PDA

View Full Version : WWE Championships

Rock Bottom
02-02-2004, 02:42 AM
Which championships do you think should change hands? And to who? How would you go about it, and why? I hope we're in for some belt changing soon (since Evolution is whoring all the raw gold and Big Show hasn't even aknowledged his belt...) and I thought to hear some opinions.

I'd like to see Lesnar and Orton keep their titles for a while.

Would love to see Triple H drop the belt but that goes without saying. Really would put Benoit clean over HHH at WMXX and have him take all challenges.

Would like to see The Bashams lose their belts to a heel team that can actually speak.

Would like to see Big Show lose that belt to John Cena. Cena is pretty successful with his gimmick and we all know about the Big Show. I thought the IC/US title was more of a 'test drive' of how someone may do with the belt traditionally... We all know how Show does...

Other than that, no real ideas.

Head
02-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Would like to see Benoit pick up the World Title at Wrestlemania.

I say keep the WWE title on Brock till at least Summerslam. He does a really good job with the title, he looks dominating, but somehow doesn't bury people (except Hardcore Holly).

Put the US Title on a heel Eddie, and have him feud with a face Cena over it. I always thought Eddie made a better heel anyway.

Let Orton keep the IC title until a few weeks after Wrestlemania I say. I wouldn't mind seeing the WWE push Steven Richards as a face and have him take the title from Orton (hey I could dream).

The CyNick
02-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Eddie is too over to be a heel at this point.

I think its time for Hunter to drop out of the World Title picture, obviously a long reign by Benoit would be cool. In fact, it would be a good idea to have him keep it for about 8 months and then have Orton beat him for the title, which could lead to the Hunter-Orton split.

Lesnar should drop the WWE title to Eddie at some point in early summer/late spring.

Cena needs to get the US title at NWO or Mania, Mania might be better unless they have a fued in mind for Cena (like RVD or something).

I think the SD tag titles need to change hands more often. They have very few teams, so the way I think they should build interest is by having the title change hands frequently between two or three teams. That kinda builds up a long term fued, where either team could win at any time.

Orton shouldn't lose the IC title, well not ever, but not anytime soon.

Loose Cannon
02-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Orton shouldn't lose the IC title

Great idea Cynick :yes: :yes: :yes:

Corkscrewed
02-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Orton, Lesnar, Mysterio keep their titles for at least two more months.

Big Show drops to Cena; HHH drops to Benoit;

Indifferent about both tag titles.

blake639raw
02-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Here's how I would have it after Mania:

WWE Champion: Brock Lesnar
US Champion: John Cena
SD Tag Champs: WGTT
Cruiserweight Champ: Rey Mysterio

World Heavyweight Champ: Chris Benoit
Intercontinental Champ: Randy Orton
Womens Champ: Trish Stratus