PDA

View Full Version : Benoit signs new deal

Boondock Saint
04-12-2006, 01:42 AM
Credit: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

Reports indicate that WWE's SmackDown! brand wrestler, Chris Benoit has recently signed a new multi-year contract with WWE. Over the past several months there has been speculation as to if Benoit would continue his career with the WWE, TNA or outside of the industry entirely.

It is expected that Benoit will continue to wrestle for several more years. When his in-ring days are over, a job as a road agent or talent trainer awaits him. The general feeling backstage is that the company sees Benoit as a "lifer".

---------

Good to hear. He is the man.

Dave Youell
04-12-2006, 01:46 AM
Well can't say i blame him, he has job for life now, he has nothing left to prove and although some dream match in TNA would be cool, he's probably making more money this way and having a better overall life.

He deserves to get everything he wants out of wrestling now, he's earnt it

Boondock Saint
04-12-2006, 01:46 AM
I concur.

Corkscrewed
04-12-2006, 03:10 AM
Congrats to Benoit. He deserves that sort of financial and career stability. :y: :y:

Funky Fly
04-12-2006, 04:18 AM
Especially after his last few months in WCW.

Londoner
04-12-2006, 07:27 AM
Maybe we could see one more world title run in future for Benoit now he's signed the contract?Glad this has happened though.He definitely deserves it.

Dave Youell
04-12-2006, 08:01 AM
I think that's more down to when he is actually going to retire, I mean if he wants to wrestle for 5 more years, but his contract is only worth 3 years, I doubt he's getting a title run.

Rammsteinmad
04-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Can someone tell me "lifer" means?

Londoner
04-12-2006, 08:20 AM
I think its obvious that lifer means the guy will have a job for life at the company.

Londoner
04-12-2006, 08:23 AM
I think that's more down to when he is actually going to retire, I mean if he wants to wrestle for 5 more years, but his contract is only worth 3 years, I doubt he's getting a title run.

I think he might get another 2 more years though, so we may see a title run.3 years is a long time.

Does anyone think the reason Benoit lost the US title was because they weren't sure if he would sign or not?

John la Rock
04-12-2006, 11:41 AM
congrats on the new deal. Benoit is probably in the best shape out of all the WWE wrestlers. With his work ethic he could probably wrestle another 10 years if he wanted to

Londoner
04-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Anyone else feel Benoit needs to turn heel and get his old theme back?The first theme he had without lyrics gives him a bit more of an attitude i think.

Innovator
04-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Benoit and Finlay need to just go around and beat up everyone on Smackdown!, 2 Man Wrecking Crew

owenbrown
04-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Maybe we could see one more world title run in future for Benoit now he's signed the contract?Glad this has happened though.He definitely deserves it.

I could see AT LEAST 1 more run as World Champ for Benoit as long as it is NOT I repeat.... NOT overshadowed like his run in '04.

LK
04-12-2006, 12:41 PM
Anyone else feel Benoit needs to turn heel and get his old theme back?The first theme he had without lyrics gives him a bit more of an attitude i think.
I would love it if he went back to being the heel crippler, however I think he's one of those guys that the WWE fans won't boo regularly.

Londoner
04-12-2006, 08:45 PM
I think if he went back to how he used to be, with his old theme music, he would be a better heel than you think(its just hard to realise that when hes been a face for so long).You just need to watch some old tapes of him back in 2000 to remember how good he was.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Awesome to hear. Glad to see he's sticking around. Maybe this'll make Vince think if he has him for the long-term, he can stick the big gold on him another time or two.

Great news. :y: