PDA

View Full Version : Latest on FF7 for PS3...

The One
04-27-2006, 06:12 PM
I know they made the Tech Demo and that caused talks about possibly releasing a remake of FF7 when they released the PS3...but then I heard Sony released a statement saying they had no intention of doing that...then someone said after all the feedback they got about it they are reconsidering. So does anyone know what the current status of it is?

Kane Knight
04-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Current status is not happening.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Game Informer has it in their rumor column.

Bear in mind, that's GI, not Square Enix, and it's only a rumor, but still. Hope is there.

Shaggy
04-29-2006, 12:09 PM
I would have to say yes...they are planning on doing this...

Only for the fact that they knew that showing FFVII in PS3 form would get us Fan Boys jumping like crazy. Hell im willing to say that if they did go through with the FFVII on PS3 it would be the game that moves the console into peoples homes.

Im not buying a PS3 right on release....but if they said FFVII was gonna be out by then I would be waiting over night for it.

Fignuts
04-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Honestly a remake and/or sequel for the PS3 is ineveitible. There is far too much money to be made there.

Plus, imo anyhow, I think all these ff7 related games and the movie are being released purely to wet the appetites of gamers, so they will sell even more copies when it does come out.

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Game Informer has it in their rumor column.

Bear in mind, that's GI, not Square Enix, and it's only a rumor, but still. Hope is there.

And it doesn't so much say FFVII as it says "Cloud and Aeris get it on in WILD WILD SEX...Foreplay Fantasies...;)"

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Honestly a remake and/or sequel for the PS3 is ineveitible. There is far too much money to be made there.

It was inevitable on the PS2. Not to mention a number of other "inevitable" games that have escaped their destiny.

SukkaChump
05-02-2006, 03:16 AM
I heard from somewhere that if they make a remake its not going to be old school turn based fighting, its apparently going to have the current fighting system for FF XII, or so i hear.

Kalyx triaD
05-04-2006, 03:58 PM
FF7 Remake=Waste of Time

I like FF7, I worship Advent Children, but a whole remake after all the FF7 related stuff is overdoing it. FF12 is coming, FF13 may be announced soon; let's move on.

Orcarina of Time doesn't get this type of love. Let's see that get a remake and a CGI movie.

Johnny Vegas
05-05-2006, 03:13 PM
I agree. Remaking a Final Fantasy VII will destroy the image and story that has been in our minds since '97.

C'mon, they just came out with the DVD. That added a little bit more to the story, sort of a "what happened after the meteor", and i am not saying that they shouldn't think about a Final Fantasy VII-2 or something, but DO NOT remake. I would buy a FF VII-2, basing it off of Advent Children and going farther along the story. I just think that the Final Fantasy VII storyline is VERY fragile and i don't want it to be tampered/messed up.

The One
05-07-2006, 04:53 AM
The idea is it would be the same story, but modern/PS3 graphics....at least that's what the rumor about it was.

Kane Knight
05-07-2006, 09:31 AM
I agree. Remaking a Final Fantasy VII will destroy the image and story that has been in our minds since '97.

C'mon, they just came out with the DVD. That added a little bit more to the story, sort of a "what happened after the meteor", and i am not saying that they shouldn't think about a Final Fantasy VII-2 or something, but DO NOT remake. I would buy a FF VII-2, basing it off of Advent Children and going farther along the story. I just think that the Final Fantasy VII storyline is VERY fragile and i don't want it to be tampered/messed up.

Because it's ruined all the other ports/remakes.

UmbrellaCorporation
05-14-2006, 01:02 PM
"Last year, Square Enix teased everyone with what it called the "FFVII PS3 Tech Demo". Well, what do you know. This test case was really a sneak peek of a next-gen revival of the PS1 role-playing hit." - Newest EGM, Page 76 (Upcoming PS3 games section).

So there's EGM and GI that have both made references to a remake being a-go. I know it's only EGM, and not Square Enix, but with this much buzz, surely there has to be SOMETHING to it (or I'm hoping valiantly. :()

Kane Knight
05-14-2006, 01:57 PM
I wonder if the remakes will feature "More ultimate" weapons. :D

FourFifty
05-14-2006, 02:02 PM
After FFIX, X, and X-2, I would LOVE to see Square Enix remake a good game instead of another bad game. Hey, they have the game already taken care of, they just need to up the ante of it now.

Fignuts
05-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Honestly, I'd buy a remake in a snap.

I also think using 12's battle system would be good move. It would make the game feel more fresh, in addition to the new graphics. The only people that would whine about that, will buy it regardless.

As long as they don't fuck with the story(which I doubt they would) it would be pretty wesome.

Fignuts
05-14-2006, 02:07 PM
awesome

no, no, I think I'll stick with wesome.

Kane Knight
05-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Or they could make a new game that didn't suck.

But why...People will buy the rehashes forever. Oh well.

Kane Knight
05-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Also, I can't help but notice the number of FF-7 spinoffs we're seeing...

94 SVT Cobra
05-14-2006, 02:58 PM
I never played any FF game, but i always wanted to play 7 off the buzz it created in my middle school. Kids i didnt even know plaed VGs were talking about this game