PDA

View Full Version : So I almost watched TNA last night

Stickman
04-21-2006, 11:23 AM
But I didn't. I was flipping channels and stopped on TNA. The first thing I heard was something about Team Sting and Team 3D and Team Jarrett and Team Circle Jerk. How many fucking Teams are there? Since I got bored as soon as I heard Team Sting I flipped back to Dallas Swat.

loopydate
04-21-2006, 11:26 AM
No offense, but that's a pretty stupid reason to turn the channel.

Team 3D is what TNA calls the Dudley Boyz (since WWE owns the rights to the "Dudley" name). Team Canada is a recurring stable made up of Canadians.

Jarrett's Army and Sting's Warriors are temporary teams set up for a War Games-style eight-man match at the next PPV.

For WWE's sake, I hope you're a little more patient in November when they start talking about Survivor Series teams.

"I started hearing about Team Angle and Team JBL and Team Michaels and Team McMahon and I just changed the channel. How many fucking teams are there?"

Cool King
04-21-2006, 11:31 AM
For WWE's sake, I hope you're a little more patient in November when they start talking about Survivor Series teams.

"I started hearing about Team Angle and Team JBL and Team Michaels and Team McMahon and I just changed the channel. How many fucking teams are there?"

Well I've gotta agree with Stickman here Loopy. There's too many stables begining with "Team"

I'm ok with the WWE having "Team this" and "Team that", but that's only for November, because of Survivor Series. But TNA has them permanently. The stables are "Team something". The only TNA stable I've heard of that doesn't start with "Team" is AMW.:-\

Stickman
04-21-2006, 11:31 AM
I probably turned the channel for more subconcious reasons such as the fact that TNA is terrible....Yeah, so is WWE, but I can't stand TNA.

Impact!
04-21-2006, 11:32 AM
:lol:

It'll be worse if he flicks on during the X cup.

"I flicked on to iMPACT!, and all I hear is Team 3D, Team Japan, Team USA, Team UK, Team Canada, so forth."

Xero
04-21-2006, 11:32 AM
I almost watched TNA last night, but then I realized that if I record TNA I don't record Leno.

I made my choice.

Impact!
04-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Well I've gotta agree with Stickman here Loopy. There's too many stables begining with "Team"

I'm ok with the WWE having "Team this" and "Team that", but that's only for November, because of Survivor Series. But TNA has them permanently. The stables are "Team something". The only TNA stable I've heard of that doesn't start with "Team" is AMW.:-\
AMW and Team 3D aren't stables though. They're just tag teams. Team Sting and Team Jarret aren't stables either, and the only real stable's TNA has atm are Jarret's army and Team Canada :-\

loopydate
04-21-2006, 11:35 AM

I can only think of two. Team Canada and Team 3D.

Plus, there's the Naturals, the Diamonds in the Rough, the James Gang, LAX...

The X Cup teams are also "Teams," but again that's along the same lines of the Survivor Series, wherein they're named for what they have in common (in this case, nationality).

Kane Knight
04-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Listening to the Dudleys do a Toby Keith impression's a pretty good reason though. Almost had me shut off the TV a couple weeks back

Missed this TNA. totally forgot about it.

loopydate
04-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Agreed. The chest-thumping red-white-and-blue shit was hard enough to stomach in 2002 (you know, back when "United We Stood"), but now it's almost nauseating. I was losing interest in the 3D/Canada feud until they brought back "Runt" ( :roll: at the name), but now he adds a new wrinkle and I'm interested again. I just wish they could have a normal match instead of a "Capture The Flag/Anthem Match."

Jaton
04-21-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm surprised Jarrett's pseudo-erotic nWo isn't called Team Jarrett.

loopydate
04-21-2006, 12:39 PM
I thought for a while they were calling it Planet Jarrett, but now they're saying it's Jarrett's Army. They might as well call it "Where Upper-Midcard Pushes Go To Die."

Kane Knight
04-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Agreed. The chest-thumping red-white-and-blue shit was hard enough to stomach in 2002 (you know, back when "United We Stood"), but now it's almost nauseating. I was losing interest in the 3D/Canada feud until they brought back "Runt" ( :roll: at the name), but now he adds a new wrinkle and I'm interested again. I just wish they could have a normal match instead of a "Capture The Flag/Anthem Match."

Yeah, this whole "US vs Canada" thing has always been pretty retarded anyway. Now they're just making it dumber. Aside from wearing camo, what do the Dudleyz have to do with anything American?

Spike might make things interesting, but I'm fearing for the worst. Kinda like when I expected big things from Sting, and he quit.

Vietnamese Crippler
04-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Damn Adult Swim, made me forget all about TNA :(

loopydate
04-21-2006, 12:51 PM
It was one thing when the WWF did "USA vs. Canada" in 1997, because it was a logical extension of the Austin/Hart feud. But it's been done over and over and over again over the last decade with no reason other than "you're Canadian, so you must HATE AMERICA!"

-EDIT-

Oh, hey, this is my 7,500th post.

Kane Knight
04-21-2006, 12:56 PM
It was one thing when the WWF did "USA vs. Canada" in 1997, because it was a logical extension of the Austin/Hart feud. But it's been done over and over and over again over the last decade with no reason other than "you're Canadian, so you must HATE AMERICA!"

-EDIT-

Patriotism and boobies. Best ways to hook the crowd. Now if only the Patriot had tits, maybe he would have lasted more than 3 weeks. :shifty:

Xero
04-21-2006, 12:57 PM
How original is "Team Canada", though? Forget the genericness of it, how many fucking "Team Canada" named stables have there been?

Kane Knight
04-21-2006, 02:44 PM
How original is "Team Canada", though? Forget the genericness of it, how many fucking "Team Canada" named stables have there been?

At least the idea they had of a competition between different nationalities made some sense by itself.

FourFifty
04-21-2006, 07:50 PM

Ah, I miss the old school SS, where they had 3 or 4 classic SS style matches. I'd like to see that again, not just one classic SS match.

Shadow
04-22-2006, 12:38 AM
You and me both FF. You and me both.

Fox
04-22-2006, 07:01 PM
But I didn't. I was flipping channels and stopped on TNA. The first thing I heard was something about Team Sting and Team 3D and Team Jarrett and Team Circle Jerk. How many fucking Teams are there? Since I got bored as soon as I heard Team Sting I flipped back to Dallas Swat.

Yeah, Texans with guns shooting shit is much more intelligible than an utterly confusing and intellectually frustrating Team Sting vs. Team Jarrett feud. Agh! We're simple people for fuck's sake, TNA! Stop convoluting shit with so many confusing storylines like a heel group vs. a face group! It's very difficult. People like Stickman are being turned off by this.

Kane Knight
04-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Wow. You really do become a total retard anytime someone questions TNA, don't you?

The One
04-23-2006, 02:45 AM
Yeah, this whole "US vs Canada" thing has always been pretty retarded anyway. Now they're just making it dumber. Aside from wearing camo, what do the Dudleyz have to do with anything American?

Besides, I don't know why, but I always pictured DudleyVille being somewhere in Europe.

The Heat
04-23-2006, 06:47 AM
Did anyone else notice that they said Jerry Lynn was the former captain of "Team USA"? :lol: He's CANADIAN......

Must've been another of Jarrett's bright ideas :D

The One
04-23-2006, 06:58 AM
Did anyone else notice that they said Jerry Lynn was the former captain of "Team USA"? :lol: He's CANADIAN......

Must've been another of Jarrett's bright ideas :D

Uhhh...First of all, Jerry Lynn is from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Second of all, when Lynn was Captain it was called Team TNA and it faced off against Team Mexico and Team Canada. Since everyone saw it was basically Team USA vs. the evil other countries, TNA itself started calling it Team USA, but this was after Jerry Lynn was no longer captain.

Impact!
04-23-2006, 07:37 AM
Uhhh...First of all, Jerry Lynn is from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Second of all, when Lynn was Captain it was called Team TNA and it faced off against Team Mexico and Team Canada. Since everyone saw it was basically Team USA vs. the evil other countries, TNA itself started calling it Team USA, but this was after Jerry Lynn was no longer captain.
:y:

Kane Knight
04-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Besides, I don't know why, but I always pictured DudleyVille being somewhere in Europe.

I pictured it being somewhere in Alabama. Or any place where inbreeding could be prominent enough to create that many retards. :D

Xero
04-23-2006, 11:20 AM
I pictured it being somewhere in Alabama. Or any place where inbreeding could be prominent enough to create that many inbreds. :D

Impact!
04-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Tasmania?

Mister Sinister
04-23-2006, 02:34 PM

-EDIT-

Well I am Canadian and I do hate America....Grr Mean Bush :-\

The One
04-23-2006, 03:04 PM
...Or any place where inbreeding could be prominent enough to create that many retards. :D

How is this NOT Europe?

Heyoooooooooooo!

loopydate
04-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Well I am Canadian and I do hate America....Grr Mean Bush :-\

Well, if that was all it took to hate America, then an ever-growing percentage of Americans hate America, too.

Kane Knight
04-23-2006, 04:07 PM
How is this NOT Europe?

Heyoooooooooooo!

Well it's...

...You got me there.

Kane Knight
04-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Well, if that was all it took to hate America, then an ever-growing percentage of Americans hate America, too.

Haven't you heard? If you're against Bush, you ARE Un-American.

Because if we don't drill for oil in Alaska and cut taxes for the rich, then al Qaeda will bomb us for our freedoms again!

The One
04-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Why does everyone have such a phobia of drilling in Alaska? This is totally off topic, but someone explain to me why we shouldn't drill for oil in Alaska, but every other state it's a free game.

YOUR Hero
04-23-2006, 04:14 PM
why not drill in Yosemite Nat. park. or Yellowstone?

YOUR Hero
04-23-2006, 04:15 PM
...it's not about Alaska, it's about where in Alaska.

The One
04-23-2006, 04:16 PM
So the entire fucking state of Alaska should be labled a national park.

The One
04-23-2006, 04:19 PM
...it's not about Alaska, it's about where in Alaska.

Those who want to drill in Alaska arn't saying the entire fucking state should be holes, there is area and space in Alaska that everyone has expressed concern for, yet the vast majority of Alaska continue to be barn, unused, and filled with oil that won't cost us the lives of soilders trying to secure US oil interests overseas...the way I see it, I think it's a joke we DON'T have rigs pumping 24/7 up in Alaska

Kane Knight
04-23-2006, 04:22 PM
Why does everyone have such a phobia of drilling in Alaska? This is totally off topic, but someone explain to me why we shouldn't drill for oil in Alaska, but every other state it's a free game.

It's not Alaska, but the wildlife reserves that are the issue. Think of it. Alaska has a HUGE fucking pipeline going already, and is so oil-laden it pays people to live there.

We'd be tearing up a place with no real indication that there's any oil down there in the first place, all to support an addction to oil we should be curbing in the first place.

Stickman
04-24-2006, 01:01 AM
It's amazing that the price of oil is so high yet the top dogs of the oil companies are making billions of dollars. You'd think, after all these years, after all the advancement of technology that we wouldn't need oil anymore. But no, not the case. I'm not a big conspiracy thinking kind of guy, but this makes me wonder.

Xero
04-24-2006, 01:06 AM
Wow, this is the most off topic we've ever been. Forget going from Bret Hart's carrer to Goldberg's streak, now we're going from almost watching TNA to talking about oil.

Kane Knight
04-24-2006, 09:38 AM
It's amazing that the price of oil is so high yet the top dogs of the oil companies are making billions of dollars. You'd think, after all these years, after all the advancement of technology that we wouldn't need oil anymore. But no, not the case. I'm not a big conspiracy thinking kind of guy, but this makes me wonder.

They've spent billions of dollars casting dispersions on alternative fuel sources (Including vegetable oil, which the original engine was designed to run on), so it's not really a conspiracy theory. It's pretty real. Hydrogen fuel was viable when I was in high school, but they're still casting dispersions on it.

The price of oil is so high, ironically, because of supply issues. I say ironic, because these supply issues are more or less illusory at this point. Gas was starting to go down and the executives were starting to lose money, so they started crying supply issues. This is what happens when you run a major resource with a cartel.

Stickman
04-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Then you add in that Alaska has a shit load of oil, and throw in that in Alberta, there's supposedly enough oil for the world to run on for 20 years. Yeah, supply is scarce.

Kane Knight
04-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Then you add in that Alaska has a shit load of oil, and throw in that in Alberta, there's supposedly enough oil for the world to run on for 20 years. Yeah, supply is scarce.

Of course, our oil is more expensive to refine, but it's available.

Frankly, I hope the continued "supply scare" scares people right out of their SUVs and into hybrids and other vehicles not reliant on fossil fuels. Maybe if we get people off of oil, it'll be a little easier to not go over th e"tipping point" at which our climate's changes will be irreversible.

The One
04-24-2006, 01:50 PM
When you guys talk about oil you see it in to narrow a light. Oil isn't just what makes our cars go, it's the foundation of the energy world. It's not a huge conspiracy to keep us dependent on oil, it's the fact that up til this point in time we havn't found a way to get the same or more power in a less harmful/easier way. Plus, the exchange between energy sources has historically been brutal. When we switched from firewood to coal and from coal to oil both times it was laced with more abusive laboring and *big shock* wealth for those who had the source of our energy. This time might be one of the smoothest transitions, if for no other reason then the Oil Industry desperatly wants to not use oil all the time. Do you know that BP (second largest oil company in the world behind Exxon Mobile) is the world's largest supplier of solar and wind power in the world.

Now I personally think anyone in an SUV or a needlessly big ass truck should be kicked in the nuts. I am not so sure I like Hybrid cars, they are a good idea, but irrnoically the polution that is created from the making of the car batterie (which needs replacing much more frequently) is actually WORSE then the polution it would have spewed being a regular car. It's a good idea, but it needs more tunning. As for this whole big bad "supply scare"; I think it's complete bullshit. There is a limited amount of oil on this planet, we are using 80 million barrels of oil every single day. A day. That's a lot of oil to be pumping out of the ground. Is it scary to see the end of oil in our sights? Yeah it is. It IS scary, but it isn't some corperate machine creating thay myth, it's a fact.

Oil isn't just what we run our cars off of, hell you could completely do away with cars and that would only effect a small portion of what we use oil for. And when I say small I am talking less then 10%. Look around the room your in...is a light on? Your computer is on. TV? Heater/AC? Clock? All of that is using oil. Bitch about oil prices all you want, the fact is the lack of oil is a much larger problem then just how expensive gas might get.

And if you think ANYONE is scared more then Oil execs, your dead wrong. Think of it this way, the world's largest Oil companies are doing more to find non-Oil sources of energy then any other company in the world. Trust me, when Oil runs dry, they run out of supply, then they got nothing. Which would blow our economy right out the window. If you added up how much money the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, every single golf course in the world, every single movie on this planet made this year, then multiplied it by 2...you STILL don't have how much money BP made last year alone, and they were even 1 billion dollars short from what they expected. That's a lot of money to suddenly NOT be floating around. That's a lot of money for Oil companies NOT to be getting. Oil Companies want more desperatly then any other organization on this planet to find a cheaper/easier/more effective/safer source of energy because if they do they can continue to hold on to the power and continue to gain the wealth of being the energy company.

Xero
04-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah, didn't watch TNA. No indeed. :shifty:

The One
04-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Yeah, didn't watch TNA. No indeed. :shifty:

No where near talking about TNA anymore...get with the times. ;)

Kane Knight
04-24-2006, 01:54 PM
When you guys talk about oil you see it in to narrow a light. Oil isn't just what makes our cars go, it's the foundation of the energy world. It's not a huge conspiracy to keep us dependent on oil, it's the fact that up til this point in time we havn't found a way to get the same or more power in a less harmful/easier way. Plus, the exchange between energy sources has historically been brutal. When we switched from firewood to coal and from coal to oil both times it was laced with more abusive laboring and *big shock* wealth for those who had the source of our energy. This time might be one of the smoothest transitions, if for no other reason then the Oil Industry desperatly wants to not use oil all the time. Do you know that BP (second largest oil company in the world behind Exxon Mobile) is the world's largest supplier of solar and wind power in the world.

Now I personally think anyone in an SUV or a needlessly big ass truck should be kicked in the nuts. I am not so sure I like Hybrid cars, they are a good idea, but irrnoically the polution that is created from the making of the car batterie (which needs replacing much more frequently) is actually WORSE then the polution it would have spewed being a regular car. It's a good idea, but it needs more tunning. As for this whole big bad "supply scare"; I think it's complete bullshit. There is a limited amount of oil on this planet, we are using 80 million barrels of oil every single day. A day. That's a lot of oil to be pumping out of the ground. Is it scary to see the end of oil in our sights? Yeah it is. It IS scary, but it isn't some corperate machine creating thay myth, it's a fact.

Oil isn't just what we run our cars off of, hell you could completely do away with cars and that would only effect a small portion of what we use oil for. And when I say small I am talking less then 10%. Look around the room your in...is a light on? Your computer is on. TV? Heater/AC? Clock? All of that is using oil. Bitch about oil prices all you want, the fact is the lack of oil is a much larger problem then just how expensive gas might get.

And if you think ANYONE is scared more then Oil execs, your dead wrong. Think of it this way, the world's largest Oil companies are doing more to find non-Oil sources of energy then any other company in the world. Trust me, when Oil runs dry, they run out of supply, then they got nothing. Which would blow our economy right out the window. If you added up how much money the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, every single golf course in the world, every single movie on this planet made this year, then multiplied it by 2...you STILL don't have how much money BP made last year alone, and they were even 1 billion dollars short from what they expected. That's a lot of money to suddenly NOT be floating around. That's a lot of money for Oil companies NOT to be getting. Oil Companies want more desperatly then any other organization on this planet to find a cheaper/easier/more effective/safer source of energy because if they do they can continue to hold on to the power and continue to gain the wealth of being the energy company.

I know you're taking the piss, but come on. :rofl:

The One
04-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Actually I am dead serious.

Kane Knight
04-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Actually I am dead serious.

Right. I believe you.

:rofl:

The One
04-24-2006, 02:05 PM
If you want to think I am joking, you can. That is however what I believe, it is based off of facts. The energy business is something I take great interest in, and if you have counter thoughts, please share...but I swear I am being serious.

Kane Knight
04-24-2006, 02:41 PM
:rofl:

Sorry, but when the oil lobbyists are pushing against energy reform, when there are viable fuel alternatives (And not just for the auto industry, but let's just assume that the "less than 10 %" was the only place we could cut oil right now...Wouldn't it be better than doing nothing? Oh wait, if we don't stop using oil all at once, then BAH GAWD NOTHING WILL HAPPEN! IT WON'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE AT ALL!!!!!!oneoneoneoneoneone), the fact that the oil industry has HIRED scientists to discredit alternative fuels sources...

Yeah. OMG. I'm gonna take you seriously, Stephen.