PDA

View Full Version : I know im gonna get shit for this but...

thecc
04-16-2006, 04:00 AM
I went to a czw show and *gasp* actually enjoyed it. There surprising was no death matches. I'll probally go into a better review when I get a chance though. The only thing i'm really pissed about is them not following up so much on the whole roh/czw war.

P.S. Best of the ebst this year is supposed to be czw vs roh themed and the first wrestler announced is Chris FUCKING Daniels.

Blitz
04-16-2006, 04:06 AM
You are hereby excommunicated from this forum.

Nah, I've seen a couple of CZW matches that weren't awful. Just that shit with guys like Mondo and Necro Butcher, that's garbage.

The One
04-16-2006, 04:24 AM
All indie marks eventually become Spot Monkey Marks...so I am not suprised.

Kane Knight
04-16-2006, 10:37 AM
CAZ has had several shows with no death matches. They still lean towards garbage, whether in the form of garbage wrestling or just garbage spotfests.

Londoner
04-16-2006, 12:15 PM
There's a czw ppv on TWC tonight, i'm 50/50 on whether i should bother watching it or not, may just keep switching between channels and seeing if its any good.Doubt it will be worth watching.

Kane Knight
04-16-2006, 12:20 PM
There's a czw ppv on TWC tonight, i'm 50/50 on whether i should bother watching it or not, may just keep switching between channels and seeing if its any good.Doubt it will be worth watching.

If it were being broadcast for free here, I'd at least spend some time checking it out.

I look at it this way. I wasted four hours of my life between the Ring 2 and White Noise. How much worse could it be?

Stickman
04-16-2006, 01:11 PM
I look at it this way. I wasted four hours of my life between the Ring 2 and White Noise. How much worse could it be?

What did you expect going into those movies?

Xero
04-16-2006, 01:12 PM
So why would you get shit? :shifty:

Kane Knight
04-16-2006, 01:25 PM
What did you expect going into those movies?

Not much. I did, however, except to not actually want my money back on FREE movies.

thecc
04-17-2006, 09:49 AM
Once again I do have to say, CZw has improved by leaps and bounds. They probally have the right balance of different styles. Once again Zandig really sucks at booking shows and I think it really hurts this roh/czw feud. This is especailly especially when you're only reason for backing out of a main event thats supposed to be czw vs roh,is that the roh guys are "pussies./" Other than that I thought, although not the ebstshow ever it was very enjoyab;e and after this I have become one of the hugest blackout marks ever (Eddie Kingston seriously rules so much). On another note the ECW arena seriously is really small.

thecc
04-17-2006, 09:50 AM
There's a czw ppv on TWC tonight, i'm 50/50 on whether i should bother watching it or not, may just keep switching between channels and seeing if its any good.Doubt it will be worth watching.If it's from before 2005 it's most likely to completly suck.

Kane Knight
04-17-2006, 12:20 PM
I'd like to point out that most people don't hate CZW as much as it seems. I'm far from a fan, and I still think most of what they're doing is shit (Whether deathmatch proper or not), but mostly, CZW bashing is to mock the retarded one...Sadistic.

redoneja
04-17-2006, 12:29 PM
To each his own. Wrestling is about what entertains you. Sure its fun to bash CZW marks or TNA marks or RoH marks or WWE marks, but in the end, its all about what entertains YOU.

Sadistic
04-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Lets forget what matches are in what promotion and enjoy wrestling for what it is.

Kane Knight
04-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Lets forget what matches are in what promotion and enjoy wrestling for what it is.

...Does not compute...

Sadistic
04-18-2006, 08:39 PM
...Does not compute...

Lets say every promotion had the same colour ring, was on in the same arena and had no commentary.
I gave you a collection of matches from all different promotions.
Even if you enjoyed some matches and I told you they were from CZW you would then change your opinion and rant on TPWW that those matches were shit.
That, my friend, is why we should enjoy wrestling for what it is.

Kane Knight
04-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Lets say every promotion had the same colour ring, was on in the same arena and had no commentary.
Even if you enjoyed some matches and I told you they were from CZW you would then change your opinion and rant on TPWW that those matches were shit.

Does not compute...

Sadistic
04-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Wow, how can I compete with such intelligence.

Kane Knight
04-18-2006, 09:00 PM
VBulletin Notice:

Error: Does not compute

Kane Knight
04-18-2006, 09:01 PM
LOL

I just realised you seriously don't get why I'm saying that.

It's not what you're saying, it's who is saying it.

Sadistic
04-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Will someone please post a "LOL" so he can go to bed happy?

The One
04-18-2006, 09:10 PM

I'm sorry, let me see if I get this straight...you are purposing that my and other peoples on this board's opinion of matches is based on arenas, rings, and flashy lights? No. That may be one of the most idiotic things I have ever read in my entire life. That's like saying the only reason Old Dead President High School doesn't have as many fans as the NFL is because of the statium they play in. Your argument is meaningless and is nothing more then some sad atempt to convince me and others that CZW is anything more then a Spot Fest.

What Spot-Marks don't understand is most fans don't care about a worthless match. A friend of mine was watching TNA with me the other day and pointed out how it was stupid as fuck that those guys just do (and this is his wording, "Meaingless flips that don't add anything to the damage it would cause"...CZW is one giant fucking spot. I have seen their shows, I have seen some of their recent matches, I continue to try and give them some form of credit, as i have no doubt the guys in the CZW locker room have just as much passion as any WWE superstar, in some cases even more...so I try to watch it. But I can't. They are worthless, I have yet to see one CZW match worth the time it took to watch it.

You could put them in a brand new shinny ring, with the biggest crowd in the world and have it live from Madison Square Garden...it wouldn't make the match good. It would make it a worthless match in a fancy place.

Sadistic
04-18-2006, 09:23 PM
No, you missed the point.

The point is that if the letters "CZW" are in anyway associated with a match then it is automatically shit regardless of how good the actual match is.
It's stupid.

The One
04-18-2006, 09:25 PM
I just told you I have watched CZW matches, and they are bad. So you are implying that my judgement of wrestling is based on a name?

Kane Knight
04-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Will someone please post a "LOL" so he can go to bed happy?

You're still alive and breeding hypocrisy. Why would I go to bed happy?

Kane Knight
04-18-2006, 09:40 PM
I just told you I have watched CZW matches, and they are bad. So you are implying that my judgement of wrestling is based on a name?

FINALLY. You're a genius.