PDA

View Full Version : If you ran TNA...

The One
04-23-2006, 07:13 AM
What would you do differently? Nothing earth shattering. Just something small you would change...

*I would get rid of Don West and bring in Kevin Nash as Color Man.

D Mac
04-23-2006, 07:18 AM
I love Nash and all but I think Shane Douglas would make a better Color.

The One
04-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Personally I would take Nash over Douglas any day...and since we're on the topic, Shane Douglas' wife made him leave TNA to go to a clinic for abuse pain killers.

McLegend
04-23-2006, 10:01 AM
No more run ins

Kane Knight
04-23-2006, 10:52 AM
I'd make sure people could identify the wrestlers aside from the flavor of the month, Jarrett, and AJ Styles.

Too many Generics in TNA. They clearly want sports ENTERTAINMENT (Or we wouldn't have shite angles like Team Sting, Canada versus America, etc.), so let's give some of these people some level of personality or reason for the entertainment fanbase to give a shit,

Innovator
04-23-2006, 02:15 PM
clean finishes

DaBrasko
04-23-2006, 02:33 PM
I'd make sure people could identify the wrestlers aside from the flavor of the month, Jarrett, and AJ Styles.

Too many Generics in TNA. They clearly want sports ENTERTAINMENT (Or we wouldn't have shite angles like Team Sting, Canada versus America, etc.), so let's give some of these people some level of personality or reason for the entertainment fanbase to give a shit,

I agree with this, for example I always confused Alex Shelly and Roderick Strong for the longest time until they gave Shelly the "Shelly Cam" gimmick. Jay Lethal needs personality bad, he has all the tools for the X-division but nothing sets him apart from everyone else except that he is the young black guy with cornrolls.

PullMyFinger
04-23-2006, 02:38 PM
I agree with this, for example I always confused Alex Shelly and Roderick Strong for the longest time until they gave Shelly the "Shelly Cam" gimmick. Jay Lethal needs personality bad, he has all the tools for the X-division but nothing sets him apart from everyone else except that he is the young black guy with cornrolls.

Jay "Cotton Picker" Lethal

Lock Jaw
04-23-2006, 02:40 PM
I'd give them personalities and storylines that aren't basically just "Face gets beat down". "Face loses with billions of run-ins".

Rob
04-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Take the PPV's out of Orlando and tour the country.

6to1
04-23-2006, 03:21 PM
thats a good idea rob an with a ppv they could fill the halls and not have to dlack out areas.

loopydate
04-23-2006, 03:26 PM
I would go back to making the X Division the main focus of the shows. It's the one thing they arguably do better than WWE, so they should be leading with that. The X Cup is a good start, but they should get the belt off Joe and put it on another high-flier. That roster is so deep that we really don't need (or want) a 10-minute "Jarrett's Army" segment each week.

The One
04-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Also, I would drop to my knees and beg, plead, and cry at the feet of Spike TV to allow us a 2 hour time slot...they just can't work it with one hour.

Kane Knight
04-23-2006, 04:06 PM
You forgot perform fellatio...

Londoner
04-23-2006, 06:39 PM
I would get rid of JJ, surprised no one has said that yet.

The One
04-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Probably because I said nothing earth shattering and for a company to lose it's primary owner...that would be earth shattering.

Londoner
04-23-2006, 07:52 PM
I wouldn't call it earth shattering.Everybody would've forgotten about him by the next month after he has been released.

Bad Company
04-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Bring in Marty Janetty.

Innovator
04-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Bring in Low Ki

Londoner
04-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Innovator stop mentioning Low ki in every thread damnit.You'll ruin my excitement for the match next week the more you say it.

Skippord
04-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Sabin+Gimmick=Push

Batsu
04-23-2006, 10:35 PM
No more WWE "counterbooking". The main-event scene reminds me of WCW trying to play catch-up to WWE during the Attitude Era.

Innovator
04-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Innovator stop mentioning Low ki in every thread damnit.You'll ruin my excitement for the match next week the more you say it.fuck you, here to Ki

KingofOldSchool
04-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Chris Daniels for TNA Champ.

Skippord
04-23-2006, 11:55 PM
Wait I would stab Don West in the face

Mister Sinister
04-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Steal CM Punk back from WWE

And or possibly resign Julio Dinero, and put him back in with CM Punk to form the Gathering, or if not just push Punk!

Londoner
04-24-2006, 12:33 AM
fuck you, here to Ki

You're too obsessed with Low Ki.Obsessive fans are the worst.

Londoner
04-24-2006, 12:35 AM
Chris Daniels for TNA Champ.

:y:

Stickman
04-24-2006, 12:48 AM
i'm surprised nobody said this yet......4 sided ring.

Skippord
04-24-2006, 01:43 AM
A twelve sided ring

KillerWolf
04-24-2006, 06:11 AM
a square ring.

a two hour show.

improve production value.

Lock Jaw
04-24-2006, 01:54 PM
A 17 sided ring.

Innovator
04-24-2006, 04:13 PM
They really need 2 hours, too much talent going to waste *cough* Jerry Lynn *cough*

St. Jimmy
04-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Singles Matches, Clean Finishes, Good Strong Writing, Decent Promo time, keep the X title and the NWA as the main of the show.

Rob
04-24-2006, 07:45 PM
You're too obsessed with Low Ki.Obsessive fans are the worst.

Personally, I call him the most overrated talent in the business.

Dorkchop
04-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Fuck a 12 sided ring. A mother fucking 3 sided ring.

Kane Knight
04-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Is firebombing the Impact zone with all them retarded fans in it too drastic?

Skippord
04-24-2006, 11:54 PM
I like that plan

Vastardikai
04-25-2006, 02:08 AM
I have two ideas, both involve Jarrett.

Move Jarrett where he belongs: Midcard. Or, failing that, give him a black sombrero, a black Cape, and a Black Lone Ranger Mask and, after paying AOL/Time-Warner the money to buy the rights, call him El Kabong. Change nothing else about his gimmick or position.

Mr. Nerfect
04-25-2006, 03:03 AM
I would pretty much get Jeff Jarrett out of there. Not the company, but out of a wrestling role. He is too much associated with his WWE and WCW careers to really be a successful "new" star. Have Samoa Joe retire him, or something.

With the loss of Jarrett, the main event scene would develop itself, in my opinion.

I like the idea of AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels teaming. Add them to The Naturals, Matt Bentley and a re-hired Frankie Kazarian, Team Canada, America's Most Wanted, Senshi & Elix Skipper, Simon Diamond & Diamond Young (name change would do him some good), Austin Aries & Roderick Strong and Matt Sydal & Jack Evans (hire them, why not?) you have a pretty fantastic tag team division. That's not to mention the teams like Team 3D, The LAX and The James Gang.

Slowly phase out the old. I wouldn't re-sign Team 3D, BG James, Kip James or Konnan when their contracts come up.

I'd unify the NWA World Heavyweight Championship and X-Division Championships. Having one singles championship and one tag team championship would make things easier for TNA, especially considering their current one-hour timeslot.

Have eight-man singles matches, etc. You have six turnbuckles, use them.

Charging admission for PPVs is probably a good idea, as well. Loyal TNA fans are going to want to see the big events, so charging them $20 or so at the door won't turn too many people away. It might also make them more critical of what they're seeing, hence booing crap like Bullet Bob arm wrestling, instead of being happy because it's all free.

Get some of your hot women to pose for Playboy. Jackie Gayda, Gail Kim, So-Cal Val, Christy Hemme and Tracy Brooks. Too bad Shannon Moore isn't still under contract. I'm sorry, Shadow, I really, really am.

Kevin Nash doing commentary probably wouldn't hurt. Having more internet shows to showcase some of your guys that don't get much exposure probably wouldn't hurt, either. When releasing a DVD like "The Best of Samoa Joe", they should beg ROH to loan them some footage of matches that took place there. Hell, a TNA vs. ROH feud would be pretty interesting.

NeanderCarl
04-26-2006, 10:52 PM
I know you said nothing earth shattering, but...

bring Eric Bischoff on board as the President of the company. (Just don't let him loose with the ol' company checkbook.)

He is a big "ideas man" and could be the key to firmly establishing TNA as an entertaining alternative to the WWE, and a viable competitor to Vince too.

Kane Knight
04-27-2006, 08:02 AM
I would pretty much get Jeff Jarrett out of there. Not the company, but out of a wrestling role. He is too much associated with his WWE and WCW careers to really be a successful "new" star. Have Samoa Joe retire him, or something.

With the loss of Jarrett, the main event scene would develop itself, in my opinion.

I like the idea of AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels teaming. Add them to The Naturals, Matt Bentley and a re-hired Frankie Kazarian, Team Canada, America's Most Wanted, Senshi & Elix Skipper, Simon Diamond & Diamond Young (name change would do him some good), Austin Aries & Roderick Strong and Matt Sydal & Jack Evans (hire them, why not?) you have a pretty fantastic tag team division. That's not to mention the teams like Team 3D, The LAX and The James Gang.

Slowly phase out the old. I wouldn't re-sign Team 3D, BG James, Kip James or Konnan when their contracts come up.

I'd unify the NWA World Heavyweight Championship and X-Division Championships. Having one singles championship and one tag team championship would make things easier for TNA, especially considering their current one-hour timeslot.

Charging admission for PPVs is probably a good idea, as well. Loyal TNA fans are going to want to see the big events, so charging them $20 or so at the door won't turn too many people away. It might also make them more critical of what they're seeing, hence booing crap like Bullet Bob arm wrestling, instead of being happy because it's all free.

Get some of your hot women to pose for Playboy. Jackie Gayda, Gail Kim, So-Cal Val, Christy Hemme and Tracy Brooks. Too bad Shannon Moore isn't still under contract. I'm sorry, Shadow, I really, really am.

Kevin Nash doing commentary probably wouldn't hurt. Having more internet shows to showcase some of your guys that don't get much exposure probably wouldn't hurt, either. When releasing a DVD like "The Best of Samoa Joe", they should beg ROH to loan them some footage of matches that took place there. Hell, a TNA vs. ROH feud would be pretty interesting.

I zoned out after the first paragraph; did Doug Basham win the NWA Championship?

Rob
04-27-2006, 12:06 PM
You can't charge people to get into the current building because it's part of Universal. Kevin Nash might have the odd funny comment but what does he really know about announcing pro wrestling? And when has he ever really put another guy over? Showing ROH footage would be a joke. TNA looks minor league enough in comparison to WWE. But they could always show matches filmed in high schools in Nowheresville, USA. It's also not realistic to see crusierweights wrestling guys twice their size and have even chances of winning. And everyone can't play the underdog. They definately need at least 2 singles belts. Plus the Ultimate X is a great new innovative match.

McLegend
04-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Yeah honestly Kevin Nash would be good for announcing for like 2 shows then he would be terrible.

Dorkchop
04-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Yeah honestly Kevin Nash would be good for announcing for like 2 shows then he would be terrible.

Probably because he'll tear his tongue halfway through the second show.

The One
04-27-2006, 02:03 PM

I can understand your logic here, but I don't agree. I think Jeff Jerrett is still a great worker. Like him or not, he does have the ability to work a good match out of anyone...his problem is that while he can have a good match with a loser, he also can only have a good match with someone incredible. His range is very limited, and while I wouldn't have him be done wrestling, I would shift him away from the Heavyweight Title. He could talk about how he has reigned supreme in TNA, now he wants to reign supreme everywhere. Have him start doing something where they bring in some rising star (but still relative unknown) to fued with every month. It works on two ends, one, Jarrett can go over everyone he faces, two it allows TNA to see how 12 potential new talents are every year. Plus Jarrett has shown he works just as well with big men as he does small, so size wouldn't matter.

No. You trying to phase out Kip James? I don't think so! I think James Gang MIGHT one day amount to something...once Bullet Bob leaves. I mean come on, terrible second incarnation or not, they are still the New Age Outlaws god dammit!

Again, I disagree. I think they need the two divisions. I would however like to see the X-Division cut a bit of it's dead weight, and then promote the X-Title as equal to the NWA Title. They almost did that for a while, but then this whole Samoa Joe is better then the X Title thing started comming up...and ruined it.

Simple enough, and I totally agree.

That would be a horribly hard thing to pull off, and it really would only bring in $20,000 a month...which isn't really worth how much effort it would take. And I don't think it will make them critical, I think they will pay and then still think Sonjay Dutt is a good talent.

Do you somehow think that people tune into WWE because they have former Playmates? I mean Christy already posed, and it didn't really hurt her. I see no problem with doing something like this, but like the ticket thing I still just don't see the real upside.

Having more internet shows to showcase some of your guys that don't get much exposure probably wouldn't hurt, either. When releasing a DVD like "The Best of Samoa Joe", they should beg ROH to loan them some footage of matches that took place there. Hell, a TNA vs. ROH feud would be pretty interesting.

As for the Internet shows, they are going to start showing Explosion on YouTube in May. They signed some kind of deal where YouTube is exclusive online video rights to TNA stuff. I think it's cool. WWE is sueing to get YouTube to stop showing stuff, TNA is signing a deal to have them host it. It makes TNA look more fan friendly, AND it means TNA dosn't need to host their own videos...which is cheap. ANYWAY, as for getting RoH stuff? No. Absolutley not. It would just divert your fans attention from TNA to other areas. If most TNA fans found RoH there is a good chance that their loyalties might sway...TNA can't aford any of it's fans to leave.