PDA

View Full Version : Backlash?

Mr. Nerfect
04-25-2006, 02:17 AM
I usually order WWE PPVs, but I am going to give Backlash a skip. Is anyone else completely underwhelmed by this PPV? You've got some promise in RVD vs. Shelton and Mickie vs. Trish, but that's about it.

John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Edge is pretty eh for me. I just want to know who wins, I really don't have to see it. Umaga vs. Ric Flair (presuming it makes it on the card) is probably going to be a clash of styles, Ric Flair will bleed, make it entertaining, but it will be nothing special, Umaga's gimmick is pretty stagnant in the scene of things. Carlito vs. Chris Masters is a match that I can imagine being good, but under WWE-style it will probably only make a "B" grading at best. It's one of those matches I'm going to download or watch on DVD if people say it is good enough. Kane vs. Big Show is pretty stupid so far, and ring-wise, it's not going to make up for its storyline ridiculousness. I won't even touch The McMahons vs. Michaels.

Even if they added something completely random just for quality; say The Spirit Suad vs. Charlie Haas & Eugene for the World Tag Team Championship, it will still likely be a totally passable event.

At least SmackDown! has storylines which interest me at the moment, and they have matches being built up fantastically. MNM vs. Paul London & Brian Kendrick, when it finally does happen, will be a great match with a great story. They have the King of the Ring Tournament, which could give us Kurt Angle vs. Booker T and Chris Benoit vs. Bobby Lashley on the Judgment Day card. That's not even taking into consideration another possible three title matches.

What's wrong with RAW lately? Why hasn't it been able to pick up steam? RVD needs to cash in his MITB Title Shot for Vengeance, Edge needs to be WWE Champion so Triple H and John Cena can work lower on the card, RAW needs to have its own KOR Tournament, leading to an interpromotional feud for the winners heading into Summerslam or Survivor Series, etc. RAW NEEDS to start doing stuff if I am to care, again.

Does anyone else feel the same way as me about RAW, Backlash in particular?

Cuzziebro
04-25-2006, 02:21 AM
I totally agree, they need to build up their matches more and not fuck up the good matchups they have ie. Carlito v Masters, Kane v Big Show. Kane v Show could be real good if not for the stupidness of the storyline and if Kane goes back to the Monster type character he used to be.

Mr. Nerfect
04-25-2006, 02:35 AM
I know they are probably going somewhere with this Chavo Guerrero thing, but why is he not on the card? Chavo Guerrero vs. Rob Conway is a solid edition to any card. Have Eugene in Chavo's corner to support a man he admires, and then have Eugene snap out of character and cost Guerrero the match. You can then continue Chavo's shame-spiral and you have two new heels for the mid-card.

The Spirit Squad also haven't got anything for the PPV. Even if it was Spirit Squad vs. Spirit Squad to decide which of the four main competitors of the stable end up with the belts full-time. Once again, I am more interesting in what could be going on in the WWE than what is. It's a real shame.

Mister Sinister
04-25-2006, 03:39 AM
Espically, when you know...They will only use Edge to get pinned, so they can continue the HHH/Cena fued...sucks, since I'm sure I'm not the only one, that wanted a longer Edge title run.

Cuzziebro
04-25-2006, 07:27 AM
I'm all for Edge winning the belt and Cena/HHH continue fueding without the belt.

Cuzziebro
04-25-2006, 07:29 AM
I would also like see Eugene turn heel that would be cool.

Londoner
04-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Even though the card seems like shit, and the kane/big show storyline is just ridiculous, im still watching this as ive liked every WWE PPV ive watched so far this year and its free on sky sports, about an hour after Lockdown finishes on TWC.I'm going to get so drunk that i wont notice how shitty it is if it turns out to be shit.

Kane Knight
04-25-2006, 08:44 AM
Still being unemployed, me skipping a PPV is nothing special, but Raw and Smackdown are really inverting thmselves in my mind.

Ask me what happened on Smackdown, I can give you details on almost every match. Ask me what happened on Raw...

...I've gotta fucking look up most of the matches.

Flair Wooo
04-25-2006, 10:34 AM
We get backlash free over here so i'm watching it ...

Dorkchop
04-25-2006, 02:35 PM
As usual Coach will probably face a low midcarder.

*Somewhat of a spoiler*

This year it'll be Viscera.

St. Jimmy
04-25-2006, 02:38 PM
i can see it being an overall okay PPV.
Triple Threat match will be entertaining.
Carlito can get a good match out of Masters.
Trish v.s Mickie II = Possiblity for Gold.
McMahons v.s Micheals and "God"... yeah... okay... =/
Flair v.s. Haku :shifty: right...

still, i see good possibilites.

Thechampishere!
04-26-2006, 01:12 AM
The triple threat Match will be worthwhile ,judge me if you want but cena's un-technical positioning in the ring is entertaining ,Instead of using old school tactics ,he uses new school and plants his opponents away with devasting techniques.

Then you've got hhh ,the king of kings ,he is the man ,Nobody could mis-judge his abilities and strenght.
So many character breaks he's had too ,dx softnuts ,then singles division (started of scrappy ,lad to most dominant character).
And edge is just a stand in?
Why do wwe even bother with edge? Hes funny ,but being a main eventer is too much for him.

The One
04-26-2006, 01:19 AM
Oh I can't wait to see how well this guy goes over.

Thechampishere!
04-26-2006, 01:21 AM
Oh I can't wait to see how well this guy goes over.

Who you referring to?

The One
04-26-2006, 01:22 AM
You.

Thechampishere!
04-26-2006, 01:25 AM
Fair enough
Im judgemental ,Its part of my life

BlackDawn2024
04-26-2006, 01:28 AM
Fair enough
Im judgemental ,Its part of my life

Is that you Vermaat?

Anyway, I won't be ordering Backlash, either. I probably would if I wasn't a broke bastard.

The One
04-26-2006, 01:28 AM
And we are very judgemental here. One quick tip; spend a second or two before you actually post something to run through it and make sure it looks like a school report. Unfun? Sometimes. But most people here like using proper writing. That includes spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Just a heads up.

Thechampishere!
04-26-2006, 01:34 AM
I can do that?
I completed secondary school?
And for spelling ,well it was a freak of nature accident ,Meat grinder meets Finger. I couldn't afford the surgery at the time HP'S ,new car etc..

Skippord
04-26-2006, 01:36 AM
Edge Winning the triple threat would rule all kinds of ass

The One
04-26-2006, 01:36 AM
Sorry, your attempt at humor didn’t work.

Thechampishere!
04-26-2006, 01:39 AM
It wasnt supposed to be humour "the one"
Its a real life Incident ,you don't know me ,I don't know you.

Wow ,you lot rank yourselves surpeme on a forum?

BlackDawn2024
04-26-2006, 01:41 AM
It wasnt supposed to be humour "the one"
Its a real life Incident ,you don't know me ,I don't know you.

Wow ,you lot rank yourselves surpeme on a forum?

I can't tell if this is a joke, John Cena or Vermaat. Probably a combination of all three.

Skippord
04-26-2006, 01:42 AM
Oh I thought the One was talking about me

The One
04-26-2006, 01:45 AM
OK, I was trying to save you from having to deal with a shit load of more people getting on your ass, but hey always fun to be blamed for trying to help. You had question marks after statements, and your final sentence was so chalked full of mistakes it was nearly completely not understandable.

And I don't know how to "lot rank" myself, but I do feel as though I have earned a certain level of repsect from my peers here, so if I go out of my way to try and make your arrival here that much easier, maybe you don't spazz out on me. Maybe? No. Ok.

Thechampishere!
04-26-2006, 01:56 AM
Made it easier?
You basically Inducted me into the "New People who are stupid" club.

Cheers I guess? But saying my Little Incident is a joke is dis-respctful ,unless you know me personally dont Judge a cover by its books.

The One
04-26-2006, 01:59 AM
Actually if you look back in the other thread I kept you out of the "Vermaat/dumb" club, and said you had potential. I know nothing of your real life, nor do I care about it. My comments on your bad humor was that I had just minutes prior adviced you to be aware of how you write, and in the very next post you made at least a half a dozen mistakes.

Now fuck off, and have a nice day.

The One
04-26-2006, 01:59 AM
And what does a finger accident have to do with the ability to spell anyway?

Mr. Nerfect
04-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Made it easier?

Cheers I guess? But saying my Little Incident is a joke is dis-respctful ,unless you know me personally dont Judge a cover by its books.

Traditionally you judge a book by its cover. The One was trying to help you out, man, don't get so defensive.

Anyway, back on topic:

I would mark the fuck out if Edge came out at Backlash and wore a shirt which was pretty much Cena's, but instead of "Hustle. Loyalty. Respect." it said "Love. Peace. Tolerance." :love:

The WWE needs to stop trying and position the audience. It doesn't work, whether or not the WWE wishes to accept that or not. People are even turning on little old Rey Mysterio. Having wrestlers show their full personalities and letting the fans latch on is probably the way to go.

I want to see the Edge that would do things "for the benefit of those with flash photography". I want to see Edge get in guys heads by playing practical jokes on them. Call that too foolish for a main event, but that was Edgertainment. That's why Edge got to the position to become a main eventer in the first place.

Although I am now starting to believe it is more and more an inevitability that Triple H will walk out with the WWE Championship at Backlash, I do still believe Edge is the way to go. Think about it. Edge winning gives us Edge vs. RVD, Shawn Michaels or Kane at Vengeance, maybe all four, while we get John Cena vs. Triple H in a Hell in a Cell Match (hopefully on the undercard). Then there's still the whereabouts of Big Show. He and Carlito could possibly fit into the main event, making it a Six-Pack Match. Add Shelton Benjamin vs. Charlie Haas for the WWE Intercontinental Championship and Chris Masters vs. Ric Flair or something, and you have a card people may get excited about.

I'm basically going to skip Backlash, order Judgment Day, order TNA, order One Night Stand and then either skip or order Vengeance, depending on how the card looks. Last year it was strong, here's hoping that continues this year.

Skippord
04-26-2006, 04:41 PM
And what does a finger accident have to do with the ability to spell anyway?
You try typing with a nub

The One
04-26-2006, 04:45 PM
He said finger not fingers. That means one. And even if he did lose all five, don't you think he might learn to use his other hand? Or maybe he would use a pen or something...by the way I typed this entire thing using two clenched fists. (Used the pointer finger knuckles)

Skippord
04-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Tooshay The One Tooshay Indeed

Xero
04-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Made it easier?

LOL

happylad
04-26-2006, 05:57 PM
I am for edge being champion again. He was funny and i did think he deserved longer than a pathetic month he was given let edge be champion and give him a mini feud until RVD cashes in, maybe against Micheals if they could have "god" help him to victory against the mcmahons,its hard to see who he could feud with till RVD takes belt but some wins against the likes of the bigshow or Micheals would do Edges championship credibility worlds of good and RVD can prove too much for him in his own environment a hardcore match. After seeing his mania match against Foley i feel an Edge vs RVD hardcore match with RVD winning would be great

Kane Knight
04-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Made it easier?

Write something intelligent and legible (No need for perfect grammar and spelling, just make it look like you can type better than a chat room), and I'll be more than happy to be the first to induct you into the "New People who are intelligent" club. :D

In the meanwhile...

Kane Knight
04-26-2006, 06:25 PM
He said finger not fingers. That means one. And even if he did lose all five, don't you think he might learn to use his other hand?

I did. When I lost my hand in the war, I learned to jerk off righty.

The One
04-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Who uses their left hand to jerk off with if they have both of them?

Kane Knight
04-26-2006, 07:00 PM
*raises stump*

I'm a lefty.

Well, sorta.

Evil Vito
04-26-2006, 07:07 PM
<font color=goldenrod>The Spirit Squad definately need a match

As mentioned, either a random tag title match or something like:

The Spirit Squad vs. Eugene, Goldust, Gene Snitsky, Viscera, and Charlie Haas

God, that match would be entertaining and fun to watch</font>

Hired Hitman
04-26-2006, 08:22 PM
To tell the truth, I am thinking of buying the ppv just for Trish/Mickie. :o

But I wont.

Pinnacle Charisma
04-26-2006, 08:29 PM
The triple threat Match will be worthwhile ,judge me if you want but cena's un-technical positioning in the ring is entertaining ,Instead of using old school tactics ,he uses new school and plants his opponents away with devasting techniques.

I actually really did laugh out loud when I read that

Kane Knight
04-26-2006, 09:29 PM
I think Lashley should show up, interrupt the ME, and apologise, as he thought it was "Blacklash."

Then Edge could win by Rollup and we could get another 4 weeks of him insisting he wasn't a fluke champion.

Mr. Nerfect
04-26-2006, 11:55 PM
<font color=goldenrod>The Spirit Squad definately need a match

As mentioned, either a random tag title match or something like:

The Spirit Squad vs. Eugene, Goldust, Gene Snitsky, Viscera, and Charlie Haas

God, that match would be entertaining and fun to watch</font>

Holy shit! That would be awesome. I was about to suggest they added Charlie Haas vs. Matt Striker to the card, with Haas going over with the Haas of Pain, but that ten-man tag team match would be awesome. Hell, make it elimination just for kicks and giggles.

Goldust goes first when he gets disqualified on purpose, allowing Eugene to break free and tag Haas, who pins Mitch. Viscera then hits Nicky with the Sex Drive, sending him packing. Behind the ref's back, Vis gets the High Spirits and is eliminated by Johnny. Eugene gets involved, but is dominated and pinned by Mikey. Haas is isolated and then tags Snitsky who cleans house and eliminates Johnny with his swinging uranage move. Kenny & Mikey manage to cheat to get Snitsky eliminated. Kenny gets the pin. This leaves Haas to make a heroic comeback and get Mikey in the Haas of Pain for the submission and Mikey's elimination. This leaves us with Charlie Haas and Kenny. The Spirit Squad win when Kenny hits Charlie Haas with the World Tag Team Title belt, allowing Kenny to follow up with his Leg Drop.

The WWE needs to have more multi-man matches.

Boondock Saint
04-27-2006, 12:07 AM
Nah, prolly not getting another PPV til Summerslam, and I may goto that.

Honestly the only match I would like to see is McMahons/HBK and thats only cuz I'm a Vince/Shane mark.

Maybe Trish/Mickie too.