people don't thank the WWE enough for what it does for the fans and all the entertainment that it provides.

1. Vince/Shawn feud. This feud is quality, there is a real sense of heat between the two and there is a hint of comedy. It is a great Boss Vs Superstar encounter that we have not seen since Cena's great fight with Bischoff. Shane being back is a big bonus, although, I wish it was Shane Vs Shawn at Mania because Vince is not that good of a wrestler. However, I am sure the match is going to entertain and the feud on the whole is exciting stuff. WWE should keep feuds like this ROLLING.

2. Big Show/Kane as tag champs. You had two great wrestlers, two monster doing nothing. There was not really a good spot on the card for them because the main event was filles already so what did WWE do? They teamed them up. I was afraid they would end up feuding and overshadowed or lose the titles but WWE has built them right, as MONSTERS. WWE should keep good use of wrestlers ROLLING.

3. Momma Benjamin. Shelton Benjamin has no mic skill. Great wrestler, but without microphone ability, he can't get far in the WWE. Momma Benjamin provides that by strenghening his character with a much needed manager. WWE hiring a trained actor for this was brilliant because she plays SO WELL. It's funny and it helps Benjamin. WWE should keep managers ROLLING.

4. Spirit Squad. I don't think this on needs to be explained. Here you have a association of young guys all with IMMENSE skill and speed who are both innovative and entertaining. You pair them up with a great gimmick and throw them out there and the result is? ENTERTAINMENT. WWE should keep stables like this ROLLING.

5. Women's division. We havr a hoy feud here with some hot women. And they actually know how to wrestle. Keep it ROLLING.

That's just the Raw side of things and just a small sample of what WWE is doing right. I didn't mention Cenas as champion because I don't want the debate from the other thread to spill over here as this is a thread of appreciation.

On smackdown, we have,

1. An entertaining 3 way main event feud. Here you have 3 guys who work well together. WWE was smart to put Orton here. He is not as good as Angle or Mysterio, but he raises the quality of the feud here and I think that WWE has been doing it JUST right by not having Rey or Angle turn heel and only have one face. There are two great faces in this and I always enjoy seeing faces against faces and Rey and Angle work this well. Rey has been very charismatic in this and the best part is that you know he's going to win at Wrestlemania and his underdog character will become the champ.

2. Paul Burchill, an entertaining newcomer. This guy has skill all over. Mic, wrestling, charisma and connection to the fans. The pirate gimmick has elevated him out of genericness and into stardom, now he needs to hang in there, so WWE needs to keep Paul Burchill ROLLING.

3. Benoit, U.S Champion. This is perfect. Benoit is not in the world division and the U.S title was devalued when Cena lost it to Orlando Jordan. Now, Benoit brought respect back to the title and continues to do so. Benoit should keep on rolling with the title.

4. MNM. This young team is already one of the best tag teams that I have ever seen. These guys really know how to work the crowd and work well together. They have an entertainin gimmick and are good on the mic, they are the new E&C and Melina only helps them. The only question is, how good are they as faces? But that will be answered if WWE keeps MNM rolling.

5. Mark Henry. This man was misused for most of his tenure but has really started to come into his own lately as a heel especially on Smackdown now. He is intimidating and is fun to watch in the ring. For a man his size he is fast and deserves to be feuding for the US title and a reign after Benoit builds that title reputation up. Mark Henry is one man the WWE should rollin.

6. The cruiserweights. Ever since Gregory Helms became champ, the division rejuvinated itself. Gregory helms is a great champ and the WWE is giving the division T.V time again which is great because Gregory Helms deserves it as the champ, he can build this division back up. His injury is a setback, but WWE should keep the division rolling.

These are some of things I'm liking about the WWE right now. There are others, but they are minor things. What do you like in the WWE now and what do you think WWE should keep rolling in their federation and what things do you appreciate?

XL
03-18-2006, 05:36 PM
You're intention is good, you're execution is not.

Some of the things you choose are fucking awful!

Mark Henry? I'm not even gonna comment.

HBK/Vince is a poor Austin/Vince, a tired tired basis for a fued and a total miss use of HBKs talent for WM.

Momma Benj will not help Shelton crack the main event.

Kane & Big Show barely defend the titles, they are simply a distractory factor so that we forget that there's no actual division.

I also have a feeling this is a joke account.

Xero
03-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Good lord...

Xero
03-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Oh, and TNA is rolling. It's rolling on PEEP POWER.

The WWE is in MAKE IT OR BREAK IT mode. It's MAKING IT OR BREAKING IT at Mania.

The Naitch
03-18-2006, 05:52 PM
keep rolling rolling rolling rolling

Angelina2K
03-18-2006, 06:04 PM
Rolling..... http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8786/rollingemote5qt.gif

If they stop rolling does that mean they've Drop The Ball? :shifty:

V
03-18-2006, 06:20 PM
if they keep ROLLING, they may MAKE it!!!!!

Is it ROLLING to make it, and SLIDING to break it, for the WWE?

Destor
03-18-2006, 07:12 PM
I have no idea why you guys are trying to flame him.

YOUR Hero
03-18-2006, 07:18 PM
come on guys, appreciate the thread or at least ignore it. There's a lot of time and effort put in it at least.

Innovator
03-18-2006, 07:31 PM
move in now move out (hands up and hands down)

back up back up (tell me wacha gonna do now)

Innovator
03-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Only 3 women know how to wrestle on RAW...and wrestle right. Trish, Mickie, Victoria

Henry is a bust. He's been sharpening his craft in OVW for what seems like an eternity, and hasn't made any improvements in his 10 years with the E.

Flair Wooo
03-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Everyone seems to focus on what WWE is doing wrong. I think that is wrong approach and that we need to focus on what the WWE is doing right. What they do wrong, we need to mention, but we should not focus on it so let's take a look at what the WWE is doing right because people don't thank the WWE enough for what it does for the fans and all the entertainment that it provides.

1. Vince/Shawn feud. This feud is quality, there is a real sense of heat between the two and there is a hint of comedy. It is a great Boss Vs Superstar encounter that we have not seen since Cena's great fight with Bischoff. Shane being back is a big bonus, although, I wish it was Shane Vs Shawn at Mania because Vince is not that good of a wrestler. However, I am sure the match is going to entertain and the feud on the whole is exciting stuff. WWE should keep feuds like this ROLLING.

Cenas great fight with bischof?????? Is this a wind up?? Who wants to see a wrestler past his best heading towards retirement and a 60 year old guy wrestle on the biggest stage of them all ?? hands up..think that's none

2. Big Show/Kane as tag champs. You had two great wrestlers, two monster doing nothing. There was not really a good spot on the card for them because the main event was filles already so what did WWE do? They teamed them up. I was afraid they would end up feuding and overshadowed or lose the titles but WWE has built them right, as MONSTERS. WWE should keep good use of wrestlers ROLLING.

Two great wrestlers??? :shifty: Kane is ok yes but there nothing special see my thread about the tag titles on raw they should just scrap them as it's pointless them too holding them

3. Momma Benjamin. Shelton Benjamin has no mic skill. Great wrestler, but without microphone ability, he can't get far in the WWE. Momma Benjamin provides that by strenghening his character with a much needed manager. WWE hiring a trained actor for this was brilliant because she plays SO WELL. It's funny and it helps Benjamin. WWE should keep managers ROLLING.

Instead of having a fat lump of mootard acompy him to the ring they should just focus on his in ring ability and bring is mic work threw gradually..or bring back cornette!!

4. Spirit Squad. I don't think this on needs to be explained. Here you have a association of young guys all with IMMENSE skill and speed who are both innovative and entertaining. You pair them up with a great gimmick and throw them out there and the result is? ENTERTAINMENT. WWE should keep stables like this ROLLING.

Yes spirit squad are a bunch of tallented group of guy's and i love the gimmic ..so you are not entierly stupid then...but stop this rolling stu

5. Women's division. We havr a hoy feud here with some hot women. And they actually know how to wrestle. Keep it ROLLING.

How many of them can actually wrestle..and i mean good? not many the micki james fued was good but they should stick to showing flesh

That's just the Raw side of things and just a small sample of what WWE is doing right. I didn't mention Cenas as champion because I don't want the debate from the other thread to spill over here as this is a thread of appreciation.

On smackdown, we have,

1. An entertaining 3 way main event feud. Here you have 3 guys who work well together. WWE was smart to put Orton here. He is not as good as Angle or Mysterio, but he raises the quality of the feud here and I think that WWE has been doing it JUST right by not having Rey or Angle turn heel and only have one face. There are two great faces in this and I always enjoy seeing faces against faces and Rey and Angle work this well. Rey has been very charismatic in this and the best part is that you know he's going to win at Wrestlemania and his underdog character will become the champ.

Agreed...just hope that midget doesn't win

2. Paul Burchill, an entertaining newcomer. This guy has skill all over. Mic, wrestling, charisma and connection to the fans. The pirate gimmick has elevated him out of genericness and into stardom, now he needs to hang in there, so WWE needs to keep Paul Burchill ROLLING.

Again agreed but this rolling shit is annoying

3. Benoit, U.S Champion. This is perfect. Benoit is not in the world division and the U.S title was devalued when Cena lost it to Orlando Jordan. Now, Benoit brought respect back to the title and continues to do so. Benoit should keep on rolling with the title.

Benoit should be in the heaveyweight division..he is probably the best technical wrestler in the wwe and him wrestling with angle is always gonna sell..but he has obviously fucked with the mcmahons or something so he is stuck in a division that is beneath him!

4. MNM. This young team is already one of the best tag teams that I have ever seen. These guys really know how to work the crowd and work well together. They have an entertainin gimmick and are good on the mic, they are the new E&C and Melina only helps them. The only question is, how good are they as faces? But that will be answered if WWE keeps MNM rolling.

Just stop with the rolling for fucks sake! anyway there a good tag team in a day an age where tag teams are few and far between

5. Mark Henry. This man was misused for most of his tenure but has really started to come into his own lately as a heel especially on Smackdown now. He is intimidating and is fun to watch in the ring. For a man his size he is fast and deserves to be feuding for the US title and a reign after Benoit builds that title reputation up. Mark Henry is one man the WWE should rollin.

Now heres where you are completly fucking wrong...Mark henry is a fat piece of shit who is only in the wwe now because he was signed to a long term dea that is still running..he injures everyfucker and is one of the worse guy's ever for in ring ability

6. The cruiserweights. Ever since Gregory Helms became champ, the division rejuvinated itself. Gregory helms is a great champ and the WWE is giving the division T.V time again which is great because Gregory Helms deserves it as the champ, he can build this division back up. His injury is a setback, but WWE should keep the division rolling.

Agreed on last point

Batsu
03-18-2006, 08:14 PM

<s>1. Vince/Shawn feud. This feud is quality, there is a real sense of heat between the two and there is a hint of comedy. It is a great Boss Vs Superstar encounter that we have not seen since Cena's great fight with Bischoff. Shane being back is a big bonus, although, I wish it was Shane Vs Shawn at Mania because Vince is not that good of a wrestler. However, I am sure the match is going to entertain and the feud on the whole is exciting stuff. WWE should keep feuds like this ROLLING.</s>

<s>3. Momma Benjamin. Shelton Benjamin has no mic skill. Great wrestler, but without microphone ability, he can't get far in the WWE. Momma Benjamin provides that by strenghening his character with a much needed manager. WWE hiring a trained actor for this was brilliant because she plays SO WELL. It's funny and it helps Benjamin. </s> WWE should keep managers ROLLING.

Ok, that's part one.

They are somewhat entertaining, but they still seem as green as their ring attire. They better not eff them up.

WTF? This division is nowhere near as stacked with mid-level to quality wrestlers as it was in 2002 or 2003...they need to ditch the "Candice" types and big-up the Jillian types.

On smackdown, we have,

It should have been Angle-Orton from the start.

2. Paul Burchill, an entertaining newcomer. This guy has skill all over. Mic, wrestling, charisma and connection to the fans. <s>The pirate gimmick has elevated him out of genericness and into stardom</s>, now he needs to hang in there, so WWE needs to keep Paul Burchill ROLLING.

They need to keep him rolling, but that pirate shit is too throwbacky to work long-term.

That title needs to be on Matt Hardy, OJ and other midcarders, not a guy who should be hovering near the top like Benoit (or Booker T for that matter), but for now, it's OK to be on Benoit.

They've grown into the role. But just like Big Show and Kane, they need more competition.

^^^^ PB&J

He is totally unbelievable as a heel.

They should, but they should let the guys (who can) fly again.

Corkscrewed
03-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Disagree with Show and Kane as tag champs being great. It started out as a great idea, but since has devolved to those two doing NOTHING. Are they really feuding with another tag team? Nope. At least not until a week or two ago, when the writers realized they had to fill that spot.

MNM are in the same position, except they CAN wrestle and are actually in real storylines. They're definitely better.

Vince vs Shawn has not been really entertaining for me. It's a rehash of Vince vs Bret... or at least the one that Vince probably wanted to happen if Bret hadn't left. We've seen Vince's ass, some random drugging, and just the McMahon's tormenting Shawn, but there's no real drama or conviction. I guess you like it, but I don't see anything special about it.

Momma Benjamin is an ok character. She's given Shelton something, but I still think that if they had pushed him as an athletic superstart who does innovative maneuvers and really outwrestles everyone while doing acrobatic moves, he'd be pretty over.

Henry... is actually doing decently, unbelievably enough. He's not main event material, though, and he'll be filler for Taker. Your theory will go down the drain at Wrestlemania (unless they actually have him win, which would be even worse).

Not bad points overall, but the whole "keep the ball rolling" is pretty retarded. It wasn't really catchy the first time.

Corkscrewed
03-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Also, am I the only one who has a sneaking suspicion that this is Dark Kane?

Mr. Nerfect
03-18-2006, 09:53 PM
I will tackle your points one by one. I've kept the first "sentences" of your points the same, as a reference to your post, because quoting it would lead to a very long one by me. Just making that clear incase someone notices grammatical errors.

RAW
1. Vince/Shawn feud. This feud is boring. Shawn Michaels asked for a reduced schedule, yes, but that doesn't mean he can't work programs with wrestlers. A match against someone from The Spirit Squad would be better for crying out loud. Don't give me this crap about Vince always putting on entertaining matches, either, because any feud he has been in which has involved him getting into the ring has bored me to tears.

2. Big Show/Kane as tag champs. I agree with you 50% on this. Kane & Big Show have made good dominant champs, but they need to do something with the belts or else it is meaningless. How many times have they defended them? I think you could count it on one hand. The WWE has failed to produce a tag team division to support its tag team ideas, and instead of explaining the lack of a division with "dominant champs scare challengers away" they make it seem like the challengers are always happy to go to their deaths at the hands of Kane & Show. The WWE aren't spending enough time writing storylines for these titles.

3. Momma Benjamin. I disgaree with this. Some people like her, I think she is pointless. Shelton CAN talk, they don't give him a chance to say anything. Did you not see his "APA is Crap" skit? The WWE dropped the ball with Shelton, and this is their way of trying to salvage him. SB needs a solid push to the top, nothing else, although maybe a few solid feuds for the IC Title before he drops it would be nice.

4. Spirit Squad. Some people like them, some people don't. I see some good coming out of this, but most of it has to do with the abilities of the Squad members, and not in the theory behind them. We all know what happens when talent is the only thing going for you. The WWE tells you to stop using it and you end up being targetted by smarks who criticise your abilities or have no knowledge of them. John Cena, Randy Orton, Orlando Jordan, Doug Basham, Danny Basham, Rob Conway, Eugene, etc.

5. Women's division. It's not that bright, sunshine. In fact it's kind of dull. Trish Stratus, Mickie James & Victoria is your Women's Division. If they throw in Jillian Hall, Trinity, Beth & Shelly, then maybe you have a point.

SmackDown!
1. An entertaining 3 way main event feud. Yes and no. Kurt Angle should win at WrestleMania, in my opinion. Please don't give me that "Kurt Angle is old, Rey Mysterio is new" crap, because it's bullshit. Mysterio is just as broken down as Kurt. Angle needs to play a ruthless babyface. His friendship with Rey Mysterio is unfounded, in my opinion. Have him kick both Mysterio & Orton's asses, talking about how he could take them both on in a Handicap Match, so a Triple Threat Match will be a piece of cake.

2. Paul Burchill, an entertaining newcomer. I agree with Paul Burchill being talented, but again, this is a gimmick people can see both positives and negatives to. By the way, I am a huge PB fan, but if you can honestly say Paul Burchill has mic skills while Shelton Benjamin doesn't, you have lost all respect from me. Burchill's got his mannerisms down, but he still has a while to go before he can cut a promo. Now that he's been a pirate, he needs to wind down and become "serious" again. Chris Benoit vs. Paul Burchill for the WWE United States Championship? That would be a treasure.

3. Benoit, U.S Champion. Disagree with it being perfect. Benoit being World Heavyweight Champion is perfect. Benoit facing off against younger talent like Paul Burchill, Doug Basham, Sylvan, Orlando Jordan, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, etc. would be as well. Unfortunately, Benoit is currently feuding with superstars not exactly young and not exactly prodigies of the sport. Your suggestion of a Chris Benoit vs. Mark Henry feud is no improvement to the situation.

4. MNM. These guys are good, but they need face challengers. I think they'll be facing Paul Burchill and a partner at WrestleMania, so here's hoping it is a good match. MNM are fine as heels, just give them face challengers.

5. Mark Henry. He's not as bad as everyone says, but he is nothing special. I admire his dedication to the WWE, and his charity work with them, but he just isn't that good. Sorry.

6. The cruiserweights. Agreed, this is one I cannot find fault with. The cruiserweights have a purpose in the WWE, and I'm glad to see they're finally finding it.

McLegend
03-18-2006, 10:09 PM
move in now move out (hands up and hands down)

back up back up (tell me wacha gonna do now)
Fuck you for getting the song stuck in my head now.

Indifferent Clox
03-18-2006, 10:20 PM
the king is coming

Shadow
03-18-2006, 11:42 PM
Ok seriouslly dude...just stop.

Stop making points that you think will be accepted by this board because, if you haven't guessed by now, they're not.

One more thing! Henry's leaving at the end of his contract. He won't be resigned. To have the WWE push him to anything is sorta like giving a blind man a masterpeice to paint. It will look like crap.

Corkscrewed
03-19-2006, 01:53 AM
Actually, I think I heard about a blind guy who painted masterpieces...

Shadow
03-19-2006, 02:02 AM
It's like asking a blind guy to sort beads by color. It won't be pretty.

That better for ya corky?

Nervous Ferret
03-19-2006, 02:09 AM
shades of gray :o

Nervous Ferret
03-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Damn for some reason I read "blind' as "colo(u)rblind"

rko4life
03-19-2006, 02:11 AM
lol!! Im loving this

owenbrown
03-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Rolling..... http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8786/rollingemote5qt.gif

If they stop rolling does that mean they've Drop The Ball? :shifty:

They have dropped the ball since the end of 2001 *COUGH!* WCW/ECW Invasion *COUGH!* and most notably since September 2002 if you get the idea *COUGH!*HHH handed a World title!*COUGH!* :shifty:

Kane Knight
03-19-2006, 09:41 AM
Everyone seems to focus on what WWE is doing wrong.

Your very premise is incorrect. You start off in that mindset, which totally ruins any effort you mioght put into your thread. Now, where I garee with you...

2. Big Show/Kane as tag champs. You had two great wrestlers, two monster doing nothing. They still are doing nothing. There was not really a good spot on the card for them because the main event was filles already so what did WWE do? Push still more people as main eventers, and disregard Kane and Show? They teamed them up. Même chose (Pardon me french). I was afraid they would end up feuding and overshadowed or lose the titles They still will but WWE has built them right, as MONSTERS. WWE should keep good use of wrestlers ROLLING. And maybe, they'll get matches or a feud or something.

Holy shit, I actually found 2.5 things I agree with you on.

BTW, for the folks saying Burchill won't go anywhere because of his Pirate gimmick, we're supposed to know it's just an act, he said he wanted to play a pirate, and he's giving nods to the camera. It'll be easier for him to shed the gimmick than KAne, the Hurricane, etc.

Angelina2K
03-19-2006, 03:00 PM

Personally I really feel like this is a waste of HBK's talent. Since returning to the company in 2002 HBK faces Jericho at WMXIX, HHH/Benoit at WMXX & Angle at WM21 all where quality matches. It just seems like a let down after such good matches at past Mania's to be working a match with Vince. You are correct, Shane would have been the better choice, but Marissa, his wife, if due to have there second child around mania so it's easy to see why he's not the one fighting Shawn.

I want to say that I'm looking forward to this match, but in all truth dispite being a HBK fan, I can't say that I'm looking forward. In fact I almost wish this fued would just go away. Reduced scheldule or not, anyone on the Raw roster would have been better than Vince for HBK to work off.

I'll give credit where credit is due, I agree with you here :y: .

Trish, Mickie, Victoria, and to lesser extend Lita, know how to wrestle. This doesn't make for a good division. They need to bring Melina & Jillian over from Smackdown to really add some life here. I find the woman's division stale, mostly because Trish has been champion for over a year, I don't care if Trish is the best woman's wrestler on the face of the earth (as far the WWE believe) get that title off her, I don't care who they give it to, just give the title to someone else (Don't get me wrong I do like Trish, just sick of her with the title). Mickie, Victoria, hell even Candice, just get it away from Trish for a while. /rant :$

:yes: :y: It's nice to see Helms being used they way he should be too, I was worried he would just vanish and end up released after he dropped The Hurricane gimmic.

Kane Knight
03-19-2006, 03:15 PM
God, don't be stupid. A good women's division isn't about wrestling, it's about women with teh b00bz jumping on each other

Angelina2K
03-19-2006, 03:24 PM
God, don't be stupid. A good women's division isn't about wrestling, it's about women with teh b00bz jumping on each other

It's use to be about wrestling :'(

Now it's about how long your chest will keep you afloat in the event of a flash flood. :shifty:

Xero
03-19-2006, 03:48 PM

Now it's about how long your chest will keep you afloat in the event of a flash flood. :shifty:
Which is why Stacy tanked in the WWE... :shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2006, 04:51 PM
BTW, for the folks saying Burchill won't go anywhere because of his Pirate gimmick, we're supposed to know it's just an act, he said he wanted to play a pirate, and he's giving nods to the camera. It'll be easier for him to shed the gimmick than KAne, the Hurricane, etc.

This is what I like about the gimmick. He became his character, he didn't start out with it. Nick Dinsmore is in a bit of trouble, because we only know him as "Eugene". Burchill we know isn't really a pirate.

For some reason, I would love to see a match between Paul Burchill & William Regal, where the loser has to take on the gimmick of the winner. So if Burchill wins, Regal is a pirate; but if Regal wins, Burchill loses the pirtate gimmick.

In that match, Burchill pulls out the victory. Burchill then pulls off his wig and loses his pirate accessories. Burchill then cuts a promo saying that he planned this all along, and that Regal is going to make a fine pirate. So PB reveals the pirate gimmick was just a way for Burchill to embarass Regal and get attention for himself. Burchill then plays a serious face while Regal is stuck with an enforced pirate gimmick until he gets drafted or wins a match or something of the like.

Kane Knight
03-19-2006, 06:51 PM

Here's your winner and NEW WWE Women's Champion...

Kane Knight! :shifty:

Angelina2K
03-20-2006, 02:59 AM
:rofl: *marks out for KK*

Fox
03-20-2006, 03:13 AM
this thread gives me a headache