PDA

View Full Version : WrestleMania streaks

NeanderCarl
03-29-2006, 08:51 PM
In addition to the Undertaker's perfect 13-0 winning streak, a lot of people don't credit Edge with also having an unbeaten streak at WrestleMania, currently standing at 4-0. Does anyone think this is an unreffered to attempt to create a new Undertaker-style streak to play off when Taker is retired? Or will Edge's streak come to an end on Sunday night?

On the flip side, Big Show has never won a WrestleMania match, standing at a very poor 0-6.

NeanderCarl
03-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Batista is also undefeated at Mania, by the way, at 2-0.

McLegend
03-29-2006, 08:53 PM
I think Edge is losing at Mania.

John la Rock
03-29-2006, 10:22 PM
John Cena is also 2-0

mrslackalack
03-29-2006, 10:23 PM
I would like to see Edge and Taker fight at WM 23 correct me if I am wrong but I believe they had never wrestled before.

John la Rock
03-29-2006, 10:23 PM
I think Edge is losing at Mania.

hopefully. When was the last time Mick Foley actually won a match? i think he's the only 3 time WWE Champ who has twice as many losses as wins

HeartBreakMan2k
03-29-2006, 10:27 PM
Wrestlemania was so much better when people didn't care about "streaks". The only one that matters is Taker's and that's only if they job him out to the right person (by the way, Mark Henry is not the right person and it's not going to happen); his streak wasn't even intential. I don't think WWE even cared until they saw it was marketable around 9 or so.

Xero
03-29-2006, 10:28 PM
I would like to see Edge and Taker fight at WM 23 correct me if I am wrong but I believe they had never wrestled before.
I'm not sure, but they may have crossed paths before or after Edge was in the Ministry.

As a matter of fact, I'm thinking that Taker and Kane had at least one match with Edge and Christian. I'm probably wrong, though.

Aussie Skier
03-29-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm not sure, but they may have crossed paths before or after Edge was in the Ministry.

As a matter of fact, I'm thinking that Taker and Kane had at least one match with Edge and Christian. I'm probably wrong, though.

I'm fairly sure taker and edge fought during the invasion angle. I can remember a line by William Regal saying "And I want you two (E and C) to have a match against two brothers who are having a bit of trouble, kane and taker"...altho, in hindsight, they may have been Regal talking to Kanyon and DDP...

Xero
03-29-2006, 10:40 PM
From Edge's OWW Profile:

WWF Tag Team titles w/Christian defeating Rock & Undertaker (December 19, 2000);

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/e/edge.html

There are a few other instances of Taker in his profile as well, so he's faced Taker on TV multiple times.

anandraval
03-29-2006, 10:51 PM
I was gonna say that

Indifferent Clox
03-29-2006, 10:55 PM
taker will go to 13 I'm sure of it. then he'll lose in a retirement match.

Mr. Nerfect
03-30-2006, 12:47 AM
I personally think that next year, they should have The Undertaker vs. Edge. They could do something different with it, because the match can be set-up "Streak vs. Streak" with Edge not being able to get out of it because he can't really change his WrestleMania streak. It would be hilarious to see Edge vs. Eugene at WrestleMania 22.5, set up by Edge so he can get out of the match.

He ends up beating Taker and going 6-0 at WrestleMania. That should be it for streaks.

Sadistic
03-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Foley should certainly lose this Sunday.

They could actually use Edge's winning streak in future angles and to make money in the future.
What will Foley winning do? Absoultley nothing. It will ruin Edge's streak, ruin future angles and we won't see Foley for another 6 months.

NeanderCarl
03-30-2006, 02:22 PM
I personally think that next year, they should have The Undertaker vs. Edge. They could do something different with it, because the match can be set-up "Streak vs. Streak" with Edge not being able to get out of it because he can't really change his WrestleMania streak. It would be hilarious to see Edge vs. Eugene at WrestleMania 22.5, set up by Edge so he can get out of the match.

He ends up beating Taker and going 6-0 at WrestleMania. That should be it for streaks.

You know, I'd never considered Edge as a candidate to end the 'Takers Mania streak, but now that you've mentioned it, it's so obvious. I really think this year would be a better time to do it, however, as hopefully by next year, Edge will be fully entrenched in the main event scene (off the back of his recent run... until then, I never saw anything in Edge.)

A Winning Streak vs Winning Streak match would have an in-built storyline, and an Edge victory would be a definite passing of the WrestleMania torch. If WWE has any sense, they will pick up on Edge's unbeaten streak and book Undertaker vs Edge for WM23, where somebody is going to lose for the first time ever at WrestleMania.

mrslackalack
03-30-2006, 09:24 PM
5 marquee matches that would sell out Ford Field at WM 23

Hogan vs Austin

Foley vs Flair

Taker vs Edge

Batista vs Angle

The Rock wrestling

Dorkchop
03-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Mohammed Hassan has never lost at Wrestlemania.

Indifferent Clox
03-30-2006, 09:46 PM
*explains how he has never lost at wrestlemania and then makes everyone in this thread job to him untill he has the best streak in TPWW history*

John la Rock
03-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Mohammed Hassan has never lost at Wrestlemania.

he also has never won

Dorkchop
03-30-2006, 09:59 PM
he also has never won

DOUBLE STREAK!

Indifferent Clox
03-30-2006, 10:30 PM
why do so many people run around naked at wrestlemania?

Loose Cannon
03-30-2006, 10:38 PM
Edge beating Taker's streak might be the heeby jeeby moment of the year.

Savio
03-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Hassan only lost 3 matches right?

Indifferent Clox
03-30-2006, 11:35 PM
I'm on everyone of the topics on the front page! up to this one

NeanderCarl
03-31-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm on everyone of the topics on the front page! up to this one

Congratulations.

Don't agree with the Foley/Flair match though. That moment has already passed, so it will be even less relevant one year from now. I'd rather see Ric Flair defend the WWE title in his official retirement match at next year's WrestleMania, with the story being he is desperate to be the first person to retire as champion.

NeanderCarl
03-31-2006, 12:08 PM
and hows about Rock vs Orton and Batista vs Lesnar for next years show?