PDA

View Full Version : Double Turns?

Pinnacle Charisma
03-21-2006, 06:40 AM
I cant really remember any double turns in recent history?

And by Double turns I mean when two wrestlers in a feud with each other both do a face/heel turn.

The only one I can think of is the bret hart/Austin feud

Dave Youell
03-21-2006, 06:55 AM
I cant really remember any double turns in recent history?

And by Double turns I mean when two wrestlers in a feud with each other both do a face/heel turn.

The only one I can think of is the bret hart/Austin feud
I guess the powers of pain and Demolition sort of did at Survivor Series 88 (I think)

But the fans didn't get it and thought that Mr Fuji turned face

Loose Cannon
03-21-2006, 06:59 AM
no, they got it. Cause they booed when Fuji started yelling at Ax and cheered then they slammed him. And then really cheered when Demolition cleaned house at the end.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Rock/Hogan to an extent.

Angle/AUstin to an extent (Invasion, in the end, Austin was leading, Angle betrayed him and "turned face." But the next night, Austin was the face, Angle was the heel... Sort of like a triple turn.

LK
03-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Jake Roberts and the Honky Tonk Man were involved in one, at least according to Jake. I don't really know the specifics but he says that it was a scenario where two guys switched roles.

Xero
03-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Didn't Brock and Rock do a double turn at SummerSlam 2002? I'm not 100% sure, all I remember is that I was there and we ripped into Rock and popped when Brock won. (Of course it was a New York crowd and you know how that goes...)

Disturbed316
03-21-2006, 08:39 AM
They booed the shit out of Rock because everyone knew he was leaving to go do another film.

Pinnacle Charisma
03-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Rock/Hogan to an extent.

Angle/AUstin to an extent (Invasion, in the end, Austin was leading, Angle betrayed him and "turned face." But the next night, Austin was the face, Angle was the heel... Sort of like a triple turn.

But Rock starting getting pops towards the end of the match so it kinda turned into a face vs face match at the end.

But the austin/angle one is a good example. I cant remember but how long after the invasion ended did angle/austin continue thier feud?

94 SVT Cobra
03-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Jake Roberts and the Honky Tonk Man were involved in one, at least according to Jake. I don't really know the specifics but he says that it was a scenario where two guys switched roles.

Jake was the founding father of in ring psychology in terms of that type of shit. Roberts probally did do it, but he was way ahead of his time and really liked regaurdless of heel/face situation. I mean, a LOT of pepole went nuts when he broke out that cobra on savage.

wwe2222
03-21-2006, 12:26 PM
i was going to say HHH/Chyna at WM 15...when CHYNA turned face again and they both turned heel later on...but I guess thats different than what you are talking about.

Loose Cannon
03-21-2006, 07:19 PM
As far as HTM/Jake went. HTM kind of got that Rocky Miavia heat where the fans turned on him because he was so good, he was annoying. Fans began cheering Jake cause he was cool and he even got cheered against Hogan once.

If you have the DVD of Jake you can see the segment where they did the double turn on the Snake Pit. Everything worked out after that.

The only real Double turns in WWE were

Jake/HTM
Demolition/Powers of Pain
Bret/Austin.

Loose Cannon
03-21-2006, 07:21 PM
all the other "double turns" are just the fans doing. The WWE never made those guys a heel if they were babyface or vice versa afterwards.

V
03-21-2006, 08:41 PM
But the austin/angle one is a good example. I cant remember but how long after the invasion ended did angle/austin continue thier feud?

well at vengeance (next payperview after survivor series where invasion ended) angle faced austin for the WWF title (and lost), austin went on to loose to Jericho, who became undisputed champion.

After that Jericho feuded with the rock for the title at royal rumble. Austin was in the rumble so he really wasn't in a feud, but so was Angle. When Triple H returned, angle basically started a feud with him which would last through to no way out.

But at that point Austin feuded with Jericho, then the nWo screwed him out of the undisputed title and him and rock feuded with them... when angle went on to feud with kane.

So yeah, I typed a bit too much, basically their feud ended a month after invasion, at vengeance

mrslackalack
03-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Hogan/Flair in 99 and Owen/DX in 98.

mrslackalack
03-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Sabu/Tazz in 97

M-A-G
03-25-2006, 02:02 AM
But Rock starting getting pops towards the end of the match so it kinda turned into a face vs face match at the end.

Problem is it wasn't intended to turn Brock face and he wouldn't do so for another 3 months so it was face/heel all the way.

Corkscrewed
03-25-2006, 02:10 AM
oly crap, M-A-G?!

M-A-G
03-25-2006, 02:14 AM
oly crap, M-A-G?!

Didja miss me? :wave:

*crickets chirping*

Rob
03-25-2006, 08:13 AM
As far as HTM/Jake went. HTM kind of got that Rocky Miavia heat where the fans turned on him because he was so good, he was annoying. Fans began cheering Jake cause he was cool and he even got cheered against Hogan once.

If you have the DVD of Jake you can see the segment where they did the double turn on the Snake Pit. Everything worked out after that.

The only real Double turns in WWE were

Jake/HTM
Demolition/Powers of Pain
Bret/Austin.

What about The Rock/Mankind at Survivor Series 1998?

Loose Cannon
03-25-2006, 10:10 AM
ah yea, good point. forgot that. :y:

Savio
03-25-2006, 04:43 PM
also after the E and C/New brood match, Hardies turned face and Gangrel who was pretty neutral I think turned heel.

Pinnacle Charisma
03-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Problem is it wasn't intended to turn Brock face and he wouldn't do so for another 3 months so it was face/heel all the way.

I was referring to the rock/hogan match which was evident by my quoting someone else talking about the rock/hogan match

Loose Cannon
03-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Gangrel was a heel with the Hardy Boyz. He turned on Edge and Christian

Savio
03-25-2006, 10:32 PM
yeah before the tag ladder match though.

Aussie Skier
03-26-2006, 05:14 AM
Kane and Snitsky.

Kane was a heel, and Snitsky was a jobber.
Then, by taboo tuesday, kane was a face and Snitsky was a heel

Pinnacle Charisma
03-26-2006, 06:22 AM
Kane and Snitsky.

Kane was a heel, and Snitsky was a jobber.
Then, by taboo tuesday, kane was a face and Snitsky was a heel

Technically Snicsky was always meant to be a heel and Kane just turned face for that feud to happen so I really don’t think this counts as a double turn

mrslackalack
03-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Vince/Shane in 01