PDA

View Full Version : Orton's Suspension indefinite?

Impact!
04-13-2006, 07:01 AM
The PWTorch Newsletter reports that Randy Orton’s 60 day suspension, is actually an indefinite suspension. There are reports that he simply may not be brought back.

To keep him away from TNA, they may keep him under contract until his deal is over, while paying him the smallest amount of money possible. Orton would just have to stay at home collecting checks as he wouldn't be able to work anywhere else.

There are some in the company who believe that he would benefit from counseling.

Impact!
04-13-2006, 07:03 AM
TNA's (eventual) gain I suppose :-\

Afterlife
04-13-2006, 07:11 AM
If you really think of him as a gain.

Impact!
04-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Well let's see, he's:
A) A former World Champ
B) A recognisable face
C) Young
D) Hasn't been jobbed out (like say for example Rhino or Raven)
E) (kinda) Main Evented this year WM

so forth, so yes I consider him a gain.

LK
04-13-2006, 07:18 AM
Of course Orton be a gain for a company like TNA. His ego would probably grow even more but he has a reputation amongst a lot of wrestling fans as being the future of the business, as far as being a heel.

Afterlife
04-13-2006, 07:26 AM
Eh. I have this habit of judging people by who they are, not what they've done. I mean, George Bush is the President, but he's also an idiot sleaze.

Plus, I would personally avoid ever working with anyone who has earned the ability to be called "Shitbag".

Impact!
04-13-2006, 07:31 AM
Whether or not you like him personally, for a company like TNA (as LK said) he would be a big gain.

Afterlife
04-13-2006, 07:49 AM
If you say so, man.

Impact!
04-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Damn right.

:shifty:

Kane Knight
04-13-2006, 08:38 AM
This has been posted like 12 times. The 60 days is evidently the minimum sentence, and there's no guarantee he's coming back.

However, much as Orton probably deserves to be punished, they can't fire him. IF he goes to TNA (Youngest World Champ), it'll benefit them to no end. This'll be a huge boon.

The WWE dug themselves this hole...

owenbrown
04-13-2006, 09:22 AM
What EXACTLY has he done to warrant this "Indefinite" suspension?! :?: "Unprofessional Conduct" is way to vague. We NEED further details.

Kane Knight
04-13-2006, 09:27 AM
He's the one who knocked up Steph.

Y3J
04-13-2006, 09:56 AM
In that case, he'll be 10 time world champion in no time.

AJHayes
04-13-2006, 09:58 AM
I, for one, will not miss him. He's such a piece of shit.

Chavo Classic
04-13-2006, 11:43 AM
If this is permanent, then I'll give you all $5.

V
04-13-2006, 11:54 AM
there is no way they are going to let him go.

everyone is waiting for a cena/rko feud

Chavo Classic
04-13-2006, 11:57 AM
I'll give you £10, Gohan. Because you're special. :D

DaBrasko
04-13-2006, 11:58 AM
I personally will not miss Orton. I never thought he was all that great to begin with.

Dorkchop
04-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Meh, I never really enjoyed him.

RP
04-13-2006, 12:57 PM
So what did he do that was so bad?

PureHatred
04-13-2006, 01:25 PM
This has been posted like 12 times. The 60 days is evidently the minimum sentence, and there's no guarantee he's coming back.

However, much as Orton probably deserves to be punished, they can't fire him. IF he goes to TNA (Youngest World Champ), it'll benefit them to no end. This'll be a huge boon.

The WWE dug themselves this hole...

Kudos. If the WWE had punished hi accordingly in the beginning instead of treating all his backstage antics like it was just "boys being boys" then he wouldn't be such an asshole now. Well, hopefully. Like any child, he tested his boundaries. When he fond out there weren't any he acted accordingly.

I like Randy as a performer, but he might need some professional help. Or at least an ass-whipping.

6to1
04-13-2006, 01:40 PM
so when does his contract end he did not sign a 10 year one did he, if he only has 2 years left roh or tna an still be popular in 2 years.

Corkscrewed
04-13-2006, 02:52 PM
He's been pretty great as a heel lately. Ever since he got away from the "cowardly worm who relies on daddy," he's been much more enjoyable. So from a TV entertainment standpoint, he's a pretty big loss. But he's an ass in real life, so I'm not crying or anything.

Still, it's much wiser to keep him off TV for a couple of years than to let him walk into TNA right now. By then, his name recognition may have died down, so that even if he did go to TNA, it wouldn't be as big of news. Kinda like Sting showing up in TNA after all these years.

Kane Knight
04-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Kudos. If the WWE had punished hi accordingly in the beginning instead of treating all his backstage antics like it was just "boys being boys" then he wouldn't be such an asshole now. Well, hopefully. Like any child, he tested his boundaries. When he fond out there weren't any he acted accordingly.

I like Randy as a performer, but he might need some professional help. Or at least an ass-whipping.

Or a shower raping.

Oh DESTOR...

But seriously, they've put him in a situation where they can't fire him, but they need to cut him down to size somehow. Seriously.

PullMyFinger
04-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Randy Orton vs. Sting would be nice.

The One
04-13-2006, 03:10 PM
If Randy Orton can clean up his personal act, he will be the biggest name in sports entertainment. I see him as someone with infinate potential to become a legend. Again it takes a certain amount of personal control, maybe a little less cocaine, no shiting in people's bags, and god forbid we not call a filthy cunt by the adjectives we described her as...but in the ring his skills have improved up to the point where I think he is a legit main eventers, his mic work is off the hook, and his character is flawless. If TNA were to pick him up, it would like ECW signing Triple H mid 1999. OK, OK, that was a bad example...but it would be a huge and good for business. Besides, TNA only has 3 women, keep him clear of those three and suddenly his targets don't exsist. :shifty:

St. Jimmy
04-13-2006, 03:52 PM
i still can't imagine what the fuck he could have done to pull this much heat on him.

when you're one of the top heels in the company, to going almost jobless... jesus.

ClockShot
04-13-2006, 03:59 PM
He we all are saying not too long ago, Randy Orton will become the future of the company. And now this. Sure the guy is a hell of an athlete, he just gotta work on a move or two in the ring. "If" this is an indefinite suspension, and I highly doubt it. Who would fill his shoes?

The One
04-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Randy Orton is like the Ultimate Warrior ego...only with actual talent.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Orton is the man (probably the 50th time I've typed that sentence in the last week. :p).

He won't go to TNA. He has that whole young HBK thing about him right now. WWE won't let him go.

I'm still curious, however, as to what he did to warrant this. I'm with Jimmy on this one. To go from a position that he was in to being indefinitely suspended, something REALLY raw had to have went down.

Kane Knight
04-13-2006, 05:03 PM
i still can't imagine what the fuck he could have done to pull this much heat on him.

when you're one of the top heels in the company, to going almost jobless... jesus.

Ever hear the phrase "don't shit in your mess kit?"

Mr. Nerfect
04-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Apparently a lot of the top guys don't like him, which makes his asshole behaviour less tolerable by those in power. I'd just say that everyone's had enough and they've decided keeping Orton at the top because he might be huge one day is a mistake. They've taken their sweet time finally getting on to the issue.

The WWE won't let Randy Orton go to TNA. If anything, Randy Orton will clean up his act (or try extremely hard to) and be rewarded by regaining his spot in the main event, or he will be brought back to compete in the United States Division. Remember the days when the WWE actually used to build guys up?

Worst case scenario for Orton is that the WWE brings him back, jobs him out, then sends him to TNA. The WWE won't give them a main event guy with credibility intact.

BlackDawn2024
04-13-2006, 07:39 PM
I seriously, seriously DON'T see Randy leaving. And it's not just because I see him as one of the future stars of the business, that's besides the point. I'm not the only one who sees amazing star potential in Randy. There's others on here, and I'm sure there's people in the company who see him as one of the building foundations for the company's future.

Because of that, they won't let him leave. They'll force him to clean up his act and get it together.

And plus, Cena/RKO. :drool:

God, I sounded like such a Cena mark there.

Londoner
04-13-2006, 08:48 PM
If he doesn't sort himself out, i reckon they will have no choice other than to job him out or just not let him work for 2 years or something then release him, and then he wont be such a big name.Otherwise, if they just let him become a star while he's being an asshole like he is,the future isn't too good for the company as others will go that way in future.

The Heat
04-13-2006, 11:32 PM
With WWE already having a major shortage of talents on SmackDown, I doubt Orton will be out over the 60 day suspension. Like him or not, WWE needs him. He's part of the future WWE is trying to build.....

If, somehow, WWE comes to terms and releases Orton[very doubtful], I'm sure TNA would welcome him with open arms.

Kane Knight
04-13-2006, 11:57 PM
If he doesn't sort himself out, i reckon they will have no choice other than to take it up the ass like the bitches they are.

D Mac
04-14-2006, 06:01 AM
Randy Orton vs. Sting would be nice.

Yep. Another has been for the legend killer to take out.

YOUR Hero
04-14-2006, 09:16 PM
The WWE can find someone else to fill his spot. He's is not irreplaceable. No one is.

James Steele
04-14-2006, 09:48 PM
The WWE can find someone else to fill his spot. He's is not irreplaceable. No one is.

Youth + Smirk + Family Ties to industry = Randy Orton

Kane Knight
04-14-2006, 09:55 PM

No, but this is an unfortunate time to even think they HAVE to replace him.

Also, this one would benefit their rivals if they let him go.

Joesgonnakillyou
04-14-2006, 10:45 PM
He'll come back, hes definatly the top Heel on smackdown and hes gonna be an asset for YEARS. Think of all the shit Micheals got away with.

Plus everyone wants a Batista-Orton feud

YOUR Hero
04-14-2006, 11:26 PM
No, but this is an unfortunate time to even think they HAVE to replace him.

Also, this one would benefit their rivals if they let him go.

I think it's been stated and rightly so, the WWE wouldn't release him until the end of his contract.

Lock Jaw
04-15-2006, 02:58 AM
I hope he goes to Japan.

Then I wouldn't have to see him.

RP
04-15-2006, 03:21 AM
Every single one of you know so much about Randy Orton off camera, yet not one of you can tell me what the fuck he did.

Lock Jaw
04-15-2006, 03:46 AM
Whatever he did, he did it for The Rock.

Skippord
04-15-2006, 04:00 AM
Every single one of you know so much about Randy Orton off camera, yet not one of you can tell me what the fuck he did.
He called some of the women backstage cunts.Jesus its been said forty nine times

What Would Kevin Do?
04-15-2006, 04:02 AM
He called some of the women backstage cunts.Jesus its been said forty nine times

He's done that before. I don't think that's why he was suspended.

Skippord
04-15-2006, 04:06 AM
Oh alright then he ate the Undertakers Puppy

What Would Kevin Do?
04-15-2006, 04:09 AM
Oh alright then he ate the Undertakers Puppy

That'll work. I just figured he ate Stephanie.

Skippord
04-15-2006, 04:10 AM
Same thing

6to1
04-15-2006, 10:00 AM
even better question when does his contract end?

Chavo Classic
04-15-2006, 10:06 AM
I don't even know where you'd start to try and obtain that type of information

Kane Knight
04-15-2006, 10:10 AM
I think it's been stated and rightly so, the WWE wouldn't release him until the end of his contract.

And.

It.

Would.

Still.

Benefit.

The.

Competition.

Is there any part of that that changes if they release him later?

Yeah...

Kane Knight
04-15-2006, 10:11 AM
Oh alright then he ate the Undertakers Cunt

Chavo Classic
04-15-2006, 10:15 AM
They could bury him for the remainder of the contract until his stock is worth nothing.

BobBitchen
04-15-2006, 10:50 AM
When he comes back,tell Flair to make room for him under HHH's desk.Orton can be HHH's bitch w/Flair.

Kane Knight
04-15-2006, 10:52 AM
They could bury him for the remainder of the contract until his stock is worth nothing.

I don't think there's much they could do that would eliminate him as a threat.

Afterlife
04-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Maybe I'm not the biggest brain in business these days, but I'm still very unclear on this one thing....

Randy was given everything he has b/c the company likes to love all over the 'family'. They give him title shots, use his youth to bury Lesnar's "youngest champ ever" record, they allow his utter disrepect for women to go unchecked to dangerous, unhealthy degress, etc., etc., this we all know. And that much, as universal knowledge, is not what confounds me so.

The part that confuses me is this: When it comes to TNA...why would they bother? At current moment, Randy has a relatively big name, regardless of sharing it with his dad. He's a one-time WWE champ, yes...for what, a month? And sure, that's all well and good, yeah, he's ME'd WrestleMania, blah, blah, blah. But if the company that gave and gave and gave to an under-talented son of a Hall of Famer has dealt with so much ridiculous bullshit that they've actually broken their apparent code and suspended him indefinitely, referring to the final straw as a "near disaster"....why would any company, TNA or otherwise, look at Randy and see a good idea? If the guy pisses off everyone he works with on a nigh daily basis and was all but kicked out of a company that embraces nepotism to an infuriating degree, then how well do we really think he'd work for a smaller organization full of people that most likely won't tolerate the first infraction?

I don't really watch TNA, and I can't really tolerate Jarret, but I have to think that anyone with an eye for success in business is watching this situation and clearly knows it's something to stay away from. If those of us this far from the company know he's suspended, then ppl much deeper into the business probably know why. And that, I would think, would be an omen, in and of itself.

But like I said...I'm no CEO.

Kane Knight
04-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Neither WWE nor TNA have had problems hiring problem performers before. He pisses people off, but the business is full of cocks, and we're still not sure what this "disaster" would have been.

Simply put, TNA makes bad decisions. WWE makes bad decisions. At least this one would pull in some MAJOR star power.

Afterlife
04-15-2006, 01:46 PM
One more recognizable name doesn't seem quite blanced to a suddenly irate locker room.

Kane Knight
04-15-2006, 01:54 PM
TNA doesn't exactly have the same locker room environment, do they?

Afterlife
04-15-2006, 02:31 PM
You really do your best to miss every possible intelligent point, don't you?

TerranRich
04-15-2006, 02:42 PM
He played with himself at night. Enough for permanent suspension in my book.

Kane Knight
04-15-2006, 04:50 PM
You really do your best to miss every possible intelligent point, don't you?

Man, when an argument doesn't go your way, you just piss and moan and complain, don't you?

TNA doesn't have the same lockerroom issues. Do you dispute this? Okay, here's the part I assumed people would be intelligent enough to fill in.

As he wouldn't be TOURING with TNA, as they don't have an active road show, as they wrestle like twice a month and are mostly not in close proximity, as the wrestlers can phone it in, all meaning the backstage environment is different, whatever he did might not be an issue in TNA's backstage.

In short, what was the "disaster" there might not be an issue in TNA with less time for people to butt heads, with 0 group travel time (Until house shows become a regular event), etc.

But please. Pretend I was completely off topic because you were stupid enough to once again immediately assume I've somehow wandered off topic.

D Mac
04-15-2006, 04:58 PM
I feel like being KK'd today.

Kane Knight
04-15-2006, 05:28 PM
I'll need Afterlife's permission, so as he doesn't think I'm avoiding his "intelligent" points. ;)

The MAC
04-15-2006, 06:10 PM
the wwe will not let him go..and he knows that , thats why he pulls all this shit!

he is the future of the company - the people have made is abundantly clear that they don't care for Cena.

Skippord
04-15-2006, 06:56 PM
I feel like being Skip'd today.

rko4life
04-15-2006, 07:57 PM
i hate afterlife he is so anoying

D Mac
04-15-2006, 08:12 PM
i hate The Denver Broncos they are so anoying

Afterlife
04-15-2006, 08:52 PM
O.K., so the TNA guys don't travel in groups. However, as this industry is a year-round show, performers do have to inevitably work together. And as I'm sure there are people at every job that don't get along, when you're a #2 production going up against a monster corporation, I would think the agenda is to keep things running as smoothly as possible. But apparently, thinking like that makes me out to be a pissy child, and as that is the least of my desired social images, I'll just nod and smile assume I'm just wrong.

Afterlife
04-15-2006, 08:54 PM
i hate afterlife he is so anoying

A thousand apologies.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-15-2006, 09:16 PM
One thing TNA has to realize.

Randy Orton will want a lot of money (more so than some of their "stars" are probably getting.

B. If everything that's been said about Randy is true, he'd probably go into TNA acting like their saving grace, thinking he's better, etc, etc. SO he'd probably make a decent amount of enemies backstage.

Then again, they could always "hire" him short term, and have Joe kill him :)

Skippord
04-15-2006, 09:24 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs are pretty fucking gay.

Kane Knight
04-15-2006, 11:24 PM
O.K., so the TNA guys don't travel in groups. However, as this industry is a year-round show, performers do have to inevitably work together. And as I'm sure there are people at every job that don't get along, when you're a #2 production going up against a monster corporation, I would think the agenda is to keep things running as smoothly as possible. But apparently, thinking like that makes me out to be a pissy child, and as that is the least of my desired social images, I'll just nod and smile assume I'm just wrong.

No, always going ouit of your way to assume I'm not addressing you topically is making you a pissy child. Immediately going after me because you seem to be stupid enough to think I'm not addressing your "intelligent point" simply because I am not agreeing with you, and perhaps see an alternate point of view within a similar point makes you a pissy child. Not to mention the fact that you cannot seem to tell the difference,

"running smoothly" includes letting drug addicts no-show, hiring people who are poor workers when they don't get their way, and creating their own brand of "backstage heat."

TNA hasn't been "running smoothly," So I don't really agree that this is a reason not for them to hire Randy Orton. That assumes that they've already run their business well, made strong decisions, and not dealt with their own personell issues.

And yet, the point remains that the difference in the locker room could also mean a difference in whether Orton is a problem, which is a point that was immediately met with some "pissy" comment about avoiding your "intelligent" points, and is now being dismissed by whining about how you're apparently a "pissy child" for not agreeing.

Ironic. Do you need help nailing yourself up to that cross?

James Steele
04-15-2006, 11:30 PM
SHUT UP YOU IGNORANT ASS!

Kane Knight
04-15-2006, 11:32 PM
One thing TNA has to realize.

Randy Orton will want a lot of money (more so than some of their "stars" are probably getting.

Of course, this one's already happening. While they didn't have more money for Samoa Joe and a coupel other stars, they dropped a ton on people like Nash and Sting (Sting, at least, is worth it*, but still, it's the principle).

*While I think Sting's return is probably a bad idea, it's gotten asses in the seats. And to that end, it may end up paying off and all.

Afterlife
04-16-2006, 09:35 PM
No, always going ouit of your way to assume I'm not addressing you topically is making you a pissy child. Immediately going after me because you seem to be stupid enough to think I'm not addressing your "intelligent point" simply because I am not agreeing with you, and perhaps see an alternate point of view within a similar point makes you a pissy child. Not to mention the fact that you cannot seem to tell the difference,

"running smoothly" includes letting drug addicts no-show, hiring people who are poor workers when they don't get their way, and creating their own brand of "backstage heat."

TNA hasn't been "running smoothly," So I don't really agree that this is a reason not for them to hire Randy Orton. That assumes that they've already run their business well, made strong decisions, and not dealt with their own personell issues.

And yet, the point remains that the difference in the locker room could also mean a difference in whether Orton is a problem, which is a point that was immediately met with some "pissy" comment about avoiding your "intelligent" points, and is now being dismissed by whining about how you're apparently a "pissy child" for not agreeing.

Ironic. Do you need help nailing yourself up to that cross?

I really don't know where all this hostility comes from. I really don't "go after" anybody on here. The only person I've ever been pissed at was Savior, and I made it clear when that happened. And I don't care wether you agree with me or not, there's always someone who won't like what I say or has a clearer viewpoint; an argument of such a matter would be ridiculous and futile, especially in a venue such as this where the whole point to see other people's input. I admit, I find the way you take half of a topic or one small part of an idea and use it to completely kaibosh someone's whole perspective to be very Republican and thusly annoying, but I have never "gone after" you.

As I said in my last post, I concede this conversation to you. You seem to have gotten a whiny, condescending connotation from my post, but I can assure you, there was none intended. And it is true, I have never been to a TNA event and -- another fact I already stated -- I don't watch or really care about it. I will also remind you that I originally referred to any promotions, TNA or otherwise. A man set on acting like a delinquent is basically the opposite of a man worthy of the title "professional". As a matter of fact, that's been my whole basic point this entire time.

Call me dismissive if you like, but I can't really win an argument when my opinion on the matter isn't stated clearly enough to be understood, and for that I am to blame. All I meant, was that if you know someone is going to be an asshole the entire time he's with your company, you should definitely weigh the pros and cons very, very carefully, and that I, personally, would never hire anyone -- Orton or otherwise -- that was all but disowned by a corporation that pandered to him so.

And as for the cross...I think you've crucified me pretty well as is.

rko4life
04-16-2006, 10:54 PM
the battle between after life and kane knight continous

BlackDawn2024
04-16-2006, 11:11 PM
There is no singular, standout reason as to why Randy Orton was suspended. In the past few years, he had been fined often, usually for $5,000 per offense. Despite the fines, he'd often joke about them. The fines have largely been a result of his treatment of women, both in and out of the company. Also, he's used rude, abrasive language to people who didn't deserve it, not to mention that he's displayed antisocial behavior. WWE may want Orton to undergo counseling, to get to the root of his social issues. He may even have to get medical help, if it is necessary.

Johnny Ace was said to be fed up with Orton's rude behavior, as it was said to be getting out of hand. Orton's always displayed erratic behavior, however, it started to really get out of control at the start of the year. Also, the fines weren't sending a message to him. The decision to suspend him was based on an incident that took place at the 3/28 Smackdown tapings in Kansas City, at the Kemper Arena. Orton flagrantly violated a very public company policy. It was a lot more serious than your typical dress code issue, and it had nothing to do with either creative or economic issues. Apparently, whatever he did, was the final straw. Whatever he did, has been done before in the past as a form of protest, however, nobody was so brazen to do it inside of a building with plenty of people potentially witnessing it, including people not employed by the company who happened to be in the building at the time. Orton was informed of the WWE's decision to suspend him after Wrestlemania.

Nobody went against Johnny Ace's decision to suspend him, including friends of Orton, who would normally not side with Johnny Ace. Although, these same people were surprised that WWE made the news of his suspension so public.

Orton's future in World Wrestling Entertainment will be decided upon in the next few weeks. It is likely that Johnny Ace and Vince McMahon will be discussing Orton's future in the WWE this week, and they may make some sort of decision. It should be noted that the day after Orton was informed of the WWE's decision to suspend him (the 4/4 Smackdown tapings), he seemed very interested in keeping his job.

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Saw this on LordsOfPain.

Savio
04-23-2006, 06:39 PM
I really don't know where all this hostility comes from. I really don't "go after" anybody on here. The only person I've ever been pissed at was Savior, What? why?

Kane Knight
04-23-2006, 07:07 PM
What? why?

You died for our sins. He's emo. :roll:

Afterlife
04-26-2006, 08:05 AM
What? why?

If you don't remember, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter anyway, because it's in the past. It was in a Batista thread, I remember that. :p

TerranRich
04-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Hm. I'd love for JBL to have had his way with him. Then again, he was probably giggling like a schoolgirl.

Orton: You stupid cunt!!
JBL: Hee hee! He said the C WORD!!! EEEEEEE!!!!
Ace: :nono: