PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather (ECW ONS 2 related)

Gertner
04-24-2006, 11:22 AM
See Van Dam win the WWE title at ONS or see Van Dam vs Jerry Lynn one more time?

Dorkchop
04-24-2006, 11:40 AM
RVD vs Jerry Lynn.

Xero
04-24-2006, 11:52 AM
RVD vs. Lynn for the WWE title.

Yashamaga
04-24-2006, 12:22 PM
First match at ONS is RVD's cashing in on the MITB. Then the main event is Lynn challenging for the title.

Or vice versa

Kane Knight
04-24-2006, 12:43 PM
I'd rather not see the WWE title at ONS period. So RVD/Lynn.,

The Show Off
04-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Well Jerry Lynn is not going to be at One Night Stand, so it's all moot.

Kane Knight
04-24-2006, 01:08 PM
It's what you would rather see.

The Icon of Elisim
04-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Lynn vs RVD for sure. Unless you are saying that this would be RVD's only chance at the title, in which I change my answer and call you a psychic

Xero
04-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Lynn vs RVD for sure. Unless you are saying that this would be RVD's only chance at the title, in which I change my answer and call you a psychic
You think he'll get another one if he bombs? With the writing team that's completely possible.

The One
04-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Neither. I don't want the WWE Title at an ECW Event, and I don't want to see RVD/Lynn try and almost certainly fail at recreating the magic they had in the ring with one another. It's been 5 years since they had their classics, 4 since they last fought each other (on Heat). It just isn't going to get better then it was, and I think seeing them do it now would be like asking Flair and Steamboat to recreate their classics.

Kane Knight
04-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Neither. I don't want the WWE Title at an ECW Event, and I don't want to see RVD/Lynn try and almost certainly fail at recreating the magic they had in the ring with one another. It's been 5 years since they had their classics, 4 since they last fought each other (on Heat). It just isn't going to get better then it was, and I think seeing them do it now would be like asking Flair and Steamboat to recreate their classics.

The One reeks of Truthiness.

Fox
04-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Yet, I disagree. The Flair/Steamboat matches took place nearly two decades ago and would get shit on today for their slow pacing and basic maneuvers.

RVD/Lynn was the beginning of a trend that created what the indy division is today. Look at their matches and compare the style of wrestling used to those being used by wrestlers in ROH, TNA and CZW.

I think another RVD/Lynn match would be awesome to see, but it won't happen because Lynn probably won't ever work for WWE again.

Xero
04-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Yet, I disagree. The Flair/Steamboat matches took place nearly two decades ago and would get shit on today for their slow pacing and basic maneuvers.

RVD/Lynn was the beginning of a trend that created what the indy division is today. Look at their matches and compare the style of wrestling used to those being used by wrestlers in ROH, TNA and CZW.

I think another RVD/Lynn match would be awesome to see, but it won't happen because Lynn probably won't ever work for WWE again.
The One's point was that it's been a while since they went and the matches won't live up to what they were.

Styles have nothing to do with it.

Innovator
04-24-2006, 07:43 PM
RVD wins title and throws it down, proclaiming himself the ECW World Champion

Dorkchop
04-24-2006, 08:32 PM
WHen they had their sweet matches, they were wrestling each other often. They had time to really get to know each other and learn new moves, and new ways to counter moves. They haven't had a match in how long? I think if it happened, it would look too planned.

I'm not trying to immediately put down the possibility of this. I'm sure if it did happen it could probably be the best match of the show.

Mr. JL
04-24-2006, 11:29 PM
RVD V. Lynn by a long shot

Skippord
04-24-2006, 11:50 PM
RVD wins the title on Raw before ONS with help from Lynn who then challenges him to a match at ONS For the title

Cuzziebro
04-24-2006, 11:53 PM
RVD wins title and throws it down, proclaiming himself the ECW World Champion

My idea is sort of the same but RVD wins the title the week before. Throws the title away. ONS 2 Opens with RVD stading in the ring with a new WWE Title Belt, just like on Smackdown vs Raw 2006, except its actually the ECW World Title. Cena changed the WWE title so why can't RVD if he wins.

Mr. Nerfect
04-25-2006, 12:21 AM
RVD challenging for a WWE Title at an ECW show? :'(

RVD winning the title in an impromptu match the fans will shit on, only for RVD to spit on the WWE Title, spin it, throw it into the crowd and crown himself the new ECW World Heavyweight Champion? Could work.

With the rumours of ECW coming back (for real this time), RVD using his MITB Title Shot to take a title and make it the new ECW Championship is probably what they have in store. I can't see them doing this to the WWE Championship, though, so maybe the World Heavyweight Championship? Rey Mysterio vs. RVD?

They shouldn't advertise the match, though. Have RVD beat Kid Kash or something (I'm not well versed on his ECW programs), and then have Rey Mysterio beat Super Crazy. RVD then runs out and gets on the microphone and says that Rey Mysterio has disgraced ECW by bringing that title here, but seeing as it is here, he's cashing in his briefcase. RVD then pins Rey Mysterio to take the title and crown himself ECW Champion.

RVD vs. Jerry Lynn probably wouldn't be the same as it was back then, but it would still be pretty awesome. If I had a choose, RVD vs. Lynn.

KingofOldSchool
04-25-2006, 01:00 AM
Cena vs. RVD just so I can laugh at the fans reaction to Cena.

I mean seriously, whoever complains about the WWE Title being at ONS needs a major reality check.

It technically *IS* WWE One Night Stand, especially if you actually remember what happened last year.

Kane Knight
04-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Because everyone loved that and wanted to see it.

Don't be a retard.

Xero
04-25-2006, 12:03 PM
RVD challenging for a WWE Title at an ECW show? :'(

RVD winning the title in an impromptu match the fans will shit on, only for RVD to spit on the WWE Title, spin it, throw it into the crowd and crown himself the new ECW World Heavyweight Champion? Could work.

ROFL, I'd love to see that. Obviously they'd use a replica, but I'd love to see them throw the title into the crowd one day and let a fan keep it.

Dorkchop
04-25-2006, 02:29 PM
ROFL, I'd love to see that. Obviously they'd use a replica, but I'd love to see them throw the title into the crowd one day and let a fan keep it.

It would be a planted "fan" who in a couple of months would debut in the WWE.

Xero
04-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Knowing RVD and Heyman, they'd just throw it randomly. Like on the other side of the arena "by mistake".

Indifferent Clox
04-25-2006, 10:59 PM
I believe he'll call out Triple H before the show and we'll all know he's going to. But the twist will come when someone else shows up to make it a classic ECW three way!