PDA

View Full Version : Death Of WCW: the book??

Watson
04-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Yeah I've been wanting to read another wrestling book lately and I'm considering buying "Death Of WCW". But I'm wondering, is it as good as I've heard it is or should I buy something else? I've read "Wrestlecrap" and I didn't think it was all it was cracked up to be and I've heard "Death Of WCW" is similar. I also considered "Mysteries Of Pro Wrestling: Solved" but I don't know much about it. The last wrestling book I read was "Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story" which was great. So I don't want to read another autobiography because regardless of what it is it will pale in comparion to Eddie's book. So should I get "Death Of WCW" or something else?

Xero
04-17-2006, 08:28 PM
I didn't read Wrestlecrap, but I loved Death of WCW (and the site). It's not really like the site, it's more of a week-by-week review of WCW and what went wrong. There are a lot of behind-the-scenes stories that were never revealed.

Overall, if you wanted to know how WCW was really run, it's a very good read.

Watson
04-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Wait a minute, there's a Death Of WCW website?

ddpBANG
04-17-2006, 09:04 PM
I didn't know there was a site either...

As far as the book goes, it's one of the best books I own.

Xero
04-17-2006, 09:06 PM
I was referring to wrestlecrap.com.

ddpBANG
04-17-2006, 09:08 PM
You didn't make that very clear, Xero

Xero
04-17-2006, 09:11 PM
It should have been inferred.

Watson
04-17-2006, 09:17 PM
LoL. I thought that was what you meant, Xero, just wasn't sure since you said "loved Death Of WCW (and the site)".