PDA

View Full Version : Will Tim White be the life of the party?

SammyG
04-06-2006, 04:52 PM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/superstars/tim_white/timwhitecelebration

TerranRich
04-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Oh no! A cliffhanger!

What WILL that wily ol' Tim White do NEXT??

The One
04-06-2006, 04:58 PM
They're just not funny if he doesn't kill himself.

Disturbed316
04-06-2006, 05:04 PM
ROFL "his head is so thick, not even the hitmans amour piecing bullets do the job"

Ridiculas.

"This is wise Mr White"

I think they done this so they can think up new ideas on how to attempt to kill him.

tucsonspeed6
04-06-2006, 05:06 PM
"You know what, Mr. White? This IS wise!"

Edit: Oops. Didn't refresh to see Disturbed's comment

Lock Jaw
04-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Tim's finally done it. He's realized that he HAS to kill Matthews instead of himself.

IT'S A TRAP! IT'S A TRAP! IT'S A TRAP!

Savio
04-06-2006, 05:26 PM
"You know what, Mr. White? This IS wise!":lol:

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
04-06-2006, 05:38 PM
I was praying for it to be Anthrax like Josh suggested. :lol:

KingofOldSchool
04-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Tim is going to give Josh alcohol poisoning.

Team Sheep
04-06-2006, 06:18 PM
The series finale next week! We'll be back next Fall with more of Timmy's Dastardly Deeds!

:shifty:

Shadow
04-06-2006, 06:29 PM
You know something...that laugh at the end is really telling. He's going to blow up the Tap!

Corkscrewed
04-06-2006, 07:41 PM
ROFLMAO! That was the "line" Tim's had all series (if you don't count gargling sounds as lines).

Hilarious stuff! Can't wait to see what they come up with next week! :lol:

Kane Knight
04-06-2006, 08:37 PM
"Tim White's head is so thick that despite the accuracy of the sniper's armor piercing bullet..."

Kane Knight
04-06-2006, 08:39 PM
...Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand "Pop goes the Weasel."

Savio
04-06-2006, 09:09 PM
ROFLMAO! That was the "line" Tim's had all series (if you don't count gargling sounds as lines).

Hilarious stuff! Can't wait to see what they come up with next week! :lol:Well the first episode he went on about HIAC ruining his life.

Kane Knight
04-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Well the first episode he went on about HIAC ruining his life.

That wasn't really part of the series.

NeanderCarl
04-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Lunchtime Suicide is crap.

So why do I watch it EVERY week??

It's going too far in the name of "entertainment". The day I watched Tim White hang himself on "Lunchtime" was the same day I found out a good mate of mine had done the same thing. Suicide ain't a comedy topic.

And Groundhog Day already played this gimmick to death (no pun intended) 13 years ago.

Savio
04-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah if you knew someone who did it I wouldn't like it

Kane Knight
04-06-2006, 10:12 PM

It's going too far in the name of "entertainment". The day I watched Tim White hang himself on "Lunchtime" was the same day I found out a good mate of mine had done the same thing. Suicide ain't a comedy topic.

And Groundhog Day already played this gimmick to death (no pun intended) 13 years ago.

You know, I actually found the body of one of my friends. I know how horrible suicide can be.

But so can war, and they've made war comedies.

So can rape, and George Carlin has a very good routine around that.

So can murder, and we know how that turns out in WB cartoons.

Poverty? That's never funny...Unless it's on cable.

Don't use the "a friend of mine killed themselves" line as a reason to say this isn't a laughing matter or whatever. It may not be funny to you, because it hit home on the same day, but that's you, and not wholly realistic nor reflective of whether things that are horrible can be funny.

"When you give your whole life to your heart's desire, they find you face down in the bottom of a wishing well"

--The Swinging Steaks.

Shadow
04-06-2006, 10:26 PM

Dunno why you come back every week.

Maybe because you're...retarded?

Kane Knight
04-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Apparently, he wants us to feel as nauseated as he does over the Time White segments?

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
04-06-2006, 10:40 PM
During the HHH/Katie Vick angle, my great grandmother was dug up and violated. I feel your pain, NeanderCarl.

I'm joking, for anyone on the slow side.

Kane Knight
04-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Sorry about that, Jabba.

I suppose it would have been less horrible if I wasn't ALSO wearing a Kane mask.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
04-06-2006, 10:44 PM
I should be the one apologising...

SHE DIED OF AIDS

Kane Knight
04-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Good thing I alway wear a condom when rpaing the dead.

Practice safe necrophillia, y'all.

Kane Knight
04-06-2006, 10:46 PM
If only Vince would do the same when raping a beloved wrestler.

NeanderCarl
04-06-2006, 11:17 PM
During the HHH/Katie Vick angle, my great grandmother was dug up and violated. I feel your pain, NeanderCarl.

Hilarious, Jabba. About as hilarious as the "guess what, your friend aint in heaven... he's down there... IN HELL" and "i hope your friend is dug up and raped while you watch you piece of shit" comments you left whilst negatively repping me earlier for this post. Typical Manc jackass.

I like a dark comedy as much as anybody else. Yeah, this material CAN be funny, as it was in the aforementioned Groundhog Day.

But how can you justify it as part of a wrestling promotion? With a character who doesn't even wrestle, therefore won't benefit in any way from these skits? And on a website that probably millions of children visit every day?

I'm not trying to be a moral preacher here. A wrestling referee who tries to kill himself every week for no apparent reason and with no apparent punchline in sight... THAT'S "retarded".

Corkscrewed
04-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Well the first episode he went on about HIAC ruining his life.

Oh yeah. NVM

NeanderCarl
04-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Apparently, he wants us to feel as nauseated as he does over the Time White segments?

By the way, thanks for all pouncing on me for having an opinion that suicide is no laughing matter, having experienced the shit it can cause first hand. My mate was 20yrs old and I had to sit at his funeral and watch his heart-broken parents, brothers and sister speak and try to hold it together.

Having a weekly suicide skit where a referee gets shot, electrocuted, has his head chopped off by a fan etc. then shows up completely unharmed the next week, readily available on a website which children are probably watching, is completely irresponsible and yes, it IS nauseating. What kind of message does it send out to the more impressionable viewers? That eating rat poison is FINE because you'll be back for more next week?

Lunchtime Suicide doesn't offend me on a personal level. But I do think it's rather sad and quite wrong.

And anyone who wants to have a rather personal dig at me over the suicide of my mate... well, I wouldn't have expected it off some of you guys, I thought you were mature, intelligent posters from what I'd seen of you on TPWW.net before, especially Kane Knight who I've had a lot of respect for in the past. It's quite unneccessary. But there you go.

Kane Knight
04-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Honestly, it only became a joke after a bunch of wankers were complaining like a bunch of blubbering vaginas.

WWE found a way out--The easy way out.

Oh, but it's different with Groundhog's day...Because mumumumumu...Shut the Fuck Up. What was it your stupid ass just said? "Suicide ain't a comedy topic?"

You want to talk about "retarded," Running to the BAH GAWD WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN! line is pretty retarded.

And what "punchline" is needed beyond the one delivered within their own skit?

When you've stopped being a big, sloppy, blubbering vagina, please let us know.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
04-06-2006, 11:37 PM
My mate was 20yrs old and I had to sit at his funeral and watch his heart-broken parents, brothers and sister speak and try to hold it together.
He should've considered that. It's not up to the rest of the world to walk on egg shells because your dumb friend couldn't get his life in order and chose the easy way out.

Gertner
04-06-2006, 11:41 PM
MITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kane Knight
04-06-2006, 11:47 PM
By the way, thanks for all pouncing on me for having an opinion that suicide is no laughing matter, having experienced the shit it can cause first hand. My mate was 20yrs old and I had to sit at his funeral and watch his heart-broken parents, brothers and sister speak and try to hold it together.

Having a weekly suicide skit where a referee gets shot, electrocuted, has his head chopped off by a fan etc. then shows up completely unharmed the next week, readily available on a website which children are probably watching, is completely irresponsible and yes, it IS nauseating. What kind of message does it send out to the more impressionable viewers? That eating rat poison is FINE because you'll be back for more next week?

Lunchtime Suicide doesn't offend me on a personal level. But I do think it's rather sad and quite wrong.

And anyone who wants to have a rather personal dig at me over the suicide of my mate... well, I wouldn't have expected it off some of you guys, I thought you were mature, intelligent posters from what I'd seen of you on TPWW.net before. It's quite unneccessary. But there you go.

You want to whip it out? You ever held a longtime friend's corpse in your arm, trying to resuccitate someone who probably died 6 hours before? Have you ever been the one to break the news to someone's parents that their child killed themselves, because you were the one to find her dead?

Do you want to fucking whip it out, and see whose story is more horrible? And then pretend that I'm jumping over you like it's because your friend died?

Mumumumumu...You're mocking me for my suffering...

No, I'm jumping over you bringing it up in close context to some heavyhanded shit about how suicide is never funny, the proximity to which sure as fuck makes it look like you're saying "MY FRIEND DIED. THIS ISN'T FUNNY." EG, as though a leads to b.

Fuuuuuurther, don't bring up "mature" and "intelligent" posting, when you bring up your buddy's suicide. Fuck you. You want intelligent discussion, you don't go for that. That's below the belt, and anathema to intelligent and mature discussion.

And then you try and turn it into some bullshit "think of the children!!!!!!" shtick, which is utterly stupid. Like it leaves a bigger impression than cartoons, Kurt Cobain, or emo records. Like this isn't the same argument used to censor everything from Saturday morning cartoons to music to video games, because impressionable kids play super mario and learn to KILL! And kids see Wile E. Coyote fall off a cliff and live and then THEY JUMP OFF CLIFFS! BAH GAWD! THINK OF THE CHILDREN STUNNER NINE ELEVEN THE TERRORISTS HAVE WON!

You've chosen literally one of the lowest arguments you could, and are surprised that you don't get treated to a serious, intelligent debate. Boo fucking hoo.

Kane Knight
04-06-2006, 11:52 PM
He should've considered that. It's not up to the rest of the world to walk on egg shells because your dumb friend couldn't get his life in order and chose the easy way out.

No Jabba, he's right.

I'm sorry, Carl. You're the only person who's ever had a friend kill themself. I should pull my punches when you bring them up, because there's no way I could ever fathom the loss you felt that day, and how horrible it must be that it coincidentally happened on the same day as a "lunchtime suicide" skit. It must be heart wrenching, as nobody was ever the victim of coincidence in the face of tragedy either.

Jabba, he's special, and dammit, bringing up his friend's suicide should be an immunity idol, rendering him immune to criticism.

V
04-06-2006, 11:59 PM
The day I watched Tim White hang himself on "Lunchtime" was the same day I found out a good mate of mine had done the same thing. Suicide ain't a comedy topic.
Sorry about your friend, but the thing is, there are tons of touchy topics that people use for comedy. Vince booking God is sure to piss people off, i'm religious, but I know it's all in good fun/entertainment and it doesn't bother me. Also, I was literally (I'm serious here, I'm not trying get people to feel sorry for me or any bullshit like that) suicidal when this whole Tim White thing started, and even I found it hilarious.

It's complaints like these that got Hassan banned from Smackdown. It's just television... people complain that wrestling isn't real, yet when some touchy topic comes up it becomes real enough to complain about.

Anyway, it got boring after the Fan suicide, I just didn't find the sniper one funny, but now i'm glad they're going a different direction with this, maybe we'll see the conclusion of it all next week. They can't make this fresh forever.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
04-07-2006, 12:01 AM
My mistake, sorry NeanderCarl.

V
04-07-2006, 12:02 AM
k, now you're soundling like the parents who tried to get power rangers off television. These same arguments can be made about bugs bunny cartoons where people get blown up by dynamite on a daily basis, and those cartoons are aimed at children

Shadow
04-07-2006, 12:12 AM
OMG! WE SHOULD ALL MAKE SURE TO NOT MAKE FUN OF CARL BECAUSE HIS FRIEND HUNG HIM SELF THE SAME DAY THAT THE TIM WHITE HANGS OUT EP WAS AIRED!

Hey dude...get over yourself. It's a fucking joke thing the WWE started. I, like many others, find it really funny. Sorry if you don't but hey...why should we stop watching just because you're hurt? Fuck you and all that shit boy. We don't give a shit.

NeanderCarl
04-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Come of it, can NO-ONE here see my point?

There's no comparison between LUNCHTIME FUCKIN' SUICIDE and Power Rangers. The show can keep running forever for all I care, and I will probably watch it too. I just think it's a very dodgy subject to be making light of, as far as a wrestling promotion is concerned. That's all.

I'm not looking for pity, or even saying I've "suffered". I'm saying it's an insensitive subject for a show which really doesn't have any point to it.

So, KK, let's not go down that route of "anything you've done, I've done twice". It isn't a competition, pal. But surely you, of all people on this board, should have some understanding of where I'm coming from???

I'm not saying BAN it. I would suggest they should put some kind of warning on it, like an 15-certificate (if not 18).

Re: Hassan and various similar examples. Hassan could be deemed offensive to an Arab-American who does feel stereotyped or victimised. If one such Arab-American came online here, would you all belittle him and tell him that he should stop being a pussy about the racist abuse he receives? Tear him a new asshole for simply opening up to the people on these boards? I didn't find it offensive, because I've never been in those shoes. Doesn't mean I can't empathise with those who have.

You can justify Hassan in some way; it exposes the plight of people in that situation? He was a heel anyway and the audience reflected that? He was a wrestler and his actions were designed to strike a chord with the audience and line Mark Copani's pockets as a professional wrestler? In which case, I'm fine with it. It's a touchy topic, but it makes for some thoughtful and interesting television and people's careers are benefitting from it.

Nobody benefits from Lunchtime Suicide. The skits themselves are at best mildly amusing, at worst completely horrible. Why are they trying to get Tim White over? Maybe he's getting a bit of cash for it every week? Not much for a web show. The only person who MAY benefit is Josh Matthews as it gives him more exposure and an opportunity to impress the higher-ups with his professionalism. Surely that would be better served trying to get a young up-and-comer over in a weekly interview slot rather than an injured ref.

I know there's a lot of shit goes on the world that ends up as comedy material. You can either laugh or cry. If you guys knew me in real life, the you would see that I'm a very laidback, easygoing guy who LOVES to laugh, who LOVES comedy. My point is not "Don't ever make fun of anything EVER!". My point is that if you are going to make fun of suicide, turn it into a comedy sketch, leave it to the experts, the comedians... why bother making it a running, WEEKLY gag on a wrestling webshow? I just don't get the justification and I don't see the humour in it anymore. And the only reason I mentioned my friend was not "Oh look at me, I'm so offended because it's happened in my life to somebody I know, everybody feel sorry for me", I mentioned him simply because when it happened I suddenly realised that this was a topic that the clueless, immoral writers of the WWE should not be touching.... not because NOBODY should, but because it's WWE and their handling of "real life" subjects is usually crass and pathetic.

I'd appreciate it if any responses to this post were polite, well-thought out critiques or point-counterpoints (as I try to provide other posters when I respond to them, for the most part) rather than just ripping into me, but I guess I know what to expect by this point.

Kane Knight
04-07-2006, 12:40 AM
THIS IS DIFFERENT! IT'S ALWAYS DIFFERENT!

road doggy dogg
04-07-2006, 12:48 AM

ahahahahahaha

Probably the best post onthe wrestling forum in the past forever years.

NeanderCarl
04-07-2006, 01:00 AM
You know, I may have opposed opinions to some people on these boards in the past, but I've never set out to personally offend nor belittle somebody's real life, EVER.

It's a real shame. I've been posting on these boards for at least 5 years now, probably 6 actually (not SUPER-frequently, I know, but I often just read the boards rather than add to them), and I've never seen so much bile on one thread.

Keep some perspective guys. This is a wrestling opinion board. Not a "let's bite him in the ass because he compared some comparitively worthless suicide skit on a wrestling website to something that has happened in real life" board. And if you feel compelled to make that point, FINE. But there's the adult way, the articulate and reasoned way... or there's the childish, "fuck you for having an opinion, you're retarded!" way.

And then there's the NoJabba way which was real unclassy and uncalled for.

As for this thread, I don't like the way it's going to be honest. It isn't a debate, it's a real low-down piss-take. So I'm not going to be posting anymore on the subject. I'm not being arsey or precious, there are plenty more interesting topics on the go, and I have no desire to keep argueing a point that anyone who isn't a pathetic degenerate could at least have empathy for.

Kane Knight
04-07-2006, 01:02 AM
P.S. I appreciate what you've been through.

However, that will not cause me to start pulling punches against a stupid argument. It will not cause me to feel any remorse for "jumping on you" that you tried to tie to some sort of antipathy for your situation. It will not make me any more prone to think "I don't find it funny. I lost a friend" was a good argument.

In fact, I'd rather not relive memories of realising I was leaning in my friend's blood, or the later revelation that I was hours too late to have done ANYTHING for her. But when someone brings up the death of a friend in conjunction with a piece of fiction from a source already known for poor taste and questionable content, it kind of pisses me off.

People deal with tragedy different ways, but when you feel the need to bring up that you had to sit at a funeral and watch people falling apart, you did make it a competition. I'd already told you I lost a friend to suicide. You had to bring up a 20-year friendship and distraught parents at a funeral, you had to make it bigger and more vivid.

And if you want to go there, I can be every bit as graphic. BEcause believe me, there are some things which stick out even more than the funeral.

No, it's not a competition. But you didn't need to bring ANY of that shit up. So to tell me it's not a competition? Yeah, I got it. Suicide sucks. It sucks for everyone. YOU were the one who had to go there first though, instead of just accepting that someone else had had such a negative experience in their lives.

That loss was almost a decade ago, so maybe I should cut you some slack due to the recent nature of yours. But the fact that you brought your buddy up in such a callous way, the overall inane argument it's backing up...

And is there any wonder my first reaction is to tell you to go Fuck yourself?

You lost a friend. That does not make suicide on a WWE.com skit more appealing to kids.

You lost a friend. That doesn't make Tim White any more or less in poor taste than it ever was before that.

You lost a friend. WWE had nothing to do with that, and did not aim the skits at you, me, or anyone else who's known someone who killed themselves.

You say Hassan was fine, but Lamuella would have disagreed. Funny how that works, he took that VERY seriously, and no legitimacy you gave it would have stopped an otherwise reasonable person from demanding they pull it out of respect

If Someone in WWE thought it'd be funny to mock my friend specifically, I'd be pretty offended. But it's not mocking anyone you know, nor does it encourage suicides, or leave impressionable youth set up to kill themselves. The notion that it affects kids adversely is absurd.

Shadow
04-07-2006, 01:04 AM
Because you took it that way you moron. Jesus.

Sorry you lost your friend the same day as the Tim White ep but dude...life fucking goes on.

Kane Knight
04-07-2006, 01:10 AM
It isn't a debate, it's a real low-down piss-take.

And Tim White isn't part of an exposé on the shock of suicide, it's a fucking stupid-ass skit.

NeanderCarl
04-07-2006, 01:30 AM
Oh for fuck's sake... I know I said the previous one was my last post, but I got to make a rebuttal here okay...

1. World Wrestling Entertainment are running a weekly webshow where a guy tries to kill himself because of severe depression every fucking week. The emphasis is on comedy. Please read those last two sentences again. They speak for themselves.

2. I did not bring my buddy up in a "callous way". I dare say thousands of people commit suicide every day. I only briefly mentioned him, I in no way wanted this to end up as a major talking point on a wrestling discussion forum. It was to emphasise a point. You could have just left it at that, or said that yes you suffered a similar loss, but that you have a different stance. We could have agreed to disagree, but I would have (and still do) respect your opinion, having been in the same shoes.

I don't know if you are suggesting that I'm 'exploiting' his death or something to get a point across in a stupid argument about a shitty WWE webcast? There was no argument until I felt I had to defend myself from the remarks that came flying at me straight after. It makes me really uncomfortable to be totally honest with you, and I hate that I'm being dragged deeper into this discussion when it could have been a simple "I disagree" and that would have been it. In no way am I thinking "poor me". I just think people are taking this topic far too lightly. It's a touchy subject when being addressed by a talented and professional comedian. When addressed in such a nonchalant way by a wrestling writing team, there is no laughing matter really. THAT is my point.

3. I didn't say the Hassan angle was fine at all. I said you could perhaps justify it. The cloud may have had a silver lining, as some small, fractional token of recompense. And like I said, if somebody was deeply offended by it, I could understand why perfectly without ripping into them for it.

As for it not affecting kids, that's fucking bullshit. There are some dickhead kids out there who do emulate things they see on TV. I'm not saying they're not idiots, but they do deserve to be protected from that kind of garbage for their own good. What if it were your kid, or brother, or whatever? If it were mine, I would be understandably furious. And any of you, as right-minded (semi)intelligent human beings would feel the same way, whether you admit to that or not. (And save any arguments about "well if it were your kid more fool you for letting them watch etc etc, because you can't watch anyone 24 hours a day and that's a lame argument anyway.)

I give up though. Just have some respect and leave my mate out of this argument. It was just to let you know that I can see why people can be offended by all this Tim White crap because I've seen first-hand the affect something like this can have. So have you, KK. Okay. Then you know what it's like. Fine. It is not, nor do I believe it to be, a competition of ANY kind. You say I mentioned him callously? Not a chance, but admittedly it is still fresh in my head, it was only a few months ago. You also proceeded to bring your friend into this argument, in more graphic detail, as an excuse to rebute me. Well, if I'm "callous" then so are you, Einstein.

Let's just agree to disagree and end this now because it's going in a crappy direction which is very uncomfortable for me and I'm sure for some of you guys too. Let's just end it here. Thanks.

Corkscrewed
04-07-2006, 03:58 AM
Comedy is subjective.

Remember that.

You find it in poor taste. Fine. You're entitled to it. But many others find it funny. Some have experienced the loss of a friend. Others have not. But you come across as trying to say that in this case, because of its effects on you, this skit is sad, in poor taste, disturbing, potentially dangerous to children, and basically crap. You come across as trying to assert yourself as right simply because of your own experiences.

Had you simply said "I didn't enjoy it" and left the ideological arguments out, you probably wouldn't have been flamed. But you CAME ACROSS as trying to use sympathy toward you and your friend to support your objective opinion.

Again, comedy is subjective. Jabba's got a sick sense of humor that crosses even my lines sometimes, but I won't really ever criticize his character. At most, I'll tell him my opinion.

In terms of the parental guidance argument... it's less of what kids what and how parents govern it. A kid who is exposed to sex and violence but is then carefully taught how to distinguish fantasy from reality and right from wrong may end up being better off than a kid who was overly protected, then ends up falling into trouble because he literally doesn't know better.

Anyway, I just glanced up and noticed your last sentence, so the above may be a wash, but I felt like I had to chip in with my $0.02.

Kane Knight
04-07-2006, 08:44 AM
Oh for fuck's sake... I know I said the previous one was my last post, but I got to make a rebuttal here okay...

1. World Wrestling Entertainment are running a weekly webshow where a guy tries to kill himself because of severe depression every fucking week. The emphasis is on comedy. Please read those last two sentences again. They speak for themselves.

2. I did not bring my buddy up in a "callous way". I dare say thousands of people commit suicide every day. I only briefly mentioned him, I in no way wanted this to end up as a major talking point on a wrestling discussion forum. It was to emphasise a point. You could have just left it at that, or said that yes you suffered a similar loss, but that you have a different stance. We could have agreed to disagree, but I would have (and still do) respect your opinion, having been in the same shoes.

I don't know if you are suggesting that I'm 'exploiting' his death or something to get a point across in a stupid argument about a shitty WWE webcast? There was no argument until I felt I had to defend myself from the remarks that came flying at me straight after. It makes me really uncomfortable to be totally honest with you, and I hate that I'm being dragged deeper into this discussion when it could have been a simple "I disagree" and that would have been it. In no way am I thinking "poor me". I just think people are taking this topic far too lightly. It's a touchy subject when being addressed by a talented and professional comedian. When addressed in such a nonchalant way by a wrestling writing team, there is no laughing matter really. THAT is my point.

3. I didn't say the Hassan angle was fine at all. I said you could perhaps justify it. The cloud may have had a silver lining, as some small, fractional token of recompense. And like I said, if somebody was deeply offended by it, I could understand why perfectly without ripping into them for it.

As for it not affecting kids, that's fucking bullshit. There are some dickhead kids out there who do emulate things they see on TV. I'm not saying they're not idiots, but they do deserve to be protected from that kind of garbage for their own good. What if it were your kid, or brother, or whatever? If it were mine, I would be understandably furious. And any of you, as right-minded (semi)intelligent human beings would feel the same way, whether you admit to that or not. (And save any arguments about "well if it were your kid more fool you for letting them watch etc etc, because you can't watch anyone 24 hours a day and that's a lame argument anyway.)

I give up though. Just have some respect and leave my mate out of this argument. It was just to let you know that I can see why people can be offended by all this Tim White crap because I've seen first-hand the affect something like this can have. So have you, KK. Okay. Then you know what it's like. Fine. It is not, nor do I believe it to be, a competition of ANY kind. You say I mentioned him callously? Not a chance, but admittedly it is still fresh in my head, it was only a few months ago. You also proceeded to bring your friend into this argument, in more graphic detail, as an excuse to rebute me. Well, if I'm "callous" then so are you, Einstein.

Let's just agree to disagree and end this now because it's going in a crappy direction which is very uncomfortable for me and I'm sure for some of you guys too. Let's just end it here. Thanks.

"I felt the need to defend myself by proving how intense suicide was?" Nossir, I don't buy it. You're full of shit, Carl.

1. No, they do not speak for themselves. You can say "case closed," like something was proved by that. You can tell me there's no proof of evolution, the earth is flat, and we found Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction, but asserting something doesn't make it true.

2. Yes, you did. And the fact that you were all "I decided to defend myself by pointing out how horrible his funeral was (unlike all the other funerals for suicides)" is fucking sad.

3. Right. You can justify it. And one man's pleasure is another man's poison. That was the whole fucking point. Are you too busy reminding us that your friend died to actually read anything else?

4. There's a difference between emulating what they see on TV and actually comitting suicide. How many kids have actually been killed imitating ACME stunts from old Warner Brothers Cartoons? Or the Ninja Turtles? Or the Power Rangers? There is no legitimate indication that this would adversely affect kids. You're pulling this out of your ass, just like the televangelists, TV nazis, etc.

Fact is, you're justifying one "heinous act" that could be replicated by impressionable kids on TV, while complaining about another. Fact is, there are dozens of horrible acts on TV that are AIMED FOR KIDS including Warner Brothers Cartoons who comitted suicide (Or attempted to). In other words:

Shut. The Fuck. Up.

This obviously isn't the threat you make it out to be, but that requires doing rational things like...I don't know...Comparing and contrasting other TV shwos, other media, to the shit you're bitching about. But nodbody here wants and intelligent, reasonable discussion...Not when we can post things about our dead friend's funerals and cry "won't somebody think of the children?"

The "impressionable youth" of America is as yet unharmed by suicide, homicide, etc., on television. Maybe where you come, the kids are retarded enough that they actually do hang themselves because Timmy does, but the right-wing nuts you've been compared to have been trying to draw this conclusion, and unsuccessfully, for decades. They've been trying to "prove" what you're on about for over 50 years.

Do you understand a single thing beyond my statements about your friend? Do you understand that, despite your continued insistance, there has been no drawn correlation between bad thigns on TV and bad things in the real world? Do you understand that you do sound like the right-wing nuts who want to band everything but christian music, "wholesome" television shows, and G-Rated movies?

Whether or not you're actually for censorship, you sound exactly like one of those fucks. The Manson causes suicide! Cartoons are evil! People see the Punisher and want to kill! crowd. And why don't we take you seriously?

Because you. Do not. Have any. Foundation. Either.

NeanderCarl
04-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Kane Knight... Fuck off.

I can't reason with you, so I'm reduced to this.

Fuck off.

I told you my reasons for not liking the principle of the Tim White segments. You ripped into them. I gave a reasonable and detailed description of the reasons why. You ripped into them. This is a DISCUSSION board where nobody's opinion is, by definition, right or wrong.

You can fuck off, because I have no respect for your opinion whatsoever anymore. I know that probably doesn't bother you in the slightest, but I want you to know.

SammyG
04-07-2006, 12:33 PM
That's not wise NeanderCarl

NeanderCarl
04-07-2006, 12:38 PM
If the Tim White segments are so great, how come the majority of posters on this board were appalled when the first one aired at Armageddon, yet now everybody loves it? Because they suddenly decided to make the same topic "comical"? I thought it was a warped subject then, and that was before anything happened with my mate.

Anybody who can come up with a twisted reason to justify suicide comedy on a free website, belonging to a company which for the most part (especially on the SmackDown side of the equation) aims towards a young, teenage audience is a fucking retard. Simple as.

And like I said, I can respect another persons opinion. But in this case, I just don't get it.

TerranRich
04-07-2006, 12:44 PM
What kind of message does it send out to the more impressionable viewers?
That they're retards for believing eating rat poison is okay. And that if they do, they deserve to die because they are, as was stated earlier, retarded.

It's called Natural Selection. We should just remove all obvious warning labels and let the morons kill themselves off. More pure gene pool that way. :yes:

TerranRich
04-07-2006, 12:45 PM
That's not wise NeanderCarl
I'll go get help!

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
04-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Hi, I'm Josh Matthews and I'm joined this afternoon by former TPWW poster, NeanderCarl. In recent weeks, Mister Carl has been suffering with deep depression. He claims his life was made a misery when a good friend decided to end it all, on the same day that former WWE official Tim White attempted to hang himself. NeanderCarl's depression got so bad, that he too attempted to end it all, by starting a debate with Kane Knight. Mister Carl, is there any light at the end of the tunnel?

*NeanderCarl opens up TPWW on his web browser*

Mister Carl, what's this? Are you logging into TPWW to apologise for your comments? That's great.

*NeanderCarl smiles and types a flaming message to KK in the reply box*

Mister Carl, that's not wise. Come on, what are you doing? Close it down. Please, Mister Carl!

*Clicks Reply*

Mister Carl! I'll get help!

SammyG
04-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Post your top 3 Tim White Lunchtime Suicide videos!

1. Tim White meets his Biggest Fan
2. The Hitman one
3. Him getting tied up on the phone, wasnt that the one where Basic Thuganomics played in the end?

NeanderCarl
04-07-2006, 01:02 PM
But you come across as trying to say that in this case, because of its effects on you, this skit is sad, in poor taste, disturbing, potentially dangerous to children, and basically crap. You come across as trying to assert yourself as right simply because of your own experiences.

No, I didn't like the Tim White gimmick from the day it started, before I ever had any "experience" of my own, and my posts from back then back that up.

I'm not one to say "I'm always right" or any of that crap. I DO think it isn't "family" entertainment yet it is readily available for kids to watch. THAT is wrong.

It is in poor taste, comical or not. I don't see how anyone can disagree with that.

And as far as quality goes, the performances in these skits, particularly from White, are poor. THAT is an opinion. If you disagree and think he's doing a great job, fine. If you think these skits a re great and really add to your enjoyment of the WWE, then each to their own. I really don't understand how, but that's up to you.

I'm just pissed off that an innocent, simple comment about how I don't believe suicide is a comedy topic befitting a wrestling show, especially having seen it myself and found no humour in it, has been not only taken out of context but expanded on and speculated upon that I had "callous" or selfish intentions in using it. What do I have to gain? Maybe I'll change a couple of people's opinions on TPWW.net?? So the fuck what???

I didn't find it entertaining when they did it with Road Warrior Hawk in 1998. I didn't find it amusing when they aired the first Tim White angle at Armageddon. That is my opinion. I am entitled to it, and I am entitled to express it without being ripped a new asshole by some people who find an overwhelming need to either defend the WWE, or simply to dissect and critisize everything they read on these forums in order to feel superior or more knowledgable than the person they are addressing. I am up for a heated or two-sided argument any day of the week. But when somebody, who doesn't even know me, questions my motives or genuity it does piss me off.

I'm not having a pop at you either, Corkscrewed. Maybe I needed to clarify.

Kane Knight
04-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Kane Knight... Fuck off.

I can't reason with you, so I'm reduced to this.

Fuck off.

I told you my reasons for not liking the principle of the Tim White segments. You ripped into them. I gave a reasonable and detailed description of the reasons why. You ripped into them. This is a DISCUSSION board where nobody's opinion is, by definition, right or wrong.

You can fuck off, because I have no respect for your opinion whatsoever anymore. I know that probably doesn't bother you in the slightest, but I want you to know.

Oh no! I lost the respect of a cunt who milks his dead "friend" when he's in a pinch!

I lost the respect of some daft bitch who actually thinks that suicide on TV leads to impressionable kids doing the same!

Excuse me while I go hang myself...And while you're waiting, seriously, go fuck yourself. Don't whine about people being unreasonable when your entire stance is unreasonable. You don't have a fucking leg to stand on, and you're spouting off bullshit. On top of that, you're commiting necrophillia, by raping your friend there.

Fuck you. You're a stupid little cunt who deserves to rot in Hell.

Kane Knight
04-07-2006, 03:28 PM
If the Tim White segments are so great, how come the majority of posters on this board were appalled when the first one aired at Armageddon, yet now everybody loves it? Because they suddenly decided to make the same topic "comical"? I thought it was a warped subject then, and that was before anything happened with my mate.

Anybody who can come up with a twisted reason to justify suicide comedy on a free website, belonging to a company which for the most part (especially on the SmackDown side of the equation) aims towards a young, teenage audience is a fucking retard. Simple as.

And like I said, I can respect another persons opinion. But in this case, I just don't get it.

Yes. The first one was objectionable in the eyes of many, and then the comedy ones happened and we all laughed. YEs. Changing the tonality of a topic channges the way people viewwwww it. You're a fucking genius for catching on to that one.

Kane Knight
04-07-2006, 03:29 PM
That they're retards for believing eating rat poison is okay. And that if they do, they deserve to die because they are, as was stated earlier, retarded.

It's called Natural Selection. We should just remove all obvious warning labels and let the morons kill themselves off. More pure gene pool that way. :yes:

You must spread some rep, sweet ass loving, and a wad of cash around before giving it to TerranRich again.

Kane Knight
04-07-2006, 03:31 PM
It is in poor taste, comical or not. I don't see how anyone can disagree with that.

Guess what? A lot of people do disagree with that. Of course you don't see how, what with your head up your ass so far.

NeanderCarl
04-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Yeah, okay pal. Whatever you say. You must be right, look how many posts you have. Much more than I do. I should realise that if you say something I should just shut up and listen, right?

How the fuck am I "milking my dead friend"? What do I gain out of this?

I'll tell you what, though. I'll let you get the last word in on the subject. It seems to mean so much to you. Fire away...

FourFifty
04-07-2006, 05:12 PM
"You know what Mr. White? I LOVE YOU!"

I have a family member that killed himself, a friend of mine tried to recently, a classmate did it his freshman year of high school, and a 15 year old who goes to the local high school killed himself shortly after he found out he had cancer.
I'm not going to laugh at all of this. It's all horrible, and stuff like this just shouldn't happen.
But I am going to laugh at Tim White, listen to "Suicidal Dreams" by Silverchair, and make jokes about killing myself when I'm at work. Why? Because it's not real. Death happens, and people end it all sometimes. It's horrible in real life, but damned if I won't laugh at what's not real.

I've been hit my fair share of death, but you know what, life goes on. If you find Tim White to be funny, then laugh. If you don't, then don't watch it. If you do watch it and don't like it, please don't piss and moan about it.

I mean, come on. What's the value of life? I don't know about all of you, but I got mine for free (okay, so the bottle of Jack costs my dad 15 bucks, but that's not the point).

FourFifty
04-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Post your top 3 Tim White Lunchtime Suicide videos!

1. The first one really got the ball rolling. I don't think anyone knew what was going to happen, and all the calls the bar and the cops got must have been something horrible to deal with.

2. The phone

3. The rat poision

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
04-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Hi, I'm Josh Matthews and I'm joined this afternoon by former TPWW poster, NeanderCarl. In recent weeks, Mister Carl has been suffering with deep depression. He claims his life was made a misery when a good friend decided to end it all, on the same day that former WWE official Tim White attempted to hang himself. NeanderCarl's depression got so bad, that he too attempted to end it all, by starting a debate with Kane Knight. Mister Carl, is there any light at the end of the tunnel?

*NeanderCarl opens up TPWW on his web browser*

Mister Carl, what's this? Are you logging into TPWW to apologise for your comments? That's great.

*NeanderCarl smiles and types a flaming message to KK in the reply box*

Mister Carl, that's not wise. Come on, what are you doing? Close it down. Please, Mister Carl!

*Clicks Reply*

Mister Carl! I'll get help!

Hi, Josh Matthews here. I am joined by a man who is lucky to be alive, NeanderCarl. Last week he attempted to end it all by flaming Kane Knight, but I've been told that there's good news. Doctors have told me that Mister Carl is in the right frame of mind, and that he's ready to move on.

*NeanderCarl enters*

Hi Mister Carl. I've been assured that you have finally come to terms with your life, and are ready to move on. Is this true?

*NeanderCarl looks miserable and opens up TPWW*

This is interesting.

*NeanderCarl types a message saying Kane Knight can have the last word*

This is great Mister Carl, I'm so proud of you. In fact... I LOVE YOU Mister Carl.

*NeanderCarl types the message in a mocking fashion*

Mister Carl, that's not wise. Please, don't do it. Just close the browser. Mister Carl, please.

*Clicks Reply*

Mister Carl! Somebody help!

SammyG
04-07-2006, 05:36 PM
HAHAHA

Kane Knight
04-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Hi, Josh Matthews here. I am joined by a man who is lucky to be alive, NeanderCarl. Last week he attempted to end it all by flaming Kane Knight, but I've been told that there's good news. It appears his head was so far up his ass that he was completely unharmed by the impact. Doctors have told me that Mister Carl is in the right frame of mind, and that he's ready to move on.

*NeanderCarl enters*

Hi Mister Carl. I've been assured that you have finally come to terms with your life, and are ready to move on. Is this true?

*NeanderCarl looks miserable and opens up TPWW*

This is interesting.

*NeanderCarl types a message saying Kane Knight can have the last word*

This is great Mister Carl, I'm so proud of you. In fact... I LOVE YOU Mister Carl.

*NeanderCarl types the message in a mocking fashion*

Mister Carl, that's not wise. Please, don't do it. Just close the browser. Mister Carl, please.

*Clicks Reply*

Mister Carl! Somebody help!

Kane Knight
04-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Otherwise, ROLF.

Disturbed316
04-07-2006, 05:57 PM
I think Neandercarl blew it. He could have been as gold as Josh, always coming up with witty replies to his friends attempts. If you stopped him, you could have been a legend.

Corkscrewed
04-08-2006, 06:09 AM
I'm one of those who has little sympathy for those who commit suicide and a lot more for the people affected by it. But that's another discussion.

Okay, so you think it's in poor taste. That's fine. But you've been replying over and over again with your flame war with KK, and both of you are kind of sounding like angry little brats, obviously because you've hit a nerve in each other.

If this is really an assertion of your opinion and that's all, you would have stopped replying a long time ago. The fact that you keep on replying suggests some sort of point you want to push across onto us, which is why this has gone on for so long. You may say you're just expressing yourself, but the fact that you've continued for so long says something conflicting. And of course, KK is just gonna continue this because that's his forte.

C'mon... taste is subjective too. Many people were confused by the first one because they had no idea what was going on. A guy randomly kills himself on a PPV: of course you're gonna pick that apart because it seems like the same stupid illogical crap the WWE does everyday, coming up with stories that have no lead-in and no resolution and no real sense.

But then they aired the second one and we realized that this would be a running gag, and so once the objective was clear, most people realized it was (a dark) comedy and laughed.

Okay, so you don't think it's funny, but that's you. Statements like "It is in poor taste, comical or not. I don't see how anyone can disagree with that." totally shout "I'M RIGHT, IF YOU DISAGREE, YOU'RE AN IDIOT AND WRONG." This is a fantasy situation. If it was real, yeah, we'd be sad, but it's not. I mean, Family Guy has plenty of similar situations where they totally push buttons on religion and politics, but it's funny.

You watch America's Funniest Home Videos and see someone get hit in the groin, and you probably laugh. Most people do. How different is something like that? In that case, we're laughing at someone's real misfortune. But it's viewed as funny because he ends up ok. But someone could just as easily have said such a video was in "poor taste" because it makes fun of someone getting hurt. Does that make that person right?

You come across as a guy who (to take the above scenario) has yourself or had a friend lose his testicles because of... say... cancer. So you go around saying that videos of people getting hit in the groin are in bad taste, because you empathize with this pain.

You're not going to get a good response, and what's more, if you keep on marching on with this message long after people have responded badly, then of course they're going to continue to taunt or antagonize you.

You can't go around blaming others in that case.

Corkscrewed
04-08-2006, 06:09 AM
Why I just spent five minutes psychologically analyzing a message board flame war I dunno, but I'm pretty sure most people who understand all that would agree with me that it makes sense.

Kane Knight
04-08-2006, 09:22 AM
I just want to point out that a friend of mine's father died in the line of duty (The police force) when he was shot in the ass. If any of you laugh at the Three Stooges, YOU'RE MOCKING HIS DEATH.

:shifty:

Kane Knight
04-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Oh. And THE TERRORISTS HAVE WON.

NeanderCarl
04-09-2006, 07:59 PM
You know, the topic is not highly sensitive to me. And I can laugh at any topic as long as it's funny. The Tim White segments don't offend me as somebody who has been around suicide before; they offend me more as a comedy fan. That is why my OPINION is that the skits are shit, and that it's a dodgy subject matter to be producing unfunny skits about.

For all I care, there could be a 24-hour Suicide Channel, showing nothing but TV shows and movies featuring people offing themselves. But WWE is not a movie. It is not a top quality TV drama. It is not an hilarious comedy, starring an array of talented comedy actors. I have an issue with the QUALITY and the CONTEXT with which they are addressing the subject rather than use of the subject in itself.

But also if anybody reading this is so selfish to think that TV should not take into account the sensitivities of certain people just because they themselves don't give a damn, then I don't expect anything less than to just get flamed again.

I hate censorship, parents groups and all this other crap. I hate the over-the-top political correctness-gone-mad of this world at the moment. But at the same time, I wouldn't want to see somebody use "fuck" every other word on TV just for the sake of getting a reaction... overexposure dilutes the effectiveness. I'm all up for a joke that pokes fun at other nations or races... as long as the joke is actually funny and lightly pokes fun, and is not simply deeply offensive to the recipient. And I'm happy enough to see sensitive subjects portrayed on TV in a respectful/educated/amusing manner, but I certainly don't think that your average right-thinking person, having maybe suffered a loss in their lives through suicide, would see the funny side of the majority of WWE's Tim White segments (Again, not because it contains suicide IN the sketch, but because the angle they approach it from is lame). And anybody here who justifies them as out-and-out comedy, the only time it has really come close is when he strangled himself with the telephone wire. It was stupid and fairly amusing. Also, the Mad Cow Disease one was in the same vein. But the rest have just been awful (again, and I stress, IN MY OPINION!!!)

Anyway, I'm not going to argue back anymore because there's no point. That's what opinions are for. People don't have to agree with each other, and why should they?

Don't try to analyse or dissect me as a person though, because you don't know me. That's all I'm saying.

Kane Knight
04-09-2006, 08:35 PM
This just in: Neandercarl nails hand and feet to cross, begs passers by to nail his other hand up.

(PS: When you stress "IN MY OPINION!!!!!" do you actually expect us to forget how you harped on this stuff, and even said you couldn't understand how anyone could think that these weren't in poor taste?)

Kane Knight
04-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Incidentally, I do think TV should exist without taking into account sensitivies. Everyone is offended by different stuff. If you took everything into account, nothing would ever bee broadcastable, or it would have MA, etc. labels on it.

What's funny is you argued the justification (Or potential justification) of the Hassan angle, but go into a very "consider people's feelings" role. Hypocrisy...Is that a personal judgement, or am I just looking into your statement and anylising it?

"Only her stylist knows for sure."

Listen, I'm pretty much for free speech. If it bothers or offends me, I turn the channel. They have TV shows on which they attack gays and women. They've got a top ten rapper who's so misandristic he won't perform on stage with a woman for fear of TOUCHING one. There's some horrible shit on TV, yeah. but if we start taking off "offensive" content, we have to rule equally, which means everything will offend someone for some reason.

Me? I'll tolerate the things which I find outrageous, and not watch them. I will do that, because I want to be able to watch something other than Mister Rogers Reruns (Even Barnie and friends would be banned for offensive content). I'd rather not live in Tipper Gore's G-rated world.

Skippord
04-09-2006, 08:45 PM
FUCKING STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS GOD DONT YOU PEOPLE KNOW THAT I CANT READ GOOD

Kane Knight
04-09-2006, 10:14 PM
I feel your pain, emoskippord.

Skippord
04-09-2006, 10:22 PM
*Cuts Self*

Savio
04-09-2006, 10:27 PM
Again, comedy is subjective. Jabba's got a sick sense of humor that crosses even my lines sometimes, but I won't really ever criticize his character. At most, I'll tell him my opinion.
........So.........Jabba has you bitched?

Kane Knight
04-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Jabba's humour's usually over the top; but so was Lenny Bruce, one of the most influential comedians for like 5 generations.

Is Jabba another Bruce, who was crude for effect? IS he just another Andrew Dice Clay, who substitutes "offense" for humour?

...Well, that's a bit of a judgement call, isn't it?

Savio
04-09-2006, 10:34 PM
However, that will not cause me to start pulling punches against a stupid argument. No ones gonna read this on you" that you tried to tie to some sort of antipathy for your situation. It will not but it'll make me look smart make me any more prone to think "I don't find it funny. I lost a friend" was a good argument.

In fact, I'd rather not relive memories of realising I was leaning in my friend's blood, or the later revelation All I did was copy a kane knight post that I was hours too late to have done ANYTHING for her. But when someone brings Hassan was fired for no reason and it isup the death of a friend in conjunction with a piece of fiction from a source already known for poor taste and questionable content, it kind of pisses me off.

People deal with tragedy different ways, but when you feel the need to bring up that you had to sit at a funeral and watch people falling apart, you did make it a competition. I'd already told you I lost a friend to suicide. You had to bring up a 20-year friendship and distraught parents at a funeral, you had to make it bigger and more vivid.

And if you want to go there, I can be every bit as graphic. BEcause believe me, there are some things which stick out even more than the funeral.

No, it's not a competition. But you didn't need to bring ANY of that shit up. So to tell me it's not a competition? Yeah, I got it. Suicide sucks. It sucks for everyone. YOU were the one who had to go there first though, instead of just accepting that someone else had had such a negative experience in their lives.

That loss was almost a decade ago, so maybe I should cut you some slack due to the recent nature of yours. But the fact that you brought your buddy up in such a callous way, the overall inane argument it's backing up...

And is there any wonder my first reaction is to tell you to go Fuck yourself?

You lost a friend. That does not make suicide on a WWE.com skit more appealing to kids.

You lost a friend. Wow Kane Knight you sure said alot That doesn't make Tim White any more or less in poor taste than it ever was before that.

You lost a friend. Look Hassan is coming up WWE had nothing to do with that, and did not aim the skits at you, me, or anyone else who's known someone who killed themselves.

You say Hassan was fine, but Lamuella would have disagreed. Funny how that works, he took that VERY seriously, and no legitimacy you gave it would have stopped an otherwise reasonable Hassan was awesome person from demanding they pull it out of respect

If Someone in WWE thought it'd be funny to mock my friend specifically, I'd be pretty offended. But it's Peace out niggas not mocking anyone you know, nor does it encourage suicides, or leave impressionable youth set up to kill themselves. The notion that it affects kids adversely is absurd.

Kane Knight
04-09-2006, 11:03 PM
What's with the subliminal messages?

Skippord
04-09-2006, 11:21 PM
I like Andrew Dice Clay :'(

Corkscrewed
04-10-2006, 04:09 AM
........So.........Jabba has you bitched?

Were you high when you wrote that? I'm trying to figure out who you were talking to. :lol: