PDA

View Full Version : WWF missed the boat with Dynamite Kid

PureHatred
03-23-2006, 07:23 PM
The One made a comment about ealry 90s WWF that got me to thinking about my favorite What If:

The British Bulldogs left the WWF in 1988 to go back to Stampede Wrestling. In 1990, Davey Boy Smith struck a deal to return to the WWF behind Dynamite's back and even trademarked the British Bulldog name w/o telling Dynamite.

Davey Boy goes on to become a fairly consistent upper midcarder in oth the WWE and WCW and Dynamit falls into obscurity and is now confined to a wheelchair.

So What If Vince lured Dynamite instead in '90, and Dynamite managed to keep himself healthy...that upper midcard in the mid-90s would have regularly featured matches between Dynamite, HBK, Bret and Owen....:drool:

Reactions?

Bad Company
03-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Maybe if Dynamite didn't have so much foolish pride then he would of been signed as well.

The One
03-23-2006, 10:56 PM
I respect his in ring talent...but he had too much fucking pride and is one stubbern mother fucker. He to this day won't say Davey's real name. He continues to call his dead cousin sarcastically "The British Bulldog".

The Mackem
03-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Good talent, bitter person.

Some of the interviews of Dynamite and Bret about the subject and related things are awkward to watch at times.

Rob
03-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Dynamite was finished when they dropped the tag titles to the Hart Foundation. I don't blame Davey for going his own way. He would have been holding himself back to carry Billington. He should just remember he had his day in the sun and it was time to go.