PDA

View Full Version : Dirty

KillerWolf
04-26-2006, 02:42 PM
so my wife and i were parusing the video store, and she said that this Cuba Gooding Jr. movie, "Dirty" might be good. we didnt rent it that particular time, and every time thereafter all copies of the movie were checked out, no matter what time of day we tried. and so after a couple of weeks, i did something that i never do: i bought before i rented.

at first, after watching i was a little disapointed. but then the more i thought about it, i became more and more aware that this was a total crap movie. it is basically supposed to be in the same vein as Training Day, Narc, Dark Blue...gritty dark side of the law drama. well it fails miserably. and Cuba Gooding Jr. is no Denzel Washington, or Ray Liota, or Kurt Russel. and neither is his partner - Tac from The Stoned Age, the Mexican with a Southern accent, Clifton Collins Jr. Gooding's character comes off as too stupid to even be a cop.

the movie was horribly directed. so many loose ends and happenings that just do not make any sense. the whole movie makes no sense at all. the whole thing is a total clusterfuck of a movie.

after watching it, i realized that the reason it was always checked out at the video store is because retarded wanna-be gang bangers probably think that this is a great film, and realisticly portrays gangsters.

i ended up taking it back to Wal-Mart saying that it was defective. of course i had to hide the remaing copies they had behind the Knight Rider DVD set so i could exchange it for something else. i ended up getting Batman Begins, and The Quest for the Holy Grail.

Boondock Saint
04-26-2006, 02:54 PM
It's supposedly quite good.

KillerWolf
04-27-2006, 10:33 AM
^ trust me. it's horrible. i've never been more sure about anything in my life.

RP
04-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Cuba Gooding Jr. Makes no such thing as a bad bad movie. Your information is wrong and obviously misleading. Have you even seen Rat Race?

tucsonspeed6
04-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Knight Rider fan club enters Walmart:

"Here we go, guys. Now's the time to get our Knight Rider DVD. OH look. They've even got enough copies for all of us!"

Seriously, though. I heard it sucked too. Ebert and Roeper split on it, but when they split, I usually assume it's still bad because usually one of them gives it a thumbs up for some stupid reason anyway.

And RP, if you're suggesting that Rat Race sucked, it didn't.

KillerWolf
04-29-2006, 09:39 AM
well, it tries to be something. but in the end, it all comes together about as well as Mortal Kombat II.

YOUR Hero
04-29-2006, 12:06 PM
I loved Rat Race :love: (<- see)