PDA

View Full Version : MITB - Who Will Win?

Russenmafia
03-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Who will win this years Money in the Bank ladder match and get that title shot valid for a year?

dablackguy
03-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Flair.. this doesn't mean I want him to win but.... none of the guys on the smackdown side seem ready to get a title shot, Shelton is well.. black, a known handicap in the wrestling world. So its either RVD of Flair and I dont feel like wwe is going to put RVD over, no matter how many of us want it

John la Rock
03-27-2006, 02:21 PM
probably Flair

Mr. JL
03-27-2006, 03:29 PM
RVD had better fucking win.

UmbrellaCorporation
03-27-2006, 03:48 PM
RVD had better fucking win.

redoneja
03-27-2006, 04:16 PM
RVD is who should win, in terms of what is best for business. But I would enjoy seeing Flair or Finlay win.

Either way, I want to see Finlay challenge Kurt Angle for the title. I think he could be made into a legit contender, and have them wrestle at Judgement Day or GAB(no one watches these PPVs anyway, so don't worry about the buyrates.) Of course, I'd have Angle go over. Eh, I'll here before I get lost in an Alienoid-esque fantasy.

V
03-27-2006, 04:22 PM
..you don't think RVD winning is best for business?

RVD > everyone in the match

redoneja
03-27-2006, 04:48 PM
RVD is who should win, in terms of what is best for business.

:p

Mr. Nerfect
03-27-2006, 06:17 PM
I honestly believe Bobby Lashley will win. With the WWE putting so much emphasis on WrestleMania streaks, do you really think they'd have him lose his first WM match?

RVD winning would be fine and dandy, but what is he going to do with it? RVD swinging a briefcase around isn't something I can picture. Although, I must admit, it goes get more and more awesome the longer I try. RVD goes into my possible list of winners.

Shelton Benjamin could use the win, and being IC Champion, it would elevate the belt. They have seemingly scrapped Mama Benjamin now, which is a good thing. Benjamin could win this and it would be a great step for the company. I don't seem the putting a heel over in this match again, though.

Ric Flair winning? Ew. I'm sorry, but I don't want to picture it. I respect the man, and he's still better than a lot of the roster, but does he need to be so many of them to earn his shot? Just have him challenge Triple H on an edition of RAW one day. I will mark out if Flair does a Flair Flop off the ladder, though.

Finlay winning is a little from the Shelton Benjamin column, a little from the Ric Flair column. He's good, but I doubt he needs to win this match, destroying so much young and up-coming talent's chances. Finlay just recently got a win over Rey Mysterio. I expect this to carry Finlay into the main event. 'Lay will be awsome in this match, but he shouldn't win, in my opinion.

Matt Hardy winning, while it would be the most shocking scenario, and would re-launch Matt Hardy back into the main event scene, is not a very likely scenario. Hardy will likely re-capture his fanbase in this match, and hopefully he will take some steps forward from this, but I don't expect the WWE to assist too greatly with Hardy's upward momentum.

Bobby Lashley winning seems premature, and I agree, but it is probably the most eerie way to close the match. Lashley lays waste to all that oppose him, and climbs the ladder and solidifies himelf as a top guy. Lashley standing on top of the ladder doing his signature pose is a pretty cool thing to picture. It could also be argued that if the WWE is going to push every single one of these guys into the main event post-WrestleMania, Lashley needs it most of all.

Mr. JL
03-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Bobby Lashley won't get it. I think the WWE has learned this lesson already with Brock Lesnar.

Mr. JL
03-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Hence is exactly why Bobby Lashley is going to win.

Nervous Ferret
03-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Finlay and Lashely aare gunna continue their fued after WM, so neither of them will win.

RVD? Lets get serious here. I'd love to see it as much as you guys, but it's not happenning.

That leaves Flair or Benjamin, and I really don't know. Shelton seems like he could be this years "project" as was Edge this year, but I have a feeling Flair will win. gay

Nervous Ferret
03-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Also lol@even considering Mattr Hardy to win, he will have his stupid fued with Road Warrior then go back to Velocity. Or heat. Whichever won is the smackDOWN! side.

loopydate
03-27-2006, 06:54 PM
I think RVD has all the momentum, since he's still hot after returning from his injury. A win could put him back where he was in 2001 the first time WWF/E dropped the ball on his main event push. It would make a lot more sense for him to win it than almost anyone else.

Lashley doesn't need it, since he's pretty much been booked as nigh-unbeatable. This is the kind of match where someone can not win, but also not be viewed as the loser. Have Lashley and Finlay fighting outside the ring while RVD pulls down the briefcase.

Flair doesn't need it, either. As has been mentioned before, Flair can just challenge for the title any old time, anyway (and has on multiple occasions over the last couple of years during HHH and Edge's title reigns).

And I honestly think that Finlay (the character) cares more about hurting people than he does about a title shot, so his motivation in the match would be to injure people, not to climb and get the gold.

Matt Hardy has been so horribly buried that no one would take an MITB win seriously.

Shelton has the best shot outside of RVD, but I see him as I saw him going into last year's MITB. He'll probably steal the show by putting on the best performance, but he'll just come up short. Hopefully they'll do something during the course of the match to set up a Shelton/RVD feud for the summer. Then, if they put on some good even matches, Shelton can get elevated into the ME as well as RVD.

Mr. Nerfect
03-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Actually, Matt Hardy winning wouldn't be so bad. I mean, sure, he's just in the match because he's been in plenty of Ladder Matches, but I think it could work.

Matt Hardy has been in a Money in the Bank Ladder Match before (USA Network re-debut show), and lost only because Lita held him in the ropes. Hardy winning and re-challenging Edge may not make the most sense in the world to people, but I can see the WWE doing it.

Have Finlay & Lashley brawl away from the ring. RVD, Benjamin & Flair get carried away, too. This leaves the title shot for Matt Hardy to grab. He does, and we have the most surprising ending to the match possible.

Cena retains the title at WrestleMania, defends against Edge on RAW, Triple H costs Cena the match. Hardy attacks Edge and lets him know he is cashing in his shot at Backlash.

So at Backlash we have:
-Edge vs. Matt Hardy for the WWE Championship
-John Cena vs. Triple H in a Street Fight
-Shelton Benjamin vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Ric Flair in a 3-Way Dance for the WWE Intercontinental Championship