PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart Interview

The Greater Power
03-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Paying tribute to the great ones. It's a time-honoured tradition in sports, media and just about any other entertainment medium you can think of.

But for Calgary's own Bret (The Hitman) Hart, arguably one of the greatest wrestlers to ever step foot in the ring, the tributes he deserved never came.

After a series of professional setbacks and personal tragedies -- including the infamous Montreal screw job in 1997 and the death of his brother Owen in a WWF ring in 1999 -- Hart's bitter real-life feud with WWE left his legacy in limbo.

"I felt my career had been locked up in a vault somewhere," Hart told the Sun in an exclusive one-on-one this week.

"It always bothered me that 25 years from now, most people would remember me more for the WWF's interpretation of my career than for what I really did. People would always hear those negative slants on me, how I was tough to get along with and all that crap."

After suffering a devastating stroke in 2004, Hart decided to call a ceasefire with WWE boss Vince McMahon.

"I carried around a lot of hard feelings until I had my stroke. Then, I just couldn't worry about that stuff anymore. All I could worry about was getting myself out of a wheelchair.

"Vince called me in my hospital bed and I told him I don't want to be forgotten for everything I did. He said he'd make sure I'd be remembered."

This Saturday in Chicago, McMahon will make good on his word.

Hart will finally be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame and honoured as an all-time wrestling legend.

"I think a lot of it is a sign of good faith," Hart said. "I don't think either of us has ever really forgiven, but Vince and I have made peace to a certain extent."

While most fans support the decision, Hart hears the haters who begrudge him for accepting McMahon's invitation.

"No one is more tuned into that opinion than I am," Hart said.

"I know there are people that feel I sold out, but I don't see it that way. I feel I have a right to be remembered."

Besides, Hart may be accepting the honour on WWE soil, but no one can accuse him of doing it on anyone else's terms.

For starters, he doesn't want to appear at Wrestlemania the day after the inductions.

"I'm not trying to be difficult," Hart explained.

"I just wouldn't want anyone to think I have finally got in bed with them enough that I can accept what they did to me. At this point, I'm set to fly out of Chicago early in the morning, before Wrestlemania."

Hart is perfectly aware WWE has every intention of changing his mind on that decision, though.

"Oh, they're certainly going to try to sell me on Wrestlemania between now and then," he said with a laugh.

"They're going to sit me down and talk to me about all kinds of stuff. But I'm not planning on doing anything more than walk out in front of people at the Hall of Fame. That's my only promise."

Hart is also declining a paycheque for the appearance, and refusing to put his name on the dotted line.

"They've sent me a contract and I don't have any intention of signing it. I know what contracts mean to them. I had a contract and they screwed me over on it. Now they come back to me with a contract 10 years later and ask me to sign it?

"For what?"

Hart's final request pertains to the man who cheated him out of the WWF title all those years ago in Montreal, Shawn Michaels.

The Hall of Fame would be the first time the two have come face to face since that match -- but not if the Hitman has anything to do with it.

"I've basically told them that if I see Shawn, I'll get back in a cab and go straight to the airport. They'll have to get him to do my induction speech. I just feel that there's too much anger for me. Too combustible."

But for the most part, the ceremony is going to be a positive experience for the Hitman, a chance to end his WWE career on a happy note.

"I never did get to say goodbye," Hart said. "This will give me some closure. I don't carry around any bad blood anymore. I just want to enjoy my life. I have the whole second half of it ahead of me and I plan to make it just as interesting as the first."

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2006/03/26/1506065-sun.html

Xero
03-26-2006, 03:42 PM
"I've basically told them that if I see Shawn, I'll get back in a cab and go straight to the airport. They'll have to get him to do my induction speech. I just feel that there's too much anger for me. Too combustible."
That would be a sight to see.

Disturbed316
03-26-2006, 03:51 PM
I hope Bret does appear with the other Hall of Fame inducties at Mania. The place would be going nutts.

Xero
03-26-2006, 04:21 PM
He couldn't because Michaels will be there. If he would walk out of the HOF because of Michaels, he would walk out of Mania because of him.

Quite frankly, I hope Michaels IS at the HOF and Hart just gets so pissed off that he punches Vince and leaves again.

Rob
03-26-2006, 07:43 PM
I hope Bret does appear with the other Hall of Fame inducties at Mania. The place would be going nutts.

He just said he wasn't. It took 9 years, a stroke and a guarantee he would get his archive footage whenever he wanted just to do the Hall of Fame and he still isn't collecting a cheque for it. He is hardly going to change his mind now.

He couldn't because Michaels will be there. If he would walk out of the HOF because of Michaels, he would walk out of Mania because of him.

Quite frankly, I hope Michaels IS at the HOF and Hart just gets so pissed off that he punches Vince and leaves again.

Hart is never going to punch Vince again. Michaels said publically that if it took him not being at the Hall of Fame for Bret to come back then he wouldn't show up. I guess we'll see if he lives up to his word.

Personally, although a lot of people doubt his word (and I did for ages), I do think Michaels has somewhat turned his life to the point he seems like a decent guy. 5 months ago, I would have said that if Bret was doing the HOF, he might as well shake hands with Michaels in public (he fixed his problems with Vince after all) and prove he is a better man. However, Michaels ran his mouth in his book for no reason other than to boost his own ego and I don't blame Bret now for making a demand for Shawn not to be there.

James Steele
03-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Everytime I read another Bret Hart interview, I lose more respect for Bret Hart. I understand him wanting his legacy remembered, but for god sakes he should get his head out of his ass and realize that his legacy is what it is because of the fans. Bret talks about how he "just couldn't worry about that stuff anymore". Well, I honestly feel that, IMO, Bret Hart is coming off like a self-centered holier-than-thou prick in this whole thing.

PorkSoda
03-26-2006, 07:54 PM
What would happen if Shawn Micheals was the one to induct Bret Hart?

The One
03-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Amen.

Hart's legacy has become a whinny little bitch. His exit over shadows anything he did while in the company and that is no one but his own fault. The fact he won't go down as "The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be" is his fault. In a way, Bret Screwed Bret.

Zen v.W.o.
03-26-2006, 08:26 PM
What are you talking about? Maybe to the little losers who look to negative things they'll think of Bret and the montreal thing, but I see and recall fondly 5 world titles and way more, having one of the finest and greatest careers of all time.

He's whining how now? He's setting his own terms, and good for him. That company already backstabbed their most loyal wrestler they had(Bret), so now Bret is actually doing stuff with them again, for his fans, yet sets up some terms that gives him control of what's going down. Good for you Bret, you got screwed, if they want you back so badly, like they so obviously do, then you tell them how the shit is gonna go down.

It isnt Bret who desperately needs the HOF, it's the WWE who desperately want the Hitman still. That says a fucking lot about his legacy.

James Steele
03-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Calm down fanboy, all I am saying that Bret Hart likes to think that he is the fucking greatest to ever step into a wrestling ring, but he isn't. He is one of the best, but there are more who many feel are far superior.

I just get annoyed how everybody talks about how Bret is the victim, but WWE has bent over backwards to kiss his ass and he throws a bitch fit at something as simple as just showing up to WrestleMania to get fucking cheered like nobody has ever been cheered before. There is a fine line between doing things on your own terms, and being a little egotistical bitch.

Fox
03-26-2006, 08:52 PM
What are you talking about? Maybe to the little losers who look to negative things they'll think of Bret and the montreal thing, but I see and recall fondly 5 world titles and way more, having one of the finest and greatest careers of all time.

He's whining how now? He's setting his own terms, and good for him. That company already backstabbed their most loyal wrestler they had(Bret), so now Bret is actually doing stuff with them again, for his fans, yet sets up some terms that gives him control of what's going down. Good for you Bret, you got screwed, if they want you back so badly, like they so obviously do, then you tell them how the shit is gonna go down.

It isnt Bret who desperately needs the HOF, it's the WWE who desperately want the Hitman still. That says a fucking lot about his legacy.

I have to disagree with that to a certain extent.

Obviously the WWE would love for Bret Hart to be involved in the McMahon/Michaels match at WrestleMania 22; it would be the cherry on top of what is going to be a rather bitter bowl of ice cream. However, in no way would I call the WWE's attempts at securing his appearance as "desperate." They definitely don't NEED Bret Hart, because his appearance would be nothing more than a great WrestleMania moment. Keyword there is "moment." He can't come back and set the world on fire by winning the WWE Championship. He can't wrestle. He can barely move.

Bret Hart has more than enough money to live out the rest of his life comfortably; he has no financial reason to come back and work out an angle with WWE. However, they do own the wrestling footage from Bret's WWE career, and he wanted it. He also didn't want his name sake to be dragged through the mud the way the Ultimate Warrior's was, which is why he did the DVD. Now, he's doing the Hall of Fame ceremony, to cement himself in the annals of WWF/E history, and rightfully so.

After this, I truly hope Bret Hart is done with the WWE forever.

James Steele
03-26-2006, 08:52 PM
I ran out of legitimate sympathy for Bret Hart, concerning the screwjob, a long time ago.

Loose Cannon
03-26-2006, 08:53 PM
Jericho thinks Bret is a god James Steele

James Steele
03-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Jericho thinks Bret is a god James Steele

Bret Hart legit thinks he is THE GOD OF WRESTLING. I am suprised he didn't demand that Ric Flair not be at the HoF Induction Ceremony and Vince McMahon suck him off live on camera.

Zen v.W.o.
03-26-2006, 09:13 PM
He could have asked for those things and Vince would have obliged, considering how desperate he is for Bret to do anything for his company. Bret is just having things done his way, and deservingly so.

redoneja
03-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Am I a mark for Bret Hart? YES

Do I think that Hart should bury the hatchet with HBK and appear on stage with the other HoF inductees at Wrestlemania? Yes

James Steele
03-26-2006, 09:18 PM
I respect him for what he did as a wrestler, but his stock as a person is plummeting with me (like he cares, but he obviously doesn't care about his fans as much as getting his taste of redemption for Montreal).

What's better?

To be like Shawn Michaels (A "bad person" to find God and have a change of heart)

or

to be like Bret (to be a classy guy only to turn into a bitter pathetic human being) Seriously, Bret is only a peg 1/2 above Bruno Sammartino.

Rob
03-27-2006, 11:09 AM
I have to disagree with that to a certain extent.

Obviously the WWE would love for Bret Hart to be involved in the McMahon/Michaels match at WrestleMania 22; it would be the cherry on top of what is going to be a rather bitter bowl of ice cream. However, in no way would I call the WWE's attempts at securing his appearance as "desperate." They definitely don't NEED Bret Hart, because his appearance would be nothing more than a great WrestleMania moment. Keyword there is "moment." He can't come back and set the world on fire by winning the WWE Championship. He can't wrestle. He can barely move.

Bret Hart has more than enough money to live out the rest of his life comfortably; he has no financial reason to come back and work out an angle with WWE. However, they do own the wrestling footage from Bret's WWE career, and he wanted it. He also didn't want his name sake to be dragged through the mud the way the Ultimate Warrior's was, which is why he did the DVD. Now, he's doing the Hall of Fame ceremony, to cement himself in the annals of WWF/E history, and rightfully so.

After this, I truly hope Bret Hart is done with the WWE forever.

You kidding me? WWE needs Bret Hart a million times more than Hart ever will need them.

Bret Hart has long since gotten over Mr fake wrestler. He doesn't watch the product anymore and wants nothing to do with WWE. You only ever hear him talk about it when people bring it up to him.

Which brings me to my next point... if WWE doesn't need Bret Hart, why do they do 157393 Montreal finishes even though it was 9 years ago? Why does everyone tell Bret Hart to get over it when it's only Vince McMahon who ever brings it back up? Why has McMahon asked Bret to come back and work at least 5 times since he bought WCW? Why was the first ever WWF Confidential all about Bret Hart? Why is the main angle in WWE right now (Michaels vs. McMahon's) built on Bret Hart's name? Why did they tell Bret Hart that they would do a negative DVD on his career if he didn't want to do the product that was eventually released? Why is Bret's DVD the fastest selling WWE DVD ever and on it's way to being the biggest seller of all time?

If Bret Hart didn't come back for Mania, it wouldn't bother him in the slighest for the rest of his life. Vince McMahon would still make a move to get him at least once a year for the rest of Bret's life.

Rob
03-27-2006, 11:10 AM
to be like Bret (to be a classy guy only to turn into a bitter pathetic human being) Seriously, Bret is only a peg 1/2 above Bruno Sammartino.

What has he done exactly that is so pathetic?

I'm piping up again. Just for the Hall of Fame - He is flying to the show on his own back. He isn't taking a penny to do the show. He is promoting WWE merch (his DVD) for them for free. He is legitimising their Hall of Fame by doing it. He is only coming back to do this as a farewell to his long time loyal fans like myself. Sounds REAL pathetic.

St. Jimmy
03-27-2006, 01:51 PM
http://img226.exs.cx/img226/3305/asagenie6pk.jpg

the legend lives on.... =D

Flair Wooo
03-27-2006, 02:36 PM
I respect him for what he did as a wrestler, but his stock as a person is plummeting with me (like he cares, but he obviously doesn't care about his fans as much as getting his taste of redemption for Montreal).

What's better?

To be like Shawn Michaels (A "bad person" to find God and have a change of heart)

or

Oh plz! Yes the guy's really changed and now has a heart of gold! Bullshit! He's still the same dickhead he always was, just that he has gotten a bit older and grown out of some of the shit he used to do. but that is all! ..go read his book ..full of bullshit!

Vince mcmahon would do anything to get bret at the Hof, Bret doesn't want the wwe the wwe want bret!

The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be - Bret "the hitman" hart

addy2hotty
03-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Bret Hart is a has-been. The sooner he realises that, and gets down off his own personal 'throne of greatness' the better.

Bret still, sadly, thinks he's bigger than the industry that made him, and yet he's quick to say that McMahon can't get over the past.

And so what if HBK is there? Bret can stand there and say 'I beat you to the HoF'. Surely that would be the ultimate, final victory for Hart?

No, he's going to run off the airport like a child taking their ball home because they are losing.

I don't expect Hart to appear at Mania, but to start laying down demands for the HoF, if I were Vince, I would have done what he did last time. Screw him, we'll put Michaels in instead.

addy2hotty
03-27-2006, 02:50 PM
He is legitimising their Hall of Fame by doing it.

How does Bret Hart being in there 'legitimise' it? Because ONE wrestler is in it? I don't think Hart is even close to being a 'wrestler that changed the industry'. Unless you count the fact he was Austin's opponent in the double-turn match.

I think Owen should have been in before his brother, I think DiBiase should be in before him. I think Flair should be in before him. Hart obviously was offered this place as part of his deal for agreeing to do the DVD.

Make no mistake, Hart is as selfish and as arrogant as always. And lets be honest, so what if he's 'flying his own way there'? I'm sure he can afford it.

Flair Wooo
03-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Bret Hart is a has-been. The sooner he realises that, and gets down off his own personal 'throne of greatness' the better.

Bret still, sadly, thinks he's bigger than the industry that made him, and yet he's quick to say that McMahon can't get over the past.

WHAT? How does bret think he is bigger than the industry that made him excatly? Maybe he's a bit bitter because of being screwed but he ain't no hogan or warrior!

And so what if HBK is there? Bret can stand there and say 'I beat you to the HoF'. Surely that would be the ultimate, final victory for Hart?

Ultimate victory?? I don't think bret will be going in just so he can say beat you to shawn! That's retarded! He's going in the hall of fame because vince has bent over backwards to get him to do it! Bret doesn't need to do this but i think vince needs this.

No, he's going to run off the airport like a child taking their ball home because they are losing.

I don't expect Hart to appear at Mania, but to start laying down demands for the HoF, if I were Vince, I would have done what he did last time. Screw him, we'll put Michaels in instead.

How is he losing? please explain (if you can) I don't see why morons like you're self are getting there pantys in a twist because bret is asking for a few dickheads (shawn) not to be there!

Vince deeply regrets what he did to bret and is sucking brets cock to get him in! So there will be no screwing bret and putting twatface in child.

However much you dislike bret you can't say he isn't one of the greatest wrestlers ever! And he fully deserves his place in the hall of fame.

The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be - Bret "the hitman" hart

McLegend
03-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Vince doesn't regret what he did to Bret. C'mon now

addy2hotty
03-27-2006, 04:37 PM
WHAT? How does bret think he is bigger than the industry that made him excatly? Maybe he's a bit bitter because of being screwed but he ain't no hogan or warrior!

Bret thinks he's bigger than the industry by making demands. He's not been in the WWE for years, yet is DEMANDING that Shawn Michaels isn't there. Making threats that he'll leave if Michaels, who despite the Montreal 'incident' is still universally liked, (unless he's in Canada, a country who still thinks it's 1997) isn't there.

Ultimate victory?? I don't think bret will be going in just so he can say beat you to shawn! That's retarded! He's going in the hall of fame because vince has bent over backwards to get him to do it! Bret doesn't need to do this but i think vince needs this.

I didn't say that was the ONLY reason for his entry, I said that he could view it partially like that. That Michaels (if you believe all the stories and rumours) attempted to ruin Hart's legacy, ruin his career and spoil his memories. This could be his way of saying 'you couldnt defeat me' to Michaels. I'm not sure Vince NEEDS Hart in the HoF, I'm assuming that it could've been the only way to make a few more million out of him in DVD sales and to be able to use him in storylines.

How is he losing? please explain (if you can) I don't see why morons like you're self are getting there pantys in a twist because bret is asking for a few dickheads (shawn) not to be there!

Vince deeply regrets what he did to bret and is sucking brets cock to get him in! So there will be no screwing bret and putting twatface in child.

Read my post again, I never said he was 'losing', I compared him to a child taking his ball home as they were losing in a game. I was calling him childish due to his comments.

However much you dislike bret you can't say he isn't one of the greatest wrestlers ever! And he fully deserves his place in the hall of fame.

Bret Hart used to be my favourite wrestler when I was younger. I don't dislike him one bit for his ability in the ring, and think I've probably missed out by never seeing him live. I think he probably deserves a place in the HoF, but certainly no more than a lot of other wrestlers that I've mentioned already. I disagree that he's the greatest ever wrestler, but then again, you obviously are his love-child so you'll argue that point.

Sadly, Ric, you've missed my big point. That being that Bret Hart is a child and a hypocrite. Had he taken his HoF induction and turned up at 'Mania like the others will, then I would have respected him. Had he left Michaels out of the equation, I would have respected him, much like I imagine Michaels would have at the actual event. But now I can see the flipside of the coin regarding Montreal. Bret truely believes his tagline, and obviously thinks he's still the biggest draw in wrestling. But realistically, any Bret Hart return would consist of a couple of big pops, a couple of standing ovations and then he'd be getting the kinda pops Austin gets when he returns these days. He's as bad for living in the past as Vince McMahon is.

Rob
03-27-2006, 05:16 PM
How does Bret Hart being in there 'legitimise' it? Because ONE wrestler is in it? I don't think Hart is even close to being a 'wrestler that changed the industry'. Unless you count the fact he was Austin's opponent in the double-turn match.

I think Owen should have been in before his brother, I think DiBiase should be in before him. I think Flair should be in before him. Hart obviously was offered this place as part of his deal for agreeing to do the DVD.

Make no mistake, Hart is as selfish and as arrogant as always. And lets be honest, so what if he's 'flying his own way there'? I'm sure he can afford it.

You dickhead. Really I can't say anything else to even bring up how stupid you are. I try to be civil with everyone and then once in a while, someone like you comes along.

Who said ONE wrestler makes or breaks the Hall of Fame? If you think it's more legit without Bret Hart, Bob Backlund, Bruno Sammartino and Randy Savage but with Johnny Rodz, James Dudley and the fucking Fridge then you need your head checked kid. And if you think Steve Austin would have been the biggest star in the business without Bret Hart then you are a mark. Michaels wouldn't have done business with Austin and he was the only guy at the time who could work in Bret's league.

Owen Hart and Ted DiBiase before Bret Hart in the Hall of Fame? Put down the crack pipe. I love both those guys and my son is going to be named after Owen but no. Just no. And Bret got in the Hall of Fame for doing a DVD? Nothing to do with the fact he carried the company on his back during a time where they were losing money head over fist and it was VERY possible the company was gonna close down? Nothing to do with drawing MILLIONS of dollars for the WWF? Nothing to do with being one of the biggest stars in the wrestling business EVER? Sorry my mistake. I wonder what it's gonna take for Bruno Sammartino to do the Hall of Fame now. Probably a ham sandwitch by your logic.

Oh Bret can afford to pay his own travel so he should work for Vince McMahon for free right? Leave me out. I guess HHH and Michaels the rest of the roster should work for free as well right? Why not? They can all afford to right? But I guess we should all work for free if we can afford it. Especially for a stand up guy like Vinnie Mac. If he told me it was raining outside I'd still go out and check. Not that I don't believe him, I just don't wanna get wet.

Loose Cannon
03-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Rob: 789
TPWW: 0

McDoogle
03-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Not to sound like an idiot Rob and ive read the interview etc but since you seem to honestly know everything and all, are you saying theres ZERO chance of Hart being at Mania?

McDoogle
03-27-2006, 05:39 PM
I know he said no a million times but im holding out on a little bit of hope that he might come back for the one night.

Rob
03-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Not to sound like an idiot Rob and ive read the interview etc but since you seem to honestly know everything and all, are you saying theres ZERO chance of Hart being at Mania?

I don't know everything. I trust Bret Hart's word though. Never say never but Bret has a flight out of Chi-town the morning of the show and I know Vince will try and make that million dollar pitch to Bret to do something on the show. If I had to bet on it, I'd bet my entire savings account, my car and just about everything else I own of some worth on him not physically being there live in person on the show (meaning out in front of the crowd live and no taped shit).

McDoogle
03-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Shit.

Mr. JL
03-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Honestly, from a fans point of view... I really wish Bret Hart would at keast come out for the Hall of Fame induction segment of Wrestle Mania. Just seeing him walking out to his old music one last time would put me over the top as a fan.

However, I still respect his decision to not appear at Wrestle Mania. But yeah, I'd definitely like to see him there though.

6to1
03-27-2006, 06:41 PM
and theres nothing keeping him from doing something with tna since he did not sign a contract with the wwe.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-27-2006, 06:53 PM
I don't like wrestling anymore, it is the gayest shit in the world. But I will always LOVE Bret Hart. If I could, I'd marry him.

THUS

Rob Harvey, I love you.

Xero
03-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Didn't read the whole thread so this may have been mentioned, but Bret is always going to be remembered, first and foremost, for the screwjob. From today until the day he dies and years after that, the first thing ANYONE will remember when talking about Bret Hart is the screwjob. Whenever he's interviewed for anything even remotely wrestling-related, the screwjob will ALWAYS come up.

Let's face it, he will be remember by everyone 20, 30, 40 years from now as the man who was screwed in the most well-known shoot ever to take place in professional wrestling before anything else.

Edit: Shit, I don't even know if this is the thread that mentions anything like this, but meh...

addy2hotty
03-28-2006, 01:01 PM
You dickhead. Really I can't say anything else to even bring up how stupid you are. I try to be civil with everyone and then once in a while, someone like you comes along.

Who said ONE wrestler makes or breaks the Hall of Fame? If you think it's more legit without Bret Hart, Bob Backlund, Bruno Sammartino and Randy Savage but with Johnny Rodz, James Dudley and the fucking Fridge then you need your head checked kid. And if you think Steve Austin would have been the biggest star in the business without Bret Hart then you are a mark. Michaels wouldn't have done business with Austin and he was the only guy at the time who could work in Bret's league.

Owen Hart and Ted DiBiase before Bret Hart in the Hall of Fame? Put down the crack pipe. I love both those guys and my son is going to be named after Owen but no. Just no. And Bret got in the Hall of Fame for doing a DVD? Nothing to do with the fact he carried the company on his back during a time where they were losing money head over fist and it was VERY possible the company was gonna close down? Nothing to do with drawing MILLIONS of dollars for the WWF? Nothing to do with being one of the biggest stars in the wrestling business EVER? Sorry my mistake. I wonder what it's gonna take for Bruno Sammartino to do the Hall of Fame now. Probably a ham sandwitch by your logic.

Oh Bret can afford to pay his own travel so he should work for Vince McMahon for free right? Leave me out. I guess HHH and Michaels the rest of the roster should work for free as well right? Why not? They can all afford to right? But I guess we should all work for free if we can afford it. Especially for a stand up guy like Vinnie Mac. If he told me it was raining outside I'd still go out and check. Not that I don't believe him, I just don't wanna get wet.

Dear oh dear, talk about missing the point on every single thing I've said. Bret giveths with one hand and takeths away with another? I'll fly down on my own back if you promise that big bully Shawn isn't there. If I even see him, I'm gonna get in a cab and go to the airport because, you know, I'm totally over the past, and think that the WWE should get over it too.

I don't think any ONE wrestler legitimises the HoF. Not at all. I don't think Bret being in it suddenly legitimises it like the poster above says. That was what that reply was to. Like I said, I think Hart hould be in the HoF eventually. But not before other wrestlers like Owen and Dibiase. I don't personally think Eddie Guerrero should be in this years either. But thats what the WWE are good at, capitalising on a situation. Or haven't you noticed that in recent programming.

All of a sudden, after years of waiting, we get Hart to agree to do a DVD, and then suddenly after years of waiting he's in the HoF. Some would say thats an enormous coincedience. Not you of course. That's against popular 'I love Bret' opinion.

I agree that Stone Cold probably would have had a longer wait for the big explosion in popularity had he not faced Hart, but it would have still happened.

Bret Hart fully deserves his place in the HoF, his attitude and arrogance regarding the event might stink to high heaven, but none the matter. He's better than all that, right?

Rob
03-28-2006, 02:05 PM
I don't like wrestling anymore, it is the gayest shit in the world. But I will always LOVE Bret Hart. If I could, I'd marry him.

THUS

Rob Harvey, I love you.

Right back at cha