PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Moore's New Gimmick...

snakeboss
04-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Shannon Moore will be getting a pervert gimmick. WWE have trademarked the term, "Prince of Perversion." "The Great Khali" has also been trademarked by WWE.

partial source: PWInsider.com
Credit to LOP.net

Great decision leaving TNA for this Shannon...Great decison. :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

What Would Kevin Do?
04-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Hear me out.

This could be good.

Assuming they don't make him like GOlddust's protege, they could do something decent with this.

Don't think of it like sniffing woman's panties perverted, but something like "Perverted Youth.", sort of like someone who back in ECW would have followed Raven, etc. Have him be sort of an outcast, maybe have him feud with the Spirit Squad, CM Punk when he comes up, Shelton, etc.

JH
04-17-2006, 05:39 PM
oh shit i can just imagine his music

Stand Back There's A Pervert Coming Through

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2006, 05:39 PM
I think that is what they call Goldust. I'm pretty certain this is exclusively for Goldust.

Anybody Thrilla
04-17-2006, 06:08 PM
I think that is what they call Goldust. I'm pretty certain this is exclusively for Goldust.

Yeah, I could've sworn I'd heard them call Goldust that before.

Gray
04-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Quick Google brings up Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Dust)

Under "Quotes" and "Nicknames"

Blitz
04-17-2006, 06:19 PM
Best Gimmick Ever.

Anybody Thrilla
04-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Regardless, he was the Prince of Punk in TNA. That isn't phenomonally better, if at all.

.44 Magdalene
04-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Yeah, Golddust called himself the Prince of Perversion while he was cornering Shelton Benjamin's mom. I remember it like it was yesterday, since I got a pretty big kick out of it.

Joesgonnakillyou
04-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Anyone leaving TNA for WWE under current conditions has a bit of screw loose.

Unless they just want more money, which i can understand, but they gotta know their credibility will fly out the window (if they ever had any)

McLegend
04-17-2006, 11:24 PM
No way.

Moore got like $500 a show for TNA. He didn't have a contract with them and it wasn't steady money.

Definitely don't blame him for going to the WWE.

Mr. JL
04-17-2006, 11:57 PM
Fuck, why not sign with the WWE?

It is the more secure job. He's making more money. It is the established wrestling promotion.

Hell, if he gets fired then he can go right back to TNA.

Gertner
04-18-2006, 12:26 AM
lol i thought Superslim had that trademarked

TerranRich
04-18-2006, 12:32 AM
If WWE offered me a job, I'd put on a wig and women's panties and accept a gimmick as a crossdressing wrestler, or a confused hippie, for Christ's sake. It's worth the money.

Plus, it's tons of fun. :shifty:

Corkscrewed
04-18-2006, 01:45 AM
At least he's not a bisexual.... or did they just slap OJ's proposed gimmick on Moore and modify it slightly?

Moore and Snitsky would make an interesting team. It'd make no sense, but it'd be interesting.

The Heat
04-18-2006, 03:02 AM
Moore has actual potential in-ring. His "Prince of Punk" gimmick in TNA was annoying as hell. Perhaps the geniuses' of WWE creative will give us something "creative" in terms of a new gimmick for Moore.

I'm opting to say they'll probably make him Matt Hardy's lackey again....

The One
04-18-2006, 04:23 AM
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!

There is no way that copyright was for Moore...what woman is called "prince". :shifty:

ddpBANG
04-18-2006, 04:41 AM
^ I was waiting for that

The One
04-18-2006, 04:42 AM
Happy to provide. :D

ddpBANG
04-18-2006, 04:53 AM
Speaking of providing... do you have the... uh... the uh... stuff?

The One
04-18-2006, 04:54 AM
Yeah, but it's not Thursday yet. :shifty:

The One
04-18-2006, 04:55 AM
Speaking of which, if I do nothing but post meaningless rants all day long and post random ideas that I think are the greatest thing ever that are really the worst shit ever on Thursday, don't be shocked.

ddpBANG
04-18-2006, 04:56 AM
Yeah, but it's not Thursday yet. :shifty:
Ah yeah. I... forgot. ;)

ddpBANG
04-18-2006, 04:58 AM
Speaking of which, if I do nothing but post meaningless rants all day long and post random ideas that I think are the greatest thing ever that are really the worst shit ever on Thursday, don't be shocked.
I'm never shocked by anything on this site anymore.

The One
04-18-2006, 05:03 AM
I was shocked once by this site...actually I hadn't used my computer in a while and the static built up...but still.

Fox
04-19-2006, 01:32 AM
Fuck, why not sign with the WWE?

It is the more secure job. He's making more money. It is the established wrestling promotion.

Hell, if he gets fired then he can go right back to TNA.

Those three reasons are obviously very lucrative ideals to a professional wrestler. But what about enjoying what you do with your life? I think the reason guys like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe stay in TNA and the indies instead of moving up to the big time is because outside of the WWE they aren't told what to do in the ring. They aren't given a scripted match or a scripted promo. The wrestlers get to more or less figure out their own matches, and that's a huge part of what being a pro wrestler is all about anyways.

Then there's the fact that the WWE's road schedule requires them to be on the road approximately 325 days a year. That's a lot of fucking days to be doing something you don't enjoy anymore.

It's the question of whether it's better to be financially satisfied or professionally happy.

Kane Knight
04-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Anyone leaving TNA for WWE under current conditions has a bit of screw loose.

Unless they just want more money, which i can understand, but they gotta know their credibility will fly out the window (if they ever had any)

What credibility does TNA have?

Kane Knight
04-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Those three reasons are obviously very lucrative ideals to a professional wrestler. But what about enjoying what you do with your life? I think the reason guys like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe stay in TNA and the indies instead of moving up to the big time is because outside of the WWE they aren't told what to do in the ring. They aren't given a scripted match or a scripted promo. The wrestlers get to more or less figure out their own matches, and that's a huge part of what being a pro wrestler is all about anyways.

Then there's the fact that the WWE's road schedule requires them to be on the road approximately 325 days a year. That's a lot of fucking days to be doing something you don't enjoy anymore.

It's the question of whether it's better to be financially satisfied or professionally happy.

Those are GREAT examples!

I mean, just because AJ Styles went to WWE and Samoa Joe was looking to (And who knows, may still) doesn't diminish your argument about purists who "enjoy what they're doing" any.