PDA

View Full Version : The Draft Lottery again?

darkpower
04-16-2006, 02:14 AM
I've been reading that there are rumors that Kane would be "drafted" to SmackDown and me a main event heel before Judgment Day. If this is true, and the WWE doesn't "cop out" and use some lame excuse to get him to SD like they did with Angle and Helms, then that means one thing:

WE'RE GETTING YET ANOTHER DRAFT LOTTERY THIS YEAR!! And it will happen VERY soon.

Now, assuming that we're getting this from the WWE, this doesn't give a lot of time to start prediction who will go where (since, if Kane is to be switched to SD via draft lottery before Judgment Day, that means that the draft itself will take place between Backlash and Judgment Day). But let's assume that everything is true and that the WWE is in fact going to give us another "shakeup" of the rosters. Who do you think is going to be switched where, and who is going to be the "steals" (the big name stars) that each brand will get (the Batista/Cena thing was that shakeup last year).

Here's my picks and their reasons (that way no one will try to say that I am shitting on RAW and favoring SD like I got last year with my predictions):

FROM RAW TO SD:

1. KANE
This would be rather obvious if this were true, since that is the rumor, so I'm going to say the WWE would stick with their current plan.

2. SHAWN MICHAELS
The "steal" for SD, and right now, Shawn REALLY, DESPERATLY needs a change of scenery. Every sensible feud that he could do on RAW he HAS done. Yet, over on SD, he could provide a TON of feuds. He could have a good feud with Benoit, JBL, Booker T, Batista (when he returns), The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, & Randy Orton (assuming that his suspension isn't indefinite). He could help others like Lashley, MNM, Mr. Kennedy (...Kennedy), and some of the Cruiserweights. He could also have a run-in with the Boogeyman (THAT would be something I would pay to see the reaction to). And let's not forget the kick-ass match he and ReyRey had during the Eddie tribute show on RAW some time back. In short, there is just TOO much on SD that HBK could do. And what has he got left to do on RAW. As much as some people would not really want to admit it, I think it's time to send HBK to SmackDown.

3. CHRIS MASTERS
I have the feeling that the WWE would want for Masters to go to SmackDown for some reason. Last year I said that maybe a move to SmackDown could help Masters be able to work with some more younger talent and get over better rather than looking like shit around more of the veterans that RAW has. I still think that he can do well on SmackDown, and this time, this is something I see the WWE actually doing.

4. ASHELY
They have mentioned that the WWE wants to move Ashely to SD to have her with her BF, Matt Hardy. I think the Draft is where they'd do it.

5. CHAVO GUERERRO
I could see the WWE finding some way to explain how they would do it, and I could see them benifiting from moving Chavo back to SmackDown. For one, SmackDown was the show that Eddie was on, and it would work on having the Guererro name alive in Chavo on SmackDown. Plus, him and Rey have so much chemestry together that another feud would work (let's just not have 60 million or show matches for the title like they did when they were feuding over the Cruiser title). How the WWE WOULD explain how they could draft him after he "quit" would still be in the air.

FROM SD TO RAW:

1. A SD MAIN EVENTER
It would only be fair for SD to have a main event person be taken from their roster by RAW. Only thing is, I'm unsure who would be benificial to RAW and would really shake up the rosters without seriously hurting the crediability of SD, making it look like a second-rate show (something that the WWE shouldn't do even now after shitting on SD for so long until recently), or making it feel as if SD is empty from losing one of its "signature stars", which is what HBK is to RAW, but I think RAW can manage VERY well without HBK there, thus wouldn't make RAW feel empty or lose any credibility.

Batista would be a good fit, but trading him right back to RAW after being drafted to SD last year? Sending Angle to RAW would be VERY unwise after just putting him back on SD a few months ago. JBL would be a PERFECT fit, if only he wasn't with that US Title and in a steady storyline on SD. Benoit was just drafted last year, and that would make everyone's head spin because he's been switched so often (once a year for two years now).

The Undertaker would be the one that would make most sense, but a few problems transpire here. One, he's known as one of the people that SmackDown makes their name from, and losing him could bring that "emptiness" feeling. And plus, assuming my HBK prediction would actually happen, I would truly want to see a HBK vs. Taker feud-arc, something that can't happen if they are on seperate shows (and HBK SO needs to be switched to SmackDown right now that sending UT to RAW and leaving HBK on RAW as well to have that feud isn't an option for me, that and I believe that if SD would lose Taker, they need to be given something back in return to losing one of the top stars). The latter is the main reason I would want to keep Taker on SD. But, if the WWE could make it so the feud would be interpromotional, then by all means, this would be a plausible option.

2. DOUG BASHAM
Reuniting the Basham Brothers would be benificial to RAW's tag team division. This would add a crediable tag team that could go after the Titles. Plus, the Bashams need the be unburied from their Heat/Velocity Hell.

3. SCOTTY 2 HOTTY (yes, he is still on the SD roster)
Intercontinental Title Hunt. Nuff said. For the longest time I've been stressing that the RAW needs help with it's midcard, and S2H would fit the bill perfectly, and give that race some fresh faces. S2H vs. Shelton would be something I would look forward to, in my opinion. He's doing nothing on SmackDown, so why not try it?

4. HARDCORE HOLLY
Another person that I could think needs a change of pace, and another who could, like it or not, benifit from a IC title hunt. Plus, like what has been happening with Cena since going to RAW, we could know what fans REALLY think of Holly, since it's live and the WWE can't do anything about the crowd noice (at least I'm hoping there isn't).

5. BOOKER T (and Sharmell) -OR- ORLANDO JORDAN
Even though this could not work out as well as we may hope, I could see the WWE go and sent Booker back to RAW, since he is someone else who has done alot on SD. However, another possibility is Orlando so they can go and start that angle they wanted to do with him, since I cannot see UPN letting the WWE get away with something like a transvestite storyline on SD (though I've noticed that UPN has been letting the WWE get away with more and more since they moved them to Fridays), and Vince believes that he can get away with TONS more on USA Network than anywhere else, maybe he would use this to get Orlando to SD to do that storyline. Even though my gut would say to move Orlando, many will want Booker T because it gives RAW another upper card that could go after either the IC title or WWE Championship.

Hopefully, the WWE DOES do another Lottery, and hopefully we will get some TRUE shakeups from it. What about it? Discuss who you want to move where and why.

Azriel
04-16-2006, 02:38 AM
If Kane isd being transported to SD, chances are that he might do another Taker feud, which is fine by me because they always have great feuds

Stickman
04-16-2006, 01:15 PM
How about they quit with the damn draft lottery. It's lost it's appeal. Shit, there's not even a Raw GM to do the draft.

Xero
04-16-2006, 01:18 PM
Yeah, before they even think of doing the draft they HAVE to have a RAW GM.

So I guess either Shane or God will be GM...

Hey, you think God will be the biggest free agent this year? :shifty:

Kane Knight
04-16-2006, 01:24 PM
There are a lot of rumours.

CharismaInjection
04-16-2006, 01:29 PM
This year I really hope there isn't a draft lottery. Because Smackdown's my favourite show.

Last years draft did considerable damage to Smackdown (the loss of Angle affected the show greatly). But it's managed to get back on its feet. It has plenty of good wrestlers and plenty of new guys that could become stars.

Even though I would love to see RVD, Shawn Michaels and Kane(I hope he just jumps like Angle). I believe if there is a draft, SD will get screwed again. And I am really enjoying SD lately and I don't want to see anyone go...

Cool King
04-16-2006, 01:29 PM
3. SCOTTY 2 HOTTY (yes, he is still on the SD roster)
Intercontinental Title Hunt. Nuff said. For the longest time I've been stressing that the RAW needs help with it's midcard, and S2H would fit the bill perfectly, and give that race some fresh faces. S2H vs. Shelton would be something I would look forward to, in my opinion. He's doing nothing on SmackDown, so why not try it?

I've been saying that since Too Cool broke up.

Scotty + I.C Title/I.C Title hunt = RATINGS.:yes:

Joesgonnakillyou
04-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Theres no way Micheals will go to Smackdown, we're more likely to see a God heel turn at Backlash. God cutting a "Micheals screwed micheals" promo on Raw is more likely than scotty getting over as a challenger for the IC belt and God losing his "omnipotence and creator of the world, Heavyweight championship" to one of the spirit squad is more likely than there is of an entertaining Taker vs Kane feud.

I think Raw needs faces, Smackdowns fine. but personally I am against a draft lottery. it would be just another gimmick and lazy booking.

Perhaps Kane will just show up for no reason? Its only a rumour. I think they'll probably go with henry vs rey. Coz they're fucking stupid

Cool King
04-16-2006, 03:49 PM
God cutting a "Micheals screwed micheals" promo on Raw is more likely than scotty getting over as a challenger for the IC belt

*RAW after backlash*

God: Shawn, Vince is right, HBK screwed HBK!

HBK: :'(

*SummerSlam*

Styles: OH MY GOD! Scotty 2 Hotty is our new Intercontinental Champion!

The Optimist
04-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Theres no way Micheals will go to Smackdown, we're more likely to see a God heel turn at Backlash. God cutting a "Micheals screwed micheals" promo on Raw is more likely than scotty getting over as a challenger for the IC belt and God losing his "omnipotence and creator of the world, Heavyweight championship" to one of the spirit squad is more likely than there is of an entertaining Taker vs Kane feud.

I think Raw needs faces, Smackdowns fine. but personally I am against a draft lottery. it would be just another gimmick and lazy booking.

Perhaps Kane will just show up for no reason? Its only a rumour. I think they'll probably go with henry vs rey. Coz they're fucking stupidThank you, I agree with every point.
Micheals needs to do something new and good but won't

Scotty attempting to wrestle Shelton would kill me inside

Taker vs. Kane never impressed me. I suppose the non-sensical story behind their relationship and the thought that they simply started it for the "OH SHIT THEY'RE BOTH SEVEN FOOT" angle never got me goin'

darkpower
04-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Theres no way Micheals will go to Smackdown

Name one reasonable thing that HBK has left to DO on RAW? I don't think there IS none.

Look at the possible feuds and angles he can get in on SmackDown.

Once Orton comes back from his suspension (I don't think it'll be indefinite), his feud with HBK that they dod on RAW could fire up again.
He could challenge JBL, saying that JBL calling himself a "wrestling god" is crap because only one person in the WWE has the right to calling themself the "main event" and the "icon".
Some matches with Rey. Nuff said. Their match during the Eddie show was pure GOLD, and I would pay good money to see that again.
Remember the matches he had with Angle that were MOTY canidates?
Look at how many younger talents on SD that could benifit from working a program with HBK, even though it is known that HBK can be a prick at times.What is left on RAW? Being God's "deciple" as he continues to have match after match with Vince and company?

C'mon, PLEASE don't tell me that HBK still has a ton of feuds that he hasn't done yet on RAW that could prove to be a huge draw. Maybe him vs. Cena, but that's about it.

Cool King
04-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Scotty attempting to wrestle Shelton would kill me inside

I would love to see that match.

Mr. Nerfect
04-16-2006, 09:56 PM
I'm not going to go through a draft scenario, but I am going to suggest trades. Don't ask me why, but I see the WWE just trading some superstars this year.

1. KANE for THE UNDERTAKER
These two are brothers and often seen as parallels, it makes sense to trade them. This would mean no Great Khali vs. Undertaker blow-off, though. Is that a bad thing? Daivari could claim that his phenom scared The Undertaker away. This could also allowed Khali some more training time.

Kane on SmackDown! is fresh and exciting. Seeing what The Big Red Machine gets up to in the blue & silver would be interesting to say the least.

2. ASHLEY MASSARO for JILLIAN HALL
With the teased split-up between JBL & Jillian Hall, I think turning her face and sending her to RAW, where she can compete in the Women's Division, is a good thing. Ashley Massaro has been rumoured to be going to SmackDown!, so thi trade makes sense.

3. DANNY BASHAM & VISCERA for THE BOOGEYMAN
With Booker T's restraining order, they could have Theodore Long offer to send The Boogeyman to RAW. Danny Basham could team with Doug again, while Viscera can be an elevation guy for the cruiserweights.

4. KENNY, MIKEY & JOHNNY for MNM
This may seem harsh, but I think Nicky & Mitch need more work. It's not that I don't like them, both have shown a huge amount of talent, and both entertain me, but these two are the least established members of the team, and the two who are benefitting most from the light role on WWE TV. Give these two a year or two and they will be ready for call-up.

Melina can apparently wrestle, so putting her with the Women's Division is a good idea. Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro on RAW also isn't a bad move. I've always wanted to see the WWE Tag Team Championship on RAW. It makes even more sense now that the WWE Championship is there. MNM could feud with Hollywood-freak Goldust, who is currently teaming with Snitsky. MNM could also lay claim to being to greatest WWE Tag Team Champions of all time, cue Charlie Haas returning and teaming up with Shelton Benjamin again.

Kenny, Mikey & Johnny would all be fantastic on SmackDown!.

There are probably some more guys who could benefit from a change, but this is all I can think of at the moment.

Kane Knight
04-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Taker vs Khali could happen before the lottery, or could happen at any cross promotion.

I say trade Rey for any CW. Doesn't matter, but if he's not going to wrestle for the CW title any, why not trade him for someone who will?

Joesgonnakillyou
04-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Name one reasonable thing that HBK has left to DO on RAW? I don't think there IS none.

C'mon, PLEASE don't tell me that HBK still has a ton of feuds that he hasn't done yet on RAW that could prove to be a huge draw. Maybe him vs. Cena, but that's about it.

Hey, I wasn't saying moving him to SD wouldn't be a good idea, I'm Just saying its not gonna happen,despite smackdown having the better roster its still a B show and there being tons of stuff for him to do, Micheals will have none of it. HHH and Micheals are on raw to stay.

srnrew
04-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Personally I wish Vince and Shane go away cuz they're taking TV time away from wrestlers who could probably be out there wrestling, showing what they can do. Also would luv for Flair to finally retire as an active wrestler and be someone's manager. Get rid of the Spirit Squad gimmick cause its so damn annoying! Expand the Women's division to both RAW and Smackdown cause would like to see Melina challenge for the Women's belt (Melina and Trish did put on a decent women''s match at SS last year)

The Heat
04-16-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm hoping there will NOT be another draft. It makes the shows too unbalanced every time they draft. One show always gets the shaft[SmackDown most of the time].

I say let a few do the "jumping shows" thing like they did in the beginning of the roster split. Have one superstar from RAW[Kane, obviously] show up and attack Mysterio outta nowhere. Then, let him explain it as a contract loophole[as they always do]. Same with a SmackDown talent "jumping" to RAW. Maybe have Booker T or JBL go to RAW.

The only way this would work is to have two different GMs. SmackDown desperately needs a new heel GM[perhaps Vince or Shane McMahon] while RAW could use a face person not being used[JR, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair].

All these ideas would be much better than having a draft.

Joesgonnakillyou
04-16-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm for dropping all evil bosses. I think its been done to death. Just have GMs like Jack Tunney, just used to resolve conflicts, rarely

darkpower
04-17-2006, 05:27 AM
Hey, I wasn't saying moving him to SD wouldn't be a good idea, I'm Just saying its not gonna happen,despite smackdown having the better roster its still a B show and there being tons of stuff for him to do, Micheals will have none of it. HHH and Micheals are on raw to stay.

I think you are wrong, IMO (and I'm hoping that you ARE wrong, because HBK is VERY stale on RAW).

I'm thinking he might agree to at least try it out. Common sense (and that is asking alot out of the WWE, I know, but...) should tell them that if they want for SD to get out of that B show status (which they have been trying in my eyes to at least make a feeble attempt at doing lately), then they should give the necessary draws, and right now, HBK, though stale, can still be a draw if done right and the work ethnic is there. It's just that he's done EVERYTHING on RAW, and I can't see Vince letting him stay on RAW for much longer, even if HBK bends down and gives Vince multiple orgasms.

Hired Hitman
04-17-2006, 05:37 AM
Orlando 4 RAW.

Dave Youell
04-17-2006, 09:44 AM
RVD to Smackdown, then winning the title off Rey at one night stand, like i've been saying all along!

Cool King
04-17-2006, 10:15 AM
The ECW fans will hate that.

They gave Rey thousands of boos at the last ONS because he used a WWE made move (619). So if they did that becasue of one move, then what are the gonna do when there Main Event is Rey, defending the biggest WWE Title (WHC) against RVD who's only getting the match because he won the MITB Match at WrestleMania. The fans will notice that the only thing ECW about the match is that it's two former ECW guys in the ring together, maybe hitting each other with a chair or two. Everything else will be WWE.:-\

But knowing what the WWE is like, they won't care and do it anyway.

Kane Knight
04-17-2006, 10:38 AM
The ECW fans will hate that.

They gave Rey thousands of boos at the last ONS because he used a WWE made move (619). So if they did that becasue of one move, then what are the gonna do when there Main Event is Rey, defending the biggest WWE Title (WHC) against RVD who's only getting the match because he won the MITB Match at WrestleMania. The fans will notice that the only thing ECW about the match is that it's two former ECW guys in the ring together, maybe hitting each other with a chair or two. Everything else will be WWE.:-\

But knowing what the WWE is like, they won't care and do it anyway.

More like, "But WWE knows that the ECW fans would buy it on name value alone, and no matter how much they bitch, they're too stupid to turn away..."

St. Jimmy
04-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Draft Lottery works like this:
To Smackdown:
2 Credable Main-Event Guys
3 Guys you could push to the moon

To Raw:
2 Huge Main Event Guys
2 Guys To Push After Them
1 Female/Cruiser

Mr. Nerfect
04-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Draft Lottery works like this:
To Smackdown:
2 Credable Main-Event Guys
3 Guys you could push to the moon

To Raw:
2 Huge Main Event Guys
2 Guys To Push After Them
1 Female/Cruiser

1. Kane
2. Edge
3. Shelton Benjamin
4. Matt Striker
5. Carlito

1. The Undertaker
2. Booker T
3. Ken Kennedy
4. Bobby Lashley
5. Brian Kendrick

Just pulled that out of my ass without much thinking. Kane & Edge would replace Booker T & Randy Orton on SmackDown! respectively. The Undertaker gets moved to shake things up majorly. Shelton Benjamin feuds with Chris Benoit, while Matt Striker & Carlito help out with the Cruiserweight Division, joining a now solo Paul London and Champion Gregory Helms as figureheads of the division. Steven Richards also returns to the division, and Simon Dean starts competing in there.

Ken Kennedy becomes RAW's new Shelton Benjamin, mid-card asshole heel. Bobby Lashley plays Shelton's original role when he went to RAW, rookie face that picks up big wins. Brian Kendrick is just there for a fish out of water thing. For some reason I can see them teaming him up with Big Show. :wtf:

Actually, come to think about it, something as random as Spanky being on RAW could be a good thing. Brian Kendrick can work with Rob Conway, Chavo Guerrero, Charlie Haas and plenty of other guys while getting regular exposure. He could even team with Shawn Michaels once or twice (hey, the WWE loves throwing the World Tag Team Championship on random guys). They can even dig up old videos of the John Cena vs. Spanky feud and rekindle that for a month or so.

I'm not usually a huge advocate of this idea, but I think they could effectively end the draft. Or at least make their Championships interpromotional, getting rid of one set of titles.

loopydate
04-18-2006, 12:33 AM
RAW to SmackDown
1) Kane - For the Kane/Rey rumors.
2) HBK - He's done everything on RAW, and he can play an on-screen mentor to his real-life proteges London & Kendrick.
3) Chavo Guerrero - He's a cruiserweight, for God's sake!
4) Ashley - So she and Matt can be together (awwwwwwwww)
5) Ken Doane - They always split up at least one team, and Kenny has the most upside from the SS.

SmackDown to RAW
1) Undertaker - So he can go back to periodic appearances that will go back to being surprises since RAW's live.
2) The Great Khali - After UT destroys him, Vince can beat it to Big Show/Khali.
3) Hardcore Holly - So many kids who haven't paid their dues, so few jackass bullies to take them down a peg...
4) Mark Henry - Move him and there's less chance he'll accidentally sit on and kill a cruiser.
5) Jillian - The only diva on SD who would really benefit from a run in the Women's Division.

Favre4Ever
04-18-2006, 02:06 AM
1. Randy Orton- Hopeful he returns. Its time we get Cena and Orton on the same show. They've been holding off on this feud for a long time.

Rob Van Dam- RVD would be a great addition to Smackdown!, and i'm craving matches with Mysterio and Angle.

St. Jimmy
04-19-2006, 04:11 AM
1. Kane
2. Edge
3. Shelton Benjamin
4. Matt Striker
5. Carlito

1. The Undertaker
2. Booker T
3. Ken Kennedy
4. Bobby Lashley
5. Brian Kendrick

Just pulled that out of my ass without much thinking. Kane & Edge would replace Booker T & Randy Orton on SmackDown! respectively. The Undertaker gets moved to shake things up majorly. Shelton Benjamin feuds with Chris Benoit, while Matt Striker & Carlito help out with the Cruiserweight Division, joining a now solo Paul London and Champion Gregory Helms as figureheads of the division. Steven Richards also returns to the division, and Simon Dean starts competing in there.

Ken Kennedy becomes RAW's new Shelton Benjamin, mid-card asshole heel. Bobby Lashley plays Shelton's original role when he went to RAW, rookie face that picks up big wins. Brian Kendrick is just there for a fish out of water thing. For some reason I can see them teaming him up with Big Show. :wtf:

Actually, come to think about it, something as random as Spanky being on RAW could be a good thing. Brian Kendrick can work with Rob Conway, Chavo Guerrero, Charlie Haas and plenty of other guys while getting regular exposure. He could even team with Shawn Michaels once or twice (hey, the WWE loves throwing the World Tag Team Championship on random guys). They can even dig up old videos of the John Cena vs. Spanky feud and rekindle that for a month or so.

I'm not usually a huge advocate of this idea, but I think they could effectively end the draft. Or at least make their Championships interpromotional, getting rid of one set of titles.

:y: that's called "booking", and you need a job.

CharismaInjection
04-19-2006, 04:23 AM
PWInsider.com reports that there has been no talk of a draft happening this year. Since Smackdown is going to be pre-empted alot in major markets due to baseball and such WWE does not feel like it is even worth building up the Smackdown brand.

thanks to Chris from Ohio
credit to Steve Gerweck and Gerweck.net

Just found this...

Gray
04-19-2006, 08:45 AM
But if Edge was to go Smackdown, what about that whole drama with him and Matt Hardy?

Sure Vince "sacked" Hardy because Edge beat him in that Ladder Match, only for him to go over to SD

wwe2222
04-19-2006, 11:29 AM
HBK would do good going to smackdown, but since I dont want smackdown or usually cant, I want to see him stay on Raw.

He can still fued with:
Cena
RVD
Shelton Benjamin (I know they've wrestled, but they havent really had a fued)
Charlie Haas (if they give him a push)

Id like to see HBK and RVD battle it out a bunch of times

tucsonspeed6
04-19-2006, 12:51 PM
If there were a draft, I see McMahon rigging the whole thing so he gets what he wants. After getting defeated by Michaels and God he claims that he's "bored" with the Raw roster (acting very heelish so the crowd knows that he's really just scared of Michaels) so he trades himself for Teddy Long. Yes, I realize that McMahon technically isn't a member of the Raw roster, but this is WWE logic here.
Then, worried that Smackdown may have a Michaels counterpart of their own, he takes some enforcement with him while getting rid of some major threats from Smackdown. Kane for Benoit, HHH for Angle. The remaining two slots go to his new members of McMahonism. Umaga and Estrada for Boogieman, and Shelton for Burchill.

Raw, bogged down with faces would have a happy fun beatdown of the remaining ME Heel, Edge, when Cena turns on the other two faces because they're only after his precious spinner belt, turning heel

Smackdown would have an angle where apparently McMahon forgot about Taker. McMahon tries to fire Taker, but the deadman doesn't care and only wants justice. Meanwhile, the remaining heels will help promote the younger faces on the roster: Kennedy (turned face) and Lashley.