PDA

View Full Version : Austin Upset With Hogan's Comments and Possible Match Update!

therealdeal
04-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Credit: PWTorch.com

Reports indicate that Steve Austin was a bit upset at the 2006 Hall of Fame ceremony when Hulk Hogan made the choice to push a possible match between the two before his induction of Mean Gene Okerlund. Austin felt that was not the time or the place to push a big money match as he felt the night belonged to the inductees.

Austin's line about finding a can of "whoop ass" with Hulk Hogan's name on it was not scripted and no one knew Austin was going to say it. The old saying of whoever has the mic last no doubt came into play with this situation as Austin informed people after the show that he planned on saying a few more one-liners at Hogan, but held back when he knew he had the crowd on his side.

Neither Hogan nor Austin had any sort of interaction at the Hall of Fame. Austin has stated on more than one occasion to friends that if it didn’t happen this year, it wouldn’t happen at all. Austin has made it clear that he has zero intentions of ever wrestling Hulk Hogan.

Previously, Austin was offered a huge seven figure payoff to wrestle Hogan at Wrestlemania, but turned it down. Hogan had reportedly already agreed to the offer and that it was up to Austin to make it happen. Based on what is known, Austin is at peace with never wrestling again and has stated that if he ever comes back for one last match, it would never be against Hulk Hogan as he doesn't want to share a payday with him and get involved in the politics. So if we are to ever see Hulk Hogan vs. Steve Austin in a WWE ring, it will be up to Austin and if that is the case, many feel it isn't highly likely to happen.

What do you people think about all this? I always thought that not Hogan or Austin will wanna loose to the other so it aint happening!!

Jordan
04-10-2006, 06:54 PM
Austin would have to win... but none the less, it would suck and I dont really care to see it. If Austin comes back to face anyone, it should be HBK or someone really good.

Corkscrewed
04-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Haha, I had a feeling that was a shoot comment. Hogan looked pretty annoyed. :lol:

Indifferent Clox
04-10-2006, 07:33 PM
they should have a big ppv with the following...

Hogan v. Austin
Rock v. HBK
Triple H. V. The Warrior

Azriel
04-10-2006, 08:04 PM
I would rather his last match be with HHH or The Rock

What Would Kevin Do?
04-11-2006, 01:16 AM
I wouldn't mind some sort of 4 way or tag match w/ HBK, HHH, The Rock, and Austin.

HBK and HHH vs the Rock and Austin could be really good.

Mr. JL
04-11-2006, 01:20 AM
Stone Cold V. Rob Van Dam

I wanna fucking see this match at a big time event like a Wrestle Mania.

Savio
04-11-2006, 01:21 AM
WWE had there chance with the nWo angle and they blew it.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-11-2006, 01:26 AM
Stone Cold V. Rob Van Dam

I wanna fucking see this match at a big time event like a Wrestle Mania.

That match would be terrible.

Total clash of styles there.

Savio
04-11-2006, 01:33 AM
styles clash*

Mr. JL
04-11-2006, 03:00 AM
They have already wrestled on Smack Down and it was quite a good match despite the 'styles clash', i just wish they would have a better build up and more time

Mr. Nerfect
04-11-2006, 03:03 AM
The only way I'd want to see this match is if Austin went over clean. If I were Stone Cold, I'd accept no other outcome.

Cuzziebro
04-11-2006, 05:12 AM
Yeah, the only way I would watch the match is if I knew austin was going to win. And even still I would be reluctant to watch a Hogan match. Rock v Austin "One More Time" would be good.

Chavo Classic
04-11-2006, 06:26 AM
I wouldn't mind if Austin didn't come back at all. Sure, he's entertaining to have around the RAW roster, causing all kinds or havoc and chaos, but as far as matches or individual feuds I think there's already been a significant amount of closure between himself, the Rock, HHH and Vince.

No-one wants to see Hogan main-event another Wrestlemania anyway

Dave Youell
04-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Austin's last match should be either against HBK or The Rock

HBK made Austin
Austin made Rock

IMO

LK
04-11-2006, 08:54 AM
HBK made Austin
I'll just wait for all the Bret Hart marks to get here for that statement.

LK
04-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Anyway I hope Austin never makes a return to the ring again. He had his last match and it was a great match against his arch-nemesis, the Rock. He said something on the WM 19 documentary about how he wanted people to remember his last match as something special, not something that people would go "I'm glad that was his last match cause he sucked." If he were to do another match with just about anyone, this would be the case.

Kane Knight
04-11-2006, 09:51 AM
they should have a big ppv with the following...

Hogan v. Austin
Rock v. HBK
Triple H. V. The Warrior

God versus Kurt Angle
John Cena versus Scotty 2 Hotty
Booker T versus Segregation

Dave Youell
04-11-2006, 10:16 AM
I'll just wait for all the Bret Hart marks to get here for that statement.
HBK gave Austin the rub, Bret didn't, he looked strong as fook against Austin, he made the mofo pass out!

PureHatred
04-11-2006, 11:04 AM
God versus Kurt Angle
John Cena versus Scotty 2 Hotty
Booker T versus Segregation

Chavo Guerrero vs Immigration Reform
HeartThrobs vs St Patrick's Day Parade in Boston, Mass
Kane vs Ten Years of Terrible Booking

Savio
04-11-2006, 11:15 AM
They have already wrestled on Smack Down and it was quite a good match despite the 'styles clash', i just wish they would have a better build up and more timeword? when?

The Naitch
04-12-2006, 12:51 AM
Austin vs. John Cena

Dave Youell
04-12-2006, 12:57 AM
word? when?
On Smackdown? Can't you read! Anyway aint you the media whore, shouldn't you have that already?

Johnny Vegas
04-12-2006, 01:07 AM
HBK v. Austin would be great. I'd pay to watch that.

Austin v. Hogan will never work. Egos...Austin is starting to remind me of Wrestlemania XII-XIV HBK.

RGWhat316
04-12-2006, 01:16 AM
Austin vs. John Cena
The closest we ever came to that match was the first Holiday Tribute to the Troops in '03 when Austin stunned Cena. Since then, they haven't gotten near each other.

But to the original topic, I don't blame Austin for not wanting to face Hogan. It would be just like with HBK with all the politicking. So neither Hogan or Austin would do the job. Of course Hogan wants the match so he feels he can accomplish something by making Austin job.

The Heat
04-12-2006, 02:57 AM
I didn't wanna see this match to begin with.

I ordered Summerslam w/Hogan vs. HBK simply to see if Hogan would finally start putting the generation behind him over. I guess Hogan doesn't realize the order and balance to wrestling old guy jobs to current and current to new. See? Not that hard. But, politics and the will to be a 100-year old WWE wrestlers seems to keep motivating "The Hulkster". It's a shame too. Hogan's legacy will be tainted simply because of his unwillingness to "do the job"......

Could you blame Austin? I damn sure wouldn't wanna tarnish my legacy and probably last WWE match with a loss to Hogan of all people. I applaud Austin.

Mr. Nerfect
04-12-2006, 03:36 AM
I honestly believe the only reason Hulk Hogan wants this match is so that he can look like the top guy of all-time. Seriously, when looking at the two boom periods of wrestling, two names really stand out. People have always argued about who was better. If Hulk Hogan beats Stone Cold Steve Austin, the Attitude era means shit all. Hopefully Austin and the WWE have more pride than that (well, I only really trust Austin). I have a feeling Stone Cold will be able to live with himself knowing that in his era, he was untouchable. He doesn't need to squash others to make himself look like "Wrestling's One and Only".

To be perfectly honest, I think doing this match would probably be a bad move by the WWE. Austin's in no state to make Hogan look good, and when it becomes apparent the two greatest in wrestling aren't as great as they used to be, it will ruin the epicness of it. Plus the winner, Hogan (this bastard isn't going to lie down), will then be able to stand tall and say he is the best of all time, and not one person can argue with him. Unless they go through with that Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena feud everyone's been *dying* to see. :roll:

Savio
04-12-2006, 01:33 PM
OK I AM NOT FINDING AUSTIN VS HOGAN ON SMACKDOWN ANYWHERE.

RGWhat316
04-12-2006, 01:43 PM
The only match I can remember was the tag match from RAW before WM X-8, whch was Rock/Austin v nWo. I do not remember a one-on-one match with Austin and Hogan.

Indifferent Clox
04-12-2006, 01:54 PM
He may have been talking about Austin v. RVD but i dunno...

If anyone has Austin's last match on something can you post it on here?

Y3J
04-12-2006, 01:55 PM
3:16

Indifferent Clox
04-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Please post the austin/rock v. nWo match.

Nowhere Man
04-12-2006, 02:02 PM
OK I AM NOT FINDING AUSTIN VS HOGAN ON SMACKDOWN ANYWHERE.

He meant Austin vs. RVD. They wrestled once during the InVasion.

Savio
04-12-2006, 02:08 PM
The only match I can remember was the tag match from RAW before WM X-8, whch was Rock/Austin v nWo. I do not remember a one-on-one match with Austin and Hogan.Yeah I remember that too, Did Hogan and Austin ever match up in that?

redoneja
04-12-2006, 02:09 PM
I would love to see a 2 out of 3 falls tag team match between HBK/HHH vs Austin/Rock

Indifferent Clox
04-12-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm not a fan of tag matches at all but I agree with the above post!