PDA

View Full Version : Do you consider Chris Jericho to be a three time champ??

Pinnacle Charisma
04-03-2006, 04:58 AM
I was reading an interview with Chris Jericho on a recent issue of popular uk wrestling magazine PowerSlam. The obivous question came up when the interviewer asked Chris if he felt he should have had another title reign rather than the just being the first undisputed champ. Chris repiled that he is actually a three time champ because he won the wcw belt during the invasion.

Now not many consider those to count because it was treated as a secondary title. But then again the smackdown title is always treated as a secondary title and Booker-T is recognised as a 5 time wcw champ yet 2 of those where during the invasion.

Im not sure Im the biggest Jericho mark but I still see him having one title run.

My question is do you consider Jericho to be a 3 time champ?:naughty:

Funky Fly
04-03-2006, 05:15 AM
He is a 3 time champ.

And if you're really nitpicking about Booker T's titles, it should be noted that he was champ when the company was sold, and thus champ going into InVasion.

chipoftheoldblock
04-03-2006, 05:28 AM
Jericho is a 2 time WCW World Heavyweight Champ and a 1 time WWE Champion, making him a 3 time Heavyweight Champ.

Rob
04-03-2006, 08:13 AM
How can he not being a 3 time champ?

Kane Knight
04-03-2006, 08:28 AM
I remember one time Endora turned him into one, thinking he was "Durwood," but who else turned him into a chimp?

Xero
04-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Jericho is a 2 time WCW World Heavyweight Champ and a 1 time WWE Champion, making him a 3 time Heavyweight Champ.
Jericho is actually a 2 time WWE champion, but it "never happened", so I'm just picking it out of my ass.

Chavo Classic
04-04-2006, 06:18 AM
No, even if we took this into account he would still only be a two time champion because he won the first undisputed championship - not the WWE and the then WCW title, but just the one title which is why it was called the undisputed championship!

You Jericho marks will tell yourselves anything

V
04-04-2006, 07:29 AM
hmmmmm

According to the WWE, Triple H is a 10 time champion right? Does that include his undisputed title win as 2 reigns?

If it doesn't, then by WWE's standards Jericho is a 2 time champ...

Xero
04-04-2006, 09:55 AM
No, even if we took this into account he would still only be a two time champion because he won the first undisputed championship - not the WWE and the then WCW title, but just the one title which is why it was called the undisputed championship!

You Jericho marks will tell yourselves anything
ACTUALLY, Jericho won the WCW title from Rock, BEFORE it was merged (he had to win both to merge them). He was the WCW champion and then went for and won the WWF championship.

So, he's a one time WCW champion, one time WWF champion, and one time Undisputed Champion. It could be argued, I guess, that the WWF championship was merged at the time of the victory, thus making him only one time WCW and one time Undisputed champion, but there would have to have been a "final" WWF champion (at that time), and I would consider that to be Jericho.

V
04-04-2006, 11:00 AM
oh right, completely forgot that he beat rock and austin in the same night :p

he's a three time champ :)

just 7 more to be as good as the game :shifty:

The One
04-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Reign One: October 10, 2001 - approx. 10:30 estern time - Chris Jericho beats The Rock to win the WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Reign Two: December 9, 2001 - approx. 10:30 eastern time - Chris Jericho beats The Rock to win the World Heavyweight Championship (formerly the WCW Title, renamed to simply World Title by Vince McMahon on Nov. 19, 2001)

Reign Three: December 9, 2001 - Approx. 11:00 eastern time - Chris Jericho beats Steve Austin to win the WWF Championship.

It is at this point in time when Chris Jericho begins to be known as the Undisputed Champion...

If you break it down in a real technical pain in the ass way, he is a 3 time Champion. Think of it this way, if Austin had beat Jericho to unify the titles, wouldn't we still consider Jericho a 2 time Champ? If that is the case, and you would consider him a two time champion of a "World" caliber title, then winning the WWF Championship later in that same night has little to no baring on his first two reigns and can be considered a thrid seperate reign.

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Yeah, he's a three-time World Champ. I would love to see him make it four, though.

Chavo Classic
04-05-2006, 06:26 AM
Yes, but on December 9th at Vengeance the aim was to crown an undisputed champion. It doesn't matter what order Jericho won the belts or eventhat he won the belts in two subsequent matches, but the fact that he won overall and was the first undispputed champion.

I mean, when Lennox Lewis was the undisputed heavyweight boxing champion of the world, he wasn't champion of the world 4 times over, he was just the undisputed champion... that's one title!

But I suppose you could interpret the events of December 9th 2001 in any way depending on if you're a Jericho mark or not. If you are, then you have a case. If you're not, you also have a case but then there's no point arguing because you'll just getting shouted down.

V
04-06-2006, 03:01 PM
okay chavo, what if Jericho beat the rock, and then lost to austin?

Jericho would only be a 1 time champ? I don't think so... the first match was for the world heavyweight title, the second was for the undisputed

Yes I'm a Jericho mark, but I could care less about how many titles he got on him, having three doesn't make him any better than having 2

Xero
04-06-2006, 03:04 PM
okay chavo, what if Jericho beat the rock, and then lost to austin?

Jericho would only be a 1 time champ? I don't think so... the first match was for the world heavyweight title, the second was for the undisputed

Yes I'm a Jericho mark, but I could care less about how many titles he got on it, having three doesn't make him any better than having 2
Jericho would then be a one time champion, yes.

That doesn't even make sense. If it was one match, then yes, he would actually only be a ONE TIME champion. The only way that would have happend is if it was an elimination triple threat. The fact that Jericho won two different matches means that he is a three time champion, both the last WWF and WCW champion and first time Undisputed champion.

The One
04-06-2006, 03:11 PM

That doesn't even make sense. If it was one match, then yes, he would actually only be a ONE TIME champion. The only way that would have happend is if it was an elimination triple threat. The fact that Jericho won two different times means that he is a three time champion, both the last WWF and WCW champion and first time Undisputed champion.

I guess that is where the almighty debate could and did arise. It ultimatly comes down to if you think that all three matches wern't for individual titles but rather for one Undisputed Championship...I personally believe that it was a tournament where the final victor would be Undisputed Champion, however title exchanges did take place during the lead up.

I also view it as had The Rock beaten Jericho to retain, but Angle beat Austin to win the WWF Title, that would make Angle a 5 time WWE Champion, as apposed to the 4 time Champion he is today.

V
04-06-2006, 03:12 PM

That doesn't even make sense. If it was one match, then yes, he would actually only be a ONE TIME champion. The only way that would have happend is if it was an elimination triple threat. The fact that Jericho won two different matches means that he is a three time champion, both the last WWF and WCW champion and first time Undisputed champion.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say lol

if he had beaten the rock and then lost to austin, he would be a 2 time champ, but by chavo's logic he would only be a 1 time champ since the whole thing was for the undisputed title. which does not make sense

The One
04-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Uhh....after carefully reading Xero's argument, I think he forgot Jericho's original reign with the WCW Title a few months eariler.

So if that is true, Xero, do you consider Jericho a 4 time World Caliber Champ?

Xero
04-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Jericho had a WCW title reign?

Holy shit I had completely forgot about that.

So yeah, 4 time, because I consider Jericho the final WWF and WCW champion, AS WELL AS the Undisputed Champion.

The One
04-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Wow, you don't hear the argument that Jericho is a 4 Time Champ very often...though since WWE is terrible at getting their story straight and has never really explained how that all works, I guess it could, in theory, pass for a credible argument.

V
04-06-2006, 03:43 PM
wait, Jericho had a reign in wcw?

By Logic I would also argue that Jericho is a 4 time champ then, but according to the first post in this thread he said himself that he is a three time champ. I am not in a position to argue against what Jericho says lol

In the end it's not that important i suppose, but i still think he should be considered a 4 time champ, even though he's probably only considered three

The One
04-06-2006, 03:49 PM
wait, Jericho had a reign in wcw?

It wasn't in WCW, he beat The Rock for the WCW Title at No Mercy...he then lost the title to The Rock...he then beat The Rock once again for the belt at Vengence...

Seriously guys, the 11th post in this thread, outlines all of this. And whoever made that post is smart enough that you should always pay attention to him. :shifty:

Xero
04-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Who the hell even remembers that? Seriously? That era was such a clusterfuck I don't even know who the WWF champion was at SummerSlam...

The One
04-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Steve Austin was WWF Champion...he faced Kurt Angle, Austin was DQ'd...Austin Retained.

Booker T was WCW Champion...he faced (the returning) The Rock, Rock pinned Booker...Rock was new WCW Champion.

Xero
04-06-2006, 04:06 PM
I said WWF, not WCW. I knew Rock/Booker. :(

V
04-06-2006, 04:51 PM
how is he a 4 time champion then?

Reign 1 = WCW Title No Mercy 2001 - That Raw Episode he lost
Reign 2 = WCW Title Vengeance 2001 for half an hour
Reign 3 = Undisputed Champion Vengeance 2001 - Wrestlemania 18

Are you counting the undisputed title seperate from the WWF title and WCW title wins? I'd have to argue against that... Jericho is a 3 time champion

Xero
04-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Who was the final WWF champion then? Austin?

Since he was the champion going into it, and Jericho was the one who MERGED them, I would say that he was the final WWF champion, as I have said.

When RVD merged the Hardcore and IC titles, he was counted as the final Hardcore champion, NOT Dreamer, so by that logic, Jericho is a four time WWF champion.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/hard/

Skippord
04-06-2006, 11:51 PM
What about that one time he won it from HHH and then it was overturned :shifty:

Savio
04-07-2006, 07:40 AM
I guess you could say 3 time I only consider him a 2 timing <s>son of a bitch</s> Champ.