PDA

View Full Version : Should The WWE Start Showing An Annual WCW Event?

therealdeal
04-19-2006, 06:54 AM
With the success of the ECW shows, I wonder if Vince has considered doing an annual WCW event, such as Starcade or the Great American Bash? They still employ several former WCW stars, and I think the show's would be great for nestalgic purposes. What are your thoughts?

Kalyx triaD
04-19-2006, 07:12 AM
I think you should look up the Crisis Centre right now.

Pinnacle Charisma
04-19-2006, 07:30 AM
Rolf ^^

SammyG
04-19-2006, 07:40 AM
Fat Chick Thrilla vs TAFKA would be gold

Dave Youell
04-19-2006, 07:47 AM
That show would cost millions to put together, it would never pay itself off!

94 SVT Cobra
04-19-2006, 10:33 AM
With the success of the ECW shows, I wonder if Vince has considered doing an annual WCW event, such as Starcade or the Great American Bash? They still employ several former WCW stars, and I think the show's would be great for nestalgic purposes. What are your thoughts?

I think i know what post got you that red dot you have there........

TerranRich
04-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Kalyx, WTF is this Crisis Centre [sic] you keep mentioning??

Kalyx triaD
04-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Kalyx, WTF is this Crisis Centre [sic] you keep mentioning??

You don't visit the Casual Forum at all, do you?

Basically it's a group against cyber-snobs, guys who put down people for little or no reason.

The snobs in question are kind of sick of us. They accuse us of littering the forums and here you are never hearing about us. :)

What's more, our threads are easily the cream of the Casual's crop and they end up bumping and littering our threads in the end. I don't speak speculation; look for yourself and judge.

McDoogle
04-19-2006, 11:12 AM

Basically it's a group against cyber-snobs, guys who put down people for little or no reason.

The snobs in question are kind of sick of us. They accuse us of littering the forums and here you are never hearing about us. :)

What's more, our threads are easily the cream of the Casual's crop and they end up bumping and littering our threads in the end. I don't speak speculation; look for yourself and judge.

So basically they're a bunch of fags who want attention and oh boy are they getting it!

Kalyx triaD
04-19-2006, 11:17 AM
So basically they're a bunch of fags who want attention and oh boy are they getting it!

It was never about attention so much as respect. You, for instance. You proved my point without me saying anything to provoke you.

McDoogle
04-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Those who want respect must show respect.

Kalyx triaD
04-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Those who want respect must show respect.

Are you saying that I don't show respect? Cause I'd then dare you to provide links to proof.

tucsonspeed6
04-19-2006, 12:06 PM

Bananna

redoneja
04-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Well they already have a Great American Bash PPV. And doing a WCW PPV would be rather pointless because WCW didn't have a distinct style from WWE. Sure, it had the crusierweights and for a while showcased some lesser known talents from Japan, Canada, and Mexico but that's not gonna get buy rates.

Xero
04-19-2006, 12:34 PM
No, but the big names and big matches would.

Flair/Rhoades or Flair/Steamboat could headline and, even if it would be shit, would draw huge.

Kalyx triaD
04-19-2006, 12:46 PM

Flair/Rhoades or Flair/Steamboat could headline and, even if it would be shit, would draw huge.

Those matches could happen in the WWE. I think what ninja was trying to say was WCW didn't have a style other than trying to be like the WWF at the time. The difference between ECW and WWE was and is still different enough to see it during ONS or any old ECW tape/DVD.

redoneja
04-19-2006, 12:53 PM

See, I see this more as an NWA thing than a WCW thing. Nobody really seems to bring up a pre-Hogan WCW and most of the casuals only identify with the nWo-era WCW and beyond.

Xero
04-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Here's a quick card, including a few guys they'd have to bring in. In no real order.

Ric Flair vs. Sting

-If they can't get Sting-

Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes

Hollywood Hogan vs. Goldberg

Chris Benoit vs. Booker T

Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio

The Outsiders vs. The Steiner Brothers

Vince McMahon vs. Eric Bischoff (Which is basically a given.)

Kalyx triaD
04-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Here's a quick card, including a few guys they'd have to bring in. In no real order.

Ric Flair vs. Sting

-If they can't get Sting-

Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes

Hollywood Hogan vs. Goldberg

Chris Benoit vs. Booker T

Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio

The Outsiders vs. The Steiner Brothers

Vince McMahon vs. Eric Bischoff (Which is basically a given.)

Looks like RAW 2003.

ThruTheWire
04-19-2006, 01:37 PM

Draw huge? You could not pay me enough money to sit through that. I don't think that would draw huge or even a little bit. There are people who would be much more worthy of headlining the event, which would likely be just as crap as the real WCW.

Kalyx triaD
04-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Draw huge? You could not pay me enough money to sit through that. I don't think that would draw huge or even a little bit. There are people who would be much more worthy of headlining the event, which would likely be just as crap as the real WCW.

w0ah.