PDA

View Full Version : Chris Benoit is a better technical wrestler than Kurt Angle

The English Man
04-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Chris Benoit is a better technical wrestler than Kurt Angle

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with Angle as a technical wrestler, most of the time.

Benoit is definatly the better technical wrestler of the two though, his ring psychology is always second to none. He focuses on either the upper body so he can apply the crossface or the lower body to apply the sharpshooter, his array of other holds and takedowns really show this brilliantly and his technical prowess remains flawless.

Angle's arsenal, although picture perfect wrestling, features much less technical ring psychology and does not focus on body parts to build up his submission ending and simply uses suplexes (although brilliantly done) rarely concentrates on the ankle to execute the ankle lock which takes away from his technical attack.

Also Benoit wrestles a style that is close to that of Bret Hart who is described as the best technical wrestler in the world. He also incorperates Dynamite Kid's style (Amazing technical wrestling too) into his wrestling technique and has amazing variation that is unparralleled by other technical wrestlers today.

Also Benoit's range of suplexes adds to his awesome technical ability, he can pull one out from any 'Angle' (yes shit pun I know) and could probably suplex Angle out of his boots on a good day.

Also, Angle may have won a gold medal in wrestling and I'm sure you'll mention that but he did in freestyle wrestling not technical wrestling which is not actually covered by amature judging. Benoit is definatly the superior technical wrestler despite the claims of Angle who is simply an amazing freestyle wrestler and an above average technical wrestler.

Agree or disagree? Discuss

Just John
04-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Wrestling isn't real

Stickman
04-10-2006, 01:22 PM
It's an interesting argument. I wonder if Benoit and Hart could have won Olympic gold if that was their chosen path. I think Angle is pretty damn good but I do agree and think Benoit and Hart are better at "professional" wrestling.

Londoner
04-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Try starting a sentence with something other than 'also'.

Also,i agree.Though overall in WWE Angle is much better.

John la Rock
04-10-2006, 01:33 PM
This is the order of technical greatness IMO

Bret > Angle > Benoit

All are close though

Rammsteinmad
04-10-2006, 07:10 PM
I think that Benoit is better. However, Angle is greatness personified.

I'm just a Benoit mark. :D

Corkscrewed
04-10-2006, 07:12 PM
I consider Benoit slightly better in the pure technical department. Angle is definitely better rounded, because while he's just behind Benoit in pure mat wrestling, he's miles ahead in charisma.

Indifferent Clox
04-10-2006, 07:14 PM
I think Benoit is the best North American technical wrestler of all time.

The Greater Power
04-10-2006, 07:54 PM
I think Benoit is the best North American technical wrestler of all time.

I actually may agree with you there. If you guys don't have his DVD, I advise you to get it, I like it better than the Bret one.

Mayo
04-10-2006, 07:55 PM
This is like saying that God is better than Jesus, kinda pointless really :p

Lara Emily
04-11-2006, 01:01 AM
I consider Benoit slightly better in the pure technical department. Angle is definitely better rounded, because while he's just behind Benoit in pure mat wrestling, he's miles ahead in charisma.

That's pretty much my line of thinking.

Technical wrestling: Benoit slighty > Angle
Charisma: Angle way > Benoit

thus

Better "Sports Entertainer": Angle

DaveWadding
04-11-2006, 01:26 AM
Doug Basham >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chris Benoit > Kurt Angle

Impact!
04-11-2006, 05:43 AM

Just John
04-11-2006, 12:19 PM
To be honest, in the WWE pure wrestling skill is wasted, it isnt a real match, so you'll never get a 'true' outcome, I guess its down to making the technical skills as entertaining as possible which isnt easy to do for a crowd full of marks.

The Heat
04-12-2006, 02:43 AM
Both are good. There's not alot of difference in their actual knowledge & use of technical wrestling.

However, both are usually put in short matches that don't allow you to see all they CAN do. Angle has had numerous neck/back problems that are well-documented, so, I'm sure he holds back on ring work somewhat.

Its a matter of opinion and open to interpretation. Some like Benoit better, some prefer Angle. Either one is sheer greatness to watch.